PDA

View Full Version : What is your opinion on weather based teams?

phantomscar
01-01-2013, 06:18 AM
I honestly think that they are quite overpowered due to how easily they set up, gain stat bonuses and sweep. I'm especially concerned about vaporeon and politoed. Being able to use rest without having to sleep and having vaporeon being a great defensive pokemon already just seems over powered

Dragonite
01-01-2013, 06:27 AM
The best way to not worry about weather teams is to use them yourself. I enjoy using weather, it adds even more depth to the mental game of Pokemon. Granted, most weather abuse isn't allowed in the lower tier standard rules, but you can still have fun with it.

Although there are sometimes when I wish I could go on the GTS just once without seeing a Tyrannitar or Ninetails.

CChariz
01-01-2013, 08:03 AM
I like weather teams.I even use them in-game.They're pretty sturdy and can annoy the opponent if he/she can't handle it.

sonriopoby123
01-01-2013, 06:27 PM
They're awful, overpowered, stupid, bad, and everyone who uses them should feel bad.

Course I use them. :3

Umbrony
01-02-2013, 08:19 AM
They're awful, overpowered, stupid, bad, and everyone who uses them should feel bad.

Course I use them. :3

Go home and feel bad

I also second this notion, so brb feeling awful about myself

Tainers14
01-02-2013, 08:24 AM
I hate hate hate hate using weather teams, because when two weather teams collide, it becomes a battle of who controls the weather and you have to centralize your whole game plan around keeping your weather pokemon alive. So to completely avoid this nonsense, I just stick to not using weather. Gen 5 makes me sad since the meta game revolves around weather, waiting for 6th gen to hit and have some stupid ability that makes weather look like charizard in 4th gen.

Uzi
01-02-2013, 10:30 AM
waiting for 6th gen to hit and have some stupid ability that makes weather look like charizard in 4th gen.

so the most used pokemon in ubers????

To be honest I like the concept of weather, since it leads to strong teams that have great offensive potential. I hate that Gen 5 has basically made it so Weather is a dominant factor in OU, which is boring as **** because I don't want to use Politoed and Dragonite. Sun is my favorite, followed by Rain because I get to use my favorite Pokemon (Infernape and Politoed). Like, there's tons of stuff you can do inside the small teams you have. Like you could play rain stall or an offensive rain team, or a balanced one. Or you could play balanced sun, etc etc.

I like using it, and playing against it. GOD BLESS LANDORUS-T FOR U-TURNING ON POLITOEDS ALL DAY.

xBlackthornWolfx
01-02-2013, 03:29 PM
I really like weather teams as well, and happened to use a rain team when running my Water type gym. It comes down to how you use it I guess, I usually try not to be super uber powerful about it. And my team wouldn't simply fall apart if I lost my weather. So yeah, it can be fun, and heck sometimes being over powered now and then can be fun c;

Weavile
01-02-2013, 09:31 PM
It's part of the game, so complaining about it because you can't deal with it is useless. If you don't like weather, run Suicune with Sandstorm Hail Sunny Day and Rain Dance. There, you never have to worry about weather again.

I personally love using weather gimmicks. I often use all four weather inducers on one team just for kicks. If you play well, weather should never be an issue to overcome.

UbersSuck20
01-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Rain teams are extremely overrated. I used one on PO before changing it, and also used a sand team in Ubers. Tried sun and hail just so I can write my analyses.

Tainers14
01-02-2013, 10:50 PM
so the most used pokemon in ubers????

I was thinking more cloud 9, but having it on pokemon that don't suck. AND CLOUD 9 ALTARIA IS TRASH

Uzi
01-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Golduck isn't that bad.

Tainers14
01-03-2013, 05:27 AM
Why would you use Golduck when You can use Suicune? Gotta use that type of logic when assessing pokemon, dude.

Qwerty
01-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Weather dominates the meta. Toad is #2 in usage for december. Ttar is #7, and ninetails is #17.

If you play well, weather should never be an issue to overcome.
You have to prepare extensively for weather or you get completely dumped on by it, since its just stupidly strong.

Rain teams are extremely overrated. I used one on PO before changing it, and also used a sand team in Ubers. Tried sun and hail just so I can write my analyses.
Rain isn't overrated imo. It's very, very good, and teams MUST prepare for it or they WILL lose (against decent players). Pokes like Tornadus-T and Keldeo are extremely dangerous in rain, others like Ferrothorn lose major fire weaknesses, and water moves hit like trucks.

IMO weatherless teams have a hard time atm since they have to do tons of preperation for weather if they want to win. Even weather teams need to prepare for opposing weather, which just shows how powerful it is.

sonriopoby123
01-04-2013, 06:10 AM
Tornadus-T and Keldeo are extremely dangerous in rain

That moment when you realize you've been doing it all wrong.

*whimper*

Kyoits
02-19-2013, 02:07 AM
I've never used these overrated teams because well, they're overratred. I could totally imagine raging at one of those teams that keep spamming sunny day and using flamethrower with a ****ing charcoal attached.

herothezero
02-19-2013, 02:56 AM
They're overpowered and sometimes unfair for a new player.

Dragonite
02-19-2013, 03:16 AM
I've never used these overrated teams because well, they're overratred. I could be totally imagine raging at one of these teams that keep spamming sunny day and using flamethrower with a ****ing charcoal attached.

But I LIKE my Ninetails and Flamethrowers and Life Orbs . . .

Krauersaut
02-19-2013, 04:22 AM
Dey r dah must bootifullest tinks in da wurld!!!!

In English, they are worth every drop of reputation they are given, and you shouldn't go into battle competitively being unprepared to face one.