PDA

View Full Version : Orange's Tale

Rubick
12-19-2012, 11:31 PM
You know what? It's not like I'm nervous that it isn't a masterpiece. I'll just post the chapters here for easy viewing. The format is not exactly great, but it's view able. Some text is supposed to be italic, as in that it's mental-talking or just thinking/thoughts.
Chapter One
Orange
Feelings? Dreams? I felt suspended, as if I was... Ouch! That hurt... Ow, ow! I feel like a million bee's are stinging me! My head... ow... A sense of falling… down...
I woke up… on a seaside cliff in the morning, on my side… I see a beautiful sunset… or sunrise… I can't shake off the haze... I can't remember anything... Who am I?
The cliff is about to fall… shaking and cracking loudly… I was hoping this was a dream...
A shadow comes along… He screams for me to get out of there... I couldn't get up, it's as if my legs and feet were gone... The pain in my head came back and I drifted away into unconsciousness...
I dreamed about some sort of orange haze... It felt so... hollow... as if my brain had nothing to go back to... As if I'm in a huge dome of darkness...
I immediately woke up after that... startled... breathing hard... coughing water... then my eyes opened, it was sunny... and I was alive... trees all around, grass on the ground... sky is blue... everything looked ordinary... but I didn't feel like my self. Who am I... Am I... human? All I can think of... is that I'm human...
I ended up looking at a strange green bipedal creature. Is he a human? The creature then asked the topic I was least cared about right now: “Are you okay?!”
Who was he? He sounds male, but had some sort of strange accent... It definitely wasn't human. Am I dreaming?!
I tried speaking, but all that I did was cough up more water. There was something strange about my lungs that I just couldn't point it out... it's as if it's actually breathing the water that is still stuck in there. But... I breath air.. not water... or do I? Sigh, who am I...
The creature was in focus now. He had a thin green body, save for the belly, yellow cat-like eyes and a large head that looks like a lizard. I could read his expression, seeing as how human it looked. He then asked once more, but more quietly: “Are you... okay?” He has a very large green tail... Is he carrying a bag?
I body started to feel again, as if I recovered from some sort of paralyzation. The nerves re-awakened, and I was instantly terrified how strange my body feels. I had short legs, a sensitive fin on my head and my back, and a large mouth, and what felt like large buds on the sides of my mouth. I don't have teeth...
The creature looked puzzled why I was shaking, but I was shaking not because I'm cold, it's because I can't seem to comprehend what I am... But a small sense of relief came as my conscious went around and slowly adjusted, stopping the shake. I feel really weird...
I tried to speak, but this time out came bubbles, much less to my desire to say hello. The creature laughed, as if I actually made a joke in my current position. He stopped laughing eventually, and said “I guess I'll take that as a yes!”
I arduously managed to stand up... but to only back down because of my quadruped skeletal structure. I settled down, struggled to be comforted the way I am, and spoke out more bubbles. The creature laughed again. “I can't speak bubbles!” he fell down laughing.
I stressed hard to say something, eventually finding a muscle that closes what felt like was a tube on the side of my neck, and spoke a word that sounded like “Khello”.
The creature stopped, and looked at me, glad to see me up and able to speak. “Ha! Hello to you to! My name is Treecko! I rescued you before that cliff collapsed.” Something tells me that this person is very young.
He stood up in a jolly mood, then came up to me. “So... who are you? Do you have a name?”
I tried to remember, I tried to find any clue of what my name is... “I don't know.”
Treecko looked confused. “What do you mean 'I don't know'? I... don't understand. Your a... what are you called again?”
“I... I think I'm a human.”
Treecko looked outright shocked. He scratched his eyes and looked again. “No... you are a Mudkip. A Pokémon. Are you playing a trick on me? Humans are just legends in tales and stories.”
Humans... don't exist anymore? I'm a Mudkip? A Pokémon?
“What is a Pokémon? A Mudkip? What do those mean?”
Treecko looks at me with a very suspicious look, and from my stance, he looks about as confused as me.
“Your... joking, right?...” he keeps looking at me straight in the eye, as if he's trying to find the slightest in doubt.
“Your... not kidding...hmm...” he sits down and thinks in frustration.
“Pokémon is everyone in this world. It's what they are called. Your a Mudkip, I think. I've never seen a purple Mudkip.”
What? So Pokémon is the people, and I'm a creature called Mudkip? That's a start...
“What do you mean I'm a 'purple Mudkip'?”
“I'm saying that I have only ever seen blue ones. Pokémon that live in the water are generally blue. It's a basic rule that red is fire, green is grass, blue is water, yellow is electric, and so on.” he says.
He then asks a question. “So... you have lost your memory? Let's put this human issue aside for a sec and look at what your name is. Do you remember anything that might be your name?”
“I really have no clue, Treecko. I'm sorry...”
He nodded, then smiled. “Then I'll name you Bubbles for now.”
Bubbles?!
“I can't be called Bubbles! That's a silly name!”
“Oh? Do you have a name in mind?”
I thought for a moment, but then I realized what I have been missing. What was my gender?
“You can't call me bubbles because... I'm not even sure if I'm male or female.”
The question hit Treecko hard. “Your a male! How could you ask such a stupid question! I'm a male as well, before you ask...”
The answer embarrassed me. How could you even tell? Oh well. I guess I'm stuck with Bubbles for now.
“Okay... so where am I?”
“Where we are? We are in Orange Forest. You can look at the tree's above us; pure orange. This is where it was thought that a great hero... went away. They say that it's what makes the trees so grand, tall and upright, just like the hero.”
Treecko then thought of something, then thought of an idea.
“I know, I'll name you Orange. How about that?”
That sounds a lot better. “Okay, that sounds much better then the last.”
“Alright, Orange, do you have a- Oh right. You don't have a place to go.”
My vision has cleared, and I could see small clouds in the sky, far off mountains and hills, the sun, but I still couldn't see what I looked like. My headache has passed, and moving my body and mouth feels more normal now. But I still can't shake off the feeling of... not being myself.
“Well, maybe you can come to town with me. There are probably a few psychic Pokémon at town that knows what happened to your memory.” He reached into his bag and pulled out a map. After studying it for a bit, he went in one direction, and I followed.
“Psychic Pokémon?” I wondered.
“They are Pokémon that uses the mind to do things. There really intelligent, and some can even see the future.”
We climbed over large roots, which Treecko easily climbed. I learned how jump with my short legs, but even then I found it hard to traverse the forest.
I asked how he was so good at climbing, seeing as he can climb up on completely flat surfaces.
“Well, I'm a Treecko, so I naturally can climb walls and on ceilings with ease. My feet and hands just naturally sticks to them. All Pokémon have some sort of special ability. Being a Treecko, climbing walls is mine.”
“So Treecko, what is my special ability?”
“I'm not entirely sure. I'm not that educated in the knowledge of all the Pokémon. We can usually tell by the name and appearance, though. So, your a Mudkip. To me, it sounds like a mix of 'mud' and 'skip'. And seeing as your a water Pokémon, I think your special ability has something to do with... maybe skipping in mud? I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure.”
We continued up-hill, a finally leveled off. The forest ended, and we were in a large prairie. On the horizon, I see a very tall tower. Treecko noticed me looking at it. He grinned.
“It's called Bell Tower. Nobody knows who constructed it. Every mid-winter, the bells are struck and ring across the island. It's really loud when it does it.”
There was also a large brown volcano to the left, which looks like it recently erupted.
“That's Mt. Goronix. It has a huge tunnel system going underground. Legends say that treasure and secrets lies at the bottom. Nobody has managed to get to the bottom though. A brave explorer, Goronix, found a unknown map of our world. Nobody could figure out what the words meant, though, as we can't speak the language it was written in. We referenced a position of a few islands, and we didn't really learn much... except for a new language we couldn’t read.”
Oh, and another thing...
“Treecko, how did you come to find me on the cliff?”
-

Rubick
01-02-2013, 12:52 AM
“I was trying to find food. You can only find them on the top of the orange trees, but it's easy for me because I can climb.”
We walked, and finally reached a lake in the middle of the prairie, a perfect time to see what I look like.
I stared at the water, but I didn't know who was staring back. Indeed, I was purple, I have a large fin on my head and on my back, had small beady black eyes and orange star shaped external gills. I have a yellow underside. I was terrified, in a way.
Didn't Treecko say that blue is for water Pokémon, and if that's true, then what am I?
Treecko, finished drinking, looked at me, and was in a way happy and in another way relieved.
“If I'm purple, what does that make me, Treecko?”
“That still means your a water Pokémon, I think. Just because you a different color then the rest, shouldn't mean you have a different type. I don't think it works that way.”
“Hm. Thanks”
“Wait a sec, Orange. Town is nearby. I don't want you to tell anyone that your a human. Just say your suffering memory loss. Understood?”
“Okay, but why?”
“Because... everyone has mixed reactions when talking about humans. I don't know how to explain it, so please.”
“Alright, I understand.”
Treecko continued in his direction, and I followed. I guess you could say I'm a fast learner on walking and talking now...
But I heard shouting in the distance. Treecko, with most likely better hearing, turned to the sound.
“Oh no! Someone is in trouble! We got to help!” he ran in a random direction. I tried to catch up, but Treecko was a very fast runner. I didn't lose sight of him though, up until he stopped, listened and turned in another direction.
He stopped at a area which I couldn't see well. I kept running until I found Treecko at a tall ledge, looking at another creature which I could barely recognize at all. At the bottom of the cliff was Orange forest... it must have been a kilometer drop.
The creature was hanging down on the cliff, with both claws snapped on to rock. The creature itself looked like a praying mantis, except it has a very thick and metallic-like exoskeleton, including it's head. Instead of scythes, it has two claws, and a reptilian-like head. It looked it has wings as well, but I doubt it could even glide with all the weight.
Treecko, crouching beside me, was thinking furiously. “Hang on Scizor! Hold on for a bit longer!” He then noticed me, panting from exhaustion. Probably should of took a drink at the small lake.
I had adrenaline going through me as well, and I tried to think of a way to either get him down safely or pull him up. I first thought of having Treecko climb down, grab hold of the creature, then grab hold on me as I try to pull them up. But that creature looks to heavy for Treecko to maintain grip. The only way out is down.
“Can you glide down?!” I asked
“No... my wings... damaged...” said Scizor. I just noticed how bruised and cut he is. Did he just come from a fight?
“Use water gun!” says Treecko.
“I don't have a water gun!” I yelled.
“Water gun isn't an object, it's a move! Use it!”
“How?!"
“Just... use it!”
I was confused. How do I use water gun? Whats water gun anyways?!
A rock that Scizor was holding on to broke, and he was hanging with one claw. I could hear it stressing and grunting as he tries to find another rock to hold on to.
Treecko hangs down and climbs down to Scizor, and tries to keep him held longer by pulling his other claw up. I tried to figure out this water-gun concept.
Water gun...Water gun...Water gun...Water gun...Water gun...Why do I feel like water gun is...
Something that I know... That's it!
I know water gun! It has escaped my mind from the very start!

Rubick
01-02-2013, 12:53 AM
A huge funnel of water erupted from my mouth, blasting away Treecko and Scizor down toward the bottom with a huge amount of water. Scizor, at a last ditch effort, grabbed Treecko and flapped his broken wings as hard as he could. The water then started to fall faster then them, and when the water went into a concealed pond in the shadow, the water exploded upwards, and both of them fell in, causing another huge splash. The water in the pond was overfilled, and a river came out of the side, carrying Treecko's and Scizor's body away. They both were most likely in serious pain, but I couldn't see them as the water kept dragging them through the forest cover.
I ran around the cliff until there was a passage down, which unfortunately took a while to get around. I jumped around roots and ran at a steady pace. I kept following the cliff-side until I reached a puddle, which was most likely mine as I looked up and saw the same edge I was once standing upon. Treecko and Scizor lay on the ground a few meters away, heavily bruised and unconscious.
What should I do? Get help? Where? I don't have a map...
I pushed Scizor, and he woke up with a whiny grunt. Finally realizing what just happened, he tried to stand up, but falls on it's back, moving and causing pain to the wings.
“Are you okay?” I asked. “Are you hurt?” Oh no, what have I done!
He was dazed, looking at me. He looked around and saw Treecko. He looked back at me, and says “Thank... you...” and goes into unconsciousness again.
I was confused. Didn't I just screw everything up? I went to Treecko and pushed him. Getting no response, I put my head near to his nose... and felt his breath. He's alive...What have I done...
I moved and twisted so I put Treecko on my back, and dragged Scizor with my mouth... around roots, up the steep hill, and all the way to the lake. I had no hands, no tools, so I practiced using water-gun a few times so I can control the burst from my mouth before I squirted Scizor and Treecko. Scizor wakes up, thrashing from being splashed with cold water.
Scizor woke up first, and upon seeing me, struggled to stand up again. Barely standing upright, he spoke. “Thank you... once again. I would be most likely not be alive if it weren’t for that decision you made... to blast us with water... you saved me...”
I was flabbergasted. I saved them? More like greatly hurt them...
“But I almost-” I was stopped by Scizor clapping his claws.
“No. If it weren’t for water to cushion us, we would be... gone. I have stupidly accepted a challenge to fight Infernape since it was illegal at town... I should have thought more rather then be blinded by anger and the will to fight... I owe my life to you.”
Once again, I was flabbergasted by how much I was praised. Have I ever been praised before?
“What is your name?” he asked.
“My name... is Orange.”
“Orange... hmm.” Scizor was still shaking, barely standing. “What an odd color for a Mudkip.”
That's right, I'm supposed to be blue...
“You should go to town, Orange. Pick up your friend and go... I should go as well.”
Scizor looked at the mountain, then headed off in one direction. I hurried and picked up Treecko, who was having a hard time waking up. Is he having a nightmare daydream?
I followed Scizor, and I was amazed he could walk at all. Looking at his wings, I could tell that all the wings are slightly burned, leaving only partial of the wing still there. The left wings are broken, and his head was cut open on the back.
We exited the prairie, and went back into Orange forest. Scizor began cutting roots so that I wouldn't have to climb with Treecko falling off. We found a river, and if you look one way you can see it goes straight from Mt. Goronix, and the other way it goes to the ocean. The river was somewhat calm, and Scizor walked across it with ease because of Scizor's height.
I, on the other hand, went into the shallow part of the water, and almost on instinct, my back fin began pushing me through the water with a smooth and graceful motion. I really a water Pokémon. It feels so natural. Treecko almost fell a few times because I sped up to much, but I kept him balanced on my back. I also took a drink while I'm at it, and it actually took quite a bit of water to satisfy my thirst. Back when I woke up, did I cough that much out?
We continued on our trek to town, and we found a dirt path to follow.
I saw a sign up ahead, but I couldn’t understand the two words on it. The letters all look like footprints...
Scizor noticed that I stopped, and read the two words out for me.
“Secret Town. It's not a secret though, it's the capital of the island. It's called Secret Town because of all the secrets are sealed on this island, in the same fashion how Treasure Town is named after all the treasure was to be found on that island.”
“So you are saying that-” I was interrupted by another clack by Scizor's claws.
“Yes, there are many secrets on this island. That's why there is a moderate population here, for the lure of basic tourism, and the real deal: Finding and exploring dungeons that have been concealed for who knows how long, such as the Mt. map of the world.”
He turned and kept walking, still recovering and limping. I followed, Treecko still on my back, either sleeping or unconscious. Treecko had cuts and bruises from the fall as well. My own cuts and bruises doesn't look at bad as his, though. How did I get cuts and bruises again? From the sharp rocks at the cliff?
We continued walking through the dirt trail. The Orange tree's imitating the sun, shining, reflecting, and the curves and hills of the trail didn't help either. I eventually saw the Bell Tower through a small clearing of trees, and it was huge. We must be getting close.
We continued walking, and after a turn, we saw a large rock wall, with a small gate parallel to the trail. “Not much now. Were almost in safety.” says Scizor, who's stopped limping and tried to walk normally. He's hiding his pain...
We walked up to the gate, which was much bigger then I thought from a distance. The gate itself was a metallic silver color, heavily fortified. I can see marks of scratches, burns, dents and even some strange markings I have never seen before. It looks like markings of cyro blasts, or in other terms, a blast of something extremely cold.
Scizor knocked in a specific order on the gate, which in order was: High pitch, medium pitch, low pitch, high pitch, low pitch. An large bird swooped onto the top of the gate, and looked at us.
The bird itself looked like a large bird by itself, with the only difference is of the cowlick on the fur on it's head.
Scizor looked up at the bird. “Staravia, please open the gate.”
“Squack! No! Who is this Mudkip?! You can't bring strangers in!”
Scizor looked at me. Was he angry? Suspicious? I can't tell his face-expression behind that armor.
“Are you a criminal, Orange?”
I was shocked. Criminal?!
“What! No! I-” I became interrupted by Scizor's claws once again.
“Shut it. I need the truth, Orange. All who come to the island goes through this port, and if they leave, going to the other parts, they go through this gate. If Staravia doesn't recognize you, then you are considered either a criminal, or a Pokémon that didn't abide to the rules. Either way, you are now allowed in.”
“But-” I said, but Staravia interrupted with a loud squack.
“You are not allowed in! Go away, you criminal!”
Am I even allowed to talk?!
“Orange, there is only one thing you can do right now. Drop Treecko. I'll carry him to medical assistance. You must leave.”
What! But Treecko...
“Do it or Staravia would gets second thoughts about letting us in. Hurry.”
I bended over and dropped Treecko, and Scizor picked him up. I... turned around and went the other direction. After going a distance, I looked back. Staravia, up top, looking at me with fierce eyes. She squacked, and the door opened a tiny amount. Scizor ran in with a flash, carrying Treecko. The door closed, and Staravia, still looking at me, dropped back behind the wall, and flied to Bell Tower.
Now... what? Where do I go? What do I do...

Rubick
01-02-2013, 12:54 AM
Chapter Two
Terror Night
I went back to the lake in the prairie. It was starting to become dark, and it's starting become hard to see. The wind picked up, and blew the grass on the prairie, creating a stripe pattern. A crescent moon rose, and lit up the night. What do I do...
It was hopeless. I was getting hungry. What do I even eat? Do I have teeth? I was scared. I looked at Bell Tower. It was lit up by torches, so you can see it easily.
But there was something that caught my eye... it was Pokémon that was on the very top of the tower. It looked like an owl with large eyebrows. It's head, twisted... and looked straight at me. I saw it's red eyes glow...
But I'm so far away! In the dark!
The owl turned away, and flew in the cover of the walls. I was amazed how well the owl could see. Was it because it's eyes glow? There was so much I didn't understand. How do you survive in the wilds? Where do you go?
Mud... Mud? Why mud? I haven't seen any mud in the forest or prairie...
Mud? I gotta find mud...
It’s as if my conscious was directing me to find mud. I was sleepy, tired and still in pain from the bruises and scratches. Mud sounds somewhat pleasant to me, but on the other hand, I have no idea what mud is. One part of my brain thinks it's the way to go, the other, more logical part, remains undecided.
I walked in one direction, and I ended up at the forest once again. I climbed roots and found a very large hollow tree. Inside, was many, many bat-like creatures. I slowly walked away, fearing if they woke up.
I kept going until I found the cliff, viewing the ocean. I sat at the edge and listened to the waves splashing against the rock. I looked up and saw stars, dotting the black sky so it looks less boring. I looked down, and saw a fish stuck between some rocks. At first, I was too calm to care. But I snapped out of it and looked at the fish again.
The fish had back fins resembling a butterflies, and pelvic fins that are shaped like a rain-drop. The body color has a teal-black coloration. It looked like... she was crying. I was aghast. There was no way down... except going into the ocean. The drop was too great, I was to afraid.
The cliff I was on started to crack and crumble. If I didn't do something soon, the entire side of the cliff will fall on the fish... and...
No, I can't let that happen!
I had to be brave. I had to be stupid. I had to be fearless. I backed up... started running... and launched myself. The drop was a lot more then I thought, and the fish was also a lot bigger then I thought. I started to fall... the ocean to far off... rapidly approaching the ground...
But then I thought of something... something crazy...
Water gun!
A large funnel of water blew out of my mouth just meters above the ground, and the knock-back pushed me sideways from my original trajectory, launching me toward the ground at a gentle angle. I collided, then skid and rolled across the rock. I came to a rest, and lay injured. I am alive...
I picked myself up, ignoring the pain from the injuries. I got up a tall rock, and located the large fish. The fish made a large puddle from all the crying she has made in an unknown amount of time. The fish was actually much larger then myself, and the rocks the fish was stuck on are keeping the fish well fixed.
I held on to a gap between the fish and the rock, and pushed the fish with my head. The fish popped out, and stopped crying. She looked at me, confused as what just happened. Seeing me, she blooped out bubbles. But there was much more then that.
It surprised me greatly. It's as if a new window of hearing was opened, unlocked... But I heard it. I heard it in my head. The words “Thank you.” It was surprising because somehow I heard it, as if I wanted to hear it. I heard it in my head, but yet it was clear as if I heard it through my ears. Did I... Just read it's mind?
I came to realization that I was actually heavily injured, and I fainted.
I was woken up by water splashing against me. I was in searing pain, as salt-water went into my wounds. I heard footsteps approaching, many of them. I got up as quickly as I can, and looked at the approaching Pokémon. There were four in all.
The one in the front, leading the group, looked like a wolf with a black and white coloration with red eyes. The Pokémon at the back looked humanoid, but also looked like a blue toad with large arms, with eyes on the top and a spiral image on it's center. The one on the left was a scorpion with bat wings and lots of point fangs, and the one of the right looked like a giant crow with a fedora hat and a large white beard.
“Hah! A weak Pokémon! I've been waiting for this since I became a Justice Team!” says the blue toad.
“Hold it. He's standing. I think he will offer resistance.” says the wolf.
Almost immediately, the crow launched at me with a purple glowing wing, aiming it at me. I couldn’t get out of the way... So once again, with what little strength I had left, I pumped a funnel of water at the engaging crow, causing him to miss me by mere centimeters. The crow hits the ground hard at a almost direct angle, skidding and spinning out of control. The other Pokémon were aghast. I guess my trick never gets old.
“Honchkrow... always so reckless to fight...” growled the wolf.
The three remaining Pokémon approached me, keeping wary. “It'd be best if you come with us, his hes hus.” hissed the scorpion bat. They all started forming a triangle, surrounding me.
“I have nothing to offer! Go away!” I yelled.
“I don't care in the slightest. We will put you behind bars with... or without your consent. Your a criminal on this island, wanted for illegal immigration!” growled the wolf.
“We might as well stage an 'accident' as well, seeing as you hurt poor ol' Honchkrow.” says the blue toad.
“Heh... I agree.” growled the wolf.
I couldn’t look at all the Pokémon at once, they were all prepared to strike at any moment... except for the scorpion bat. He was slowly backing away, ready to sprint... forwards...
What happened next happened in a flash. The wolf sprang at me... but was stopped by the scorpion lizard, who launched the wolf straight into the rock that held the teal fish, knocking the wolf out. The blue toad flinched, shocked at what he just saw.
“No 'accident' is absolutely necessary! Next thing we know, we would be outlaws!” yelled the scorpion bat.
“You... you just knocked out Mightyena!” cried the blue toad.
“Poliwrath, it had to be done. I won't go into prison just for witnessing cruelty. You can't let your leaders always think for you, you have to sometimes decide for yourself for whats right and whats wrong. The right thing for you to do right now, Poliwrath, use Hypnosis on the Mudkip.”
I looked at Poliwrath, fearing what it would do. The spiral image on his center started to spin. I tried to look away, but my eyes were somehow attached... slowly fading away... but something interrupted the spell. Poliwrath looked distracted by something behind me.
“Orange!”
I recognized the voice...
Treecko!
I turned around, and sure enough, Treecko was there, standing beside Scizor. They both looked healthy, all the cuts and bruises are gone.
“Get away, you bullies!” yelled Treecko.
“Or else we will use deadly force!” yelled Scizor.
“Make us! We have all the authority to arrest this Mudkip!” yelled Poliwrath.
I retreated to Treecko. Poliwrath and that scorpion bat looked like they were about to strike... And they did.
Poliwrath's fist glowed white and launches towards Scizor. Scizors claws glowed purple, and launches towards Poliwhirl, and collide. Scizor dodges the punch, and strikes Poliwrath twice, launching Poliward straight into the ground.
The scorpion bat became cloaked in white, creating light in the area. Treecko launches quickly, leaving a trail of white, and in a flash strikes the scorpion bat, knocking him down before he takes flight. The scorpion bat's aura of light disappears, but the Pokémon's claws starts glowing light blue, and strikes Treecko with his claws in a X shape.
I, however, was running behind Treecko. After Treecko was struck, the scorpion bat stands up, and I hit him in the eyes with... mud. Where did I get the mud? The scorpion bat becomes blinded by this, and falls backwards.
“Stop!” the scorpion lizard shouts. “We had enough! Let us go!”
I hurry to Treecko. “Are you okay, Treecko?!”
“Yeah, I'm fine, thanks to you.”
Poliwhirl and that scorpion lizard stands up.
“We had enough... But mark my words... We will get you behind bars one day!” They fled, with Poliwhirl still dizzy, and that scorpion lizard holding onto Poliwhirl because it's blind.

Rubick
01-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Honchkrow finally woke up, and noticing half of his team gone and outnumbered, picked up Mightyena and flew away towards Bell Tower.
“Huh... blinding a Pokémon with mud... I guess that's what you call a 'Dirty' move!” Treecko laughed. Scizor and I, however, didn't see the humor in it.
The moon was directly above us. The teal fish was nowhere to be seen, which means she flopped away or went in with the tide... By the way... The tides are rising quite a bit...
“We came to help you, Orange. Your not currently allowed in the city because your an outlaw, but we are working hard on the inside to clear your name. Besides, nobody, not even the mayor, has seen a Pokémon with a different color. They called for an investigation and are asking every water Pokémon if they have seen you, but if not, they will check the books, looking for any mention of a purple Mudkip in any island, town or village. If not, your free to have access to the city.” says Scizor.
“Treecko says you were found south of Fairy Hill, and that you were injured. If he was conscious when you arrived at Secret Town, he would have a legitimate reason to get you medical assistance. Unfortunately, the incident at the cliff left Treecko unconscious, so neither you or I would have the authority to get you assistance. Staravia has already made a statement that 'I saw a purple Mudkip!'. The issue should be resolved tomorrow morning... so your not allowed in until then.”
“Thanks for the info, but aren’t you concerned of the rising tides?” I asked. Scizor looked at the water, finally realizing how fast it's increasing.
“We should move!” said Treecko, sounding concerned.
“This way. There's are some ancient stairs that go all the way from the ground above to the deepest trench.” says Scizor.
We hustled for a bit, climbing and going around many large rocks (Which Treecko and Scizor crossed with ease.) until we saw the ancient stairs, heavily degraded from water erosion. We climbed the stairs until we reached the top-ground, grassy, orange trees, and without sharp stones.
“Whew, that was starting to get intense...” says Treecko.
“Oh, right. I needed to ask you, why is the ocean rising?” I asked. Both Scizor and Treecko gave me confused looks.
“You seriously don't know about the issue? Are you living on a mountain? The ocean rising is the main natural calamity that's been happening recently.” says Treecko.
“Do I have to remind you that I have no memory before you rescued me, Treecko?” Treecko immediately felt sorry.
“Oh, I'm so sorry Orange. I... forget sometimes. It's natural, but still, I'm sorry. You once said that the only memory you had was being a human?” says Treecko...
Slip of a tongue... Treecko forgets more then he knows.
“A human?” wondered Scizor. “This must be some sort of bad joke. Humans aren’t Pokémon. They are legends. Myths. Never existed. Or... at least that's what I'm told. I can't honestly ever believe you to be human, more so as a human turned in a Pokémon. I'm sorry, Orange.”
Treecko joined in. “Well I believe him. He sure doesn't talk or sound like a Pokémon, and he's very smart when using his abilities with water and mud; which, I don't need to remind you about. He couldn't even walk or talk the first time I met him!” Treecko smirked from recalling that silly memory. “Plus, he's a purple Mudkip. Seems like an odd coincidence, am I right?”
Scizor thought about this, sitting down on a log. “Well... that doesn't change much, actually. So what he's human? That doesn't change the fact that he's a Mudkip, albeit a strange one.”
Wait a sec... I remember something... Didn't I once read that teal fish's mind?
What if I try it again now? What is Scizor thinking right now?
I looked a Scizor, and focused. Scizor looked confused for a bit, until suddenly... Time just froze... Everything turned white and black... and I heard a voice.
“Why is he looking at me? Is this what humans do to look at people? He's giving me a strange feeling...”
Everything then flashed, and I was back into the colored, time-flowing world.
“I'm not looking at you this way because I'm human, Scizor. I'm looking at you so I can read your mind.”
Scizor fell backwards, stood up quickly, and looked spooked. “How did you do that?!”
“What did you do to her, Orange?” says Treecko.
Her? Whoops.

“I don't know. I learned that I had the ability to read minds when I rescued that teal fish back at the rocky beach.” I said. “I don't know how I do it, it's as if in my head theirs a button that I can just push when I look at someone.”
Scizor was still shocked by the sudden turn of events. “You... can read minds? Anytime? Any Pokémon? By staring? Don't you dare read mine again!”
“I don't believe it. Read minds? That's impossible! Only psychic Pokémon have that kind of ability, and they can only see the future of Pokémon!” yelped Treecko.
“I promise you that he just read my mind, responding to what I was just thinking.” said Scizor.
“And what were you thinking?” says Treecko.
“That's irrelevant! What matters is he can read minds.” she looked at me. “Can you... control this strange power?”
Could I? It feels so easy to do it, but yet, control? I closed my eyes. The feeling went away. I opened my eyes and stared at Treecko. There's the feeling again,but it was so distant I barely felt it at all. Maybe that's why I have to focus so much.
“... Yes.” I said. Scizor looked relieved.
“I still can't believe it... but I guess I don't want to find out the hard way.” says Treecko
“So... With all these wicked coincidences, ocean rising, purple mudkip, mind-reading and loss of memory... I don't know what to believe anymore.” says Scizor. “Maybe your appearance is related to the ocean rising?”
That hit me hard. Related?! If that gets out, everyone will try to hunt me down!
“You mean, this Mudkip... causing all the disasters?” Says Treecko. A small pause, and Treecko burst out laughing. Scizor sighed, put that crazy idea aside... but then...
“This may sound cliché, but do you guys want to make a team?” says Scizor
This stopped Treecko's laugh, and I became quite interested.
“Your spot on about the cliché part, but why?” asks Treecko.
“I want to get out of the dirty brawling business. I want to fight for the right thing. With Orange here... I think we have a decent chance at becoming a effective team.”
This interested Treecko. “Hm. Okay. But what is our team? A justice team? A survey team? Those are the only teams you hear about these days.”
“No. We shall become a Exploration Team, named after the brave team that found the Hidden Land. What do you say?”
Treecko looked excited. I was curious. What does a exploration team do? Explore?
I had to ask. “Can you define a exploration team?”
“Sure. Exploration teams go out and find treasure, arrest outlaws, rescue Pokémon and find secrets buried deep. We'll bring back the legend that was once... erm... legendary. We'll do incredible feats! Are you two with me?”
“Yeah!” said Treecko.
“Sure, but as long as you keep my mind-reading a secret. And I want you, Treecko to actually remember this promise.”
They both nodded.
“Then it's agreed. Tomorrow morning, we will go to Aron's Guild.” says Scizor. “Before we do, however, we came out of town because we know that the wilds here are almost impossible to survive, seeing as how all the food is at the top of the orange trees... And Mudkips aren’t known climbers. We have a few berries for you, Orange.”
Surprisingly, I didn't notice she was carrying a backpack, and when she opened it, was full of berries. “Let's all have some to share.” says Treecko.
We all ate berries, the most going to me, because I don't even know when I last ate. There so delicious. Technically, this is my first meal I had as a Mudkip, so I was confused why it was so hard it was to fill up my stomach with berries.
“So... Why is the ocean rising?” I ask.
“I don't know. All deep water Pokémon are investigating. We are in the dark.” Scizor says.
That's it?
“You know... we should have Orange as leader.” says Treecko.
“Huh? Why me?”
“Because you think straight and fast, your almost always calm and you can read minds.”

Rubick
01-02-2013, 12:55 AM
“But I don't know anything about this island, it's-” I was interrupted once again by Scizor's claws.
“I agree with Treecko. As long as we stick together, we can help you navigate the island.”
I guess my opinion doesn't matter anymore.
“Yeah. Besides, Orange is a human. He's a natural leader.” says Treecko.
“Alright fine. I'll lead.” I said finally.
“Great! I knew we can count on you, Orange.” says Treecko.
It was still quite dark, but the moon was providing what little light it can. The ocean tide has made in, and has flooded the rocky beach. We finally finished eating the berries, and I was satiated.
“Alright, me and Treecko will go sneak back into Town. You can easily get in if you know how to swim.” says Scizor.
“Aren't you made out of metal?” I asked Scizor.
“My armor is more buoyant then you may think, Orange. We will see you tomorrow morning.”
“W-wait a sec! Where do I go to sleep?”
“Go into a bush or tree and sleep. It's how Pokémon not accustomed to Urban life sleep. Be careful not to sleep in a tree full of Zubats, though.” says Treecko.
“Bye, Orange. Take care.” says Scizor. He picked up her backpack and I waved goodbye, or at least tried to with my short legs. They did as well, and disappeared into the night...
But after all this, I still had the feeling that I need mud. Why
I went to the stairs again and looked at the ocean. It's so calm I can't possibly see it as a natural disaster. The wind was still blowing... I'm sleepy.
Where do I go? They said to go into a bush or tree. I went in a direction left of Mt. Goronix. I was by now fully adapted to my movement, and I got the hang with speaking. I climbed and jumped over roots, and kept going in the direction.

I found the grassy prairie, but what I saw at the lake was what I least expected. I saw three Pokémon... all of which were floating above the lake.
They looked like giant fairies, really. Each had two tails with a crystal red glowing on each, and all the them had different head colors, and have a red crystal on each of their heads.
One had a pink head with four appendages, another had a blue-cone shaped head, and and the last had a yellow head that resembles a helmet. They all had yellow eyes, and pale blue bodies.
At once, the pink fairy notices me. The rest looked at me. They all stared at me, looking confused. They all started to glow their respective colors, and then dashed at me, leaving trails of light.
I barely had any time to react, all I could do... was close my eyes... and hope that what I experience next wasn't painful.
Two seconds passed... Nothing. I heard nothing... Felt nothing... I opened my eyes. I saw the three Pokémon glowing fiercely in front of me... but everything was stopped. They all had a scowl look in their eyes, all looking as if their attacking me... Oh god! Did I stop time?!
What just happened?!
All the Pokémon's eyes had a strange feeling to them. Why are they attacking me? What are they? I was confused, scared. I started walking around them, examining them. The grass I step on didn't come back up, the wind didn't blow, it's as if I had relearned the definition of “Stop”.
Suddenly, I started to see colors, random specks everywhere, orange trees turning orange, grass turning green, and each of the Pokémon returning to their state... and everything started up again, albeit slower... but getting faster. I quickly got out of the three Pokémon's way... and ran away. Didn't turn back. Would they attack me again?!
I got in the cover of the forest, hid in a vertical hole, and time resumed fully at a snap. I waited, hanging on. I was afraid, everything being silent... My feet are starting to slip...
I decided that it was safe to come out. I climbed out, then stood face-to-face against the yellow Pokémon I saw earlier. I looked right into it's eyes, and it looked into mine. It didn't have a scowl look, nor did it try to hurt me. I was... reading its mind...
“Hello?”
I fainted.

Rubick
01-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Chapter 3
Aron's Guild
Feelings? Dreams? I felt suspended, as if I was... Ouch! That hurt... Ow, ow! I feel like a million bee's are stinging me! My head... ow... A sense of falling… down...
I was nudged awake. The next creature I saw next was a half beaver, half rodent Pokémon with a black snout, red nose and beady eyes. It see's that I'm finally awake.
“You damnable Mudkip! You slept in my hole without my permission! As if I would give you permission anyways!” and then runs to the nearest tree and starts gnawing it violently, muttering indescribable words. What...
I left, the morning sun just rising above the tree's on the prairie's horizon. Last night was a daze. Those three Pokémon looked like they were all a family from their appearances. It felt so strange thinking about it, it's as if I trespassed on their territory and I was sentenced to death.
And what was the time-stop all about? Was it caused by me? Was it... someone else? Mind-reading is one thing, but the ability to stop time sounds a bit to much for me to handle...
I cringed and mentally said... Time... Stop!

Nothing. As I expected, it was someone else. Was it maybe I was near death? I won't experiment with that.
I started walking on the prairie grasses, wind blowing against my head fin, and grass tickling my underbelly. It's as if the world of Pokémon was a little too peaceful for my like. And then there's outlaws... How did they ever got the idea to cause trouble in a peaceful area like here?
I saw birds, most likely another species of Pokémon, flying above in a V pattern. I could here a few complaints from what they are saying.
“We were supposed to have left yesterday!”
“Deal with it! Your the one that kept us waiting!”
“That was because I was paralyzed by a damn Shinx! She stole my eggs as well!”
“Then were one generation closer to less clumsy Wingulls!”
“I'll get you, you-!” I then saw two birds fall from the sky, slamming into a rock. What...
I had to concentrate. I'm thirsty! I continued walking through the prairie until I got to the lake. The lake, much to my curiosity, did not contain large fairies, or any sign of them being here. What were they doing? Talking to each other? Whats there to talk? The only topic worth discussing is the rising ocean...
I drank until I could no more, and I stared at the water. I stared at the water real hard. There's no mistaking it, I had a mark on my forehead, which looked like something between a 'V' and a 'U'. How did I get this? This doesn't look like a natural scratch...
“Orange!” yelled a familiar voice behind me.
“Treecko!” I yelled back. I turned around, and not surprisingly, Treecko and Scizor was there.
“You cleared of suspicion, your free to enter.” says Scizor. They all looked happy. “A happy Lumineon confessed that you saved her from the beach, as she was dragged by a rogue wave, then slammed and got stuck between two rocks.”
I almost fell down when Treecko suddenly shrieked. “What's wrong, Treecko?!” Scizor asked.
“Look, his forehead! He bears a legendary mark!”
Scizor looked at my forehead, and flinched. “Agh... Where did you get that?!” she asked.
“I have no idea! I noticed it just recently when I looked into the lake!”
“What did you do after we left last night?!” asked Treecko
“I- went to the lake... and saw three fairies... and they tried to attack me!”
“You mean... You were attacked by the red chain?!” says Scizor
“The Red Chain?” I asked
“A group of legendary Pokémon. Now tell me, what happened after?”
“Well... Before I got hit by them, time... stopped... and I ran into a hole...”
“Then what?”
“I went out after a few moments... and I saw the yellow fairy, except it wasn't attacking me!”
“Uxie?! Did you look into his eyes?!”
“Yeah...”
A long pause. I was extremely curious why they were so shocked. Legendary Pokémon? Don't stare into the yellow fairies eyes?
“I... Don't actually know what that means...” says Treecko.
“Me neither. Oh, question of the ages: What was his eye color?” asked Scizor
“Uhh... Yellow. Just like the rest.” I said.
“Damn. Legends say that Uxie didn't have eyes, but you really looked into infinite blackness, taking away your memories and soul.” says Scizor.
“I'm telling the truth!” I said.
“We fully trust you, Orange. Having that kind of mark is no joke. It means that legendary Pokémon are watching over you, either as a warning or a way to track you... Wash it off before anyone else see's it.” says Scizor
“Just do it, Orange. No questions asked. We have to talk to the wisest Pokémon before we tackle something as... extreme as this.” says Treecko
I jumped into the water, my first time doing so, and came back up. That woke me up...
“Okay, it's gone. Let's head to Aron's Guild.” Says Scizor
“Aron's Guild?” I asked
“Yeah. Big place. I'll talk about it on the way to town.” says Treecko
We began walking towards Bell Tower, and the sun kept rising until the orange effect on the trees disappeared.
“So, about Aron's Guild.” I ask.
“Like I said, Big place. Owned by Aron. It's probably even dangerous to say it if you were saying it under a rock on the bottom of Mt. Goronix, because it's true: He is a criminal mastermind.” says Treecko
“Wha-... Then why isn't he arrested yet?” I ask

“He has everyone in his pocket. All the justice teams and survey teams come from his guild. He has the biggest guild ever made. He also have the most intimidating appearance for a mastermind, a small cute steel body. Don't let your eyes deceive you, he's been carrying an Everstone ever since he was born. Before you ask, Everstone removes your ability to evolve.”
“Evolve?” I ask
“Grrk... When you reach a certain level, you evolve, sometimes you need special conditions.”
“That didn't answer my question” I said.
“Well... Scizor has evolved, so she can explain better.”
“Evolution is like... a physical and mental upgrade. You become bigger, get stronger, get smarter, and all around is a good thing. Aron uses that to his advantage, as he lured many Pokémon into his 'cute' trap early in his career. He's become a legend at the technique.” says Scizor.
“Why did you say 'Grrk' when I first asked that question, Treecko?” I asked.
“Well... I plan to evolve very soon. I'm level 15. I evolve at 16. I just need a little bit more practice.”
“Huh? Level?”
“Yeah, you know, you power?”
I was confused. “Whats my power?”
“Uhh... What's your level?”
“13” I said on instinct.
“There you go.” says Treecko.
“W-wait a sec, how did I do that?”
“Well I don't know. We don't usually pay much to how we know these things. Maybe one day you will also get the hang of it.”
We crossed the river. The town walls are ahead.
“Remember. Don't say anything about human.” wispered Treecko, to me and Scizor.
We approached the gate. Staravia was there, squawking in her own busy business, and said “Just go in!”.
The doors opened slightly, and we winked inside. The town was... Organized.

And from here I quit and began anew with an actual outline to keep track of things.

dud190
01-02-2013, 06:52 AM
Just all of it at one time....
Other than one time when you said poliwhirl instead of poliwrath, it was excellent! Make more!

Cutiepuffle
01-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Looks good except you shouldn't post all those chapters like that fast.

Rubick
01-16-2013, 05:33 AM
Looks good except you shouldn't post all those chapters like that fast.

I would ask you to deal with it. This story was to be released when fully done, and it would have filled up huge amounts of forum pages. It was discontinued because it didn't have any advanced outline. The extremely strange system with posts in the forum barely keeps any formatting of the original piece.

Before you ask "Why can't you post it while you progress?", it's because I'm constantly changing the entire chapter as I progress forward, because either I most likely have a better idea or the rare conflict that may appear.

I should have posted this instead, but I posted this entire story before I asked Zachgoose for Google doc links. If you want italics and all that, go here. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pE8WJyOoQ-ccyVAmcfJn2y0GOsgUO_-o5nVm5WNR9-M/edit