PDA

View Full Version : Zackezon's Story

Austin
11-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Well, I'm tired of songs and I've been itching to type a story, and what better place than here?(don't answer that) So here it is! (I'll try to find out title..) and this is based on the book "the Outsiders"

It was a cool August morning, with a breeze perfect for summer sports. Jimmy, whom was a thirteen year old kid that loved to camp, found this day a great one to camp.
"Dad, we should go camping," said Jimmy.
"Jim, I already told you that we can't camp in this neighborhood," said his father, whose name was John and he was not looking up from the newspaper that he was reading. Jimmy lived in a place of violence. Any criminal charge that you know, residents of that neighborhood have seen it. Jimmy's older brother, Josh, then went in the living room, where Jimmy and his father was at.
"Dad?," said Josh, age sixteen-going-on-seventeen. John sighed. "What do you want?" said John
"I want to spend the night at Chris's, so I could, y'know, get my mind off of mom." John sighed. John has lost his wife to cancer two days before today.
"Could I go with you?" asked Jimmy, who had been listening to the little conversation. "No," said John. "None of you are to leave this house tonight." John was strict on the two boys, so that is why they would leave to hang out with the gang that they're a part of named the Smoking Jackets. There was Dallas Wade, who'd people would call Dally and age eighteen, and he's been to jail since age ten. He was hard as rocks, and if you rubbed him the wrong way, he will hurt you. Another one was Darry Wanstan, who had gotten ganged up by Jimmy and Josh's enemy group, called the Zephyers. His eyes are filled with fear, and he was ganged up so bad, he's literally scared of his own shadow. Darry is Jimmy's best friend, and they the best friendship even though they talk the least. Then there was the character of the group, Chris Shepherd. He could make anybody in a good mood no matter what. He took nothing seriously, but he could fight. He was Josh's best friend. Jimmy and Josh were like the others, but unlike the rest of the group, they had a parent. So occasionally, John would let them come over on a nasty day. Jimmy was pretty much always hanging out with Darry and camping when he wasn't at home, and Josh would hang out with Chris and play football when he wasn't home. Sometimes Jimmy would watch. He felt bad for Josh, because he had to drop out of school to get a job to support for the family. Jimmy was a smart kid with a good IQ, but he lacked common sense, and that comes back to bite him a lot.
So Jimmy and Josh left their dad in piece and waited until the evening. Josh came to Jimmy's room after dinner.
"Do you still want to go to Chris's with me?"
"Yeah, but we can't go, dad said so."
"Man, if you keep being a good kid people will start laughing at you."
"I don't care, I don't want to go."
"Fine, I'll just go by myself, with the Zephyers waiting for somebody to jump." Jimmy's interest suddenly lit up in his face. He, as well as every other part of the Smoking Jackets, had hated the Zephyers a lot more than usual thanks to that night with Darry.
Josh was walking towards the door when Jimmy said,"wait, I'll go, but let me bring my switchblade." Jimmy always brought a switchblade because his tiny size was a flaw in living in his neighborhood. Darry's done the same thing, but for different reasons. He got the switchblade, got his jacket on, and went outside towards Chris's house with Josh.

Edit: Well I felt guilty because this is based on something and I don't want to type something that is based on anything so I'm done, like any of you care though xD