PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Hunger Games Book?

pikachumaster
10-20-2012, 05:03 AM
Title explains all.

Mine is the first one because it's so action packed and emotional at some parts, and there's a twist at the end. Love it!

LovelyOshawott
10-20-2012, 05:33 AM
I liked the first one the best because it starts the story and without it the others wouldn't make sense.:o

xBlackthornWolfx
10-20-2012, 11:36 AM
I've read all three, but for some reason the first one just stuck out in my eyes. Catching Fire would be a close second, but some of my favorite moments in the series are from the first. I'll have to go back and reread Catching Fire and Mockingjay like I did with the first, just to be sure, but yeah there was just something about the beginning of the story that gripped me

Shaymin
10-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Definitely the first one. Though I didn't cry, it sure was sad.

Sammiiee13
10-20-2012, 01:51 PM
I really enjoyed all of them, so its kinda hard to pick. I'm torn between books one and two but I think I'll go with book one. Has lots of great moments in it and is overall a great book. Plus it is the starting of the series so without it, the other ones wouldn't make much sense. However, I do enjoy the way the arena of the games is set up in book two.

Umbrony
10-20-2012, 06:39 PM
I like the first one, because it introduced me to the story. Catching Fire was one we had to read for a report in class a few months ago though, so I really liked it too.

Kyoits
10-20-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm currently reading Catching Fire so I can't really decide. But from what I've read I like the first one the best.

Totodile
10-28-2012, 03:50 AM
So far I only read the first book. It is a well written book, it is one of the best books I have read for a while. I haven't read the others yet because I am not much of a reader. However the first book definetly was a great book.

megagamer
11-11-2012, 02:34 AM
Catching Fire. Loved it. The third book was sad.

Ayra
11-11-2012, 02:43 AM
I loved the third one because of thedeath at the ending

Merga
11-11-2012, 02:43 AM
Book 1, because that's the only one I've read. Gonna read the second one next November when the movie comes out.

Clairvoya
11-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Second book is my fav. I didn't like the third one much, but I really liked when President Coin died.

Giratina720
11-11-2012, 05:22 AM
Well, i don't know, i don't have the books, but i'll just say the first one.

Davismt
11-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Catching Fire was the best in my opinion. The first book was interesting and action-packed, but Catching Fire had a better story, better Hunger Games, and it introduced Finnick Odair, the best character ever. Mockingjay was also a really good book, but I cried so hard when Finnick died.

Swag
11-14-2012, 03:47 AM
I guess I'd be the minority when I say I like the series more the further it goes along. I feel like Katniss is really emotionally immature in the first book, and that kind of bothered me about her Of course, the increasing love plot really bothered me because it was not necessary and it felt like it was just 12 year old girl bait.

Really I think Peeta should have just died, I was sick of him he's such a burden, he was literally only a hindrance to everything and everyone. I was sick of him and really if we're getting into the love triangle, Katniss belonged with gale and the whole Peeta thing was such sappy nonsense.

I really like how the story got more political in the later books, in terms of action I feel Hunger Games was the most thrilling but those politics are what really got me sold on the Hunger Games series. I think aside from anything involving politics Katniss and a wonderful main character, she was someone who was fairly believable and most of her decisions made sense considering who she was.

super dill
11-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Book one because it had lots of action and it was the reason i got interested in the Hunger Games series!

Wolfy
11-14-2012, 12:47 PM
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Liamthewolf/reactions/tumblr_mctv8w2jwe1qkbxan.jpg

Catching Fire.

It was just ƒabulous. It had action and definitely kept me interested the entire book. And I absolutely can not wait for the movie to come out.

shadowdude
11-14-2012, 01:06 PM
I enjoyed all of the hunger games books but the 1st one was my favorite by far.

TheTrainerExpert
11-17-2012, 01:26 AM
I really only read the 1st one sadly :(. So I'm going with that one.

Blue
11-17-2012, 06:42 AM
Book one because it's the only one I read, since I'm not the biggest fan of reading books...