PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Gangnam Style

Jalen Cubs
10-22-2012, 02:56 AM
I think it is the most funniest and amazing thing that has happen on Youtube or anywhere for a while.

Red
10-22-2012, 04:19 AM
Movin' this to Media discussion. Pretty sure it's better off there than here.

I think the video is hilarious, at least the elevator part. I can always see me and a friend of mine doing that same thing in some random hotel/buildingwithelevator.

Umbrony
10-22-2012, 04:34 AM
I like the kid in the beginning that was dancing in what looked like a spurt of hose water while Psy was singing.
=P

Dragonite
10-22-2012, 10:40 AM
It was fine before it got tuned into the NEW ANNOYING CATCHPHRASE at my school. Now I can't walk down a hall before hearing someone say "GAAANDAM STAYLE!!!" in a funny voice, so it's just as annoying as Friday. :/

Merga
10-22-2012, 11:12 AM
I like Gangnam Style and I don't at the same time. I like it because the song is catchy, the dance is memorable, and c'mon, you have a guy yelling at rear ends for 3 seconds. How is that not cool?

I do think however that now that Gangnam Style has completely shattered the mainstream, idiots will get a hold of it and pretty much abuse it to the point where it's not as cool anymore. Plus about 90% of my school can't even do the dance right, so it's already starting.

Ice
10-22-2012, 11:18 AM
I like it, and thankfully I haven't really had to deal with people at school being idiots about it.

I think the video is hilarious, at least the elevator part.
Oh wow, I'm so used to hearing some sound of disgust from my friend whenever that part is brought up that I forgot people besides me actually found that part funny.

DeMrTeunio
10-22-2012, 11:47 AM
I love Gangnam Style. The song is catchy, the music video is funny and made with love (there is actually a Making Of video on YouTube where you can see they really had a lot of fun making it) and the trademark dance is hilarious and very creative at the same time. For some reason, Gangnam Style makes people happy.

Tuxy
10-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Was great at first, but I have gotten over it by now. It isn't the sort of music that is memorable after years. Ironically, I started not liking it as much the exact day it hit the top position in Austrian Single Charts. Music video is still hilarious though.

Patriot
10-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Gangnam Style is a pretty catchy and awesome song, but to be honest, I'm just tired of it now. Mainly because the people at my school have just overplayed it to oblivion, it isn't even funny anymore. To be honest, it's just old news to me.

newsupermariobros
10-22-2012, 08:36 PM
There's so many parodies.Like porkchop construction style and minecraft style.It's good though.

Cutiepuffle
10-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Meh. Didn't like it that much but a little.

Bricktoad
10-22-2012, 09:11 PM
I dont have a response to your question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTCRwi71_ns click here for a laugh [mitt romney style] warning:
mildly inappropriate

ShadowMr.L
10-22-2012, 09:20 PM
I only needed to see it once to think it was amazing. I say it's pretty awesome, except the fact people who've never heard of K-Pop would get into it.

Gyaradomo
10-22-2012, 10:09 PM
omg this
i hate america
im korean and i love the video
but wtf america
whenever i turn my head i see someone doing the dance and it sucks
then boom the next person tells me to sing it cause im korean
then wtf boom the next person tells me to translate the whole thing
then badabing badaboom i want to kill someone
then i hear the music everywhere
everywhere, man
everywhere
i hate you america
i really do

TL;DR america sucks
p.s. america sucks

Kyoits
10-23-2012, 12:25 AM
I only like 2 things about this song and that's the dance because I'm always doing it and someone else notices it. The other thing is the guy in the elevator. Me and my friend actually tried it out and we scared a few people. It was hilarious when a young kid was doing it with us once (my cousin was the little kid).

Shaymin
10-23-2012, 01:25 AM
I still love Gangnam Style, even though it's been out for what, 2 months? The reason for that is news doesn't travel that fast for me (for me to hear something really popular, like Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together" would take about 1-2 weeks. The rest would take from 2-6 months unless I watch MyMusic News), therefore, I have never seen a parody ever. Though I will admit that it is getting a little overdone (and mainstream), I really don't mind people singing/dancing to it. The only real complaint I have is that people in America will never realize K-Pop, J-Pop, and much less anime for what it really is.

Giratina720
10-23-2012, 01:48 AM
By Tween Tribune, SHUT UP! Fourteen lifeguards fired last month after appearing in uniform at the city pool in a parody of "Gangnam Style," the Korean pop music video that has been viewed hundreds of millions of time online, are getting their jobs back.
The City Council in the Southern California town of El Monte voted to rehire them pending a management review.
The lifeguards' parody of the video by Korean pop star PSY showed them in city-issued swimsuits dancing underwater and on diving boards at the pool. The "Gangnam Style" video has spawned countless such spoofs.
City officials had said the workers violated employee conduct standards and prohibitions on use of city property. The lifeguards countered, saying they were off the clock when they made the video.
The controversy quickly gained attention, as the lifeguards received support from many local residents — and even from PSY.
Mayor Andre Quintero recommended they be rehired.

Yeah.

BreeZaps
10-23-2012, 01:52 AM
In gym people were dancing to the Gangnam Style song trying to copy the moves. They sucked badly.
And I think the Minecraft Style is better

24kShinx
10-26-2012, 04:44 PM
I found out about it from my friends.
It is a song that grew on me with its catchy tune and dancing and it didn't take long for it to become a hot topic at my school. Thankfully it seems to have died down on my friends. They still talk about it but not as much

To this present day it is up to about 500 million views

Rocket
10-26-2012, 08:47 PM
It is a great song.

Shaymin
10-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Also mentioning it's the only song I will ever dance to in public.

Prospering
10-27-2012, 12:20 AM
I like Gangnam style, it doesn't talk about drugs ( unlike most songs nowadays ) and it is really catchy!

Shantae
10-30-2012, 12:50 AM
I don't know why this video is still funny and catchy. imo. There are some parody videos that involves to this music. Odd but interesting.

Chihaya
10-31-2012, 01:15 AM
Hm, well, it's a catchy tune and I can easily begin dancing to it with friends, yet at the same time I'm tired of seeing it everywhere. It's on radio stations, which I don't mind too much, but I get frustrated with people singing it when I walk down the hallway or trying to sing it and the lyrics are incorrect repeatedly. I understand that this is the first time that Korean music hit America and is huge, but, some people are derailing the song and the genre itself at this point.

I mean, there are other Korean pop artists that are good, not just PSY... ;; w ;; //

Luna
11-01-2012, 02:55 PM
I liked it, but then everyone started using it all the time, even when its completely irrelevant.

grr this song sucks so bad nowadays

Roxas
11-01-2012, 07:30 PM
It's a catchy song. It even made it to the final slot of a big dance called "Freaky Friday". I was too afraid to even dance like that, but maybe in secret?

LovelyOshawott
11-04-2012, 09:23 PM
My mom learned about it today. I learned about it a while ago.

CaptainRed1000
11-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Honestly, I think its a great song. Quoting a guy from X Factors, "Psy is pretty much the most famous man in the world right now."
That one song made him that famous? It is unbelievably cool.

Ayra
11-04-2012, 11:37 PM
it is actually a good song. what i wish would happen is that people would go hear psy's other music as well as Gangam Style

Davismt
11-05-2012, 03:12 AM
Gangnam Style is an awesome and catchy song. The music video is hilarious, and I just like everything about the song in general. It has that cool dance that my friends and I do whenever we hear it come on. It does get a bit annoying with people saying "GANGNAM STYLE!!" all the time now, though.

sonriopoby123
11-05-2012, 04:32 AM
Wait, I didn't post here? Oh well.

This thing I didn't even know existed until like 2 months after. Then I almost choked at the video, which was hilarious, and the dance is fun to do.

But sadly I look confused and dumb when doing the dance anyway. :(

Qwerty
11-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Oppa Gangnam Style
Dum dadum dum dum dum dadum dum dum dadum dum dum dadum dum
OP Gangnam Style.

Austin
11-05-2012, 01:54 PM
If you type "Oppa Gangnam Style" in the right chatroom, it's like Red Robin, you see everybody posting "Ehhhhhh Sexy Lady!"

X!!
11-05-2012, 02:44 PM
I liked Gangnam Style. I'm actually happy that a song from my country became this popular. Ironically, even though I'm Korean, I've never heard of Gangnam Style until my Filipino classmate told me about it (I really don't pay attention to music updates and whatnot). My classmate was like, "YOU'RE KOREAN AND YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF GANGNAM STYLE?! WHAT THE ****?!" xD. So I watched it and found it funny. However, it started to become boring and I don't really laugh as much as I used to when watching the music video. And what everyone else said, IT'S SO ANNOYING THAT PEOPLE ARE BEING COMPLETE IDIOTIC MORONS ABOUT GANGNAM STYLE!!!

Also, I think it would be funny if someone did the Gangnam Style dance in Party Rock. XD

brecot
11-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Actually, it's rather weird.

Minntul
11-08-2012, 05:11 PM
I like the song. But seriously, 672,000,000 million views?

The internet's weird.

Blue
11-17-2012, 06:43 AM
Just another viral song everyone knows about.

Totodile
11-19-2012, 12:35 AM
The first time I saw the video I thought he was saying something that is inappropriate.

Shaymin
11-19-2012, 01:56 AM
Actually, it's rather weird.

Weird? It's kinda an Asian norm. Have you SEEN PONPONPON? Now THAT'S weird.

Glace
11-20-2012, 08:19 PM
I like it, because I'm Korean and so is Psy. I'm also Filipino.

Tainers14
11-20-2012, 10:19 PM
I like doing the dance in super awkward high risk/high reward locations. (for example the highway or on top of a fence)

It's alright, but I'm not a big fan of k-pop. Except for bubble pop.

BreeZaps
12-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Want to know something else about this song? At school people yell it out loud and off key :/ Its sounds like dieing cats

TheTrainerExpert
12-03-2012, 02:58 AM
I really loved Gangnam Style, really found it awesome and love listening to it. Plus the dance is cool.

Tainers14
12-03-2012, 08:24 AM
according to a secret source, Psy is getting sick and tired of gangnam style, thought I would share this with you.

UbersSuck20
12-03-2012, 06:55 PM
I hate this song.

The Arrow
12-08-2012, 04:03 AM
We did Gangnam Style at our Senior Band Show. The music video is really hilarious! However, I'm kind of tired of it now.

Zekrom man
02-27-2013, 09:27 PM
I................hate............................g angnam style!!!!!!!!!!!!!

herothezero
02-27-2013, 11:37 PM
I like it, it is very catchy.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
02-27-2013, 11:52 PM
After listening to it a couple of times on my iPod, I have found that I like it.

Clairvoya
02-27-2013, 11:55 PM
It's very catchy and I like it. I used to hate it, because everybody was screaming it at school, but now it seems to die down....and now it's not as annoying.

Gamersaiyan4
06-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Well first North Korea is making fun of America when nobody realizes it or just don't care.

ShadowJolteon
07-01-2013, 02:23 AM
I don't like the song and I don't think it is funny.

Hakuiin
07-01-2013, 04:53 AM
I like the song and think it is funny, but I hate it when I'm trying to eat at a restaurant and some random person starts singing it -.-

Samh6509
07-01-2013, 06:08 PM
I used to like the song, but now It's gotten old, and the song doesn't appeal to me anymore, neither does the video.

YankeePackerFan
07-02-2013, 01:57 AM
I thought it was kinda cool at first, then I hated it after a while, after realizing the translated lyrics are AWFUL.

Kitty
07-13-2013, 11:18 PM
The stupidest thing since since Penge joined the forums. C;

pikachumaster
07-13-2013, 11:45 PM
The lyrics are terrible (It's like they were written by a five year old, with the exception of the word "sexy").

But it is catchy.

GroundX3RO
07-19-2013, 05:26 AM
It's like a lot of songs nowadays. It's really good and super funny for this first few weeks until they play it on the radio for every five minutes and everybody eventually hates it.

marissachu
07-19-2013, 07:30 AM
It's been overplayed, but still jammin'. Also it's worth it entirely for the music video/dance.

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/international/EjzIJ.gif

Minntul
07-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Well first North Korea is making fun of America when nobody realizes it or just don't care.

>north korea

maximum kek

Will
07-19-2013, 05:49 PM
I don't like the song and I don't think it is funny.

This pretty much sums up my feelings on the whole craze.

Sean
07-19-2013, 09:56 PM
It was funny, but now it's just getting old.

Dragonite
05-31-2014, 07:37 PM
So this happened today:

http://i.imgur.com/BgP2O1I.png

Kyoits
05-31-2014, 07:40 PM
Just saw your tweet about this Drago and I was surprised. I thought that people completely forgot about this song, but apparently not.

Aaron
05-31-2014, 07:43 PM
The fact that Gangnam Style is the most viewed video on YouTube is depressing. Although honestly, I'd rather it be this then something ****ty like Pewdiepie.

Kitty
06-13-2014, 01:35 PM
This song was popular all over the world for a very long time. Honestly, after Psy kept trying to make more popular songs, this one slowly disappeared. Of course, it was really good, but it had it's shot and was left in the dust.

SuperSceptile
06-13-2014, 05:55 PM
I honestly despise this song with a living passion. Here's why:
1. I don't think it's funny.
2. It was EVERYWHERE in my school.
3. I don't like how inappropriate it is.