PDA

View Full Version : Touhou 13.5 ~ Hopeless Masquerade has been announced!!

Rustic-Ghost
10-12-2012, 06:21 AM
So Tasofro recently posted about the up coming release in the Touhou franchise; Touhou 13.5 ~ Hopeless Masquerade. You can check out the announcement webpage here: http://www.tasofro.net/touhou135/
So, it appears to be a fighter (NICE OBSERVATION ME) with a completely redone engine. Neato. Graphics on the sprites have been improved and backgrounds look to be a mix of 2D and 3D. As a Touhou fan, this is both exciting and a little dissapointing, I honestly hoped Touhou 14 would come round before another decimal game, but I can't complain, my recent interest in BlazBlue makes a fighting game all that much more exciting. As a fighting game fan, I am both excited and curious, there seem to be some interesting mechanics here, like the meters in the characters respective corners, and other such things.

Things I'm looking forward to:
-The new mechanics, it looks real flash.
-What characters are going to be involved.
-How special moves will work, and how they will look.
-IMPROVED GRAPHICS.
-The game in general.
-OH YEAH A TIMER THANK ZUN FOR THAT.

Things I'm not looking forward to:
-Getting used to the mechanics.
-Characters may be removed, much like China was.
-Bad character balancing is looking like a possibility, new mechanics seem to cause this.
-Hopeless Masquerade sounds like a weird name, I'm kinda worried about the storyline.

All in all, look forward to it, seems like something I'll enjoy, I just hope translating doesn't take too long because playing the game in Japanese is confusing.

Merga
10-12-2012, 01:55 PM
>Timer
Thank freaking god, no more 3 minute long battles. Fighting games should not be able to last that long.

>Characters may be removed
If ZUN decides to remove my Patchy, I'm going to freak.

I'm kind of glad that PSA is making a new fighting game to add on to the series. It's going to be different getting used to the new layout that wasn't in 12.3 or 10.5, but I am looking for improvements with the new engine that the game will be using. Judging from the screenshots, it honestly looks a lot nicer than the last two games.

Minntul
10-12-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm hyped. I really enjoy the Touhou fighting games(when I can get them to run) and this looks really pleasant.

Keine better be in this one or I'm not wasting my time.

Xerodragon12
10-12-2012, 03:42 PM
In terms of story, here's the translated blurb from the Touhou Wiki:
"The terrors found in recurring disasters and unavoidable catastrophes;
they have brought pessimism to the human village.

A gloomy atmosphere swirls about the village.
But it's not a feeling of despair.
It's more like claustrophobia.

"Why not?"

No one remembered speaking it, but this voice still made itself heard.
If nothing is going to change, shouldn't we just do whatever we want?
We should just live for the moment.
Little by little the hearts of humans in the village have become uncaring, and they have begun to fall into disorder.

There are those who view the scene from a different perspective; the religious.
They believe that they should seize control of the people who fell into disorder.
Because as well as restoring order, it would be a great opportunity to gather faith at the same time. There are those who view the scene from a different perspective; the religious.

The priest who has built a temple in Gensokyo, the Taoist who abandoned the material world and dreams of immortality,
and the shrine maiden who seeks rehabilitation.
They've all decided; now is their time to take the stage.

Now, with your beliefs as your weapons, battle with appeal and fight over your popularity!"

Something tells me characters include Toyosatomimi No Miko, Hijiri Byakuren, and both their posses, as well as (obviously) Reimu and Marisa and Sanae. Maybe additional characters would be added as DLC or something. That would be nice.

Merga
10-12-2012, 04:48 PM
In terms of story, here's the translated blurb from the Touhou Wiki:
"The terrors found in recurring disasters and unavoidable catastrophes;
they have brought pessimism to the human village.

A gloomy atmosphere swirls about the village.
But it's not a feeling of despair.
It's more like claustrophobia.

"Why not?"

No one remembered speaking it, but this voice still made itself heard.
If nothing is going to change, shouldn't we just do whatever we want?
We should just live for the moment.
Little by little the hearts of humans in the village have become uncaring, and they have begun to fall into disorder.

There are those who view the scene from a different perspective; the religious.
They believe that they should seize control of the people who fell into disorder.
Because as well as restoring order, it would be a great opportunity to gather faith at the same time. There are those who view the scene from a different perspective; the religious.

The priest who has built a temple in Gensokyo, the Taoist who abandoned the material world and dreams of immortality,
and the shrine maiden who seeks rehabilitation.
They've all decided; now is their time to take the stage.

Now, with your beliefs as your weapons, battle with appeal and fight over your popularity!"

Something tells me characters include Toyosatomimi No Miko, Hijiri Byakuren, and both their posses, as well as (obviously) Reimu and Marisa and Sanae. Maybe additional characters would be added as DLC or something. That would be nice.

>Implying people play Touhou for the story

Eh, I bet some people actually do. I just play for the dodgin' n' shootin'.

Tuxy
10-12-2012, 04:53 PM
I didn't really care about Touhou before, but I might look into this game. It does look very interesting.

Zachgoose
10-13-2012, 03:43 AM
Yeah I'm.... indifferent at the moment.

Of course the new graphics seem great, but I'm apprehensive about them removing old characters; I would prefer them to expand the 12.3 roster even more while keep the game the same.

Rustic-Ghost
10-13-2012, 04:16 AM
Yeah I'm.... indifferent at the moment.

Of course the new graphics seem great, but I'm apprehensive about them removing old characters; I would prefer them to expand the 12.3 roster even more while keep the game the same.

This is what I hope for as well. Although, knowing ZUN, he'll at least keep most of the characters, last time he removed a character from a fighter it was China and he brought her back anyway so...
I'd like to see some previously considered characters make an appearance (Mokou, Keine, Kanako etc) I'd also like to see some TD and UFO characters appear. Also I hope a brand new character is introduced, like Tenshi and Iku in SWR.
I expect too much :V

SuperPikachuTNT
10-13-2012, 05:15 AM
I think I saw my older brother playing this version I'm not so shure

Merga
10-13-2012, 05:51 PM
I think I saw my older brother playing this version I'm not so shure

... It's not out yet. You probably saw him play 12.3 or something.

Umbrony
10-22-2012, 11:26 AM
I didn't really care about Touhou before, but I might look into this game. It does look very interesting.

Tux
If you don't fall in love with Touhou after this
I will hang you by your two nipples from the ceiling

I CANNOT WAIT. I'm a bit sad certain characters may be removed from what I read, but hey! I still am super-excited!

Xerodragon12
10-26-2012, 05:01 AM
I was talking about this with a fellow Touhou fan I met on campus, and we agreed that it would be awesome for other characters (like Sakuya, Patchouli, Youmu, Reisen, etc.) to be added in as DLC. However, the fact that only some of the old characters are remaining just gives us the opportunity to try new characters or build off of our skills with the existing characters.

Merga
10-26-2012, 11:15 AM
I was talking about this with a fellow Touhou fan I met on campus, and we agreed that it would be awesome for other characters (like Sakuya, Patchouli, Youmu, Reisen, etc.) to be added in as DLC. However, the fact that only some of the old characters are remaining just gives us the opportunity to try new characters or build off of our skills with the existing characters.

Eh, there's probably going to be an add on patch later on in the building process of the game, like in Hiso and adding characters from SWR by linking the source of the SWR program onto the code of Hiso or something like that. That's just my guess though, I hope this happens.

Xerodragon12
11-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Anyways, just checked the website, and found this gameplay video:

http://youtu.be/JbFyYb6y9PU
It would appear that Tasofro is emphasizing more on the fact that these girls can fly, so it looks kind of like a DBZ game, as some of the comments suggests. However, I think this allows for more chances for graze, since you're not really bound that strongly to gravity. However, this is also probably a really broken game mechanic, unless there's a limit to how high you could fly for how long. Other than that, it seems to play like any other fighter game, Touhou, or otherwise.

Xerodragon12
12-30-2012, 02:03 AM
Bumping and double-posting because of new updates!

First off, new trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DUjUPzIfBk&list=LLuj7UkBXhXdR5MQd46zn5Eg

Second off, Ichirin is confirmed for this game, 1761

And third, the demo will be released later tonight at Comiket 83! WHOOOOOO!

Minntul
12-30-2012, 02:40 AM
I think that flight mechanic of fighting is going to be really frustrating unless there's some sort of way to home in with ease. I'm not that big of a fan of trying to fight in the air, because it results in you and your opponent trying to get towards each other in the most awkward way possible.

I think that the visuals of the game are really pretty. I really like the sprites and the detail of them all. The music is, as always, going to be really great. But that's not a surprise for a Touhou game. I'm keeping an eye on this game. I hope we have another tournament for this game like the 12.3 one we had months ago.

still no sign of keine though

Merga
12-30-2012, 03:02 AM
Well, I found one more thing on my to-do list when I get back from vacation.

I'm kind of scared of the flight mechanics of the final project. This is part of the reason why I suck at DBZ fighters, I am just awful at flying mechanics in 2D fighting games. The graphics do look stunning and the attacks look beautiful, but all I want in this game is for Patchouli Knowlwdge to be playable, that way I actually have a chance in being good at this game.

EpicCh33se
12-30-2012, 03:09 AM
Really excited for this. I hope this game will have a bunch of new characters, and the ability to link Hisou to this one for more characters. The new flight mechanic is interesting. It's something that can make or break the game. Also, NO SPELL CARDS. This leads me to think that the spell cards will be activated by a certain button combination, like in other fighting games. We'll just wait and see.

Xerodragon12
12-30-2012, 02:53 PM
I do have the download link to the demo. Should I put it here? Otherwise, you could just PM me.

Rustic-Ghost
12-30-2012, 05:45 PM
I think the most important thing to note here is ICHIRIN IS PLAYABLE
AWESOME UNZAN FISTS AND ALL THIS IS GREAT
and Marisa still has her but-bunp so that's great

Patriot
12-30-2012, 06:02 PM
DAT SKIRT PHYSICS ACTION

On a serious note, I might actually get off my arse, download that Touhou game, and end a long period of procastination.

GET STUFF DONE.

Shaymin
12-30-2012, 08:09 PM
I tried the demo version and the flying mechanic is not quite as awkward as people think it is. Basically you stay in the middle unless you press up or down, which makes for some good dodging. The only real complaint I have for it is that they removed the default A grazing, but then again, you have more variety in attacks.

Xerodragon12
12-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Here's what I found after 2 hours of playing:
Reimu-Speed
Marisa-Ranged (practically every button is a laser)
Ichirin-Melee (Dem Unzan's fists)

I think Ichirin is a horrible match for Reimu and Marisa. Reimu can easily out-maneuver Unzan's fist, and Marisa can easily prevent Ichirin from getting close to deal any damage

Merga
12-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Here's what I found after 2 hours of playing:
Reimu-Speed
Marisa-Ranged (practically every button is a laser)
Ichirin-Melee (Dem Unzan's fists)

I think Ichirin is a horrible match for Reimu and Marisa. Reimu can easily out-maneuver Unzan's fist, and Marisa can easily prevent Ichirin from getting close to deal any damage

You will have no idea how much Marisa I will be playing after that description. It kind of makes me feel better about difficulty since I love fighting from distances. Hopefully there will be more range once te game is finished, plus I want an excuse to use the Master Spark (<3 lasers), since I saw that on the demo.

EpicCh33se
12-30-2012, 09:48 PM
So... I just played the demo... and DAMMIT I CAN'T RUN THIS GAME SMOOTHLY ON MY CRAPTOP

Ah well, I've noticed that since the spell card selection is gone, it is replaced by desperation moves. You can only access desperation moves when your health is in the blue section. When you hold X+Y, you can enter EX Mode, as I like to call it. When in EX Mode, you have a variety of desperation moves you can do. There are two sets. The A+B set, and the X+Y set. Hold down a direction and hold either A+B, or X+Y, and you will do a desperation move depending on what direction you pressed. Of course, you can customize this in the "profile" section in the main menu.

Xerodragon12
12-31-2012, 02:32 AM
A+B moves can actually be used at any point in time (i.e can be used regardless of your health bar being in the blue). X+Y moves, however, can only be accessed when your health is blue. You also need to time it well, because if you miss, not only do you have to wait for cool down, you also have to wait until you're back in the blue.

Xerodragon12
04-13-2013, 05:33 AM
Double-posting and bumping once again for update:
First off, there's a new demo.
-There's a new playable stage: the Human Village
http://i.imgur.com/lQZkDy8.jpg
-NETPLAY added (WHOO!)
-Ichirin has new specials (I don't play Ichirin, so you'll have to find out for yourselves)
-Aesthetic changes to some of Marisa's moves
-Return of Marisa's butt bump
-Reimu;s Pacman physics still hax as ***
So as of this point I can assume that the background characters are not playable, so as of right now, NPCs include:
Sakuya, Remilia, Patchouli, Yukari, Ran, Chen, Yuugi, Suika, Kaguya, Tewi, Reisen, Eirin, Mokou, Keine, Sunny Milk, Star Sapphire, Luna Child, Nue, Murasa, Nazrin, Lyrica, Merlin, and Lunasa.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://shinkirou.koumakan.jp/files/th135_trial.zip

ValuableVictini
04-13-2013, 02:14 PM
The mechanics were a bit awkward to get used to, coming from Hisoutensoku, but the graphics look great. I will say that Marisa's attacks look beautiful, Reimu's melee attacks look great, but was a bit odd for me to get into. Ichirin was.... a bit under Reimu and Marisa in terms of skill level.

Scarlet Mist
05-02-2013, 12:55 AM
>China, Remi, and Keine as NPC's
liferuined

Who is even left to add?
eh
Utsuho, Koishi(?), Seiga/Yoshika, Shou, Sanae, Kanako/Suwako, And rand MoF + Characters?

Would be nice to see pc-98 things. but it probably won't happen e_e

Either way, the game will be the strongest. (As I type the strongest, Realize cirno could possibly be added as well)

And after who knows how long, I finnaly figured out how the cards work xdd. Curse you non-Hisouten card system.

Xerodragon12
05-02-2013, 05:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/zVBPHrg.jpg

Prepareth thine holy souls, the game has a release date.

Xerodragon12
05-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Bumping and Double posting because Download Link (https://mega.co.nz/#!cBFzSSQa!T4r7MFfTBP8-aO8xiNCnpAxcdApUrgOhLzd7GYAsRFg)

Patch: Link (http://www.mediafire.com/download/uovs0j4sv1j437x/th135_update_101.exe)

Rustic-Ghost
05-30-2013, 04:09 PM
On that note whenever I play the games story mode it crashes when I get to Kokoro.

I JUST WANNA UNLOCK MAMIZOU DARN IT.

Xerodragon12
05-31-2013, 06:54 PM
On that note whenever I play the games story mode it crashes when I get to Kokoro.

I JUST WANNA UNLOCK MAMIZOU DARN IT.

1.01 and 1.02 patch seem to fix that. Also, 1.02 patch makes it so that selecting Koishi in VS. mode doesn't crash the game
1.02 patch is on the Tasofro TH13.5 site

Merga
06-01-2013, 02:07 AM
So, I learned that Nitori is really fun. Haven't had really much time to try out everybody else. Wondering if someone will make a patch unlocking the other characters because I'm too lazy to unlock them the right way.