PDA

View Full Version : BB Code in the Chatbox.

Dabottle
11-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I wish to address two things in this suggestion, even if it will probably be ignored, like the rest of them (that's exaggeration, btw, kids).

The first is the inability to use bold and italic codes. I understood the necessity to remove underline, size and font codes a few months back, but I still don't understand why bold and italics were removed. Italics are incredibly useful for emphasising things and bold text is pretty nice too. It wouldn't hurt to have them, so can we please have them back?

The second is the ability to use quote, code and spoiler codes. It's incredibly irritating when some fool thinks they're hilarious for using quotes in the chatbox, or for posting something in a spoiler tag. It also upsets the chatbox until it goes off the screen. Can they please be removed?

Also, can we have our date format option? : (

pikachumaster
11-07-2012, 09:57 PM
I support this.
In a sort of related note, can you also make it to use more BB Code in VMs?

Tuxy
11-07-2012, 10:02 PM
I support this.
In a sort of related note, can you also make it to use more BB Code in VMs?

This too. The striked BB code is essential for good VMs.
But I also support the original idea. Especially getting rid of spoiler and quote tags on the chatbox.

pikachumaster
11-07-2012, 10:05 PM
I finally came up with a good idea! WOOTER!

^ That is one reason we need BB Code in VMs and the Chatbox. That is what makes them good.

BreeZaps
11-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Well this is a good idea Pengy. But Zach won't be on untill this weekend, so we will have to wait. Unless Nick Does something about it.
And Pikachu Master, This code does work in the chat

pikachumaster
11-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Bree, I know strikethrough code works in tha chat. It was an example.

Champion Cynthia
11-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Table in chat
wat
wat

TAIBLE IN CHAT D:
wut
wut

table in chat
no
no

Having Tables in teh chat might not go weell

all and [VIDEO] are bad in chatbox. Fonts may be good Size could be abused Bold [I]Italics and Underline can be useful to point out certain words.

Dabottle
11-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Did you actually read the OP, Cynthia?

Merga
11-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Table in chat
wat
wat

TAIBLE IN CHAT D:
wut
wut

table in chat
no
no

Having Tables in teh chat might not go weell

all and [VIDEO] are bad in chatbox. Fonts may be good Size could be abused Bold [I]Italics and Underline can be useful to point out certain words.

We don't need fonts. Fonts are for the people who just want attention imo. Plus they could be very detracting for a chatbox. In fact, we don't need bold, italics, or underline.

Bricktoad
11-09-2012, 11:07 PM
bold, italics, and underline is starting to create spam, same as strikethrough and other BB code, and if we had size option back, I swear that would be the worst. We dont need spam, kiddies, dont abuse BB code.

However, I think spoilers in the chatbox are a necessary BB code, because just in case theres an actual spoiler.

pikachumaster
11-09-2012, 11:26 PM
bold, italics, and underline is starting to create spam, same as strikethrough and other BB code, and if we had size option back, I swear that would be the worst. We dont need spam, kiddies, dont abuse BB code.

However, I think spoilers in the chatbox are a necessary BB code, because just in case theres an actual spoiler.

We already have strikethrough in the chat. Bold, italics, and underline are in the chat and VMs. Size shouldn't be added, Quote either. We don't need quotes in the chat. Font should be okay. Maybe. URL, I don't know it it already is in the chat. Image and video, absolutely not.

Dabottle
11-10-2012, 12:35 AM
just in case theres an actual spoiler.

Private messaging exists for a reason, as do threads.

Zachgoose
11-10-2012, 08:44 PM
I should have enabled Bold and Italics again. Let me know if there are any problems.

If there are abused by the users, I will remove them again. Please note that they are meant to be used sparingly. Do not post exclusively in one or the other.

pikachumaster
11-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Awesome, Zach! Thanks!