PDA

View Full Version : A message regarding the rules.

Zachgoose
10-06-2012, 04:46 AM
It's come to my attention lately that many of you have been acting slightly too inappropriate with the use of language. I'm a very lenient person, but this has gone too far. It is okay to curse occasionally if a word is censored, but it has been spammed frequently because people think that it's funny.

Curse words are very powerful and can hurt people's feelings. Additionally, I have noticed many of you evading the censor. It's there for a reason. Yes, you can make a naughty word show by typing a 1 instead of an I or putting a space in-between a word.

This is a forum for all ages of people. Yes, there are times when we can act more mature, but numerous users have gone too far with it.

That being said, I will begin infracting people that curse frequently. It is acceptable to do it on occasion, but it's not as amusing as you think it is and it makes our community look bad as a whole.

sonriopoby123
10-06-2012, 04:49 AM
This is a great thing to do. People who frequently curse aren't that great, unless they use it when it is..........idk....
I never liked cursing, but I have done it before. This is a forum for all ages, but there is a lot of kids here, like me.

X!!
10-06-2012, 04:50 AM
*feels ashamed of myself*

brb. I need to get 10,000 infractions.

Glace
10-06-2012, 04:51 AM
This is true. I have seen examples of the curse loophole. (Not that I do it. If I cuss at school, it's detention. At home, grounded for the rest of the year.)

LovelyOshawott
10-06-2012, 04:54 AM
I have never cursed in real life and won't here.

Umbrony
10-06-2012, 05:24 AM
*looks at Mental*

Some of us have been swearing like SAILORS.

I quit after that one night. xD

Flubbs
10-06-2012, 05:29 AM
Yeah guys, stop cursing so much! Oh wait.. Ok yeah, it has been a bit out of control lately. It's fun to do it, but there are young ones here, so toning it down a bit is probably for the best.

Shantae
10-06-2012, 05:38 AM
I feel ashamed to myself, but yeah. I agree with you Zach in this one. Personally, I think it's kinda getting outta control with some members (not saying it's you or what) are swearing/cussing. It pretty fun to do so but not for everyone else. Like what Zach said, this forum is for all ages. Unless if it wasn't mentioned about swearing/cussing news message..... Then the community will be a mad-house of swearing or cussing. Again, I don't mind a member said a swear or cuss word but for doing it excessive times. I feel there is something wrong in here........ :/

Starry
10-06-2012, 05:46 AM
I have never cursed in real life and won't here.

I agree. If I say things mature, I dont exactly do it on purpose. Cussing is something I dont do. I just sa Foop XD

Judge Mandolore Shepard
10-06-2012, 11:34 AM
I have certainly noticed the uncensored cursing going on recently. It is like certain users have indeed been forgetting about rules regarding cursing.

Tuxy
10-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Indeed there are some members overdoing the cursing, and this has to stop. I actually suggest (for posts only, not chatbox) that there should be no censor, but the posts aren't even allowed to get made public. This may put a stop to it, at least temporarily.

Dabottle
10-06-2012, 11:54 AM
oh noez bad words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Will do as you request, Lord Amir.

Minntul
10-06-2012, 12:23 PM
*looks at Mental*

Some of us have been swearing like SAILORS.

>tfw this is entirely true

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UKQrr_CypGw/TVh5w781lgI/AAAAAAAAFDQ/yW43_tcHk2w/s200/feels-good-man.png

newsupermariobros
10-06-2012, 12:39 PM
I agree with Zach here.Some users have been doing it too often.I'm probably one of the young users here.I'm 11 and I only cuss once in a while.It would be nice to have a less foul language here.

Giratina720
10-06-2012, 02:26 PM
yeah i've been seeing way too much cursing, i like doing the censoring in other forums which is alot better.

Yui
10-06-2012, 02:28 PM
I mean, it's not like these kids have never heard curse words before. And if they haven't they will eventually. Besides that, I don't see a problem with cursing if it's not directed at someone. Honestly, who cares? At the end of the day, if your curses aren't directed at anyone, who's it hurting other than yourself?

pikachumaster
10-06-2012, 02:59 PM
I curse, but not excessively. Whwn I do swear/curse, I don't have the intention to. There are, however, a group of people who swear too much.
With that said, I laugh at X! *Evil Laugh*

Kyoits
10-06-2012, 03:15 PM
I did that kind of stuff now that I know that there are younger users on this forum I should slap myself for cursing while they are there.

The Arrow
10-06-2012, 03:30 PM
This is definitely something that's been bothering me quite a bit. I can name quite a few users who have been swearing nonstop (whom I will NOT name), and it is starting to get annoying. NO ONE should have to swear a million times in a sentence, whether it's on the forum or even in real life. I can understand words like "hell" and "damn" (only said them to get a point across) because they shouldn't even be considered swear words, however there is still no reason to excessively use them. I also agree that if you haven't been exposed to swear words yet during your life, trust me, you will. Everyone uses them (even myself), you will, EVEN if you haven't. Swearing just makes the general community look bad and gives us more of a negative reputation.

Remember, a little swearing is not bad at all, but constant swearing should be addressed because it's brutally annoying and it makes the whole community and your look bad. Trust me, you can say a few sentences without swearing.

Note: Swearing isn't as bad as long as you don't swear at a person and call them offensive terms. If you're just making a point, it's not near as bad.

Shaymin
10-07-2012, 02:08 AM
Yes, and thank you Zachgoose. I've seen quite a bit of swearing this days, and if this goes too far, some of the younger users of this site will use them improperly. I'm one that uses cussing here and there, but only if I really need to and to use the word for its actual meaning.

MadCutter
10-07-2012, 12:11 PM
(swampert)Yeah, come on guys

Red
10-07-2012, 12:49 PM
(swampert)Yeah, come on guys
Aren't you the contributative(it's a word in my dictionary stfu bottle) one.

I personally don't have a problem with swearing. But I do believe there's a limit to where it just starts getting stupid. As Hinata(Yui) says you're only hurting yourself if you're not hurting others. Besides, do you people really want to end up like this kid:
[Beware contains lots of profanity]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-jaCMFvaMk

Patriot
10-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Aren't you the contributative(it's a word in my dictionary stfu bottle) one.

I personally don't have a problem with swearing. But I do believe there's a limit to where it just starts getting stupid. As Hinata(Yui) says you're only hurting yourself if you're not hurting others. Besides, do you people really want to end up like this kid:
[Beware contains lots of profanity]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-jaCMFvaMk

Love that video. If only TF2 had more of that kind of kid.

DarkSide
10-15-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm getting annoyed of all the cursing crap too *Hope's that you don't consider crap to be foul language*

Christian
10-18-2012, 06:33 PM
I thank you for this thread really, I don't really mind people cursing.. But I can't stand it when they're doing it in every sentence.

MegaBEAST
12-22-2012, 03:56 PM
**** it no swearing! No, you make a good point and i will watch my mouth.

Kitty
03-01-2013, 11:12 PM
I agree with my fave Moderator. He is right. Many people avoid the censor and I'm very underaged to head that kind of language. Everybody would be appreciated to STOP.

Ayra
03-02-2013, 01:57 AM
I'd have to be quite appreciative of this thread. There are people on these forums that swear every sentence, and should stop.
Personally, I do swear occasionally both IRL and over here, but I understand that I must watch myself.

Rocket
03-02-2013, 02:45 AM
Yeah, I know I am not allowed to cuss much because of me being 11. You guys can sometimes be bad influences to younger members.

Bricktoad
03-03-2013, 04:34 PM
WHY IS THIS THREAD BUMPED?!?!?!?!?!

*erhem* Well, since the length of infractions has been increased, I would not suggest swearing.
:3 :3 :3 That's me trying to sound intelligent, only pay attention to the top part