PDA

View Full Version : Apple VS Android: Which do you prefer?

brecot
10-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Yay, another one of these threads. Check out my "Knights VS Ninja" thread in the General Discussion folder!

Apple VS Android:

Apple:
Devices:
iPad series: iPad, iPad 2, IPad 3
iPhone series: IPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5
I touch series: Gens 1-4
iPod series: Nano, shuffle, classic

Android:
Devices:
Tablets:All different sorts (too lazy to look again)
Phones:Razr, incredible, Razr MAXX, razor M

Tuxy
10-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Apple is a company
Android is an operating system

How would you compare these two?

brecot
10-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Apple is a company
Android is an operating system

How would you compare these two?

Because, they compete? Razr M and IPhone 5??

Tuxy
10-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Because, they compete? Razr M and IPhone 5??

Do you even have any idea what you are talking about? Android is NOT competing with Apple, and there is no way it could. Different companies using Android for their phones and/or tablets are competing with Apple.

Spacey
10-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Dont you mean IOS vs Android? :|

Blue
10-14-2012, 05:10 PM
iOS
-Small screen on iPhone.
-Dead simple OS.
-Lack of customization.
-Good app store.
-Closed
-Apple is a control freak.
-Overpriced for the specs you get.
-File system hidden.
-No SD card support.
-Apple keeps suing competitors for incredibly broad patents.

Android
-Bigger screens.
-More advanced and less simple to use.
-Very customizable.
-App store not as good.
-Open.
-Malware.
-File system accessible.
-SD cards on some phones.
-Android phone companies are getting sued by Apple for those broad patents.

My preference: Android.

Kamex
10-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Here come all the SS veterans...

R.I.P. bre. He was so young. :(

pikachumaster
10-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Android is more customizable.

Ironically, I use an iPhone.

Tuxy
10-14-2012, 05:19 PM
It seems people have decided on what this thread is about now. I prefer Android for basically everything Chris said + price.

Sammiiee13
10-14-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm going to be the odd one I suppose. I'm going with IOS. I have used it for a few years now and quite like it. I have tested out Android now though, through my friends that have android phones and it is quite nice. I could see possibly switching one day.

brecot
10-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Now im dead.

Shantae
10-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Dont you mean IOS vs Android? :|

That.

I'll pick IOS because I use the iPod touch and seen alot of HS people use IOS, for quite sometime. Unlike the Android. I just don't know anything about the Android (until this thread). So yeah.
Odd pick. :/

Giratina720
10-14-2012, 11:43 PM
i'm taking apple because we have iphone5

Kyoits
10-14-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm not a fan of this thread just by looking at the title. Tux is right there is no way for me to understand this and I don't think that either of them are good. I guess if I had to choose I'd go with Android just because the name sounds better and the technology is better. Whenever I hear Apple I just get bored and I don't even own any of Apples products.

ValuableVictini
10-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Apple, duh. They are red, green, and yellow, and taste nice! Apple. Some of their stuff is overpriced in my opinion, but you get you pay for. Entertainment, editing, work, you get it done.

Patriot
10-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Yay, another one of these threads. Check out my "Knights VS Ninja" thread in the General Discussion folder!

Apple VS Android:

Apple:
Devices:
iPad series: iPad, iPad 2, IPad 3
iPhone series: IPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5
I touch series: Gens 1-4
iPod series: Nano, shuffle, classic

Android:
Devices:
Tablets:All different sorts (too lazy to look again)
Phones:Razr, incredible, Razr MAXX, razor M

iOS is the operating system created by Apple, and Android is the operating system created by Google. Also, your list of Android devices is so incomplete, it's not even funny. Seriously, know what you're talking about before you post a topic on it.

On to the question. I prefer iOS ONLY with a jailbreak. Has the performance and just overall completeness of an Apple device, and also contains the capability of modding like an Android. It also depends on the device in question. Not all Android devices perform the same.

pikachumaster
10-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Patriot is right. The list is [B)really, really[/B] incomplete. There are hundreds of android devices out there. And iOS is the operating system, not Apple.

Cedeus
10-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Well apples are tasty so i would have to vote apple.

Shaymin
10-18-2012, 01:04 AM
iOS is the operating system created by Apple, and Android is the operating system created by Google.

Where have I heard of that? Oh wait, that's Apple vs. Samsung, not Apple vs. Android, sorry!

*Tries to recall events from a debate in class* Apple for me. I find it easier to use and Android looks WAY too confusing.

Davismt
10-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Honeslty, Androids tend to be slow and glitchy most of the times, while IOS runs smoothly, and has a wider range of apps to choose from.

The irony is that I'm posting this on an Android.

Spitfire
10-18-2012, 08:31 PM
iOS
-Small screen on iPhone.
-Dead simple OS.
-Lack of customization.
-Good app store.
-Closed
-Apple is a control freak.
-Overpriced for the specs you get.
-File system hidden.
-No SD card support.
-Apple keeps suing competitors for incredibly broad patents.

Android
-Bigger screens.
-More advanced and less simple to use.
-Very customizable.
-App store not as good.
-Open.
-Malware.
-File system accessible.
-SD cards on some phones.
-Android phone companies are getting sued by Apple for those broad patents.

My preference: Android.

iOS:
>Screen optimized size to be held in hand and has one of (if not the) highest ppi of any phone.
>Alive and well OS which gets updated every (sometimes every other) year with significant new features, as well as being optimized for the phone itself and strategically using resources unlike Android who just throws their resources everywhere.
>Jailbreaking allows that and more.
>****ing amazing app store.
>Nothing to say about it being closed.
>Google is a control freak as well, let us not forget that Google tries to encroach on almost every territory and has a practical monopoly on online advertisements.
>You're basing that completely on specs which the iPhone's are optimized to work best with the phone, let us not forget it comes with a dedicated GPU in the A6 chip and has a rather high clock speed which allows them to put it with the OS so that everything works pretty seamlessly.
>Of course it's closed.
>What's so important about not needing an SD card, plus it will make people want more space so it's a great business tactic.
>Patents which Apple owns and thus they have the legal rights to and if they were wrong in their lawsuits then they'd lose all of the lawsuits.

Bricktoad
10-18-2012, 11:17 PM
And look at me, without a cell phone D:

Blue
10-19-2012, 02:46 AM
iOS:
>Screen optimized size to be held in hand and has one of (if not the) highest ppi of any phone.
>Alive and well OS which gets updated every (sometimes every other) year with significant new features, as well as being optimized for the phone itself and strategically using resources unlike Android who just throws their resources everywhere.
>Jailbreaking allows that and more.
>****ing amazing app store.
>Nothing to say about it being closed.
>Google is a control freak as well, let us not forget that Google tries to encroach on almost every territory and has a practical monopoly on online advertisements.
>You're basing that completely on specs which the iPhone's are optimized to work best with the phone, let us not forget it comes with a dedicated GPU in the A6 chip and has a rather high clock speed which allows them to put it with the OS so that everything works pretty seamlessly.
>Of course it's closed.
>What's so important about not needing an SD card, plus it will make people want more space so it's a great business tactic.
>Patents which Apple owns and thus they have the legal rights to and if they were wrong in their lawsuits then they'd lose all of the lawsuits.

1: The HTC Butterfly has the highest PPI of 441. Apple is in the 320s.
2. It takes forever for jailbreaks to be made.
3. Apple has a very strict approval process, and that delays apps from being launched. Some apps took months while some took days.
4. When I'm talking about Apple being a control freak, I'm talking about their operating system, and not their ads.
5. Fine, the A6 is good. And no matter how good the benchmarks are, if the day to day performance is bad, the phone's slow.
6. SD cards are important. I rather pay $30 for more storage then $100 2nd of all you can transfer content easily without iTunes.
7. Apple didn't invent many of the things they patented. (Lockscreen.) and now they are suing people for it. Patent laws are 'first to patent" and not "first to invent."
8. Apple removed features that are perfectly compatible with their older iOS devices. The iPhone 4 can't facetime over 3G, even though when you enable it via jailbreaking, it works fine.
9. I don't really see people using phones with one hand. I rather have a larger screen.
Even Steve Wasniak thinks so. - http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/10/10/steve-wozniak-wishes-apple-was-less-arrogant-and-had-released-two-sizes-for-the-iphone-5/

Please note, I'm not against Apple, I own iOS devices, I'm just pointing this out.

TheTrainerExpert
12-29-2012, 05:53 AM
Gotta go with android, I don't really like Apple.

Leafeon
12-29-2012, 05:59 AM
I'm just going to cut to the chase instead of giving a lecture. I like Android better than Apple, there see simple guys.

LovelyOshawott
12-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Android. That is all.

The Arrow
12-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Android. Bigger screens are better than smaller screens. I can see where people would like using an iPhone, though.

Umbrony
12-31-2012, 12:31 AM
Here come all the SS veterans...

R.I.P. bre. He was so young. :(

Marry me GG

Android is way cheaper so android or gtfo in my opinion.

Christian
12-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Here's the thing, I HATE Apple products but I have never really gotten to try Android due to me actually liking the Iphone 4s.

I suppose I have to say Apple..

UbersSuck20
01-03-2013, 08:33 PM
I prefer Android because it's easier to use.

Antinny
01-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Apple. Totally. It's so much easier to use then android (I have an android phone and an iPod Touch) Apple is jsut so much better around. I've had my iPod touch for I think about 2 years, and never had to replace it or anything. I've had my phone for a year, and I've already had to replace it twice. The OS isn't as good and twice as confusing on the Android system, and on Apple, it's just soooooo much easier to maneuver around and find what you're looking for.

That's just my opinion. :)

Ayra
01-03-2013, 10:27 PM
android is better
better interface, OS, apps,etc.