PDA

View Full Version : Userforums?

pikachumaster
11-09-2012, 10:54 PM
No, this is not a thread to post links to userforums.

Do you like the idea of userforums? What's your opinion?

Tuxy
11-09-2012, 11:19 PM
They are unneccesary and I honestly don't see why people always make these. I guess I'm somewhat active on X's forums, but that one actually has other active members as well. But other than that, they just take away traffic from here.

Dabottle
11-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Back in the day, there was a huge ****storm about this. Most of the current ones are just useless copies of this forum, though, so there's no real point in having them.

Minntul
11-09-2012, 11:36 PM
pretty pointless

everything you really need is here, going to someone else's forumotion site is really a drag when we have all these vBulletin features.

pikachumaster
11-09-2012, 11:36 PM
X's forums are awesome. :D
Bree's are now about the chat.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WORLD???

Ice
11-09-2012, 11:40 PM
dere ebil and WAR must happen!!!!!

I really don't give a damn about people making them but the thing is that no one makes an effort and basically clones the boards here onto Forumotion. That combined with the fact that pretty much everyone of these I've seen has clueless moderators that have no idea what they are doing or how to run a forum, so they're pretty bad quality.

#icewave44forums

Uzi
11-09-2012, 11:44 PM
bring back frost emblem~

Merga
11-09-2012, 11:53 PM
bring back frost emblem~

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Actually, Frost Emblem wasn't that bad. It was good the first two months, then went downhill.

I am against user forums unless they are ran properly with GOOD moderators, not just the owner's best friend who is incapable in leading a group.

Dabottle
11-09-2012, 11:58 PM
To be fair to Forst Emblem (that error's deliberate, btw - blame Zoupo), we created it in a period when there was no SS Forum and it was pretty great for a while.

Ice
11-10-2012, 12:09 AM
bring back frost emblem~
I actually kind of want to but idk

R.I.P. Forst Emblem
2011-2012
Killed by Homestuck.

Patriot
11-10-2012, 12:13 AM
bring back frost emblem~

I second the act. Frost Forst Emblem was actually pretty good, until it started becoming more and more inactive until it got spammed with Homestuck references, which pretty much gave it the final blow.

-Ex-Frost Emblem Official Pony Poster

Ice
11-10-2012, 12:15 AM
If people seriously want it back I could try to find a good host or something cause it was fun until it got nuked by those two.

I like how this has become Forst Emblem discussion thread.

Patriot
11-10-2012, 12:26 AM
If people seriously want it back I could try to find a good host or something cause it was fun until it got nuked by those two.

I like how this has become Forst Emblem discussion thread.

Do it. Do it now.

Dabottle
11-10-2012, 12:28 AM
No. Don't. As annoying as some of the members here are, this site is perfectly sufficient. Another forum would be silly and it would have an inferior host anyway.

pikachumaster
11-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Ugh... carry on with your Forst Emblem discussion.

Ice
11-10-2012, 12:36 AM
No. Don't. As annoying as some of the members here are, this site is perfectly sufficient. Another forum would be silly and it would have an inferior host anyway.
The thing is that this place doesn't use that many of the host's features so it's probably be similar except for the fact that it'd be [something].[host].com instead of [something].com. Main reason I'd do it is because I had fun with it last time, even if it is redundant.

Also, sorry for derailing your thread, PM.

X!!
11-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Having another user forums is useless unless there are active people there. I honestly made my own forums because I was bored and didn't have anything good to do. But I ended up learning about the forumotion admin panel, how to delete, move, or lock threads, and all that stuff. Mine turned out to be somewhat okay. And we always go to my forums when the SS Forums are down, for some apparent reason...xD

Umbrony
11-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Having another user forums is useless unless there are active people there. I honestly made my own forums because I was bored and didn't have anything good to do. But I ended up learning about the forumotion admin panel, how to delete, move, or lock threads, and all that stuff. Mine turned out to be somewhat okay. And we always go to my forums when the SS Forums are down, for some apparent reason...xD

Any userforum I go to is automatically doomed. I still owe you a huge apology for bringing those spammers there... D=

Shaymin
11-11-2012, 01:31 AM
. . .

What? I have a slightly successful Youtube channel that was inspired by SuperSkarmory, so it would kinda make sense that I would follow what he did! At least I have admins that know what they're doing!

Ice
11-11-2012, 01:42 AM
. . .

What? I have a slightly successful Youtube channel that was inspired by SuperSkarmory, so it would kinda make sense that I would follow what he did! At least I have admins that know what they're doing!
I thought that way in 2009, too. Then I realized that 300 subs was barely "success" and that the only good staff member wasn't even an admin. Then it got nuked with Super Saiyan Pikachus and middle finger mushroom clouds. Good times.

Also, friendly tip. Not a good idea to have ten staff when your site isn't even close to getting off the ground yet.

BreeZaps
11-11-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm thinking of deleting my forums. I have no time for it. Plus its kind of silly to have one when I have these forums.

Shaymin
11-11-2012, 01:57 AM
I thought that way in 2009, too. Then I realized that 300 subs was barely "success" and that the only good staff member wasn't even an admin. Then it got nuked with Super Saiyan Pikachus and middle finger mushroom clouds. Good times.

Also, friendly tip. Not a good idea to have ten staff when your site isn't even close to getting off the ground yet.

I know. I'm actually conflicted with myself on how many staff members I should have.

pikachumaster
11-11-2012, 01:59 AM
I'm thinking of deleting my forums. I have no time for it. Plus its kind of silly to have one when I have these forums.
Dang... They were the only forums where I am staff... Except my own but that doesn't count.

Ayra
11-11-2012, 02:03 AM
If your UFs are just ripoffs of this place, burn them. But if yours are reasonable I.e. your channel's forums, go ahead an ceep them.

Ice
11-11-2012, 02:07 AM
At first, keep it to yourself and maybe one other mod/admin. As your site grows in active members, add more mods because you'll actually need them then.

Shantae
11-11-2012, 02:40 AM
Pointless and unnecessary. I've learn that lesson back in 2009 and it was like eh, I don't want to discuss further on.

(Although Ice Forum and Frost Emblem was greatest thing ever other than SS Forums. xD)

Merga
11-11-2012, 02:51 AM
Pointless and unnecessary. I've learn that lesson back in 2009 and it was like eh, I don't want to discuss further on.

(Although Ice Forum and Frost Emblem was greatest thing ever other than SS Forums. xD)

I don't remember you on FE. You weren't there for the downfall, that's probably why.

Uzi
11-11-2012, 02:55 AM
Then it got nuked with Super Saiyan Pikachus and middle finger mushroom clouds. Good times.

2009 was the best year to be friends with Amirzel and tainers14 (Brisk Avatar).