PDA

View Full Version : Anime Movie Night

narutomoon
10-23-2012, 03:01 AM
Anime Movie Night

So, at request, I am bringing anime movie night to this forum. I did this on another forum around a year ago, where every week on Friday (possibly Saturday or Sunday) we would stream an anime movie. the movie would be picked each week by the members of the community.

NOTE: NO POKEMON MOVIES WILL BE PLAYED!

Also, Movies from a series like Naruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball, Bleach, etc. will most likely not be shown but there is a small chance they will be considered if you give me a good reason or argument.

Anime Movie Night is Fridays at 8pm EST. (although i reserve the right to move the date and/or time of the movie, and sometimes out right cancel it)

Whenever i put a new poll up, which usually happens Tuesday or Wednesday, I will put the options below and then PM ME YOUR VOTE.

POLL:
1:
2:
3:
4:

AMN #1: From Up on Poppy Hill

~STREAM LINK HERE!~ (http://www.justin.tv/narutomoon)

Uzi
10-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Going to be a man and Evangelion 1.11.

I might not be able to make it though, I have a Football Game to perform at.

Kyoits
10-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Why slight chance of DBZ movies? Hater.

Merga
10-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Why slight chance of DBZ movies? Hater.

I'm guessing that movies that are based on series (especially one as mainstream as DBZ) are not going to be shown. The whole point of these is to widen your horizons on anime movies, and such. It completely ruins the point of this if everyone has seen the movie.

xBlackthornWolfx
10-24-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm guessing that movies that are based on series (especially one as mainstream as DBZ) are not going to be shown. The whole point of these is to widen your horizons on anime movies, and such. It completely ruins the point of this if everyone has seen the movie.

That would be correct. On our old forum we did this on, we VERY rarely showed any movie that had to do with a series. Only if it was requested and a lot of people wished to see it, with a lot of convincing

Kyoits
10-24-2012, 12:42 AM
It's not like I really like the movies that much It's just that I like the series. BTW I don't think anyone would even want Pokemon movies.

Ice
10-24-2012, 12:57 AM
It's not like I really like the movies that much It's just that I like the series. BTW I don't think anyone would even want Pokemon movies.
Are you kidding me? We're on the SS forums. The only anime half of these people watch is Pokémon!

narutomoon
10-24-2012, 12:59 AM

Well considering this is a pokemon forum, and the majority of the people are around the age of 12... i think its fair to assume that pokemon movies would be frequently requested, only to be shot down everytime. SO, the note was put up. Also, feel free to post suggestions for the first AMN.

Edit: looks like Ice beat me to the chase while I was typing this, but still people, suggestions please.

Kyoits
10-24-2012, 01:13 AM
Are you kidding me? We're on the SS forums. The only anime half of these people watch is Pokémon!

But It's not worthy of being streamed. I could understand that some people might really want those movies but the idea like NM said is to stretch your anime minds and everybody knows about pokemon.

sonriopoby123
10-24-2012, 01:38 AM
NOTE: NO POKEMON MOVIES WILL BE PLAYED!

DAMN IT. x3

loljk, but didn't Star Blazers have a movie?

/oldie

Shaymin
10-24-2012, 01:43 AM
I like this idea. It gives the people who I affectionately call "plebeians" (for a reason. Watch Zero no Tsukaima in English subs to see what I mean) a chance to see that there is more to anime than just Pokemon, Dragonball etc. Plus, when I first read just the title, I thought "everyone gets together like a family". Let's see how it goes.

Minntul
10-24-2012, 01:48 AM
Akira because I've been meaning to watch that for a long *** time but never really got around to it.

Then again, you all have probably watched it.

narutomoon
10-24-2012, 01:50 AM
I like this idea. It gives the people who I affectionately call "plebeians" (for a reason. Watch Zero no Tsukaima in English subs to see what I mean) a chance to see that there is more to anime than just Pokemon, Dragonball etc. Plus, when I first read just the title, I thought "everyone gets together like a family". Let's see how it goes.

When we did this before, everyone just acted like a family while we watched the movie. Its as close you can get to sitting in a room and watching a movie with your friends, when your friends are spread about. Although that might have been because we were a small community and kind of friends. There always was an unspoken rule that you leave the drama and stuff when you watch the movie, then you are free to continue it somewhere else after the movie.

Umbrony
10-24-2012, 02:00 AM
Spirited Away?
NO, PONYO!

A Fate Stay Night move.

Shaymin
10-24-2012, 02:01 AM
Spirited Away?
NO, PONYO!

A Fate Stay Night move.

Haha, all movies that I wanna watch.

Spitfire
10-24-2012, 02:03 AM
Spirited Away?
NO, PONYO!

A Fate Stay Night move.

http://i.imgur.com/333ey.gif

sonriopoby123
10-24-2012, 02:05 AM
PONYO PONYO PONYO
/caps

I'm being serious here. :P

Spitfire
10-24-2012, 02:09 AM
I say we rewatch all the Kara no Kyoukais (at different intervals of course).

Umbrony
10-24-2012, 02:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/333ey.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltjkn0MHRt1qc4bka.gif

You've never watched any of the above? Or liked them at least? I know you've seen Spirited Away.

Uzi
10-24-2012, 07:50 AM
He's saying that the Fate/Stay Night movies sucked ***, which is 100% true.

Kyoits
10-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Actually that is 95% true because the guy that Shirō was fighting was actually pretty bad ***.

Patriot
10-24-2012, 09:35 PM
He's saying that the Fate/Stay Night movies sucked ***, which is 100% true.

And that its main protagonist is dumber than a crate of watermelons.

Uzi
10-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Actually that is 95% true because the guy that Shirō was fighting was actually pretty bad ***.

I said sucked ***, not badass.

narutomoon
10-28-2012, 05:41 PM
To anyone looking at this thread, you only have until about 7pm est tomorrow to suggest an anime for the first SS AMN

narutomoon
11-08-2012, 12:47 AM
OK, a little update on the anime movie night that everyone has forgotten about. i was planning on having the first one this friday, but then my hard drive failed and now i must wait a week for my computer to be fixed. SO, the first anime movie night will be either next friday (nov, 16), or if my computer is still not fixed until then it will be moved to BLACK FRIDAY (nov 23) Since i also have no way to get anime movies fast enough, i will make the poll from the anime movies i have on my anime drive. PLEASE send me a PM telling me what your vote is.

Spitfire
11-18-2012, 11:44 PM
AMN is going to be November 23. Since Moon hasn't gotten suggestions he likes/suggestions at all we will most likely be choosing the first movie.

Shaymin
11-19-2012, 12:13 AM
AMN is going to be November 23. Since Moon hasn't gotten suggestions he likes/suggestions at all we will most likely be choosing the first movie.

Hmpf, and I was gonna suggest a movie yesterday, but he said that we had until 7 pm of October 29.

narutomoon
11-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Hmpf, and I was gonna suggest a movie yesterday, but he said that we had until 7 pm of October 29.

Its more apreciated when people suggest movies sooner rather than later. Then i can see if i can get the movie or see if i can show it (because some things i will NOT show). If it doesnt make the cut for that AMN then it will most likely be put on the next one. Although, i do retain the right to reject any suggestion, since AMN is more like a tyranny where i let you suggest movies and let you decide by voting. If you would like to send my your suggestion i might put it on the list or possible movies ill consider. :3 ~Moon

xBlackthornWolfx
11-19-2012, 11:53 PM
I'd just like to see this actually take off, I miss having movie night :c

Wolfy
11-20-2012, 12:40 AM
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/anime/8/38229l.jpg
Hotarubi no Mori e

The story of Hotarubi no Mori e centers around Hotaru, a little girl who gets lost in an enchanted forest where apparitions reside. A young boy, Gin, appears before Hotaru, but she cannot touch him for fear of making him disappear.

It's a movie that came out around last year. The people who animated Natsume made this movie, and I've heard it's really good.

Shaymin
11-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Its more apreciated when people suggest movies sooner rather than later. Then i can see if i can get the movie or see if i can show it (because some things i will NOT show). If it doesnt make the cut for that AMN then it will most likely be put on the next one. Although, i do retain the right to reject any suggestion, since AMN is more like a tyranny where i let you suggest movies and let you decide by voting. If you would like to send my your suggestion i might put it on the list or possible movies ill consider. :3 ~Moon

Fine.

My suggestion: Hetalia: Paint it, White

The movie is about a race of aliens called the noppera (or the Pictonians, if Moon-san wants to show the English dub) trying to turn the people of Earth into more noppera, and it's up to the nations (specifically the countries that make up the Axis and the Allied Powers of WWII) to stop the noperra from turning people into faceless, literally white aliens. You don't have to watch the anime, but you just have to watch the first episode of Hetalia: Axis Powers to get the idea of which person is which, although if Moon-san wants to show the English dub (which is perfectly fine with me 'cause the dub is quite accurate), then you don't have to watch the first episode cause the accents give it away. It's a good and funny movie, which is why I suggested it.

narutomoon
11-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Fine.

The movie is about a race of aliens called the noppera (or the Pictonians, if Moon-san wants to show the English dub) trying to turn the people of Earth into more noppera, and it's up to the nations (specifically the countries that make up the Axis and the Allied Powers of WWII) to stop the noperra from turning people into faceless, literally white aliens. You don't have to watch the anime, but you just have to watch the first episode of Hetalia: Axis Powers to get the idea of which person is which, although if Moon-san wants to show the English dub (which is perfectly fine with me 'cause the dub is quite accurate), then you don't have to watch the first episode cause the accents give it away. It's a good and funny movie, which is why I suggested it.

As offensive as this may be to you, NO HETALIA! EVER! I am like 800000009990528975893% don't with hetalia because of too many annoying friends who only talk about hetalia and post yaoi of it all over the place and rant and rave about their hetalia OTPs.

EDIT: That being said, im about to update the thread with what the first AMN will be tomorrow

Shaymin
11-22-2012, 10:01 PM
As offensive as this may be to you, NO HETALIA! EVER! I am like 800000009990528975893% don't with hetalia because of too many annoying friends who only talk about hetalia and post yaoi of it all over the place and rant and rave about their hetalia OTPs.

kolkolkolkolkkolkolkol

Yes, what you said IS quite offensive. The movie doesn't even yaoi in it (well, besides this one scene in the movie, but that's Japan being weird) and don't let experience from your peers stop you. If you watch the series itself, it's quite educational in a good way. Heck, you could STUDY for a test in History just by watching it. Most likely, your peers post yaoi everywhere is because Himaruya made the majority of the characters male.

But now I wonder what Spitfire has to say about this little matter since he also loves Hetalia . . .

ShadowMr.L
11-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Fine.

I'm with Narutomoon on this. However I've seen Paint it White, it's a good anime but the fangirls/boys can just like ruin it. They all role-play it, OTP and all that fun stuff. It can get really annoying.

narutomoon
11-24-2012, 12:36 AM
Updated the stream link into the first post!

First anime movie night in t minus 24 minutes!

Umbrony
11-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Naruto, that was a good movie. Well done. ^_^ What was the name of it, I tuned in late with Tux and them that night. XD

Merga
11-29-2012, 02:32 AM
Naruto, that was a good movie. Well done. ^_^ What was the name of it, I tuned in late with Tux and them that night. XD

that was a good movie.

Best joke that you have made in the forums. Emily for best comedian.

Patriot
11-30-2012, 01:21 AM
no wincest no fun

Umbrony
01-11-2013, 01:10 AM
This should be brought back, just saying. What happened?

xBlackthornWolfx
01-11-2013, 03:20 AM
I'm sure Kage would be up for streaming again, it just depends on people's interest

Spitfire
02-15-2013, 01:50 AM
This should be brought back, just saying. What happened?

Just a random note Kage's hardly ever around so we have no one to stream.

Majorasfan
07-28-2013, 07:30 AM
Just tossing it out there, I could stream movies on my stream, or even anime series. Would anyone be interested in that? If so, I could make a new thread and do so. I wouldn't do it if nobody would be interested. if they are interested, I have a decent collection of anime movies, and I have a collection of anime series 125+ strong. If you guys would be willing, comment and let me know. I might do it if.. say, 10-15 people would honestly be interested. I can at least do this before summers ends, and I can probably continue even into the school year.

herothezero
07-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Just tossing it out there, I could stream movies on my stream, or even anime series. Would anyone be interested in that? If so, I could make a new thread and do so. I wouldn't do it if nobody would be interested. if they are interested, I have a decent collection of anime movies, and I have a collection of anime series 125+ strong. If you guys would be willing, comment and let me know. I might do it if.. say, 10-15 people would honestly be interested. I can at least do this before summers ends, and I can probably continue even into the school year.

I'd be interested in watching.

Patriot
07-28-2013, 03:04 PM

That would be neat. Of course, if in case you aren't avaliable to stream, I can also easily set up a stream too in case you're unavaliable as I also have a good computer, and a good collection (at least a good place to obtain it), I can back you up just in case. Of course, if you can do it, go ahead. As in the words of Oreki Houtarou, "I won't do it if I don't have to"

Ame
07-28-2013, 03:11 PM

I'd be interested in watching too.

Shaymin
07-28-2013, 03:12 PM
I would also be interested in watching. :3

Majorasfan
08-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Ok, I'm thinking of streaming next Friday. The question is, what to stream? But I won't ask that here. I'll make a sticky thread with some options (That I currently have) and I'll run the vote till Friday. Until then, what time would be best for everyone?

Ame
08-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Until then, what time would be best for everyone?

Considering that my time zone is GMT+1, I would say some time around 4-5 PM EST, so that I would be able to watch without falling asleep on the keyboard. Anyway, since most people here are like 6 hours behind my time, I think the decision should be up to them.