PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Signature

Luna
01-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Hey guys, Kyuubi here. So I've just downloaded some brushes for GIMP and decided to try something. So I made a god awful signature I want you guys to rate. I want some CnC so I can get better at this.

http://i49.tinypic.com/19xath.jpg

Bricktoad
01-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Looks pretty cool, but it looks like a ninetales over the picture, not in it :/ 9/10

Qwerty
01-03-2013, 08:28 AM
^
Please don't give CnC unless you know what you're talking about, as it won't help.

Tbh there's nothing much to say. I don't give /10 ratings, but like you said its god-awful its nothing but basic brushing, a render, and horrific text.
Now that I'm done dissing your work I'll try and be constructive. Look up some tutorials and keep on learning and practicing. As of right now you're a complete beginner in gfx, so find some tutorials to teach you new things and gradually build up your skill. I would recommend starting with C4D's and space stocks, learning to integrate a render into a background, and not relying on brushing. For now, ignore text as it will look bad 99% of the time unless you're really good (just ask any of the better gfxers on these forums, we all suck at typography).

Krauersaut
01-28-2013, 04:32 AM
What Brick said. 9/10 though, it looks pretty damn sexy :D

Kyoits
02-10-2013, 05:22 PM
It looks good but far from great.

Cutiepuffle
02-10-2013, 08:36 PM
8/10

The text shouldn't have been pink. It feels out of the atmosphere.

Bricktoad
10-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Yeah I gave the best criticism ever

Ayra
10-12-2013, 02:52 PM
That text is just... Off. The background is all right. Render's okay, but could have been been put in much better. It actually looks like you dropped it on the background, tbh. 7/10 keep working on it~

X!!
10-12-2013, 03:00 PM
those are high ratings for such a ****ty sig

Shantae
10-12-2013, 03:12 PM
itt: compare the high ratings in this forum sigs and ss forumotion terribad sigs.
lmao people still can't criticize a sig property.

Just saying.

Aaron
10-12-2013, 05:14 PM
The text is very out of place. Avoid typography, but if you plan to implement it, try and use a colour that matches your render. The render looks very plain, so maybe try and add some effects to that. Perhaps you could try duplicating the render, smudging it to go with the flow of the sig and setting it on Overlay. Try and keep a colour scheme in mind for the background, because this is a bit all over the place. Play around with some C4Ds, filters and other brushes, but most importantly KEEP TRYING! You'll get better in no time if you stick to it.