PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Video Game Thread

Clairvoya
11-25-2012, 01:52 AM
Didn't see a thread for this so . . .
Title says it all. Ones that you find inspiring, funny, or just a quote you really like.
Here's two from Okami:

Issun - "Holy cow, this sister's stacked!"

Issun - "It only looks like I'm staring at your melons!"

Oh, and if you don't get it, here's a picture of who's he talking to, Rao.

http://okamiworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:Rao.jpg

I had to put it on, okay?

Edit: Now I realize I messed up the title. Is there a way I can change it?

sonriopoby123
11-25-2012, 02:02 AM
"Hold on! Let me grip my Poke Ball a little tighter! ............Yeah, that's better! Okay, let's go!"
"I like this dress. It's comfy and easy to wear"

Random NPC's in BW2.

Dabottle
11-25-2012, 02:12 AM
"You can be a general or you can be dinner. I don't really care which... But do try to show a little initiative, won't you?"

Assuming that this actually is quotes, we've had two of these before.

Clairvoya
11-25-2012, 02:14 AM
Lol, sonrio. That girl who talked about the Poke Ball had me laughing for 5 minutes.

Another one:

Super Paper Mario: "Ah . . .of course . . . There's not any air . . .You need that, don't you?" Tippi's response to the player not breathing.

sonriopoby123
11-25-2012, 02:49 AM
It wasn't a girl......

Clairvoya
11-25-2012, 02:54 AM
^What? I could have sworn it was!

Another line: "We must gather Pokemon in great numbers!" Galactic Grunt, Floaroma Meadow. If I remembered it more correctly, it would probably be more funny. Or maybe it was funny when i was 7 years old. Idk.

Tuxy
11-25-2012, 02:55 AM
Phoenix Wright: It's not something I can claim to understand... But you and Mr. White are lovers, aren't you!
Marvin Grossberg: W-w-what! My boy!
Phoenix Wright: You sent that painting to him! As a sign! A sign of undying love!
Marvin Grossberg: M-m-my boy, please! You're letting your fancies run away with you! Where do you get these bizarre ideas?
Phoenix Wright: I... I don't understand how you could...
Marvin Grossberg: That's because I'm not, we're not... Don't be ridiculous! Enough. I'll swallow my pride and tell you all.
Phoenix Wright (thinking): I knew it! They are lovers!
Marvin Grossberg: N-no! We are NOT lovers!

Phoenix Wright (thinking): Hah! I'd like to see her pull THAT off!
April May: Mr. Lawyer, I saw that evil, evil grin! You were probably thinking "I'd like to see her pull THAT off", weren't you!
Phoenix Wright (thinking): Damn... she's good!

Maya Fey: The old windbag sure is quiet today.
Wendy Oldbag: ...
Maya Fey: You know, things are really quiet around here like this.
Maya Fey: Hey I bet we could even eat the donuts in the guard station!
Wendy Oldbag: ... You eat, you die.
Maya Fey: Wheh! She's alive.

Sal Manella: I try not to pay much attention to things that don't interest me. LOL.
Maya Fey: W-why are you staring at me like that...?

Phoenix Wright: [hits the desk]
Judge: Yes, Mr. Wright?
Phoenix Wright: I was hoping I'd come up with a question while pounding on my desk. I didn't.
Judge: ... You have my sympathies.
Miles Edgeworth: OBJECTION! ...
Judge: Yes, Mr. Edgeworth?
Miles Edgeworth: I was hoping to come up with a question while I was objecting, Your Honor... I didn't.
Judge: I see... Very well.
Miles Edgeworth: OBJECTION!

Maya Fey: I need a waterfall to stand under! Preferably a freezing one!
Phoenix Wright: ... Oh... Is that part of your spirit medium training?
Maya Fey: Of course! Except, I've been slacking off lately... I need to brave the elements and be forged anew under the rushing spring waters!
Phoenix Wright: Umm... Okay... I don't know about any falls per se, but Gourd Lake is pretty close...
Maya Fey: Oh. Darn.
Phoenix Wright: Sorry, but them's the breaks. Couldn't you just take a cold shower or something?
Maya Fey: ... Good idea!
Phoenix Wright (thinking): So much for rushing spring waters...
[later]
Maya Fey: ...Nick?
Phoenix Wright: ?
Maya Fey: The water pressure's kind of low in that shower.
Phoenix Wright: ...You want more pressure, huh? Why don't you go down to the fire department and have them spray you with the hose?
Maya Fey: Good idea, Nick!
Phoenix Wright (thinking): Apparently, E.S.P. is no aid in detecting sarcasm...
[later]
Maya Fey: Nick...
Phoenix Wright: what!?
Maya Fey: The fireman yelled at me when I called him...

Phoenix Wright: Do you know what happened here?
**** Gumshoe: Huh? You don't know, pal?
Phoenix Wright: No...
**** Gumshoe: Wow, okay, Mr. head-in-the-fluffy-pink-clouds Lawyer.
Phoenix Wright: Head-in-the... huh?
**** Gumshoe: Never mind, I'll tell you.

Emy Skye: You know, I got a 97 on my Science test the other day!
Phoenix Wright (thinking): Too bad they don't have a test for common sense.

Miles Edgeworth: Will the witness please state his name and occupation.
Mike Meekins: Yes sir! I am Officer Mike Meekins, sir! My occupation is, um... that would be murderer, sir.
Phoenix Wright: ...
Miles Edgeworth: ...
Judge: Er... so you're telling us you're a "professional killer..."
Mike Meekins: Sir. It was me, sir! I'm the one who did it! I'll never kill anyone again, sir! You've got to belive me, sir!
Judge: Uh... actually, what I'd like to hear from you is...
Mike Meekins: Sir! I'm part of what you would call the younger generation, sir! A person whose actions adults can't possibly comprehend!
Judge: Please, Mr. Edgeworth, sir! Help me, sir!

Phoenix Wright: I'd appricate it if you'd stop making these ridiculous allegations.
Damon Gant: Yes, you do have a point... You wouldn't have the guts to do something like that...
Phoenix Wright: What? I'll have you know back in the day, I once broke into a cattle ranch and tipped-
Judge: Mr. Wright! What are you saying?!

Miles Edgeworth: He would be able to use the Chief Prosecutor as his puppet! Essentially... he would acquire unchecked authority over all investigations!
Judge: Do you mean to tell me... that despite the Chief's formidable appearance, he plays with puppets!? Oh, wait. You must mean "puppet" as in someone forced to do his bidding... Nevermind!

Could come up with a few more. These are just of the first game.

Merga
11-25-2012, 03:02 AM
"You spoony bard."

Minntul
11-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Can't think of any quotes at the moment, so here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRkK3Fhk1eI

Totodile
11-25-2012, 03:07 AM
"Men, we led those dumb bugs out to the middle of nowhere to keep 'em from gettin' their filthy claws on Earth. But, we stumbled onto somethin' they're so hot for, that they're scramblin' over each other to get it. Well, I don't care if it's God's own anti-son-of-a-b**** machine, or a giant hula hoop, we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a belly full of lead, and a pool of their own blood to drown in!"

Isn't that an inspiring speech from Avery Junior Johnson (Sargent Johnson) from Halo Combat Evolved.

Am I right Marines?!

Cutiepuffle
11-25-2012, 12:40 PM
(If you say your favorite food in Earthbound is babies....)

"You know what I really hate in this world? That's babies. The smell, the color, the texture...

Hey you, you're drooling!"

Judge Mandolore Shepard
11-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Here are some from the Mass Effect series

Gunnery Chief: This, recruits, is a 20-kilo ferrous slug. Feel the weight. Every five seconds, the main gun of an Everest-class dreadnought accelerates one to 1.3 percent of light speed. It impacts with the force of a 38-kiloton bomb. That is three times the yield of the city buster dropped on Hiroshima back on Earth. That means Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son-of-a-b**** in space. Now! Serviceman Burnside! What is Newton's First Law?
First Recruit: Sir! A object in motion stays in motion, sir!
Gunnery Chief: No credit for partial answers, maggot!
First Recruit: Sir! Unless acted on by an outside force, sir!
Gunnery Chief: D*** straight! I dare to assume you ignorant jack***** know that space is empty. Once you fire this husk of metal, it keeps going till it hits something. That can be a ship, or the planet behind that ship. It might go off into deep space and hit somebody else in ten thousand years. If you pull the trigger on this, you're ruining someone's day, somewhere and sometime. That is why you check your d*** targets! That is why you wait for the computer to give you a d*** firing solution! That is why, Serviceman Chung, we do not "eyeball it!" This is a weapon of mass destruction. You are not a cowboy shooting from the hip!
Second Recruit: Sir, yes sir!

Niftu Cal: I am a biotic god, I think things and they happen! Fear me, lesser creatures, for I am biotics made flesh!

Niftu Cal: You will regret your scandalous words! I am a great wind that will sweep all before me like a... a great wind! A great biotic wind! Yes, the asari injecting so many drugs into me was terrifying, But then I began to smell my greatness! They may laugh when I fall over, but they don't know what I know in my head... that I know that I am amazingly powerful! Fear me.

Krogan Mercenary: Surrender. Or don't. That would be more fun.

Admiral Steven Hackett: When you went up against Sovereign, there was no good reason to believe you'd win. But your crew didn't seem to care. They went along anyway. Your trip through the Omega-4 relay? That was a suicide mission if there ever was one. Yet there your crew was, standing beside you, proud to serve. Why? Because they believed in YOU, their leader! That's what I need now. Where we're taking them is likely to get pretty hairy, and I know you're the one who will get us to the other side.

Shaymin
11-26-2012, 04:38 AM
Phoenix Wright: It's not something I can claim to understand... But you and Mr. White are lovers, aren't you!
Marvin Grossberg: W-w-what! My boy!
Phoenix Wright: You sent that painting to him! As a sign! A sign of undying love!
Marvin Grossberg: M-m-my boy, please! You're letting your fancies run away with you! Where do you get these bizarre ideas?
Phoenix Wright: I... I don't understand how you could...
Marvin Grossberg: That's because I'm not, we're not... Don't be ridiculous! Enough. I'll swallow my pride and tell you all.
Phoenix Wright (thinking): I knew it! They are lovers!
Marvin Grossberg: N-no! We are NOT lovers!

Phoenix Wright (thinking): Hah! I'd like to see her pull THAT off!
April May: Mr. Lawyer, I saw that evil, evil grin! You were probably thinking "I'd like to see her pull THAT off", weren't you!
Phoenix Wright (thinking): Damn... she's good!

Maya Fey: The old windbag sure is quiet today.
Maya Fey: You know, things are really quiet around here like this.
Maya Fey: Hey I bet we could even eat the donuts in the guard station!
Wendy Oldbag: ... You eat, you die.
Maya Fey: Wheh! She's alive.

Sal Manella: I try not to pay much attention to things that don't interest me. LOL.
Maya Fey: W-why are you staring at me like that...?

Phoenix Wright: [hits the desk]
Judge: Yes, Mr. Wright?
Phoenix Wright: I was hoping I'd come up with a question while pounding on my desk. I didn't.
Judge: ... You have my sympathies.
Miles Edgeworth: OBJECTION! ...
Judge: Yes, Mr. Edgeworth?
Miles Edgeworth: I was hoping to come up with a question while I was objecting, Your Honor... I didn't.
Judge: I see... Very well.
Miles Edgeworth: OBJECTION!

Maya Fey: I need a waterfall to stand under! Preferably a freezing one!
Phoenix Wright: ... Oh... Is that part of your spirit medium training?
Maya Fey: Of course! Except, I've been slacking off lately... I need to brave the elements and be forged anew under the rushing spring waters!
Phoenix Wright: Umm... Okay... I don't know about any falls per se, but Gourd Lake is pretty close...
Maya Fey: Oh. Darn.
Phoenix Wright: Sorry, but them's the breaks. Couldn't you just take a cold shower or something?
Maya Fey: ... Good idea!
Phoenix Wright (thinking): So much for rushing spring waters...
[later]
Maya Fey: ...Nick?
Phoenix Wright: ?
Maya Fey: The water pressure's kind of low in that shower.
Phoenix Wright: ...You want more pressure, huh? Why don't you go down to the fire department and have them spray you with the hose?
Maya Fey: Good idea, Nick!
Phoenix Wright (thinking): Apparently, E.S.P. is no aid in detecting sarcasm...
[later]
Maya Fey: Nick...
Phoenix Wright: what!?
Maya Fey: The fireman yelled at me when I called him...

Phoenix Wright: Do you know what happened here?
**** Gumshoe: Huh? You don't know, pal?
Phoenix Wright: No...
**** Gumshoe: Wow, okay, Mr. head-in-the-fluffy-pink-clouds Lawyer.
Phoenix Wright: Head-in-the... huh?
**** Gumshoe: Never mind, I'll tell you.

Emy Skye: You know, I got a 97 on my Science test the other day!
Phoenix Wright (thinking): Too bad they don't have a test for common sense.

Miles Edgeworth: Will the witness please state his name and occupation.
Mike Meekins: Yes sir! I am Officer Mike Meekins, sir! My occupation is, um... that would be murderer, sir.
Phoenix Wright: ...
Miles Edgeworth: ...
Judge: Er... so you're telling us you're a "professional killer..."
Mike Meekins: Sir. It was me, sir! I'm the one who did it! I'll never kill anyone again, sir! You've got to belive me, sir!
Judge: Uh... actually, what I'd like to hear from you is...
Mike Meekins: Sir! I'm part of what you would call the younger generation, sir! A person whose actions adults can't possibly comprehend!
Judge: Please, Mr. Edgeworth, sir! Help me, sir!

Phoenix Wright: I'd appricate it if you'd stop making these ridiculous allegations.
Damon Gant: Yes, you do have a point... You wouldn't have the guts to do something like that...
Phoenix Wright: What? I'll have you know back in the day, I once broke into a cattle ranch and tipped-
Judge: Mr. Wright! What are you saying?!

Miles Edgeworth: He would be able to use the Chief Prosecutor as his puppet! Essentially... he would acquire unchecked authority over all investigations!
Judge: Do you mean to tell me... that despite the Chief's formidable appearance, he plays with puppets!? Oh, wait. You must mean "puppet" as in someone forced to do his bidding... Nevermind!

Could come up with a few more. These are just of the first game.

And this is why I love the great dialogue that the Pheonix Wright games have, especially that "you eat, you die" line by Oldbag.

"Tidus: They said Seymour went to Macarena Temple.
Waka: Macalania Temple
Tidus: Ai!"

Love this line in Final Fantasy X. It's emotional, romantic, and funny, all in one game. I love it.

The Arrow
12-08-2012, 04:41 PM
“Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!” (Super Mario Bros.)

I hate that so much every time it happens!

Umbrony
01-18-2013, 12:25 PM
"Hey look, a giant talking egg!"

Rocket
01-18-2013, 02:19 PM
"You will eat now, schitzel!" (Super Paper Mario)

Sean
01-26-2013, 12:54 AM
>Kid Icarus

"GGG-FFFORRRCE TO MY FACE!!"

+everything else I can't remember