PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Rick Riordan Book Series?

pikachumaster
10-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Umm... What is your favorite Rick Riordan Book Series?

New Answer: I've read Books 1, 4 and 5 of Percy Jackson and all of the Kane Chronicles, and all of the Heroes of Olympus, so I'll say Heroes of Olympus "The Son of Neptune" and the "Mark of Athena".

Glace
10-13-2012, 01:20 AM
This is too hard. But I thought Riordan did ony one book in 39 Clues. Am I mistaken?

But it's probably Percy Jackson. Definetly Percy. But he will never equal Chuck Norris. EVAH.

pikachumaster
10-13-2012, 01:33 AM
He did The 39 Clues: Book 1 - The Maze of Bones. Maybe another one too. I'm still counting it though.

Glace
10-13-2012, 01:39 AM
He did The 39 Clues: Book 1 - The Maze of Bones. Maybe another one too. I'm still counting it though.

K! I was just wondering.

pikachumaster
10-13-2012, 01:44 AM
Well, okay then!

Giratina720
10-13-2012, 03:07 AM
i like the 39 clues book but here's the point, he did book 1 of the series and the 11th and last book of the clue hunt with 3 other authors so yeah.

pikachumaster
10-13-2012, 03:16 AM
Yeah, I know, Gira.

Gamersaiyan4
10-19-2012, 01:39 AM
I have a kindle without a valid credit card and I NEED Mark of Athena NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaymin
11-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Heros of Olympus. LOVED Mark of Athena.

Sean
12-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Percy Jackson all the way! :D

The 39 Clues aren't his, I really like his book, but not the others :C

Also, what is the other one?

Zekrom man
02-25-2013, 11:23 PM
Percy Jackson is my favorite.

Kyoits
03-08-2013, 03:45 AM
I really like the Percy Jackson series. The other ones don't really interest me as much as Percy Jackson. My favorite one is Lighting Thief mainly because the movie was pretty good and the book really seemed like the same except for some tiny stuff.

MuddyMudkip
03-12-2013, 12:06 PM
It's kindof a tie between Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Heroes of Olympus because, technically, they're both Percy Jackson series, and they're both filled wih a whole lot of action, adventure, and that added bit of romance.

[Whatever comes after may contain spoilers to those who have yet to read the series mentioned above]
They do have their differences, though. For one - the style in which Rick Riordan tells the story. In PJO, it's in Percy's POV, while in HoO, it switches between characters and is in third-person omniscient. I personally prefer the latter of the two styles for it allows me to get a better grasp of what's going on where, and what that certain character is thinking - it's not just limited to Percy's thoughts and perspective. Of course, it was written this way for good reason, as Percy wasn't even in the first book, and having that many main characters just tends to make the readers want to get a larger perspective of things - that's my opinion, at least, for at times you do just want to know what this certain character feels about a certain situation, and that really can't happen if it only focuses on Percy's viewpoint. I also think that HoO has a more interesting/intriguing (albeit rather confusing at first) plot - what with all that mixing/crossing-over business, plus it also allows for us to see two different sides of the gods and a kind of unity between enemy camps. Although, I have to say, Mark of Athena's ending was very, er, tragic, to say the least and I didn't really love that scene - but then again, he had to do it, right? Just keeping us on the edge of our seats til the next book...

However, I have yet to read the Kane Chronicles, so my opinion on this matter may change in the future. As for the 39 Clues, yes I have read it, but I can't exactly compare it with PJO and HoO since Rick only wrote the first book and the guide thing (my mind fails to recall the exact title of the book atm), but overall I do like the concept/storyline of that series.

~MM

SuperSceptile
04-05-2013, 11:53 PM
I hate Jason and piper. The only NEW characters I like in heroes of Olympus are Leo and Coach Hedge. He is absolutely hilarious. DIE KANE CHRONICLES DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy the 3rd was the last.
So all in all, Percy Jackson series. I love Percy and Grover. Oh yeah another complaint, Grover practically doesn't exist in Heroes of Olympus! I guess I also like frank. I like Leo because he can summon fire from his fingertips! But yeah, I loved the 2nd and 3rd HoO books because percy was in them. Yeah, we have a dam problem. I actually laughed at that part! Just a little dam humor. The lost hero was meh. I just don't like Jason or Piper. I tolerated it because of Leo and Coach.