PDA

View Full Version : Adam and Tepig

Elso579
10-28-2012, 08:42 PM
I know I just got here but I want to be active in the writing community here and I just so happen to have started a new Pokemon Fan-Fic recently. Its in a completely new cannon I have created. What if Pokemon were real and lived in the real world? How would the world be different? What Pokemon would live in what places? For this story I'm using the area that I live in (Southern California) as the setting to simplify things. The wild Pokemon that live here are based off the wild life that live in southern California. Our Main Character is Adam he is a 14 year old boy who wins the opportunity to go on a journey with Pokemon.
I hope you enjoy it and criticism will be well revived.

Episode 1: Winner!
My room is rather dull, it only has a bed, a small desk with a laptop sitting on top of it and a small television. Its light blue walls are sparsely decorated with only a picture of me and my cousins from Arizona and a poster of Leaf, the famous pokemon trainer from the Kanto Region in Japan. I myself live in Valley Center a small town in the San Diego Region, a coastal region in the United States. When I was 14 years old I had little interest in pokemon. The only reason I had a picture of Leaf on my wall was because she was extremely attractive. Although I will say that before the season was over that year I had always gone to every match that my School’s battling team had participated in, albeit only for social reasons. Well things do change and I decided to put myself in a drawing where three people that went to my high school would get a pokemon from Professor Baobab. I was like “What the heck, I probably won’t win anyway.” I suppose I jinxed it but I am very glad to have received the opportunity to meet my partner pokemon and all the other pokemon I have caught on the way.

I laid back in my seat in fourth period, it was a large room with 30 or so small desks with most of their occupants looking just as board. It was health class and the teacher was going on about the skeletal system or something of that sort.

“Please excuse this interruption, I would like to announce the winners of the pokemon drawing. These three lucky individuals will be receiving a pokemon from Professor Baobab. They are Marshal McRight, Elaine McRight, and Adam Nealey. Congratulations would you three please come up to the office.” The loudspeaker crackled over the teacher’s voice.

“Did they call my name?” I thought to myself.

I saw everyone in the room look at me.

“What?” I said

“Adam, your name was called!” The teacher said excitedly

“I suppose that was my name called, I thought I was hearing things.” I said as I got up from my seat and grabbed my backpack.

Everyone in the room began to clap as walked towards the door. I turned around and shrugged the clapping as an unnecessary formality before I walked out the door. I shut it behind me quietly and walked towards the main office building. The office was a medium sized building with a vaulted metal roof and red walls. I was about to open the door when I felt someone grab my shoulder. I turned around and saw two people standing behind me.

One was tall buff looking man with light brown hair in a buzz cut. He was wearing black jeans and blue flannel over a grey shirt.

The other was a slightly heavy set girl with thin light brown hair. She was wearing a low cut shirt and shorts that did not compliment her well.

“Your Adam, right?” The man asked.

“Correct.” Adam said lightly

“I’m Marshal and this is my sister Elaine, we also ‘won’ the contest.” he said with a chuckle

“Hm, you're quite small.” Elaine said with a giggle

I wanted to make a similar comment but decided against it.

“You won’t last a day as a trainer but oh well, let’s go.” Marshal said condescendingly.

Adam followed the two siblings into the building where a man was waiting for them.

He was black and wore a white lab coat over a green collared shirt. He wore tan trousers and blue tie. He was holding a metallic box in his left arm.I thought for a second that he had no sense of style but the thought faded quickly.

“Hello there, I’m Professor Baobab.” the man introduced himself as he held his right hand out.

“Nice to meet you.” I said as shook his hand firmly.

“I have in this box the three pokemon you will each start your journey with.” Baobab said as he placed the box he was holding on a table.

“Move!” Marshal grunted as he pushed me away from the box, “I choose snivy!”

Elaine went to grab a pokeball from the box.

“Oshawott is just too cute! I want it!” She giggled as she took the pokeball from the box.

Of course when I got there I didn’t have a choice but to take the remaining pokemon. I looked inside the box and there was only one pokeball left it had a sticker on it with a picture of a little red and black pig pokemon.

“Is this a mankey?” I asked the professor.

“No you idiot it’s a tepig!” Marshal interjected

“I wasn’t asking you but whatever, not like I have a choice.” I said angrily.

I picked the pokeball up and pushed the button in the middle. A stream of red energy came out of the pokeball. It took the shape of a small quadrupedal pokemon.

“Tepigg!” The small pokemon cried.

Tepig ran up to me and jumped up on my leg. I picked the small pokemon up and it began to lick my face. Its tongue was quite warm when it made contact with my cheek.

“Why don’t you three battle each other in the quad.” Baobab suggested

The quad is a small field in the center of the school where everyone hangs out at lunch.

“I agree considering it’s almost lunch.” Elaine agreed with a smirk.

Thank you for reading please feel free to leave suggestions to improve my writing :)

Cutiepuffle
10-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Good so far for an intro, I'd like to see what'll come in part 2.

Merga
10-28-2012, 09:48 PM
9/10

Would have almost been a 9.5/10 (please remember, nothing is perfect), but then I saw this. http://puu.sh/1jQpe. Other than that, this is one of the better things that I have seen on this forum.

Elso579
10-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Thank you for the constructive criticism I must have missed that. This chapter is Kind of short but the next two parts will be longer.

Episode 2: Snivy vs Oshawott

The quad was packed with people who came to see the battle. Tepig and I stood on one side of the quad while my opponents (Marshal and Elaine) stood on the other.

“I’ll go first baby brother!” Elaine shouted, “Go! Oshawott!”

She threw a pokeball in the air and out came a small blue pokemon with a white face. It had a small shell on its chest.

“Osha-wat!”

“Tepig use flamethrower!” I commanded

Tepig looked at me and tilted his head to the side.

“Tackle!” Elaine shouted.

Oshawott ran at Tepig plowed into him at full speed. Tepig was thrown back at Adam.

“Tepig!” I yelled worryingly, “Use your tackle!”

Tepig ran at Oshawott and knocked it down.

“Oshawott!” Elaine shouted

Oshawott sat up and began to cry. It then ran back towards her trainer and jumped back into its pokeball.

“I won!” I shouted happily

“No you didn’t, you failed to knock my pokemon out you moron!” Elaine retorted

“You, or your pokemon, surrendered!” I returned the argument

“Just shut up you have no idea what you're talking about.”

I was not content on continuing this, there was no point in arguing with someone forcing herself to be right.

“My turn to win!” Marshal said confidently.

Marshal threw a pokeball in the air and out popped a thin serpent like grass pokemon. It had short limbs and a yellow leaf on its neck.

“Tackle!” Marshal comanded

Snivy ran at Tepig and headbutted it into the air. Tepig pointed itself toward Snivy and blew small flames in its direction. Snivy was hit and cried out in pain as the flames hit it.

“Thats Ember!” Marshall shouted, “But how?”

“Nice Tepig, now use Tackle!” I shouted

Tepig ran at Snivy and tackled it to the floor. I then saw a red beam of light absorb Snivy.

“This isn't worth it, I’m out!” Marshal shouted, “This isn’t over! You’ll pay for this!”

Marshal and Elaine stormed off.

“That was very good, Adam.” The Professor said warmly, “You should do well on your journey.”

“My journey?” I asked

“Well, you are going to take that tepig on a journey right?” The professor asked

“Yeah but what kind?” I inquired

“Well Marshall and Elaine are going to collect badges and compete in the San Diego Regional Championships.” Baobab explained

“Where do I start?”

“The first gym is in Escondido.”

“Ok I’ll go their, I guess.” I said quietly

“Good, man.” He said happily.

Cutiepuffle
10-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Meh, too much dialogue towards the end.

Elso579
11-01-2012, 02:57 AM
Sorry this took so long but I'v been rather busy. This chapter is loosely based off of an event that happened to me IRL.

I walked up to the front door of my house, it was white and had an oval shaped window in the middle. I attempted to turn the knob of the door but it wouldn't budge. I took out a small bronze key and gently inserted it into the keyhole. I turned the key and pushed the door open.

“Everyone must be gone... good.” I said to myself.

I snuck into my room and dumped everything out of my backpack. Many papers, pens, and even a protractor fell out and onto the floor. I looked around for things that I would need on my journey. I got out a small tent bag and put it in my backpack, as well as my phone charger and extra undergarments. I packed various other items such as a flashlight and pens and a pad of paper. I figured I could just buy food.

I was ready to leave on my journey, to finally disregard the people that have done me wrong and to start a new as a pokemon trainer. Little did I know that my leaving would be interrupted by a tapping on the bathroom door. I walked slowly towards the door with Tepig’s pokeball in hand. For a brief moment I realized I forgot to name him, I quickly decided Lennon after the member of the Beatles and refocused my energy on the mystery tapping coming from the door. As I got closer the tapping got louder and louder. I finally came up to the door and slowly opened it. I saw a two foot tall, hairy, arachnid-like pokemon staring at me. Our gazes remained lock for what seemed like forever but in reality probably only lasted for three seconds.

“Gal-VAN!” The pokemon roared

I immediately slammed the door and ran down the hall. I heard the cracking of wood and saw a yellow ball of electricity fly just over my head and into a display case full of phanpy carvings that my family inherited from my great aunt. The glass shattered and the carvings fell to the ground, most of them broke into multiple pieces. I released Lennon from his pokeball in order to defend himself.

“Tepp!”

“Use ember!” I shouted

Tepig shot many small flames at the bug pokemon but despite the type advantage it did little damage. Galvantula shot a thin purple beam at Lennon, he managed to dodge it jump to the side causing the attack to hit the flat screen TV. Needless to say we needed a new one. I picked up Lennon and ran to the kitchen. I set Lennon on the counter and quickly ruffled through a junk drawer for something to help me. Lennon kept holding Galvantula back with ember while I looked. I found an old pokeball and a switchblade.

“This’ll have to do.” I mumbled

Galvantula shot an electrified web at Lennon from the corner of the wall and ceiling. It was a direct hit, Lennon cried out in pain as it was shocked inside the web. I bent down to try and cut Lennon out of the web but jumped back when he burst into flames.

“What the!” I yelped, shocked at Lennon’s current state.

Lennon then charged Galvantula at full speed while still engulfed in flames.

“Wait! Flame Charge!” I realized, “Now Lennon use Ember once more!”

Galvantula fell from its perch and on its back. It was struggling to turn itself rightside up again. I pushed the white button in the center of the pokeball, causing it to enlarge.

“Here goes, Pokeball go!” I shouted as I threw the empty pokeball at Galvantula.

The pokeball shook once, then again, and a third time. This was followed by a click.

“Lennon, I hate bug types.” I breathed in a sigh of relief, knowing that my ordeal was finally over.

Adam's current team:
Lennon (Tepig) Level 15
Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl, Ember, Flame Charge
Galvantula Level 36
Moves: Electroweb, Signal Beam, Electro Ball, Slash

One more thing before I leave. I have another fic that I want to post on this site but it isn't as child friendly as this one. It includes gun violence, Darker themes, harsh language, and sexual themes. It would probably make a PG-13 movie but I'm not sure if I should post it here for those reasons.
Oh and Thank you for reading!

LovelyOshawott
11-03-2012, 03:47 PM
It seems interesting.

dud190
11-04-2012, 03:06 AM
I just don't get how a level 15 can help with catching a level 36....
(Yes, I did read the story.)

LovelyOshawott
11-04-2012, 06:02 AM
It is a bug type but it should be like level 20 to be more accurate.

Elso579
11-05-2012, 12:11 AM
I'm glad I have a chance to explain that.
Galvantula missed a lot and the attacks that Tepig got off were critical hits and super effective. He was probably about half health when he threw the pokeball, so Adam was just extreamly lucky, but don't worry Adam won't use it much until later for reasons that I'll explain in future episodes. And Since Joltik evolves at level 36 thats what level Galvantula is at.

================================================== ======================================

“Dear Mom and dad,
I regret to inform you that I am leaving on my pokemon journey. Also, you most likely will not see me until I appear at Regional Championships. Don’t try and contact me, I will not respond.

Your’s Truly, Adam

PS: A galvantula trashed your house, don’t worry I caught it, I named it Arak :)”

I posted the note on the front door as I walked out of my house. Two pokeballs rattled around in my pocket.

“Their has to be a special belt that trainers keep pokeballs on.” I thought to myself, “I’ll go to the mall when I get to Esco.”

I walked out of my front gate and down the road. I saw a tall figure walking towards me. The dark skin and white lab coat gave it away before too long.

“Adam!” The tall figure shouted

“Baobab!” I returned the greeting.

He finished walking towards me before continuing.

“I forgot to give you your pokeballs, and have you downloaded the pokedex app?” He asked

I tilted my head slightly and raised my eyes.

“I’ll take that as a no.” He said jollily, “Here follow me to my lab, I’ll explain. “

Baobab’s lab was a large modern looking building. It really didn’t fit in with the rest of the town, which was made of wooden and brick buildings mostly. The inside was just as modern looking, with many machines and computers everywhere. Baobab led me to one of the computers.

“Let me see your phone.” The professor requested

I reached into my pocket and gave him my phone. He plugged a cord into the headphone jack and a loading bar appeared on the screen.

“I am loading data of every known species of pokemon into your phone. You see, back in the good old days people would use pokedexes to identify pokemon but know our phones have enough processing power and memory to store the data that we would need a separate device to back then.” Baobab explained.

“Cool, thank you.” I said while looking through the massive list of pokemon.

“One more thing, I don’t think you should go on your journey alone so I’d like to ask a favor of you.” Baobab began, “My colleague in the Kyushu Region in Japan, Dr. Odamaki, has a daughter who wants to have a journey here in San Diego.”

“I don’t see why not.” I said indifferent to the idea of having a traveling companion.

“June!” Baobab called out, “Where has that girl gone?”

A short girl around 13 years old ran in through a room in the back. She had black hair and deep blue eyes. She was wearing black spandex shorts and a red collared shirt.

“Kon'nichiwa, watashinonamaeha tsukideari, anatagata wa aru kamo shiremasen.” She said in a language I couldn’t understand.

I panicked for a second and accidentally began to speak French before I could think any further.

“Mon nom est Adam, qui êtes-vous.” I answered. I then covered my mouth in embarrassment.

“Hahahaha!” The girl laughed, “You're funny.” She said in English.

I gave a sigh of relief when I she spoke in my language.

“Yeah, totally.” I responded a bit unnerved

“Hm... So you're the one that the professor wants me to travel with.” She said condescendingly, “Cool!”

“Yeah, I guess.”

“Don’t be so nervous, Lets have a battle!”

“Um Ok.”

“You can battle in the garden if you liked.” Baobab explained.

Baobab led us to the back door and it opened up to a green paradise. There were flowers everywhere, and of many different colours.

“Stop admiring the foliage and lets do this!” June commanded, “Go! Hiyoko.”

She threw a pokeball in the air, a beam of red energy revealed a short, orange, chick-like pokemon.

“Chick-torchic!” It cried

“A torchic, interesting.” I said calmly as I released Lennon from his pokeball, “Lennon, use Tackle!”

Lennon ran at the torchic at a high speed.

“Dodge it!” June commanded, “Now use Ember!”

Hiyoko jumped to the side to avoid Lennon’s tackle. It then spat tiny flames at Tepig.

“Counter with your Ember!” I yelled

The two ember attacks collided with tiny explosions.

“Flame Burst!” June shouted

Hiyoko shot a ball of fire at Lennon that exploded when it made contact. The tepig was knocked back by the blast.

“Lennon!” I shouted, “Flame Charge!”

Lennon surrounded itself with flames and ran at the torchic at a high speed. This attack made contact knocking Hiyoko back.

“Get up and use focus energy!”

Hiyoko began to concentrate on Lennon.

“Tackle, once more!” I commanded

Lennon ran into Hiyoko forcefully, knocking it out.

“Oh no! Return Hiyoko.” June said slightly saddened, “Good job, you deserve a nice long rest.”

“Good battle!” A said while walking up to her.

“Yes, I agree.” She responded happily.

Elso579
11-06-2012, 03:07 AM
I know I haven't had any criticism on the last chapter but I'v been sitting on this for a while so I'll just go ahead and post it. Please leave any criticism you might have it helps more than you think. This is mostly just a filler chapter to get them to the next town but I added some character development to make it worth reading.

================================================== ===

June and I left the lab together that day. We set out west, down the Valley Center Grade that led to Escondido.

“How long is it til’ we get their.” June asked me

“I think, probably like 5 miles.” I answered unsure.

“Well the valley is really pretty.” June admired

“Meh.” I mumbled.

For as long as I can remember I have lived in Valley Center. This is the first time I had spent any time away from it in a while. Granted I've spent time in the Los Angeles Region and the Houston Region but only to visit family.

“What time is it?” June asked

I took out my phone and looked at the time.

“Noon.” I replied

“Do we have enough time to get their?” June Worried

“Oh, we’ll be fine.” I reassured her

“Hey you!” A voice said from across the path.

“What?” I replied

A young kid about 10 years of age stood proudly with a pokemon in his arms. He was wearing a yellow t-shirt, with blue shorts. He had short, brown hair. The pokemon was small and blue, it resembled a tadpole.

“Tympole!” The small pokemon cried

“I want to battle!” The kid said.

“Ok, I’ll happily oblige.” I said to him.

“One on one, Ok!” The kid said

I was about to reach for Lennon’s pokeball when I realized that using a fire type against a water type was not a smart move.

“But an electric type.” I murmured as I grabbed the other pokeball, “Arak, your on!”

“Gal-Van!” Arak Cried

“Oh shoot!” The kid shouted, “Um, use round!”

Tympole released a loud, high pitched sound.

“Ugh!” I grumbled at the sound, “Use Electro Ball!”

Arak turned around and shot an electro web at my face.

“Agh!” I shouted in pain.

“Hahaha, use supersonic!” The kid laughed

Tympole shot more high pitch sounds at Arak.

“Agh, return!” I shouted while pointing the pokeball at Arak.

“Hahaha, That was just sad!” The kid was laughing as he walked away.

I ripped the webs off of my face and plopped myself down on the ground.

“Are you ok?” June asked worriedly.

“I’m... I’m fine.” I murmured.

“Are you sure?” She continued

I took a deep breath and stood up.

“I’ll tell you this much, I’m never using that pokemon again.” I said bitterly

“Don’t say that, it just needs some training.” June reassured me, “And you can’t fear it.”

“Thats the most ridiculous thing I ever heard, if I feared it I wouldn’t have caught it!” I snapped

June took a step back.

“Sorry.” She apologized

“Let’s go.” I said quickly.

We continued walking until we reached Escondido. It was about 3:00, we had just enough time to get to the pokemon center before it got dark. When we got to the pokemon center we walked up to the front desk to get a room.

“Hello, welcome to our pokemon center, how may I help you?” The nurse said

“We need a room, and can you revitalize our pokemon please?” I asked

“Of course, can I see your pokeballs and trainer cards?” She requested

We complied with the request and she gave us a room key and told us what room we would stay in.

“Are you here to battle Ivan?” She asked

“Who is that?” I returned with a question

“The gym leader here in Escondido.” She said happily

“Then yes, but I’m going to go other places here first.” I explained

“Ivan uses ground types, if that helps.” She revealed

“Thank you.” I thanked her for the information.

LovelyOshawott
11-06-2012, 03:43 AM
I saw some typos but none of the less, pretty good.

Elso579
11-08-2012, 02:45 AM
June and I stayed in the room for a few hours. Our pokemon were still with the nurse, getting some rest and food. I was looking threw the pokedex familiarizing myself with the different pokemon that I could encounter as well as different attacks. June was laying on the bed with her head in a book.

“June, what day is today?” I asked

“The second.” She responded not turning away from her book.

“No like is it friday?”

“I believe so, why?”

“My high school and Escondido High School’s battle teams are competing tonight.” I explained

“Hm, would be a good way to observe new battle techniques.” She said quietly, “Let’s go!”

“It starts at 6:00.” I said

“Well it’s 5:00 now”

We picked up our pokemon up from the nurse and left.

================================================== ===================
We walked into the stadium, there were two places to pay: one side for home, the other for visitors.

“They don’t let fans intermingle?” June said in a slightly shocked manner

“You wanna get shot?” I said jokingly

The battle field between two rows of bleachers on either side. It was an outside stadium so we could see the sunset. I paid for the both of us to enter and we found a seat in the first few rows.

“Adam!” Someone shouted from above.

“Arceus help me.” I grumbled under my breath

A girl came down from the bleachers and sat in between me and June (We weren't sitting close to each other. She had slightly long, blondish-brown hair.

“Hi!” she said excitedly

“Hello.” I greeted her, hardly matching the amount of enthusiasm that she had.

She proceeded to awkwardly hug me from the side.

“Who are you!” She said rudely in June’s direction

She stood up and snapped at her.

“I am June Odamaki! Daughter of the famous Dr. Odamaki!” She yelled

The other girl then stood up.

“Well I’m Angelica, and who do you think you are, his girlfriend!?” Angelica shouted

“Maybe I am!” June shouted

“That’s impossible because I’m his Girlfriend!” Angelica retorted

“Ex-Girlfriend.” I chimed in.

“Obviously he doesn't want you around, so leave!” June demanded

“If you can beat me!” Angelica said while pulling out a pokeball from her purse.

“I will happily oblige!” June agreed

“Is this really necessary?” I said nervously

“YES!” They both shouted at me

In a small field behind the bleachers, the two girls stood. They looked at each other angrily when they released their pokemon.

“Woo-Woo! Go!” Angelica shouted

A small blue, furry, bat-like pokemon

“Hm, a woobat, childsplay! Hiyoko, teach this chick a lesson!” June shouted as she released her torchic from her pokeball.

“Torchic!” The small fire pokemon cried

“Use... uh...” Angelica started

“Ember!” June commanded

Small flames hit the bat pokemon and knocked it to the ground.

“Heart Swap, This is for you Adam!” Angelica shouted

Woo-woo flew back up and went in to attack Hiyoko.

“Counter with Flame Burst!” She commanded

Hiyoko shot a large fireball that hit Woo-woo and blew up in its face. It fell back to the ground and didn't make any further effort to get up.

“And thats all she wrote.” June congratulated herself as she recalled her pokemon

June walked up to me and wrapped her arm around mine.

“We’ll be taking our leave now.” She stated

We turned around and went back toward our seats.

“That was unnecessary.” I told her

“I know, but it was fun!” She giggled

“Look the first battle is about to start.” I said tentatively

We sat back down and watched the battle.

“The first battle will be between Tanner Sanchez from Valley Center, and Zach Johnson from Escondido!” The announcer announced.

Tanner sent out a poliwrath, while Zach sent out a skarmory.

“This won’t end well.” I stated

Poliwrath jumped up to attack skarmory with a dynamic punch but skarmory dodged the attack and landed a wing attack. It then knocked it out with a peck attack.
The score stood 0-2. A lose is no points a draw is 1, and a win is 2 points. The next trainer from Valley Center had no such luck. His pokemon was knocked out soon after the battle began. The next trainer sent out a weavile. The trainer from Escondido sent out a Machoke. Machoke went in for a low kick but Weavile dodged. It used its speed to continually dodge attacks and land a powerful metal claw attack that knocked machoke out.The score then stood at 2-4. Valley Center lost the momentum when Escondido won the next 2 rounds. A trainer from Valley Center used a Samurott to beat a monferno with a powerful brine attack. The score was 4-6 when Valley Center started to turn things around. They threw out a barrage of powerful pokemon that brought up the score to 7-8. There was only two minutes left to battle and Escondido sent out a Flygon while Valley Center used a Raichu. Flygon used its speed to dodge a barrage of thunderbolts and came in for a dragon rage attack. It hit but Raichu got up and used iron tail followed by a Thunderbolt and quick attack to beat . The crowd was going wild at the upset. Everyone was standing and cheering for the trainers on the battlefield. When the referee called that Flygon was unable to battle everyone on our side of field started to cheer. With only 44 seconds left we thought we won, but Escondido sent out one more trainer who used a blastoise while we used a Charizard. Charizard flew around and dodged attacks from Blastoise in order to just let the clock drain; however one lucky jet of water hit charizard and it fell to the ground with only 1 second left on the clock. The ref called that Charizard was unable to battle and the score finished at 9-10.

“Wow, we lost.” I said shocked

“I thought they had it.” June stated

“That's the first time they've beat us since 1998.” I told her.

Elso579
11-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Time to introduce a few new key factors in this story. I hope you enjoy!

================================================== ========================================

Me and June decided to go to the mall that was just down the street from Escondido High School. Under normal circumstances I would have gone to the Safari Park or Palomar Mountain to train and catch new pokemon but I needed some equipment from the Trainer Supply Store. The North Region Faire Mall was a large 3 story building. The mall itself had a green vaulted roof that looked very modern. Its main entrance was rather grandiose, more akin to a theater than a shopping mall.

“Is this the Mall?” June asked

“Yup.” I answered promptly

“It’s tiny!” She blurted out

“I suppose that malls in the Kyushu Region are bigger.” I assumed

“You should see the one in Nagasaki, It’s huge!” She excited as we walked into the mall.

“Nagasaki, where have I heard that of that city before?” I pondered out loud.

“That place you nuked.” She said bitterly.

“Oh yeah, that city, sorry.” I apologized

“Hahaha, no need, forgive and forget, do you know how much money the Kyushu Region gets from tourism now!” She explained comically.

We shared a laugh and walked toward a store with a lot of people in knight-like atterier. crowded around it shouting. They also had picket signs. They had pictures of pokeballs with big red “X’s” threw them as well as Signs that said “Free the pokemon!”.

“Oh Arceus!” I grumbled, “Protesters.”

“What are they protesting?” She asked as we walked closer to the shop.

“This shop imprisons pokemon and sells them for profit! Is this the kind of behavior we should exhibit to other living beings?!” A man shouted over a megaphone.

“NO!” The crowd shouted.

“Their, Eco-Terrorists; They call themselves ‘Team Plasma’” A another man said.

He had dark, sun-tanned skin, and wore a black leather jacket with black jeans. He wore a fedora that covered most of his black curly hair.

“And who are you?” I asked

“I’m Ivan Reznick, the gym leader in this city.” He answered.

“Really I’m here to challenge the gym leader.” I exclaimed

“Thats great but right now I’m watching to make sure those people don’t do anything rash.” He explained, “These guys use pokemon to liberate pokemon.”

“Shouldn’t security do something about this?” June asked

“Yes their on their way here to disperse the crowd.” Ivan revealed, “Here they come.”

Ivan took a small round object out of the front pocket of his jacket.

“You guys need to disperse now, you are interfering with our patron’s shopping experience” The security guard shouted.

“Make us!” the man with the megaphone shouted.

“We are taking this shop and freeing the pokemon imprisoned here by force!” He shouted, “Plasssmaaa!”

The man with the megaphone sent out a pokemon. It was brown with black stripes. It stood upright and looked like a reptile.

“Krokorok!” The pokemon cried

“Go Herdier!” The guard shouted

A small dog like pokemon was revealed out of a flash of light.

“Krokorok use Crunch and hold onto it!” The Plasma member commanded

“No! Herdier!” the guard shouted

“You kids got pokemon?” Ivan asked.

“Yeah” We said in unison

“Use them.” He ordered, “Mandy!”

Ivan threw a pokeball in the air that revealed a bird like pokemon. It had Dark feathers and a bare skin head.

“Lennon, let’s help!” I shouted while sending out my tepig.

“You to, Hiyoko!” June commanded as she sent out her torchic

“These people are forcing their poor pokemon to fight their own liberation!” The man with the megaphone shouted, “Plasma help me!”

“Go!” Three of the knightly clad protesters yelled as they sent out their own pokemon.

Out of the various beams of light came four different pokemon: One was a purple feline with yellow circles on it; the second was a steel, magnet like pokemon with one eye; the third was a light purple bug type with a spiked tail that extended over its head; The last was another bug type that was light purple and curled into a spiky ball. I examined all of them in the pokedex app.

“Liepard, the cruel pokemon, Their beautiful form comes from the muscles they have developed. They run silently in the night.”

“Magnemite, the magnet pokemon, The electromagnetic waves emitted by the units at the sides of its head expel anti gravity, which allows it to float.”

“Skorupi, the scorpion pokemon, It lives in arid regions and can go without food for a year while waiting for prey”

“Whirlipede, the curlipede pokemon, Storing energy for evolution, it sits. But, when predators approach, it moves to stab them with poison spikes.”

“They look strong, oh well, I’ve fought worse. Lennon Ember!” I commanded

“Air Slash, Mandy!” Ivan shouted

“Flame Burst!” June shouted

The fire and air attacks hit the small platoon of pokemon at full force causing a small explosion. Once the smoke cleared it was revealed that three of the four pokemon were knocked out. Whirlipede was left along with the Krokorok that was holding on to the guard’s Herdier. Whirlipede sent out toxic barbs at Hiyoko that hit and knocked the small fire pokemon to the ground.

“Hiyoko!” June yelped, “Return!”

“Mandy, help Herdier!” Ivan commanded.

“So I guess we’re taking care of that bug!” I excited, “Use Ember!”

Lennon shot out small flames at Whirlipede but the fast pokemon rolled out of the line of fire. It then rolled right towards Lennon.

“Use Ember again!” I commanded

Lennon shot out the tiny flames at it again but this time Whirlipede couldn't move away in time and was set on fire. It rolled away from the small fire pokemon, causing the fire to go out at the same time. Whirlipede came back shooting small barbs at Lennon.

“Dodge it with flame charge!” I shouted

Lennon encased himself with flames which propelled him away from the poisonous barbs. Whirlipede then unwrapped itself and it launched itself at Lennon with the momentum from unwrapping itself. It whipped it with its tail before rolling back up again.

“Tepp!” Lennon cried

Whirlipede rolled at the small pokemon and knocked it back.

“Oh no, you ok boy!” I shouted

Lennon slowly got up, its breathing was heavy but it had an enraged look on its face. It suddenly began to glow and slowly change form.

“What!” I said shocked

“Its evolving!” June noted

Lennon stopped glowing and he looked completely different. He had the same basic color scheme but he was bulkier and stood upright. It also had a puffy tail, and rabbit like ears.

“Lennon evolved into pignite!” Ivan excited

“Oh, great!” I excited, “Use flame charge!”

The newly evolved pignite burst into flames and rocketed towards Whirlipede at a fantastic speed. It made contact with Whirlipede and set it ablaze once again.

“Now use arm thrust!” I commanded it use a new move that I read it could know when it evolved.

Lennon punched at Whirlipede in quick succession, moving the bug pokemon further and further back towards Team Plasma. With one final blow it knocked Whirlipede back at the crowd. A few seconds later more security and police officers came onto the scene and surrounded the crowd with guns drawn.

“You boys got this?” Ivan asked sarcastically.

“Yeah.” One of the cops reassured him.

“Well I’m off then, Adam I invite you to come by the gym whenever you want, that is if you ready for a challenge.” Ivan stated confidently

“Will do.” I returned with confidence

“Shall we actually do what we came here to do?” June asked

“What would that be?” I asked sarcastically

“Shopping!!” She excited

“Of fine call me when you're finished, I’m going to the trainer supply store.” I explained
================================================== ======================================
Adam's Pokemon: Lennon (Pignite) Level 17 Male
Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl, Flame Charge, Ember

Arak (Galvantula) Level 36 Male

June's Pokemon: Torchic (Hiyoko) Level 12 Female
Moves:Growl, Ember, Focus Energy, Flame Burst

As far as Team Plasma goes I will go into the back-story about them but just for clarification, Unova is based off of NYC so I made Plasma a nationwide organization.

super dill
11-11-2012, 02:33 PM
These are pretty good Nice Job!

Luna
11-11-2012, 05:41 PM
This is great, but there is a lot of grammatical errors. But thank you for not righting a script! :)

X!!
11-14-2012, 01:52 PM
This story, just like what the others said, is great. It has original characters, an okay storyline, and a little funny text. I enjoyed this story so far. Although, there are also typos. Like, instead of "there" or "they're", you used "their". Instead of "you're", you used "your". etc. Other than that, I'm looking forward to read more of these soon! And, the teams of the main characters at the end of each chapter reminds me of the Pokemon Adventures Manga. 8/10

Elso579
11-21-2012, 08:32 PM
I hope you enjoy Adam's first gym battle.

================================================== =======
“So this is the Escondido Pokemon Gym” I said surprised

“I was expecting more.” June stated

The gym was situated between a dry cleaners and massage parlor. The only thing that signified that it was a pokemon gym was Pokemon League logo stained on the glass door.

“Well well well, looks as if little Adam made it here in one peace.” A familiar voice mocked from right behind me

“What do you want Marshal?” I asked meanly

“For you to move, I’m challenging the gym.” He said attempting to move forward

“I got here first so you’ll just have to wait.” I told him.

“You wouldn’t stand a chance against him, now move!” He berated me while trying to push me out of the way.

I immediately reacted by throwing my elbow into his stomach, this caused him to keel over in pain. Me and June walked into the gym. We heard some music playing in the background, Michael Jackson I believe. The gym itself was very bare, all it had was a regulation battlefield (40X20 feet) and a few pictures on the wall. On the far end of the room stood the gym leader, Ivan.

“So you decided to show up.” Ivan said sarcastically, “Are you ready?”

“Yeah.” I said confidently.

“Alright, how many pokemon do you have on you?” He asked

“Um two, but...” I began but was cut off

“Then, I’ll use two.” He stated, “Will this be your first gym battle?”

“Yeah.”

“Ok then, Angel!” Ivan called

“boy a little younger than myself came out of a room in the back. He looked like Ivan but with straight hair and younger. He wore a red t-shirt and Blue jeans.

“Yes big brother.” He said respectably.

“Get my Gliscor and Steelix from the back.” Ivan ordered

“Okay.” Angel said as he went back into the room he came from.

Moments later he came out with two pokeballs in his hand. Ivan took them from him and sent Angel to the ref’s box to the right of the battle field.

“Adam, pisst, over here a sec.” June whisperd

Adam walked over towards June.

“Yeah.”

“Gliscor is part flying type and Steelix is part Steel type.” She explained, “They're both ground types tho.”

“I knew that.” I said calmly

“You don’t really have anything to deal with Gliscor, and Steelix is extremely powerful in its own right.”

“I’ll be careful.” I said reassuringly.

“Are both sides ready?” Angel asked

Both me and Ivan nodded.

“Ok then, the battle between Gym Leader Ivan, and the challenger, Adam, will now begin. Both sides will use two pokemon each, and the battle will be over when both sides are unable to battle!” He explained

“Alright, Go! Gliscor!” Ivan shouted while throwing a pokeball into the air.

A small blue pokemon with an elongated nose and large ears came out of the pokeball.

“Phanpy-phan!”

“What! Angel this is Phanpy, not Gliscor!” Ivan said angrily, “No matter, go ahead Adam.”

“Go Lennon!” I called as I sent Lennon out of his pokeball.

“Pig-nite!”

“Phanpy use rollout!” Ivan commande

Phanpy rolled into a ball and wheeled towards Lennon.

“Block it with Arm Thrust!” I commanded

Lennon threw its arms at Phanpy causing it not just stop but also be thrown back. Phanpy landed on its feet but was breathing heavily.

“Now use ember!” I called

Lennon began to shoot small flames from his mouth at Phanpy.

“Dodge and use Take Down!” Ivan commanded

Phanpy jumped to the side and ran at Lennon at a high speed.

“Use arm thrust again!” I shouted

Lennon thrusted his arms which stopped Phanpy again, this time phanpy stood its ground and took the constant punches from Lennon. Eventually Phanpy was knocked back and it lied knocked out on the ground.

“Phanpy is unable to battle, Pignite wins!” Angel shouted

“Phanpy returned.” Ivan said while pointing Phanpy’s pokeball at it, “Impressive, but lets see how you handle this!”

Ivan threw a pokeball in the air. A beam of red energy revealed a very tall metallic pokemon that was almost as tall as the ceiling.

“Steelix!”

Ivan smirked.

“Pignite versus Steelix, Let the battle begin!” Angel shouted.

“Steelix smackdown!” Ivan commanded

Steelix whiped pignite with its tail causing it to fly back and crash into the wall.

“Pigg!” The pokemon cried out in pain.

“Lennon, use ember!” I commanded

Lennon shot small flames at the huge pokemon. It cried out in pain when the small flames hit.

“Thunder Fang!” Ivan commanded

Steelix shook off the flames and its teeth began to become to emit electricity. It curled up and began to move its head quickly toward Lennon. Lennon jumped back dodging the attack.

“Jump on its head and use arm thrust!” I shouted.

Lennon jumped on top of of the iron snake pokemon’s head and began to punch it repeatedly. It cried out in pain and tried to get up, but its head was stuck in the ground. Eventually its whole body crashed into the ground and it ceased to struggle.

“That’s it! Steelix is unable to battle, Pignite wins! The winner is the challenger!” Angel announced

Both me and Ivan recalled our pokemon and Ivan walked toward me.

“That was a great battle, as the winner I hereby present you with the Thriller Badge.”

“Thank you very much.” I said as I accepted the badge.

The badge was white and shaped like a glove it was also bedazzled.

Me and June left the gym and began to walk back to the pokemon center. We then saw Marshal standing by the window glaring at us.

“That was a fluke!” He shouted, “There's no way you can make it to the pokemon league!”

“Oh really you wanna bet!” I shouted while taking a pokeball off my bet.

“Ok, let’s battle!”

“Adam, Lennon just battled.” June said worryingly

“I’m not going to use Lennon.” I said darkly

“That’s even more worrisome” She sighed
================================================== ==
Adam's Team:
Lennon (Pignite) Level 19 Male
Moves: Arm Thrust, Defense Curl, Flame Charge, Ember
Caught in Episode: Winner!

Caught in Episode: A Galvantula in the Bathroom!

June's Team:
Hiyoko (Torchic) Level 12 Female

Elso579
11-29-2012, 03:57 AM
“Rethink this please.” June asked politely.

“I’m fine.” I said confidently

“You ready to lose?!” Marshal asked condescendingly

“You will not enjoy this, but it will be over quickly.” I said as he threw a pokeball into the air.

Arak revealed itself with a roar, then surrounded itself with silk webs.

“What kind of joke strategy is this?” Marshal shouted, “Go Artemis!”

Out of marshal’s pokeball came a yellow and brown pokemon with a long neck.

“Giraff!” It cried

“A girafarig!” I said as I took out my pokedex.

“Girafarig, the long neck pokemon. The head on its tail contains a small brain. It can instinctively fight even while facing backward.”

“I caught it in the Safari Zone” He bragged, “Take down!”

Artemis lowered its head and ran at the dome of webs. When the pokemon made contact it was instantly shocked by the web.

“It’s a great strategy isn't it?” I bragged.

“You think I can’t get around that, use psybeam!” Marshal ordered

Girafarig turned around and the small head on the tip of its tail let loose a pink beam that shot at the protective dome. It tore a hole in the web revealing Arak inside of it. A red and blue beam shot out of the dome hitting Artemis squarely on its second head. The pokemon the burst out of the web and ran at the long neck pokemon. It jumped onto it and clawed at Artemis with its front claws. Girafarig was struggling to shake the bug pokemon off.

“call it back before it seriously hurts that girafarig!” June whispered into my ear.

I nodded and recalled Arak.

“I think I’ve proven my point.” I said as I walked away with June.

“Adam?” June asked

“Yeah?” I responded a bit worried about what she was going to ask.

“How exactly did you catch that Galvantula?” June asked

“I found it in my bathtub.” I said comically

“Well, it obviously doesn’t respond to you at all, but you need to catch more pokemon.” She explained

“Where?” I asked

“Well Marshal said he caught his girafarig at the Safari Zone.” She explained

“Then we’ll go their.” I said excitedly, “I've been there before, but only to the zoo part of it not the actual safari.”

“We’ll go tomorrow then.” June scheduled

Back at the pokemon center we eventually saw Marshal take his girafarig in to be seen, the pokemon was treated but he was scolded by the nurse for allowing his pokemon to face a much stronger pokemon. I tried not to laugh as he went up stairs to his room. At this point it was about five o’clock and my pokemon were both revitalized and safely in their pokeballs. I walked up the stairs after a few minutes (in order to avoid confrontation with Marshal) and went to my room, June was laying on her bed reading a book.

“Hey June why exactly did you come here?” I asked

“You mean from the Kyushu Region?” She followed my question with another

“Yeah.” I confirmed

“The Kyushu Region is a great place to have a journey, famous trainers like Yuki Nomaru started their journey their, but I want to see more of the world, not just the place I live.” She explained

“I understand.” I responded, “I won a school contest, but I’ve wanted to leave home for a long time.”

“Really, why?” She asked

“My parents never really ‘loved’ me, I was an unplanned baby.” I explained

“That’s no reason for your parents not to love you.” she said softly

“Well for them it was, the only family member I have close to me is my grandmother who lives in the Los Angeles Region up north of here.” I continued, “I doubt they even care that I’m gone, they have the money to hire a maid.”

“That’s really sad, I’m so sorry you had to put up with that.” June apologized

“It’s fine, I’ll show them I’m worth something.” I said coldly.

Adam's Team: Lennon (Pignite) Level 19 Male

June's Team:

Elso579
01-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Sorry This took so long I'v been dealing Real life and writer's block.

After obtaining my first badge from the Escondido Gym me and my companion ,June, decide to go to the Safari Zone to catch more pokemon.

The park’s gate had a small line due to the fact that it was a Monday. Adam and June stood in between a family of four, two adults and two small children, and a couple that seemed to be only a few years older than themselves. I thought I recognized them but both of them were turned around and facing the gate. The young man was wearing a faded pair of blue jeans and a black jacket with teal sleeves. The girl holding his hand had long brown hair and was wearing a purple jacket and jeans.

“A lot of the people in line don’t seem to be the trainer type.” June noted

“There's also a zoo here, you actually have to have a trainer card to go on the safari and catch pokemon.” I explained

The girl turned around and did a double take when she looked at me.

“Adam?” She said as she turned around.

The young man standing next to her turned around as well.

“I thought I recognized you.” I excited

“Who is this?” The man asked

“This is Adam, we have third period together.” The girl explained

“Who are they?” June asked me quietly

“I’m Lindsey, and this is my boyfriend Tanner.” The girl explained

“Tanner, did you play in the game on Friday?” June asked

“Yeah, shame we lost.” Tanner said with a frown, “I think I remember you, you were the one that won that contest.”

“Yeah, I really didn’t think that I’d win, but this is cool.” I said with a laugh

“I saw your battle with Marshal and Elaine, Impressive, those two can’t stand to lose, in fact the only reason they won the contest is because their dad is friends with Professor Baobab.” Tanner explained

“Really, now that you mention it that does makes sense.” I said

“You haven’t introduced us to your friend.” Lindsey said smiling at June.

“This is June, the professor wants me to travel with her cause her dad is one of his colleagues.” I explained

“Oh, your Dr. Odamaki’s kid.” Tanner said

“How do you know that.” June said defensively

“The professor was talking about Dr. Odamaki’s kid going her to train her pokemon.” Tanner explained

We continued through the line and paid the fee to get into the park.

“Are you here for the safari?” Tanner asked

“Yeah.” I answered him

“Come with us, we're here to document genetic differences between pokemon in the Safari Zone and pokemon in their natural habitat.” Lindsey offered.

“I don’t see why not.” I said to her

Me and June followed the two to the location of the safari. We had to show our trainer cards and sign some papers but they eventually gave us 30 Safari Balls each. The land that the park was quite expansive and their were pokemon everywhere. I saw a herd of rhyhorn and rhydon in front of us.

“Look!” I shouted

“Keep your voice down!” Tanner scolded, “See that big one with the orange plating, thats a rhyperior, and I want it.”

I took out my phone and scanned the herd.

“Rhyhorn, the Spikes Pokemon, Its powerful tackles can destroy anything. However, it is too slow witted to help people work.”

“Rhydon, the Drill Pokemon, Standing on its hind legs freed its forelegs and made it smarter. It is very forgetful, however.”

“Rhyperior, the Drill Pokemon, It can launch a rock held in its hand like a missile by tightening then expanding muscles instantly.”

Tanner got down on the ground and slowly crawled through the towards the large rock pokemon. I saw his head poke up out of the grass as he threw the safari ball at Rhyperior. Rhyperior was absorbed into the ball. The rest of the herd began to run. The ground felt like it was shaking from all of the heavy pokemon running One of the rhyhorn was running directly in Tanner’s direction. I threw a safari ball at it and the rhyhorn was absorbed by the ball. Tanner took the opportunity to run. He managed to get back to where we are. He was met with a hug from Lindsey.

“Are you insane!?” She scolded, “You coulda got yourself killed!”

“I’m fine, by the way who caught the rhyhorn?” Tanner asked

“I did.” I said softly.

Tanner walked up to me and patted me on the shoulder as he held out his hand. He was holding a safari ball in his hand.

“I believe this is yours.” he said as he handed it to me.

“Wait I actually caught it!” I excited

“Yeah, speaking of which I’ve gotta go find my Rhyperior.” he said as he ran back the area that the rhyperior was.

“Adam come help me find this!” He shouted

I ran over to go help him search.

“Have you ever wondered why the professor chose you over Marshal or Elaine to look after June?” Tanner asked me

“Na, I tend to just go with the flow.” I said happily

“Marshal has quite a temper, usually he’s a good guy but, look just be careful around him, when I say he can’t stand to lose I meant it.” Tanner explained in a serious tone.

“I can take care of myself.” I reassured him, “People think that I can’t defend myself because I’m small, well I can, I have been in a self defense class since as long as I can remember, and besides I Lennon!”

“Careful, it looks pretty bad using your pokemon on a human, even if it is self defence.” Tanner warned

“I’ll be fine.” I reassured him again.

“Let’s go back I found my pokeball.” Tanner said looking at the girls talking to each other.

“Did you find it?” Lindsey asked

“Yeah, let’s go find some more pokemon!” Tanner said confidently.

After a few hours of walking around we noticed that there weren't a whole lot of pokemon around.

“Something isn’t right.” Tanner said coldly.

“What’s wrong?” I asked

“We haven’t seen more than about 15 pokemon!” Tanner explained

“look over their, a watchog!” June excited

“I’ve never seen a wild watchog alone before.” Lindsey noted.

“Look at its eyes, it’s pupils are dilated.” Tanner noticed

The normal type began to walk slowly in one direction.

“Let’s follow it.” Tanner said quietly.

We began to slowly trail the pokemon, the grass was relatively short in this area so it was easy to see. We followed the watchog for about half an hour. It then ran into a thick forest.

“Let’s continue in the same direction, we hardly change compass direction while we were following it.” Tanner suggested.

We continued into the forest and we saw a small building with a few large semi trucks parked next to it. there was a road leading from the building.

“Is this a ranger station?” June asked

“No there isn’t one anywhere near this location.” Tanner said quietly.

“Look there's some kind of radio antenna on top of the building.” I pointed out.

“Maybe what’s attracting the pokemon.” Lindsey speculated.

The door to the inside of the building began to open.

“Hide!” Tanner yelled softly.

We all jumped behind a bush. A man came out of the building. He was wearing a blue and white tunic, with a stylized p on it. He was holding a cage with the watchog in it.

“Team Plasma!” Tanner grimaced

“Aren’t those the guys that were at the mall?” June asked me

I nodded slowly.

Tanner stood up and shouted at the the man.

“Hey! Who do you think are!” He shouted

I didn’t like that he had alerted probably him and everyone else in the building but I figured confrontation was unavoidable. I unclipped Lennon’s pokeball from my belt.

“Get outta, if you know what's good for ya!” The man responded as he set the cage down.

“Really, I was about to say the same thing.” Tanner said as he took a pokeball out of his jacket pocket. He threw it in the air and and a red beam of energy revealed a toxicroak. I had seen this toxicroak before at the game.

“Toxii!” The pokemon cried

Elso579
01-10-2013, 01:52 AM
“Look man, I don’t want any trouble!” The Plasma Grunt yelped.

“Then Let the pokemon go!” Tanner Shouted.

“I wish I could do that, I really do, but my Lord would be most displeased.” The Plasma Grunt retorted as he took a small box out of the pocket of his tunic, “You see you're standing on a mine that as soon as I push this button you and your little friends will go... bang!”

“à présent!” a voice shouted from behind the truck. I recognized the the word as French for “now”.

All of the sudden a small, yellow and red, pokemon jumped up and knocked the remote out of the grunt’s hand.

“Fenne, fen!” the small pokemon cried as it let flames loose from its small mouth.

The grunt cried out in pain as the flames it him.

“Rendement!” The same voice shouted. The pokemon stopped its attack.

A fair skinned man with curly brown hair, wearing light tan trousers and a blue polo shirt revealed himself from behind the truck.

The Grunt ran off to a small, red pickup truck parked next to the building and drove off.

I stood up to speak with him, I didn’t know if he spoke English and I was fluent in French.

“Merci de nous sauver leur retour, parlez-vous anglais?” I spoke.

“Yeah, and don’t mention it, Renard and I were more than happy to help.” He said happily.

I had never seen the pokemon that the man used so I took out my phone to scan it.

“No information available”

“What!?” I scoffed

“Haha never seen a Fenniken have you! Not surprising I live in France but I decided to travel here.” He explained

June and Lindsey got up from behind the bush.

“Ah how rude of me! Allow me to introduce myself, I am Yvon Xarles.” Yvon introduced himself

“I’m Adam, and once again thanks, I don’t know what we would have done without your help.” I thanked.

“I’m Tanner, and this is Lindsey.” Tanner said looking at his girlfriend. She looked disdainfully at the courtesy but she let it go and waved her hand to greet Yvon.

“I’m Odamaki, er, June Odamaki.” June reveled quietly

“Well it is nice to meet all of you.”He said happily

“Shouldn’t we like, call the cops or something?” Lindsey asked

“Na, I already alerted the park rangers.” Yvon reassured her.

A faint cry came from inside the cabin.

“Shin...shinx!”

“You here that?” June asked frantically, “It’s coming from inside.”

June ran to the door and grabbed the handle but it failed to turn.

“Damn, it’s locked.” June cursed

“Hold on I got this!” I shouted as I took my rhyhorn’s pokeball off of my belt, “Let’s see what you can do!”

Yvon grabbed my wrist before I could throw the pokeball.

“Wait!” He shouted, “We don’t know what’s in there!”

“Well what do you propose we do?” I asked angrily

“Châtaigne, I need your assistance!” He shouted as he released a new pokemon from its ball.

This pokemon was mostly brown but had green leaves on its head. It had short stubby arms and buck teeth.

“Ches Chespin!”

I took my phone out to scan this pokemon as well.

“No information available.”

“Again?” I said disappointed

“This is a Chespin it’s another pokemon from France.” Yvon explained

“Châtaigne, listen carefully, use vine whip to climb that tree and get up onto the roof of the cabin, then slowly descend into that chimney and unlock the door.” Yvon explained to his pokemon.

“Ches!” the pokemon cried and nodded.

Châtaigne extended small green vines out of its hands and wrapped them around the tree, it then lifted itself up to the branch. The grass pokemon proceeded to jump onto the roof and down the chimney. After about two minutes I heard the door click and I was able to open it. Châtaigne walked out and was covered with black soot.

“Grenouille, use water gun on Châtaigne!” Yvon called out as he released another pokemon from its ball.

“Frok Froakie!”

A small, blue, frog like pokemon came out of the pokeball, It had a darker blue stripe down its back and white, foam-looking, fur on its back. The water pokemon shot a small stream of water at Châtaigne, cleaning the soot off of it.

June ran into the cabin to find out what was making the noise, I followed her in. There was a shinx in the corner with its leg tied to a post. June ran over and untied it. she proceeded to pick up the small pokemon.

“Oh, you’re so cute!” she squealed.

The small electric pokemon began to lick her.

“Oh you are definitely coming with me!” She said as she caught it in one of her safari balls.

Tanner poked his head inside the cabin.

“Hey did you find what was going on in here?” Tanner asked

“Yeah.” I said

“Cool, we should all head back to the professor’s lab, apparently that’s why the Frenchie is here.” He explained

“Cool we should go now.” I agreed.

I hope you enjoyed my nod at all the commotion regarding X and Y ;)

newsupermariobros
01-20-2013, 09:06 PM
A very good story.Good choice of words, you are progressing the story greatly.Keep it up!

Elso579
02-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Sorry this took so long.

Tanner was gracious enough to offer to drive all of us back to Professor Baobab's Lab back in Valley Center; albeit a slightly uncomfortable one for myself sitting in backseat in between June and Yvon. Lindsey was sitting in the front seat with Tanner. Tanner was the proud owner of a small, white, two door Chevy. We drove along a similar mountain road to that of which we came to Escondido, but this was an actual road not a dirt path. Their usually is a pedestrian path where trainers can catch wild pokemon without impeding traffic.
“So Adam, did you get a badge from Ivan while you were in Esco?” Tanner asked.

“Yeah, he was a lot easier to beat than I expected.” I commented

“Don’t expect gym leaders to give up their badges so easily, they may be using weaker pokemon but their skills as trainers surpass even mine.” Tanner responded

“I got this!” I said confidently.

“You just tell that to the gym leader in San Marcos, you might take that back, I suggest you train on Palomar Mountain before challenging him.” Tanner suggested

“Alright but I still got this!” I reassured him

“Your confidence is quite remarkable.” Yvon stated, “Perhaps when we get to the lab you would allow me to see if that confidence is well placed?”

“Sounds like a deal, I would love to see what those pokemon of yours can do.” I eagerly accepted.

“Hey Yvon why exactly are you here.” Lindsey asked

“I really can’t say all that much, just that the professor requires someone with my particular talents.” Yvon said secretly

Tanner soon pulled into the parking lot of Baobab's Lab. Lindsey got out and put her seat forward allowing Yvon, June and I to exit. We all walked into the large building and Baobab was typing away at his computer.

“Um professor were here.” Lindsey alerted.

The professor turned around and smiled.

“Glad you’re finally here, and I see you met Yvon excellent!” He said excitedly, “But, um, why did you bring Adam and June?”

“I was going to help them train up on Palomar.” Tanner explained

“Oh, that's great, can I talk to you and Yvon privately?” Baobab asked in a serious tone

“Sure.” Tanner agreed

Tanner and Yvon followed the professor into a different room. I looked at June as if to ask what that was about but she shrugged it off.

“So Adam, how ‘bout a battle?” Lindsey asked cheerfully

“Um, okay.” I said softly.

“Come with me!” she said excitedly as she grabbed my hand an almost dragged me out to the garden.

“One on one, okay!” she shouted happily

“Sure!” I said as I reached for Lennon’s pokeball, “Lennon, let’s go!”

I released Lennon from his pokeball and he let out a small stream of flames from his nostrils.

“Pigg!”

“Cubee!” She shouted

She threw a pokeball in the air and threw a beam of energy revealed a small brown pokemon with a tan belly and a skull on its head. It was wielding a small bone. I took out my phone to scan it.

“Cubone, the Lonely pokemon, When it thinks of its dead mother, it cries. Its crying makes the skull it wears rattle hollowly.”

“How depressing, but it’s a ground type so be careful Lennon!” I shouted, “You go first!”

“Alright, Cubee, use bonemerang!” Lindsey commanded

Cubee threw her small bone at Lennon but it fell short of its target and onto the ground.

“Go get it!” Lindsey shouted.

Cubee ran to get the bone.

“Ember attack!” I commanded

Lennon shot small flames out of his mouth that hit Cubee just before she could get her bone.

“Cuee!” the small pokemon cried out in pain.

“Oh no! Cubee, headbutt!”

Cubee ran at Lennon with its head down.

“Block it with arm thrust!” I shouted

Lennon started to repeatedly punch the small ground type til it fell to the floor.

“Return cubee! Nice job buddy, you deserve some rest.” Lindsey said gently

“Excellent job Lennon, return.” I said confidently

I walked up to Lindsey and shook her hand.

“Good battle, I thoroughly enjoyed it.” I consoled.

“Thanks!” She said happily

“Hey, Lindsey your boyfriend's coming!” June shouted

Lindsey glared at June for a moment but returned to her face to its previous state when Tanner and Yvon walked outside. Tanner looked almost angry but then sad. He walked up to Lindsey.

“Baobab wants me and Yvon to be part of a task force to combat Team Plasma, I’m not going to be in town for awhile.” He explained

“Oh, okay, well good luck, and don’t get hurt okay.” Lindsey said sadly.

“I’ll be fine I can take care of myself!” He said confidently, “Do you want me to take you home?"

“No, I want to come with you.” She answered

“No, it’s far too dangerous.” He said as he began to walk away.

Tanner and Yvon went out to the parking lot, presumably to be briefed on Team Plasma.

“I’m sorry.” I tried to consoled Lindsey.

“It’s fine, really it is if that idiot thinks he can just abandon me like that than why the hell should I care!?” She went off

“Adam I’m coming with you on your journey, I’ll show him I can take care of myself!” She announced

“Umm, okay, if you want.” I said lightly

June grabbed me by the arm and pulled me just out of earshot of Lindsey.

“Are you sure about this?” she asked

“I don’t see why not.” I responded

“I do, don’t you see?!” she quietly yelled

“See what?” I asked

June shook her head negatively and walked away. I heard the doors to the lab slam open and a stream of flame went right over my head. June and I ducked down and I took a pokeball off my belt. We turned around to see what it was that had just tried to set us on fire. A tall man with dark hair wearing a white t shirt and shorts was standing next a growlithe.

“That makes sense, shouldn't have come here Adam.” I said to myself

Dasim22
04-06-2013, 07:01 AM
I casual in my chair in 4th interval, it was a huge space with 30 or so little workstations with most of their residents looking just as panel. It was wellness category and the instructor was going on about the bones or something of that type.

Elso579
04-07-2013, 02:35 AM
“So you're just going to leave the house a complete and total mess, and not expect us not look for you!” shouted an angry sounding man.

He was tall and broad, with black hair and wearing a white t shirt and black gym shorts.

“Yes father, I expected you to find a new maid.” I responded condescendingly

“You can’t possibly think you're competent enough take care of yourself.” My father insulted

“Now now Mr. Nealey, I am perfectly confident in your son’s abilities to take care of himself, if I had doubts I wouldn’t have sent him out on a journey.” Baobab interjected as he walked out into the garden.

“Well who asked you!?” My father asked rhetorically.

“That’s a fine looking growlithe you have their, how long have you had her?” Baobab asked

“Six years.” My father answered

“Well your son has had his pignite for less than six days, and he received it as a tepig.” Baobab bragged, “Your kid has talent and you need recognize it and support it or he will forever resent you!”

“If he has talent then he could beat me in battle.” My father challenged

“Are you up to that Adam?” Baobab asked politely.

I quickly ran the situation through my head, Lennon had just battled Lindsey’s cubone, and Arak does not obey me in addition to the type disadvantage. That left my rhyhorn, Rhy, who hasn’t been in a battle yet but had a strong type advantage.

“Yes, I’ll use my rhyhorn.” I said confidently

I threw the camo coloured pokeball in the air and in a flash of light the stone-plated quadrupedal pokemon revealed itself with a roar.

“Rhy! Rhyhorn!”

“Maggie agility!” My father commanded his growlithe.

Growlithe began to run around in order to pick up some speed.

“Rhy use take down!” I commanded.

Rhy began to run towards the dog pokemon with its head down. Just before Rhy hit Maggie the growlithe jumped out of the way and Rhy got his horn stuck in a tree. Rhy tried to pull itself out of the trunk of the tree but when it failed it began to thrash about.

“Oh no!” I shouted

“My pokemon can easily out speed yours, if you can’t see past a pokemon’s physical power then how will you ever be able to combat a pokemon you can’t hit?” My father taunted, “Better think fast! Maggie flamethrower!”

I quickly had an idea of what I could do to get rhyhorn out of that tree.

“Rhy use rock blast, quickly!” I shouted

“That was some quick thinking on Adam’s part.” Baobab commented.

Rhy shot a series of large rocks out of his mouth. The velocity from the rocks caused him to become dislodged from the tree. Rhy flew back about ten feet just avoiding the stream of flames coming from Maggie.

“Now use rock blast on Maggie!” I commanded

Rhy shot more rocks from his mouth, this time in the direction of the enemy.

“Maggie dodge and use fire fang!” My father shouted

Maggie jumped onto the rocks being launched at her and jumped from one rock to the next until she was close enough to bite Rhy. Maggie’s mouth filled with flames and she clamped down on Rhy’s horn!

“Rhyhorn!” Rhy shouted in pain

“Rhy grab Maggie’s paw with your mouth!”

Rhy threw Maggie off of him and quickly grabbed her foot, preventing her from running away.

“Flamethrower!” My father commanded

“Don’t let go!” I shouted

Maggie blew a stream of fire right into Rhy’s face but Rhy obediently hung on to her paw.

“Now slam her down onto the ground and use stomp!” I yelled

Rhy threw Maggie on the ground. The fire type tried to run but but Rhy threw his front foot onto her tail preventing her from going anywhere.

“Now finish it with rock blast!” I shouted

Rhy shot multiple rocks at Maggie and they all hit her causing her to be knocked back onto a rock.

“Argh! Maggie return!” My father cursed as he recalled his pokemon.

“Fine, a deal’s a deal, you can go on this journey and challenge the league. Chances are you will fail and come home before too long anyway.” My father said as he walked out into the parking lot.

“Wow Adam, that was an amazing battle!” Lindsey said excitedly, “That guy was a character though.”

“Meh, I’ve seen worse, I’ll be heading up to Palomar Mountain for a few days in order to train my pokemon, then I’m going to San Marcos to challenge the gym their.” I explained.

“Wait Adam, I want to come with you!” Lindsey said eagerly.

“Uh, sure if you want, June you’re coming too right?” I asked

“I don’t really think I can say no to that, now can I.” June said looking at Lindsey.

“Alright.” I said with little emotion, “Oh almost forgot, Rhy return.”

I recalled my rhyhorn to its pokeball.

“You guys should leave tomorrow it’s getting kind of late.” Baobab suggested

“You can stay at my house if you want my brother would love to meet you!” LIndsey offered, “Oh yeah, June you can stay to if you want.”

Lindsey didn’t have big house, it was small but very quaint. June, Lindsey and I walked into the house. A small kitchen was immediately to the right of the front door. To the left was a hallway and just a few steps in front was a living room.

In the kitchen a thin lady with long black hair done in a ponytail was pulling something out of the oven.

“Oh hi honey, who are your friends?” She asked

“This is Adam, and this is June their on a journey, collecting badges, Their passing through on their way to Palomar Mountain for training.” Lindsey explained

“Well thats cool, I’m LIndsey’s mother, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“I was wondering if it would be okay if they stayed here ‘til tomorrow morning?” Lindsey asked

“I’m good with that, Roger come here!” Lindsey’s mom yelled

A short boy with thick brown hair came running down the hall. He had a freckled face and was wearing a white collared shirt.

“Yes mother!” He said quickly

“Go clean your room, we have guests.” Lindsey’s mom ordered

Roger nodded and ran back down the hall.

“Are you guys hungry?” Lindsey’s mom asked

“Yeah, and thanks for letting us stay here.” June thanked.

“Yeah thanks.” I said awkwardly.

We all sat on the couch in the livingroom. In front of the couch was a large flat screen TV.

“Hey, the New York Open is on today, you guys want to watch?” Lindsey asked

“Yeah, Tanner told me Billy will in it.” Lindsey’s Mom answered

Lindsey pushed a few buttons on the remote and the channel changed. On the screen stood three men in suits at a table.

Elso579
04-07-2013, 02:35 AM
“Welcome back to PBN’s live coverage of the New York Open! Just a few hours ago 17 year old William Mason Jr, from the San Diego Region won his battle against Paul Javin and is moving on to final round!” One of the men said excitedly

“That’s him, he made it to the finals!” Lindsey shouted

“That’s right Bob, and in just a few minutes he will be facing the number one trainer in the United States, Alder Garcia!”

“So the question remains, does this kid really have what it takes to battle Alder?” One of the men asked

“Well we have seen both partys that each trainer has used throughout the tournament; Mason has used a Luxray, Umbreon, Sceptile, Charizard, Cacturne, and Zoroark while Alder uses, Accelgor, Bouffalant, Druddigon, Vanilluxe, Escavalier, and his ace pokemon Volcarona.” Another man explained

“Well I’m fairly certain that Alder will come out victorious, but it will be interesting to see if Mason can put up a good fight, it also important to note that Mason’s father won this tournament 15 years ago and he defeated Alder in the final round” The third man explained

“It looks like the battle is starting!” One man said as the camera cut to a battle field.

“Ladies and gentleman here in Yankee Stadium and those watching at home, we are proud to present the final round of the New York Open!” The announcer said excitedly.

“Today William Mason Jr, from Valley Center, California will be battling the number one trainer in the US Alder Garcia from Newark, New Jersey!”

Billy stood on the right side of the field he had short blond hair, and was wearing black jeans and a white polo shirt. Alder stood on the other side, he had long reddish hair and wore a beige poncho with six pokeballs attached. The referee threw his hand in the air and both trainers threw a pokeball onto the field. Alder sent out Escavalier while Billy sent out Umbreon.

A purple ray of light came from Umbreon’s eyes, it hit escavalier and it began to wander around the field in a confused state. Umbreon then shoots a red beam from its eyes but it didn’t seem to have any adverse effect on escavalier.

“Mason starts out strong with a confuse ray, mean look combo, what will Alder do to counter this!?” The announcer explained.

Billy then called his umbreon back and sent out a charizard.

Charizard shot a flamethrower at escavalier hitting it dead on.

“Mason hits hard with his charizard, but it seems like the flamethrower causes escavalier to snap out of his confusion!”

Escavalier charged Charizard with so much force you can see the air around it but Charizard flies out of the way. Escavalier manages to stop itself from hitting the wall though.

“It almost hit the wall.” I noted

“You mean like your rhyhorn?” Lindsey said sarcastically

Charizard finished off Escavalier with another flamethrower! Alder then sent out Druddigon.

“So Alder ops for dragon vs dragon!” The announcer exclaimed

Druddigon hit charizard with its fist engulfed in dark energy.

Charizard flew back into the wall and he was ruled unable to battle.

“Druddigon uses payback to avenge Escavalier!”

Billy then sent out Luxray and it hit druddigon with claws that appeared out of nowhere. Druddigon was barely affected.

“That was shadow claw, but I’ve never seen a Luxray use that move before!” the announcer said astonishedly

Druddigon hit back with a dragon claw attack and Luxray was revealed to be a zoroark.

“Amazing Luxray was actually Zoroark in disguise!”

Zoroark tried another shadow claw but was countered by Druddigon and sent flying by the dragon pokemon.

“That was superpower amazing!”

Zoroark was ruled unable to battle and Billy sent out Umbreon. Umbreon Tried to use confuse ray but missed and was knocked out by Druddigon’s Superpower. Billy then sent out the real Luxray. Luxray went for a thunder fang but was knocked back by dragon claw. Luxray then stared at Druddigon viciously.

“That’s Luxray’s scary face, it slows down the opponent!”

Luxray then shot an immensely powerful beam from its mouth, hitting Druddigon and knocking it out!

“Luxray’s hyper beam is powerful, what pokemon will Alder use next?” The announcer asked.

Alder sent out Volcorana.

“Alder’s not messing around anymore!”

Billy recalled Luxray and sent out Cacturne. Volcarona used its wings to create loud vibrations that forced Cacturne to the floor. Cacturne was ruled unable to battle and Billy sent Luxray back out.

“Volcarona's bug buzz knocked that cacturne out in one hit!”

Volcarona used hyper beam and Luxray fired its hyper beam. The two powerful attacks collided and a huge explosion ensued.

“I can’t see a thing who came out victorious!?”

When the smoke cleared both pokemon were still up but were extremely weakened. After a few seconds Luxray fell and the battle was over.

“That’s it Volcarona came out victorious and Alder wins the New York Open!”

“Wow that was a great battle, too bad Billy lost.” Lindsey said calmly

“It is to be expected, Alder is a much better trainer, well I’m going to head off to bed I hope you two have a great nights sleep.” Lindsey’s mom said happily as she walked down the hall.

After she went to bed Lindsey, June and I stayed in the living room for a a couple of hours before heading off to bed.

Elso579
08-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Sorry it's been so long for those of you that have been reading, and to new readers I suggest you start form the beginning. I have found new motivation to right so you will be seeing plenty of these new chapters on this story specifically although none of my stories are canceled I just need to focus on one at a time. So without further ado chapter 14!

================================================== ==================

We all decided to head off to bed a few hours after the match had ended. Lindsey had directed me to her brother’s room. I wasn’t even aware she had a brother; he never left his room the whole time I had been their. Lindsey had opened the door slowly. A younger boy of about 12 or 13 years old was sitting at a computer with expensive looking headphones on. He had a curly brown hair that was done up in such a way that it appeared as if he was growing an afro. Lindsey walked in and yanked them off his head.

“Hey!” he scoffed

“This is Adam, he’s staying in your room tonight.” She explained

“Why does nobody tell me these things?” he complained

“Because Ray, you never leave your room!” Lindsey mocked

Lindsey left and shut the door behind her. After she left I looked around the room for a bit and I saw that the area was absolutely immaculate, and that their was technology everywhere. There was a computer or TV screen mounted on every single wall.

“What’s all this for?” I asked

“Ah let me give you the grand tour of my humble abode!” he said proudly

He first pointed me towards the computer he was already sitting at..

“This is my gaming rig” he explained, “I’m most proud of it because I have more RAM than everybody in this town combined, 32 gigs as well as a quad core processor!”

I had no idea what he was talking about but I just nodded my head as he rolled over to another desk. This one had several monitors labeled as different rooms in the house. Most of them were showing a black and white footage of different rooms: The kitchen, the living room, mom’s room and Lindsey’s room. Strangely the one labeled Lindsey’s room was blank There was also a monitor that cycled through footage from outside the house.

“This is how I keep tabs on what is going on around the house.” Ray explained

I looked at him like he was crazy.

“Eh, why do you have camera’s in every room in the house?” I reluctantly asked

“Well not every room,” He continued, “None in the bathroom, because that’s just gross and and I vowed never to turn on the cameras in Lindsey’s room ever again.”

“And why’s that?” I asked

“An absolutely unspeakable incident when that Tanner fella dropped by one night while my mother was working the night shift.” He said while cringing

“uhh, okay, um I’ll just go sleep on the couch I wouldn’t want to mess up your room.” I said as I went for the door.

“Ah, but wait!” He said as my hand rested on the doorknob, “don’t you want to see my camera’s in action?”

“No.” I thought to myself as I walked back into the room.

“Alright, now I said I would never turn the Camera’s back on but the mic is always on, let’s just turn the sound up here.” He said as he twisted a knob on the monitor.

The sound clicked on and immediately we could hear sounds coming from the room.

“So, you and Adam... you know.” I heard the slightly distorted voice of Lindsey say.

“Oh no, he’s just my bodyguard.” I heard June say while giggling

“hehe, really now.” Lindsey laughed

“Yeah, my dad sent me over here to study pokemon habitats and in order to do that I have to travel around.” June explained

“So you met through Professor Baobab?” Lindsey asked

“Yeah, he and my father are friends and I guess he didn’t want me traveling around America alone.” June explained

“Haha, so back to Adam, so if you're not into him you don’t mind if I gave it a shot?” Lindsey asked quietly

“Ah sure but I don’t think he’s your type.” June said defensively

“Oh, heh, perhaps not, but you never know!” Lindsey said nervously

“And aren’t you with that Tanner guy?” June asked

“Eh, he’s okay, I guess, but really our relationship isn’t really going anywhere and he can be a real jerk sometimes.” Lindsey explained

“Oh, well I’m sorry to hear that.” June apologized

Ray cut the audio off.

“Now I see your interest has peaked in my surveillance.” Ray said smiling

“I think it’s incredibly creepy, and I’m going to pretend like I never heard any of that!” I lied

“You my friend, are a terrible liar,” Ray chuckled,” but don’t worry I don’t care what you plan on doing with my sister, just keep it out of sight of my camera’s please.”

“Will do.” I said as I backed up towards the door.

He didn’t say anything so I just left and went to go sleep on the couch. I saw that it was 10:30 at night so I decided to go immediately to sleep. I grabbed a blanket off of the couch and laid down. I tried to sleep but thoughts of what I had heard were racing through my head. Was that all true? Was Lindsey into me? Why would she be anyway? I managed to put all of it in the back of my mind and I went to sleep.

Elso579
08-16-2013, 02:22 PM
It seemed like only an instant but I awoke, groggy but awake. I saw a short female figure opening the front door and walking out. I didn’t know who it was, whether or not it was June, Lindsey or even her mother but I decided to follow her. I grabbed one of my pokeballs from off the coffee table and threw it into my pocket. I didn’t know which one but I knew it wasn’t Arak since I keep him stowed away in my bag. I but my shoes on and walked out the door and quietly shut the door behind me. I walked toward the road and looked around the corner. I saw the figure moving at a slow pace away from me. I still couldn’t make out who it was as she was wearing a purple hoodie. I began to follow her. The cold air almost deterred me from doing so but something told me I needed to follow her. After two minutes of following her I was tempted to just yell to get her attention but suddenly a large, black, dog-like pokemon with horns growing out of its head jumped from the bushes and attacked the girl. She started to scream and I ran towards her as I took the pokeball out of my pocket. I threw the pokeball when I was about halfway to her. Lennon came out of the ball and the black pokemon took notice of him and shot a stream of flames at it.

I took out my phone and scanned the pokemon.

“Houndoom, The Dark Pokemon, The flames it breathes when angry contain toxins. If they cause a burn, it will hurt forever.”

“Lennon, Arm Thrust!” I yelled

Lennon began to punch the houndoom repeatedly. Houndoom began to breath in and huff up.

“Lennon get out of the way!”

Lennon ducked into the bushes as a cloud of purple smoke came from the pokemon’s mouth.

“Now Lennon, Arm Thrust one more time!” I commanded

Lennon jumped out of the bush and went to attack the houndoom. The Dark Pokemon ran off and Lennon began to follow it.

“Let it go!” I shouted as I was running towards the girl laying on the sidewalk.

Lennon ceased to run after the houndoom and returned to me.

“Thanks bud, return.” I thanked as I recalled Lennon

I knelt down by the girl to see who she was.

“Hey, you alright?” I asked in a worried tone.

She mumbled something unintelligible and began to sit up

“careful, be slow.” I said calmly

“I’m fine Adam, just a little shook up.” She said

I recognized her voice, it was Lindsey. She took off her hood and looked at me. She smiled lightly and kissed me on the cheek.

“Thanks!” Lindsey said as she began to stand up.

“Let me help you.” I said as I took her by the arm.

“I’m fine!” She said playfully, “You got here fast enough.”

“That’s a relief, what are you doing out here so early?” I asked

“No particular reason, I like taking walks in the morning.” She explained, “Come with me, let’s finish that walk.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to go back and lie down?” I asked worryingly

“I’m fine Adam, gosh, let’s go, I want to show you something.” She said as she signaled for me to follow her

We walked about a mile up the road until we got to a park. Funny enough the park was named Adam’s Park although it had nothing to do with me. The gates were chained shut.

“What are we doing here?” I asked

“I’ll show you.” She said playfully, “But first we need to get into the park.”

She grabbed my hand and led me up around the fence until we found a tree.

“Alright we have to climb this tree and follow the branches over the fence.” Lindsey explained

Lindsey took off her jacket and used it to inch her way up the tree until she got to a sizable branch to perch herself on.

“Well, what are you waiting for, come on!” Lindsey encouraged

I began to do the same with my jacket but found little success. Eventually though I made it to the branch that Lindsey was sitting on.

“Alright, see that rock, jump off their.” She instructed

Lindsey took the lead and slowly negotiated the branch. until she reached the end and jumped off, grabbing the branch before finally landing. I did the same thing, albeit almost losing my balance many times as well as missing the rock and landing in a pile of leaves.

“Hehehe” Lindsey giggled, “Come on graceful almost their.”

I brushed myself off and followed Lindsey all the way an area with a lot of thick brush and trees.

“Okay stick close and follow me.” Lindsey said as she grabbed my hand once again

“What are you bringing me out here for?” I asked

“I want to show you something no one else but me knows about, my dirty little secret I guess.” She explained

We continued to navigate the brush until we came to a small hill covered by heavy amounts of foliage.

“Okay here we are.” She said while taking a deep breath

“Where?” I asked

Lindsey pulled away some brush revealing a small cavern. I followed her into the cavern until we came to a more open room.

“Hey guys, I’m back!” Lindsey said excitedly

All of the sudden six pokemon came out of hiding and into the main chamber.

The first was a small, pink, blob like pokemon with small featureless eyes, I matched the description of the Pokemon Ditto that I learned about in biology class. The second was a pokemon I recognized, a Ledian, common sights in gardens. The third was a Venomoth, I always hated the buggers but this one seemed friendly enough. Next was a blue, furry, winged pokemon that looked like a larger version of Angelica’s woobat. A large, shell that turned around to reveal its black inner face. And finally a large, majestic, bird pokemon that I recognized right way as swanna.

I scanned all of the pokemon with my phone.

“Ditto, the Transform Pokemon, It can reconstitute its entire cellular structure to change into what it sees, but it returns to normal when it relaxes.”

“Ledian, The Five Star Pokemon, It uses starlight as energy. When more stars appear at night, the patterns on its back grow larger.”

“Venomoth, The Poison Moth Pokemon, It flutters its wings to scatter dust like scales. The scales leach toxins if they contact skin.”

“Swoobat, The Courting Pokemon, It shakes its tail vigorously when it emits ultrasonic waves strong enough to reduce concrete to rubble.”

“Cloyster, The Bivalve Pokemon, It fights by keeping its shell tightly shut for protection and by shooting spikes to repel foes.”

“Swanna, The White Bird Pokemon, Despite their elegant appearance, they can flap their wings strongly and fly for thousands of miles.”

“Maybe I should explain things first.” Lindsey said as she sat down on the stone floor.

I followed suit as she began her story.

“Well first of all that time you battled me with that cubone, he was just a family pet, I sometimes carry him around with me in his pokeball, but these guys are my real pokemon.” She explained as her swanna walked up to her and nuzzled its head against her arm.

“As you can see I’m very close with these pokemon and I’ve raised them since they were babies. All of them were abandoned by their trainers. I brought them all here and nursed them back to health. Now I know you might be asking why keep all this a secret, well I brought up becoming a trainer and he was against it, he has some control issues and that’s why I’m glad he’s out of my life now. I kept taking in abandon pokemon and I started to train them. I loved it we would battle wild pokemon at night. I kinda feel bad taking all that pokemon food from the Professor but he never notices.”

“Wow that’s... really cool.” I said admiringly

“Heh, thanks, you see now that Tanner’s out of my life I want to challenge the gym leaders and get to the Pokemon League Tournament. That’s where you come in, you're doing the same thing right?” Lindsey asked

“Yeah, I already have one badge.” I told her

“I know that.” Lindsey said quietly

“What’s wrong?” I asked

“I’m just worried, what if we meet Tanner on our journey?” She worried

I stood up in front of her.

“Then you will meet him in glorious battle and prove your worth as a trainer!” I exclaimed

Lindsey smiled and stood up. She took six pokeballs out of her pocket and turned towards her pokemon.

“He’s right guys! We’re going to challenge the pokemon league!” Lindsey exclaimed

Her pokemon cheered so loudly I was afraid the ground above us would collapse.

Main Character Teams:

Adam:

Lennon (Pignite) Level 20 Male

Rhy (Rhyhorn) Level 23 Male
Moves: Rock Blast, Horn Attack, Stomp, Bulldoze

June:

Raion (Shinx) Level 13 Female