PDA

View Full Version : Quoting suggestion.

Kamex
10-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I have a suggestion on quoting:

When someone quotes you, you have no idea when or where that person did it. My suggestion is that it should notify you when you get quoted. That way, you can answer the person's question or continue the discussion as soon as possible.

The Arrow
10-02-2012, 07:50 PM
I totally agree! People have quoted me numerous amounts of times before. I usually have no way of knowing it because I'm not notified of it, so the only way I'd know it is if I would check the thread again, which I may forget to do! Great suggestion! :)

Minntul
10-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Dunno if this is a good idea or not.

I'm usually the type of guy who likes to kusopost and quote people for bull**** reasons, or just for the sake of it. I'm sure there are others too and the notifications could just become an annoyance.

Tuxy
10-02-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't support this. It would get annoying very quickly, and if you want to see a reaction from one, just check the thread. It's that simple.

Merga
10-02-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm against it. There will be some people (there are probably some people that do this right now, I haven't been keeping track) that quote for no good purpose.

Plus, say Member A said something ridiculous on one of the threads, then Members B-Z decides to quote Member A each, and rat him out. I think Member A would be pretty annoyed and get the message that his post was dumb after Member F quotes him. It's too much of a disturbance in my opinion.

Shantae
10-02-2012, 08:27 PM
What Tux and Mega said.

Notifying a member that is quoting to another member and sent a notification to the member would be an annoying to some users. Remember the Like feature was developed and it had notification when a user liked a post (that notification feature was removed). If you guys know what I'm saying. Anywho, yeah. I don't support this idea. Sorry. :/

BreeZaps
10-02-2012, 08:54 PM
I put my own Quote in my sig so if everytime I post I get notify every post that would be dumb so no.

Dabottle
10-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Unnecessary and silly.

Kyoits
10-02-2012, 10:57 PM
I guess sometimes this would be a good idea, but it would get annoying if you get quoted every 5 seconds. It might be a good idea but it might be a terrible idea.

Zachgoose
10-02-2012, 11:28 PM
The Meet the Members section ruins this. xP

It's too difficult to implement for what it is.

It's a good idea, though.

Champion Cynthia
10-03-2012, 09:09 PM
This isn't closed after a staff posted ;o