PDA

View Full Version : Little Busters! Thread

Shaymin
10-29-2012, 11:16 PM
I find the lack of Little Busters! disturbing, despite that I know some people here on the forums that like it.

So for those of you who don't know, I'll give the synopsis. Little Busters! is basically about this boy named Riki Naoe who has narcolepsy, a sleeping disorder. One day, he joined this band of 4 kids (group, whatever) called the "Little Busters!". Now, where the story of Little Busters! takes place, all the members of Little Busters! have grown into high school students, the leader being a 3rd year, and the other members 2nd years.

I also want to say that Little Busters! has been recently turned into an anime (for those you who haven't checked the list of Summer and Fall anime for 2012). From what I've seen through comments on the website I'm watching Little Busters! on, it seems the anime will follow Komari Kamikita's route. Since I don't own the visual novel, I have to look for videos of it on Youtube (that also means I mix up characters route a lot of times 'cause of memory problems).

So yeah, any thoughts on the visual novel or the anime?

Spitfire
10-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Some people like it? Try much of the staff. Image relevant.

http://i.imgur.com/89I2q.jpg

Shaymin
10-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Some people like it? Try much of the staff.

Much of the staff?! Holy smokes, I only knew that Majorasfan and Xpl liked it.

Uzi
10-30-2012, 02:36 AM
Much of the staff?! Holy smokes, I only knew that Majorasfan and Xpl liked it.

Too bad they only log on once a year.

Kudo da bess.

Majorasfan
10-31-2012, 12:33 PM
^ Basically what Uzi said. A Majority of the staff has read Little Busters at some point or another. Anyway..

First, let me just let you know - the anime will be following Komari's route for a few episodes, but I'm pretty sure the anime will bounce through a few routes before it's over (Hopefully they do Haruka's route soon. <3)

Anyway, I've completed the Visual Novel, and I'm on top of the anime as well. Compared some of Key's other works, it's funnier in general, but not as sad imo. It's a great story, and the "refrain" ending section is great - can't wait to see it animated. The anime is doing a pretty good job of adapting it, so I recommend the anime to anyone who can't read the VN. The colors re a little bright in the anime, but I personally really like the job they've done so far. They captured the spirit of the game in my opinion, so it's pretty good.

I'm also hoping Saya Tokido, a Little Busters E character that I haven't seen yet, appears in the anime as a major character. She's the missing tsundere of the series, and that would make my day. <3

XpL
10-31-2012, 02:53 PM
I wonder what made you suspect I like LB.

Kyousuke is my god.

Komari's route is about 3 episodes. If each route is given 3 episodes, theoretically they can fit all of Rin2 and Refrain as well within 1 season. Of course we'd like that it didn't but so far the low budget points that way.

Mio is introduced after Komari's route for a good reason. I think it's some beastly foreshadowing.

Saya is OVA material. Absolutely no way she can fit elsewhere.

Majorasfan
10-31-2012, 08:32 PM
I just heard a report that there will be 26 episodes with LB, but they said they WILL be covering every arc in the game, so this might mean another season or something. We'll be staying tuned!

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-10-31/little-busters-producer/anime-to-cover-everything-even-though-26-episodes-is-not-enough

EpicCh33se
02-02-2013, 07:56 PM
So, I got Little Busters EX and have been playing for a while. 5 days, as of right now. I'm trying to play each day in accordance to reality. So if it's Monday ingame, I'll play that on Monday. Tuesday, Tuesday, etc. I've read on VNDB that the game is over 50 hours, so it might take some time before I finish it xD. It's pretty good so far. The baseball game is today, so I hope the Little Busters win. I'm not actually in a route yet, but I'll play the game Komari, Mio, Rin, Yuiko, Haruka, Kud, then Rin. I'd like to start with Kud first, but I have to play in this order because of the extra scenes that will get locked if I beat any other route first. Can't wait until I get to Refrain. I'm even more hyped after reading some comments about how sad it is on Youtube (I'm trying to avoid as many spoilers as possible). Also, I will finish the visual novel before watching the anime, so I can get the full experience first.

WAFU~~~~~~

Merga
02-02-2013, 08:05 PM
So I am at episode 5 right now, and this series is actually pretty fantastic. I think that I am kicking myself right now because my favorite character is Masato, and not a female character like everybody else, but I think it's because I'm not far enough. For those who are missing the battle rankings, this is the closest that you will get as of now.

Uzi
02-03-2013, 04:09 PM
don't feel bad mega. that was a few months ago.

masato is now the only relevant character to anyone.

XpL
02-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Masato is arguably the most important character.

Shaymin
05-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Well, Little Busters! is done. At least we have Little Busters! Refrain (AKA, the second season) to look forward to! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAhSGgH2iv8&feature=player_embedded

sonriopoby123
05-18-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm astonished that I never found this.

I'm watching the anime atm, and I love it. Haruka is my favorite character, and her route end is just gut wrenching. I can't stand Riki's voice though. XD

I'm hoping to get my hands on the VN soon. I'm looking at videos of it, and it looks pretty fun.

Maybe then I'll play Ecstasy as well >:3

Patriot
05-19-2013, 03:15 PM

I'm watching the anime atm, and I love it. Haruka is my favorite character, and her route end is just gut wrenching. I can't stand Riki's voice though. XD

I'm hoping to get my hands on the VN soon. I'm looking at videos of it, and it looks pretty fun.

Eh, I guess I'll watch this after I finish Nichijou and Clannad, and maybe I'll play the VN when I (if ever) finish Majikoi.

(don't disappoint me)

Zachgoose
05-21-2013, 01:22 AM

Haruka best girl Haruka best girl Haruka best girl.

(I can't stand the anime period btw. The VN was great though).

XpL
05-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Haruka best girl Haruka best girl Haruka best girl.

(I can't stand the anime period btw. The VN was great though).

at least mio's route in the anime is only about 4, 20 minute episodes. Felt like decades in the VN.

Zachgoose
05-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Random shot at Mio. I see how it is.

The only route that really felt "long" to me was Haruka's route.

Tainers14
05-22-2013, 01:28 AM
Masato is arguably the most important character. ;D

Uzi
05-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Masato is broken by design

Patriot
05-22-2013, 09:42 PM
So wait, should I watch the anime first and then play the VN, so I won't be disappointed by the adaption, or should I play the VN first and then not watch the anime realizing it's a ****ty adaption?

#firstworldproblems

XpL
05-22-2013, 10:28 PM
VN then anime unless you want to make the VN a horrible experience.

Patriot
05-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Getting confused reading the Little Busters TLWiki page...
1. EX is Ecstasy, and ME is Memorial Edition, right?
2. Are they both translated completely?

EpicCh33se
05-25-2013, 08:50 PM
OKEY OKEY OKEY OKEY OKEY, PATRIOT SOME LB TRIVIA TIMMEEEEEEE

There are 4 (6) versions of Little Busters.

1.Original
2.Ecstasy (EX) [Extra lines, routes, and *** scenes added to every route]
3.Memorial (ME) [EX version but with *** scenes taken out]
4.Perfect (PE) [ME version but with even more extra lines, resolution options, and 1 or 2 new CGs]
5.Converted (1) [ME but for consoles]
6.Converted (2) [PE but for consoles]

The original version has been translated completely. Translation is in progress for EX, and you can see the progress here. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?pli=1&key=0Am1pV7ssY0D7dExyd3NxUTNGNUFHRWNLZjV3em8xbEE#g id=0)
As you can see, it says ME in the title, but it's essentially the same thing. Translation is about halfway done, so it should be finished sometime next year. Progress is slow because of lack of translators.

But here's the thing. Along with the original game, the translation patch for the original game is compatible with EX and ME (not sure about PE). However, if you apply it to EX or ME, it will take out any extra lines and *** scenes in the common, original, and Refrain routes. The bonus routes will stay intact along with its *** scenes, but because of the patch, there is a bug that will cause those routes to NOT unlock after beating Refrain. To play the extra routes, you'll have to delete your save file and select "Yes" when it asks you if you know the secret of the world.

There is also a bonus patch that is only compatible with the original game. It adds word wrap throughout the game, and it adds a ton of extra voice clips from Converted (1).

sonriopoby123
05-27-2013, 06:10 AM
OKEY OKEY OKEY OKEY OKEY, PATRIOT SOME LB TRIVIA TIMMEEEEEEE

There are 4 (6) versions of Little Busters. [Not counting Kud Wafter]

1.Original
2.Ecstasy (EX) [Extra lines, routes, and *** scenes added to every route]
3.Memorial (ME) [EX version but with *** scenes taken out]
4.Perfect (PE) [ME version but with even more extra lines, resolution options, and 1 or 2 new CGs]
5.Converted (1) [ME but for consoles]
6.Converted (2) [PE but for consoles]

The original version has been translated completely. Translation is in progress for EX, and you can see the progress here. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?pli=1&key=0Am1pV7ssY0D7dExyd3NxUTNGNUFHRWNLZjV3em8xbEE#g id=0)
As you can see, it says ME in the title, but it's essentially the same thing. Translation is about halfway done, so it should be finished sometime next year. Progress is slow because of lack of translators.

But here's the thing. Along with the original game, the translation patch for the original game is compatible with EX and ME (not sure about PE). However, if you apply it to EX or ME, it will take out any extra lines and *** scenes in the common, original, and Refrain routes. The bonus routes will stay intact along with its *** scenes, but because of the patch, there is a bug that will cause those routes to NOT unlock after beating Refrain. To play the extra routes, you'll have to delete your save file and select "Yes" when it asks you if you know the secret of the world.

There is also a bonus patch that is only compatible with the original game. It adds word wrap throughout the game, and it adds a ton of extra voice clips from Converted (1).
>process says Sashimi Supersassy

Did you come up with this or what cause they're geniuses.

TM48
05-27-2013, 09:20 AM
Added to my anime list! Will get back to you on that!

Uzi
05-27-2013, 09:35 AM
kud wafter is like that one dumb clannad spinoff

its not a "version" of little busters at all

2bad we all know that little busters is lame and that the new hotness is samurai champloo

XpL
05-27-2013, 11:13 AM
i kno the secret of the world hue hue hue

Uzi
05-27-2013, 04:03 PM
i kno the secret of the world hue hue hue

l a m e
a m e l
m e l a
e l a m

l a m e
a m e
m e
e

e m a l
m a l
a l
l

Patriot
05-27-2013, 05:34 PM

its not a "version" of little busters at all

2bad we all know that little busters is lame and that the new hotness is samurai champloo

ololo uzi faps to afros duh

Uzi
05-27-2013, 06:07 PM
afro samurai is not samurai champloo

even though both are objectively better

EpicCh33se
05-27-2013, 09:24 PM

http://www.businessinsider.com/image/4fdb51aceab8eaa52a000021/kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

U WOT M8
U WOT M8
U WOT M8
U WOT M8

sonriopoby123
06-02-2013, 06:29 AM
I'm wondering if they'll be covering Kurugaya's route in Refrain (anime), as it wasn't in season 1. I'm hoping there's a chance of them covering the extra routes with Sasami and Saya, as Konata was basically Haruka's route in her story.

Uzi
06-02-2013, 03:13 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/image/4fdb51aceab8eaa52a000021/kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

U WOT M8
U WOT M8
U WOT M8
U WOT M8

http://vndb.org/v12
tomoyo after to clannad is kud wafter to lb

mentioning kud wafter in a list of lb versions is like me saying that the beatles rockband is a different version of rockband 2

XpL
06-02-2013, 04:29 PM
uzi with the analogies. nearly as relevant as thomas aquinas.

kurugaya's route bridges the gap before rin 2 by creating suspicion. to lay people it'll be like "omgwtf" to people who played the silly VN, it'll be ****s and giggles all day.

sonriopoby123
06-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Haruka : "Wanna do 'it' with me?"
Riki : "Do what?"
Haruka : "When I say 'it', I mean 'it'. First it's like 'nnh', then there's 'hnng', and then its time for the sticky stuff."
Riki : "nnh, then hnng, then sticky?"
Haruka : "And it'll feel really good~"

And this is before they fix a bench.

Uzi
06-09-2013, 03:09 PM
uzi with the analogies. nearly as relevant as thomas aquinas.

it doesnt matter how relevant i am because neither of them are canon since they are just the chars that are liked by key staff

DarkSide
06-21-2013, 12:57 AM
I'm probably going to be shunned off this forum but :nevreness:...I'v never seen Little Buster's, Haven't even heard of until I seen this Thread. It dose sound instating though. Sometime I'll cheek in out on YouTube er...I mean MyAnimeList or something:victorious:.

EDIT: Oh my gosh I just realized I misspelled Forum!!! :disgust:

Patriot
06-21-2013, 02:09 AM
I'm probably going to be shunned off this fourm but :nevreness:...I'v never seen Little Buster's, Haven't even heard of until I seen this Thread. It dose sound instating though. Sometime I'll cheek in out on YouTube :victorious:.

Sometime I'll cheek in out on YouTube :victorious:.

cheek

YouTube
streaming anime... on youtube...

what has happened to this generation

EpicCh33se
06-21-2013, 03:06 AM
I'll cheek in out on YouTube.

Eh... Youtube isn't a good place to "check it out" if meaning learning more about it. You're better off on sites like vndb or MyAnimeList. Wikipedia, even. Youtube IS a good palce, however, for gameplay and clips and stuff. If you want to stream, it's better to watch it on an actual anime streaming site like Crunchyroll. The subs there aren't always the best though...

Shaymin
08-02-2013, 01:27 PM
http://www.litbus-anime.com/

Gaiz, Little Busters! Refrain is confirmed to come this October. Get the hype

To do list:
Buy Little Busters! *check!*
Play through Refrain after every other route

Majorasfan
08-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Yup, here's the preview for all interested for Refrain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAhSGgH2iv8&feature=player_embedded

This basically confirms Kurugaya's route and Rin 2 are gonna be in season 2 before Refrain. Like Xplicitable said above, for those of us who have read the VN, this is going to just be fun to watch those who haven't go through this. For those who haven't, prepare yourselves. xD

I actually never finished the anime series, but I cleared the VN 100%. I plan to finish the anime up by October so I can watch Refrain.

EpicCh33se
08-02-2013, 08:47 PM
About Refrain

1. Mio's original voice actor is coming back!
2. Opening theme is by Jun Maeda and it's called Boys be Smile. Sounds like it's based off of Boys Don't Cry or something.
3. Ending theme is Kimi to no Nakushi Mono by Shinji Orito.

http://dalian.7thstyle.com/2013/07/jc-staff-little-busters-refrain-october-2013-seventhstyle-002-614x460.jpg
So much suffering

Update1: Episode 1 will be shown in a screening in Tokyo on September 16th. Hope for someone to catch some footage with their cameras or something.

XpL
08-02-2013, 09:36 PM
boys dont cry best character theme

Patriot
08-03-2013, 04:24 AM
inb4 another VN anime adaption ruined by JC Staff.

the tsukihime anime does not exist

XpL
08-03-2013, 06:21 AM
The first season was well received. Well received in the sense that it didn't crash and burn from episode 1 and was, at times enjoyable. I would be lying if I could not say that some issues were present, such as animation style, use of stock music and interpretation of the story. Still, the adaptation at least remains close to the source material.

Uzi
08-03-2013, 07:46 AM
direct adaptions are lame you need to change it around a bit for people who have already read the source

theres like negative reason to do something then do the exact same thing again

in this case you're watching a 30 minute episode and reading a 50 hour vn

XpL
08-03-2013, 11:38 PM
well there's direct and "direct". Is a somewhat direct approach not better than a merely "influenced" approach?

Majorasfan
08-03-2013, 11:54 PM
direct adaptions are lame you need to change it around a bit for people who have already read the source

theres like negative reason to do something then do the exact same thing again

in this case you're watching a 30 minute episode and reading a 50 hour vn
People will complain either way, in my opinion. If you keep it exactly the same, then it won't be exciting to the people who read the VN, and the VN will be infinitely "better" because it has more content than the anime can ever show. However, if they change things, then is it really an adaption of the VN in the same sense? It's really hard to change story bits without making those that HAVE read angry. "What is this? This didn't happen in the original. This is a horrible adaption!"

THe moral of the story, is some people will be disappointed either approach they take, and people starting with the anime will be none the wiser. The F/SN anime adapted the middle of the story horribly, but you only know that if you read the VN. I personally think an anime adaption should stay as close as possible to the VN adaption, because even though I know the story, I enjoy seeing the animation, etc. but there are a lot of ways to look at it. I think Clannad and After Story did well because, for the format of the VN, they kept every important bit with the routes (if you include the OVAs) and still delivered the emotional punches. I haven't finished the LB anime yet, but it was doing well, from that viewpoint.

EpicCh33se
08-15-2013, 03:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNEQUd7BT_U&feature=c4-overview&list=UUUP-RincUdhEMrf6CqogVSA

Get hyped

Oh god the suffering.

Great choice of music here. Faraway is the way to go.
DAT OP SONG

Really liking the animation here, it looks way better than the first season. It's just a PV though, so I wonder how different the final product will be.

sonriopoby123
08-15-2013, 04:13 PM
While I'm hyped for the 2nd season, we'll be getting a treat on the 28th, since that's when the OVA will come out. Beach episode and Mask the Saito are in it. :3

XpL
08-15-2013, 08:55 PM
While I'm hyped for the 2nd season, we'll be getting a treat on the 28th, since that's when the OVA will come out. Beach episode and Mask the Saito are in it. :3

reminder that beach episode will make 0 sense.

reminder that kud is literally the devil.

sonriopoby123
08-15-2013, 11:13 PM
reminder that beach episode will make 0 sense.

reminder that kud is literally the devil.

if she is then i support it

EpicCh33se
09-16-2013, 03:51 PM
OMSGSGKLDFSNGL

Little Busters: EX anime is now green-lit.

They will animate the 3 additional routes added the in VN version of EX.

http://litbus-anime.com/ex/index.html
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-09-16/little-busters-ex-anime-green-lit

At this moment, it is not known what format the anime will take.

OMGOMGOMG SAYASAYASAYASAYA

sonriopoby123
09-16-2013, 11:37 PM
didnt i tell you

EpicCh33se
10-05-2013, 03:19 AM
So a 10 minute preview of the first episode came out today. Here's the OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2dShslP8eQ
It's surprisingly good.

Here's a live version of the ED: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VeTpiI4aK0

@sonrio late at posting, yeah. I had stuff to do man

sonriopoby123
10-05-2013, 04:47 AM
ur l8

Totally staying up until 7 AM to watch it

XpL
11-12-2014, 05:03 AM
bumping this so remind sonrio kud is worst girl

Bricktoad
11-12-2014, 05:32 AM
i hate you

sonriopoby123
11-12-2014, 11:17 PM
>still thinks kurugaya is best

EpicCh33se
11-12-2014, 11:31 PM
^ rip little busters

sonriopoby123
11-13-2014, 12:06 AM
ex patch is at 99% https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?pli=1&key=0Am1pV7ssY0D7dExyd3NxUTNGNUFHRWNLZjV3em8xbEE