PDA

View Full Version : Angel Beats!

ShaymieTehShaymin
10-23-2012, 01:27 AM
Has anybody here watched this anime? It's a beautiful anime, and I am not ashamed to say that I shed a few tears because of it. Episode 10 was just... Ugh. Pure beauty to me...

Shaymin
10-23-2012, 01:31 AM
Ooh yay, Majorasfan would go on forever about this. Someone alert him. XD

I will admit that during the earlier episodes, I cried a bit, but after a while, I stopped crying. I guess a certain other anime really did drain me of all my tears. Almost all.

ShaymieTehShaymin
10-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Lol.

I cried the most at episode 10 because I support HinataxYui... Maybe someday I'll stop crying when I watch that episode... It's my favorite episode of the series.

Tainers14
10-23-2012, 10:22 PM
I watched Angel Beats back in the summer time. The thing that boggles me most about the anime is actually the title. For those of you who watched it all the way through... think about it, and proceed to say "well played, KEY"

Merga
10-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Angel Beats! is probably one of the best anime that I have ever seen. However, I feel bad that I did not cry in the really touching moments. That's probably a sign that I need to go watch Clannad and bawl my heart out. But other than that, this is a masterpiece. I'd recommend it to anyone.

xBlackthornWolfx
10-23-2012, 11:23 PM
That's probably a sign that I need to go watch Clannad and bawl my heart out.

YES. DO IT.

I love KEY, so of course I watched Angel Beats. Mostly, again, at the urging of Spitty over a year ago. After having seeing Clannad, this anime didn't get to me as much as some people. I did cry a little in the last episode, and maybe 10, but that was it. I didn't sob buckets like I did in Clannad ;m;

Majorasfan
10-25-2012, 02:08 AM
^ I totally agree. Clannad is to this day the saddest anime, or even story, I have ever seen. Clannad After Story to be precise.

Anywho, Angel Beats! is really amazing. True to Key works, It has an amazing mix of early comedy, plot development, and sadness, along with a great plotline. I only wish it was a tad longer.. but I hear there's an Angel Beats Visual Novel in the works, so maybe some characters will get a more fleshed out ending.
It's really great, I agree, and I highly recommend it. Not to mention Yuri and Tenshi are both amazing. I love both of them, but Yuri is a Tsundere.. but Tenshi is too cute for that to even matter. xD

sonriopoby123
10-25-2012, 02:11 AM
Sadly, I haven't watched this yet. But like some other people have said, Clannad is sad. Let's see if this appeals to me.

Merga
10-25-2012, 02:47 AM
but I hear there's an Angel Beats Visual Novel in the works

An Angel Beats VN? I demand a TK history when I get to it.

xBlackthornWolfx
10-25-2012, 06:09 PM
A history of TK in the visual novel would be awesome XD

ShadowMr.L
10-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Angel Beats is one of the best anime I have ever seen. I will always recommend it to anybody looking for an anime to watch. Everything about it is perfect.

ShaymieTehShaymin
10-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Oh, gosh guys... If we knew TK's history, the world could possibly explode... But seriously though, he's the character I'm most interested about...

Shaymin
10-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Oh, gosh guys... If we knew TK's history, the world could possibly explode... But seriously though, he's the character I'm most interested about...

Because he only speaks Engrish?

I dunno.

Majorasfan
10-28-2012, 04:17 AM
^ I seriously wished they could have delved into certain characters, like TK, a little more. I haven't read the prequel Light Novel series yet, so there might be some answers there.. maybe in the upcoming VN too. But I agree, he's really interesting. xD

Merga
10-28-2012, 04:20 AM
Because he only speaks Engrish?

I dunno.

http://puu.sh/1jyVe

>Does not know English fluently
>Does speak some Japanese

Try again. I still need a reason not to give him one because TK was pretty much designed to be the best freaking character in that anime.

♏Ա§♪ℂ~
11-22-2012, 07:54 PM
I have watched it. It was great. It didn't make me cry like Clannad did. I don't know why Nagisa had to die....

sonriopoby123
02-07-2013, 03:54 AM
It's interesting. I can tell you that. I just need to watch the rest of the anime. For now, I like it.

Growth
02-07-2013, 12:26 PM
I have watched it. It was great. It didn't make me cry like Clannad did. I don't know why Nagisa had to die....

Woah woah woah, that's quite a major spoiler right there.

Angel Beats! is a very good anime if you ask me. I like all of the characters, but my favourites are probably Yurippe and Kanade. And protag. I can't remember his name.
The best scene in this entire anime is the exam scene.
Also. GLORIOUS ACTION AND ROMANCE ASPECTS.

Just wait for the Angel Beats! VN that's currently in the works, and we'll most likely get to know more of TK and the others.

X!!
05-06-2013, 04:41 AM
I watched Angel Beats! a few months ago. It was really funny, until it got sad. It wasn't really that sad in my opinion. I really loved how no one can die in the life after death, so they can just keep getting hurt from extremely deadly things and not die at all. I also love TK and Shiina's personalities. They're so mysterious. The music is also great. And yeah, that's all I have to say.

TM48
05-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Yes!I have watched the whole series five times! In both English Sub (Japanese but with English subtitles)and English Dub (actual English)!

Davismt
05-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Angel Beats! was a superb anime. I didn't cry during the anime, but I did start to tear up during a few scenes. I would recommend it to anyone who is in need of anime to watch. It's got comedy, action, and sad moments.

Patriot
07-21-2013, 03:06 AM
Watched it, loved it, though not without a few qualms.

1. It was RUSHED. It really needed to be a 2 cour instead of 1. So many character backstories were left unexplained. (For example, why was Noda so possessive of Yurippe? Especially the scene on the bridge, does he love her or something? We don't know.) Many plot holes are left unexplained.

2. Yurippe was shafted to the side at the end. She was a main ******* character but in the end she disappeared just like Hinata and that guy who worshipped Otonashi. To be honest, I was kinda expecting her to be paired up with Otonashi, but apparently not. In the end, not much changed. Another case of best girl not winning.

3. Otonashi and Kanade's romance felt forced and rushed. It's like BOOM, I love you, but there was barely any actual development besides them getting more friendlier with each other. Then it's also like BOOM, I have your heart and I'll disappear if you say that again. Introducing a plot twist out of nowhere and at the final episode? Felt too melodramatic and forced. More development was needed towards their actual romance and not just them getting friendlier with each other.

Overall, I loved it. It was just missing a few things to make it perfect. If it had 24 episodes instead of 13, it might have been the perfect anime. But for what it is, it's still a great series.

Will
07-21-2013, 08:39 PM
^ I totally agree. Clannad is to this day the saddest anime, or even story, I have ever seen. Clannad After Story to be precise.

Anywho, Angel Beats! is really amazing. True to Key works, It has an amazing mix of early comedy, plot development, and sadness, along with a great plotline. I only wish it was a tad longer.. but I hear there's an Angel Beats Visual Novel in the works, so maybe some characters will get a more fleshed out ending.
It's really great, I agree, and I highly recommend it. Not to mention Yuri and Tenshi are both amazing. I love both of them, but Yuri is a Tsundere.. but Tenshi is too cute for that to even matter. xD

Just face it. You're not getting an extended Yuri scene.

Shaymin
07-22-2013, 12:12 AM
3. Otonashi and Kanade's romance felt forced and rushed. It's like BOOM, I love you, but there was barely any actual development besides them getting more friendlier with each other. Then it's also like BOOM, I have your heart and I'll disappear if you say that again. Introducing a plot twist out of nowhere and at the final episode? Felt too melodramatic and forced. More development was needed towards their actual romance and not just them getting friendlier with each other.

Hmm, but they did hint the relationship at a few points. *gestures towards the "taking hands" zoom in* XD Maybe I'm just a sucker for signs of love.

Robin
04-24-2014, 10:30 PM
What is the plot? I want to hear it from a fan's perspective.

Merga
04-24-2014, 10:50 PM
What is the plot? I want to hear it from a fan's perspective.

Guy goes into a high school in purgatory. Becomes friends with every other "real" person in said high school (everybody else in the high school are just "filler" people, kind of a weird concept). The goal of the high school is to make sure that everybody moves onto heaven. The only way to get to heaven is if unfinished business has been completed (ex. a girl wanted to become a big-time musician, so she forms a band and eventually gets into heaven). Characters are VERY in depth.

Pretty much the plot of the entire series imo, someone else can probably explain it better.

Patriot
04-25-2014, 01:01 AM
Characters are VERY in depth.

That only applies to the main characters. Besides that, the side characters don't get the amount of development they need.

sonriopoby123
04-25-2014, 01:04 AM
This is why VNs are coming out.

Yui still best girl