PDA

View Full Version : Favourite pokemon to use in competitive battling?

Tainers14
12-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Everyone has that one pokemon that they love using in competitive battling. It's that one pokemon that they rely on to secure them clutch wins. It's also that one pokemon everyone knows inside out.

For me, it's Heatran. Heatran has a monstrous special attack and relatively good defense stats, the only thing that it really lacks is speed(lands at 278 after max speed/timid nature, which is one less speed point than adamant lucario or modest p-z (base 90 neutral nature gets 279) the bracket within a bracket). However it can out speed many walls, making it good for checking against physical walls such as skarm or gliscor (if you're ballsy) and it can bait the switch and get a free substitute. Btw if you don't have sub on heatran, especially in gen 5, you're doing it wrong. subtran makes it really good a scouting out how your opponent reacts to heatran and how you can neutralize their reaction in order to make heatran a terrifying menace.

I think the main reason why I find heatran so appealing is that its type coverage is incredible. If it gets bared up with a grass and a water type you have a walling combination that is hard to break. Celebi + heatran is really cool since they cover each other perfectly. Also with para support it makes it easier for heatran to get free switches since most sweepers won't be able to outspeed it.

The best way to deal with heatran is to simply catch the person off guard and randomly go for the super power with scizor when u-turn on celebi seems like it's the obvious choice. When heatran goes down, it hurts any team since it's type coverage is that good, so try and take it down early, makes it easier for you to win.

k now let's hear about your guys' fave competitive poke!

Luna
12-07-2012, 06:52 PM
I haven't been playing competitive for too long, but there is a Pokémon I really enjoy using, and it's Choice Scarf P-Z. It out speeds almost anything, and GOD is tri-attack amazing! STAB with no real resistance + best stat being special = one bad *** Pokémon.

UbersSuck20
12-07-2012, 06:54 PM
SubPunch Dusknoir.

Horsey1
12-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Choice Scarf Shaymin-S. Hands down my fav competitive pokemon. It is fast and can hit hard. Enough said.

Dabottle
12-09-2012, 03:06 AM
Jumpluff!!!!!!!!!

I haven't battled competitively in ages and I know that Jumpluff sucks, but I still love the little guy and he's so much cooler than Whimsicott. >:[

Rocket
12-09-2012, 03:17 AM
I like to use Scrafty, bad or not.

Weavile
12-09-2012, 06:05 AM
As of right now I'm having a ton of fun with Choice Specs Ninetales. Sun boosted Overheat is nice, but my Ninetales absolutely loves ruining Landorus-T's Day with HP Ice. 3 or 4 times now someone has switched in Landorus on my Ninetales only to be outsped and OHKO'd by HP Ice

sonriopoby123
12-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Currently in love with my Life Orb Volcarona.
This thing sweeps I tell you.

X!!
12-09-2012, 10:31 AM
I enjoy using a Flinch hax Jirachi.

UbersSuck20
12-09-2012, 11:03 AM
This thing sweeps I tell you.

Leftovers > LO on Volcarona.

newsupermariobros
12-09-2012, 01:21 PM
This thing sweeps I tell you.Yeah.It's special attack is amazing so combined with life orb is unbeatable.Just rock types are super annoying.

Qwerty
12-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Leftovers vs Life Orb is an interesting choice, and depends on your team/how you want volc to play. If you're on a sandstorm team for example leftovers is better.

My favorite poke to use atm would probably be Landorus-Therian. It's not too widely used, is a fantastic physical pivot/tank, and STILL hits like an absolute truck.

Bricktoad
12-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Drapion, its really a baws.
It's a really good wall and toxic + Swagger is super conveniant ^ sorry if I spelled that wrong
I hated having to waste my time at the PWT to get BP for the TM for Swagger though, but it payed off. (Im too lazy for move tutors)
Black sludge is also pretty helpful :3 cuz if anything takes it it gets damaged itself x3

sonriopoby123
12-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Leftovers > LO on Volcarona.

Who the **** cares. It's a monster with Life Orb. I don't mind a little HP taken away.
Unless there's Stealth Rock involved. Now that's another situation where my Reuniclus comes in.

UbersSuck20
12-09-2012, 06:56 PM
^LO Volcarona absolutely sucks because SR is everywhere.

Tainers14
12-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Life orb is my least fave item, most people don't know how to pick the correct time to sweep and you can usually out stall it and drain the LO. If it were up to me, I'd go lum berry on Late Game sweepers (If they try and paralyze you, it's good game), and if said late game sweeper doesn't have a way to enhance the damage per turn, I go life orb for that little extra boost.

Weavile
12-09-2012, 08:51 PM
I only use Life Orb on Reuniclus because it's free damage, basically. With a few Calm Minds, Recover and Life Orb Reuniclus has swept me many a team.

Dragonite
12-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Ubers, the title says "Favorite" Pokemon to use, not "Most effective"

UbersSuck20
12-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Yes but I honestly can't see how can Life Orb Volcarona work.

NintendoWizard11
12-17-2012, 11:28 PM
I like using Darkrai, it just kicks ***, put your opponent to sleep and use Nightmare.

Pokemon Trainer N
12-18-2012, 01:41 AM
Oh no! Mcneela's dreaded heatran. Is what my friends say when he comes out. For my friend he. Depends on kyoger stupid sheer cold in unofficial matches.