PDA

View Full Version : Pengy's Video Game Polls - Week 5: Favourite Plot.

Dabottle
12-01-2012, 01:17 PM
PLEASE VOTE FOR NEXT WEEK'S TOPIC

When answering, please explain your choices. This isn't a thread to get +1 postcount, it's for sharing your love for whatever the topic may be.

Week 4: Favourite Plot.
State which game has your favourite plot and explain why without spoiling the plot. Any spoilers must be posted in spoiler tags.

I'll edit in my answer later. It will probably consist of at least one of FE4 (while overrated and flawed, it's pretty nice), FE9 and RH.

Tuxy
12-01-2012, 01:32 PM
The plot of the original Ace Attorney trilogy.

It may seem simple looking at just the fact you're starting off as a rookie lawyer trying to become better and win every case, but what's in between is what is so amazing. The reoccurring characters appear at just the right time, the spirit mediums serve as a great holding spot for the entire plot. And having the only person able to give you good advice getting killed so soon in the first game is shocking, but amazing. The flashback cases in the 3rd game complete the emotional and underrated plot. Apollo Justice couldn't compete with that, but still has some very intersting parts.

Will edit with vote for next week's topic if I can think of one...

xBlackthornWolfx
12-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I'd have to say Mother 3.

Lovable, immersive characters. The fact that the first chapter of the story ends up being one of the most heartbreaking, and immediately draws you in. It makes you feel bad for the characters, and want to continue onward to see what happens next. Sometimes to find out that things get even worse. But not only that, is able to successfully lift the mood with fun gameplay, great humor, and just an all around fun experience while the story plays out. Not to mention the ending is probably one of my favorite endings in a video game ever

Merga
12-01-2012, 04:21 PM
I'd have to say Mother 3.

Lovable, immersive characters. The fact that the first chapter of the story ends up being one of the most heartbreaking, and immediately draws you in. It makes you feel bad for the characters, and want to continue onward to see what happens next. Sometimes to find out that things get even worse. But not only that, is able to successfully lift the mood with fun gameplay, great humor, and just an all around fun experience while the story plays out. Not to mention the ending is probably one of my favorite endings in a video game ever

Dang, took mine :/

Because I can't think of anything else at the moment, I'm just going to say that the Mother series as a whole have great plots, for the reasons said above. The game will change your life for the good.

Bad idea for a theme for next week: Best Anti-Hero

sonriopoby123
12-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Hmm. I'd have to say Pokemon BW2 or maybe the Mother series. The plot for those games are so interesting.

An idea for next week. I'd have to edit it in later.

Rocket
12-02-2012, 12:23 AM
> everybody says mother

And so is mine. The other posts explain it all.

May edit later for next week.

Minntul
12-02-2012, 12:42 AM
I absolutely LOVE the plot of Metal Gear Solid. It has everything. Humour, drama, action, romance, it's all there. It's always getting backed up by the amount of interesting characters and their really cool personalities and back stories. The story starts off fairly simple with a single goal in mind. But holy **** the amount of stuff that goes on in the entire plot is jaw-dropping and everything that seems bull**** is explained very well later on. Hideo Kojima is one of the most talented human beings on this planet with his writing and directing skills and I wonder why didn't decide to make this a movie instead of a video game. But hey, I can't complain since the game was very fun itself and the plot is one of those reasons why it's number 2 on my favourite video games of all time.

Cutiepuffle
12-02-2012, 02:15 AM
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky

I loved this game's plot. It was full of plot twists and so much other things which would be spoilers if I said about it.

Clairvoya
12-02-2012, 02:19 AM
PMD2 for the reasons CP said. Seriously, I was scared the heck out of me when Dusknoir betrayed me. And some menus made me cry, I admit.

Next week.....Favorite Video Game Enemy.

Ayra
12-03-2012, 04:14 AM
I like paper Mario TTYD and SPM both as individual plots. I also like the way you had to 100% TTYD to fully understand the plot transfer over to SPM. And for above stated reasons, I also like the PMD2 plot.