PDA

View Full Version : I need help with the PWT

CChariz
01-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Okay,I'm not sure if this the right to post.Because if it isn't in the right place,sorry.
I need some help with the PWT World Leaders.Every time I reach the final round.I get swept.And I REALLY wanna battle the Champions tournament.So help WILL be appreciated.Here's the team I use in the Single Battles.(If this is needed.)

Samurott @ Quick Claw
-Surf
-Waterfall
-Dig
-Ice Beam

Magmar @ Heat Rock
-Flamethrower
-Sunny Day
-Faint Attack
-Dual Chop

Eelektross @ Leftovers
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Drain Punch

A sample team would be greatly appreciated.But,if not,then help improve my team.

Pokemon73
01-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Well what I do isn't single battles, I do rotation because you can see all Pokemon that are on the field and I use:
Emboar with charcoal
Flamethrower
Heat crash
Brick break
Flame charge

Vaporeon with leftovers
Surf
Ice beam
Dig
Water pulse

Haxourus with Draco plate
Earthquake
Dragon claw
Strength
Dragon dance

I then use another Pokemon in my team for the last one

Dabottle
01-26-2013, 05:17 PM
Try evolving your Magmar.

CChariz
01-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Try evolving your Magmar.

I can't.Unless someone would like to trade my Magmar and back.

Dragonite
01-27-2013, 12:45 AM
Time to dig into this like it's a competitive team, I guess. Don't really know much about the PWT, so feel free to disregard this post completely.

Samurott @ Quick Claw
-Surf
-Waterfall
-Dig
-Ice Beam

Magmar @ Heat Rock
-Flamethrower
-Sunny Day
-Faint Attack
-Dual Chop

Eelektross @ Leftovers
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Drain Punch

I can help you evolve Magmar if you want. But it looks like it's main purpose is to set up Sunny Day, you might want to look into a Dream World Ninetails that has the Drought ability (I might be able to trade you one of those too, not sure.)
I don't know why you'd have both Surf and Waterfall, I'd stick with Surf because Samurott usually has a higher SpA and Surf is about 19% stronger anyway. I'm not a fan of the Quick Claw; it activating/not activating at the wrong time has screwed me over way too many times, on the GTS and in game. If you're hoping for some priority, Samurott can learn the priority Aqua Jet.

Emboar with charcoal
Flamethrower
Heat crash
Brick break
Flame charge

Vaporeon with leftovers
Surf
Ice beam
Dig
Water pulse

Haxourus with Draco plate
Earthquake
Dragon claw
Strength
Dragon dance

I know next to nothing about Rotation Battles, I'm going to assume they have more to do with your ability to predict rotations than anything else.

Emboar has 3 Fire attacks. In game, the ability to hit as many Pokemon with super effective attacks is reeeeeeeally important. I may suggest Earthquake, Stone Edge, Wild Charge or maybe Scald.
Water Pulse on Vaporeon . . . once again, coverage. Shadow Ball gives you some extra coverage and is only a little weaker than STAB Water Pulse.
Strength on Haxorus: NO. Teach it Return and ride your bike around/go visit Join Avenue to maximize its happiness.

Pokemon73
01-27-2013, 01:55 AM
Time to dig into this like it's a competitive team, I guess. Don't really know much about the PWT, so feel free to disregard this post completely.

I can help you evolve Magmar if you want. But it looks like it's main purpose is to set up Sunny Day, you might want to look into a Dream World Ninetails that has the Drought ability (I might be able to trade you one of those too, not sure.)
I don't know why you'd have both Surf and Waterfall, I'd stick with Surf because Samurott usually has a higher SpA and Surf is about 19% stronger anyway. I'm not a fan of the Quick Claw; it activating/not activating at the wrong time has screwed me over way too many times, on the GTS and in game. If you're hoping for some priority, Samurott can learn the priority Aqua Jet.

I know next to nothing about Rotation Battles, I'm going to assume they have more to do with your ability to predict rotations than anything else.

Emboar has 3 Fire attacks. In game, the ability to hit as many Pokemon with super effective attacks is reeeeeeeally important. I may suggest Earthquake, Stone Edge, Wild Charge or maybe Scald.
Water Pulse on Vaporeon . . . once again, coverage. Shadow Ball gives you some extra coverage and is only a little weaker than STAB Water Pulse.
Strength on Haxorus: NO. Teach it Return and ride your bike around/go visit Join Avenue to maximize its happiness.

No I needed something in my adventure and it has the rivalry ability and since like half of the are male so good coverage

Here are my last three options for you

Unfesant with sharp beak and super pecks ability
Air slash
Fly
Air cutter
Quick attack

Renaclus with twisted spoon
Physic
Phynoshock
Hidden power ( ghost )
Recover

Levanny with insect plate and swarm ability
Leaf blade
Shadow claw
X scissor
Bug bite

Dragonite
01-27-2013, 02:17 AM
No I needed something in my adventure and it has the rivalry ability and since like half of the are male so good coverage

I don't get what you mean. You mean Haxorus? Return at maximum happiness merely has much, much higher base power than Strength.

Here are my last three options for you

Unfesant with sharp beak and super pecks ability
Air slash
Fly
Air cutter
Quick attack

Renaclus with twisted spoon
Physic
Phynoshock
Hidden power ( ghost )
Recover

Levanny with insect plate and swarm ability
Leaf blade
Shadow claw
X scissor
Bug bite

Coverage, the ability to hit as much opponent as possible using one Pokemon. You don't get to switch in/out after beating anyone in the PWT, so the ability to do as much damage using one Pokemon - to ANY of the Gym Leaders, Champions, whatevers - is a really, really big help. A general rule is to have no more than one move of each type, unless one has priority or something.

Once again, 3 Flying attacks on Unfeazant. Unfeazant's Special Attack is absolute rubbish, so Air Slash and Air Cutter will hardly do damage.
The generic Normal/Flying generally isn't the most useful type in the game, since Normal isn't super effective on anything and Unfeazant learns exactly three (3) attacks that aren't Normal or Flying - Hidden Power and Heat Wave, which are the aforementioned Special category, and U-Turn - so I wouldn't recommend this for just about anything in-game.

Reuniclus, with Psychic and Psyshock (I think that's what you mean by "Phynoshock"). One hits for physical damage, the other is slightly more powerful and can cause a Special Defense drop. Pick one. Also, Reuniclus learns Shadow Ball, which hits harder than Hidden Power can ever dream of, perfect accuracy and also has a chance for a Special Defense drop. You get the TM in Reversal Mountain. (Hidden Power is tricky, it should only really be used if you can't otherwise learn a move of a certain type but really want one. It can have a base power of UP TO 70 - but ONLY IF YOUR IVs ARE REALLY, REALLY GOOD.)

Leavanny, I'm willing to bet my Mewtwo that you almost never use Bug Bite when you want a Bug-type move. Stealing a held Berry is nice, but it's sooooooooo situational it's not even funny. 60 base power is pretty wimpy, too.

CChariz
01-27-2013, 05:41 AM
Okay Dragonite.Actually,that team is my in-game team.That's why there is Waterfall and Surf.And I'd be happy to trade.But I can't at the moment.There's no Wi-fi where I live.And I only gave Magmar Sunny Day because I thought there's not much to teach it.It's sorta helpful when I face Gardenia or Candice and they send out Abomasnow.

Dabottle
01-27-2013, 01:17 PM
And I only gave Magmar Sunny Day because I thought there's not much to teach it.It's sorta helpful when I face Gardenia or Candice and they send out Abomasnow.

Or you could, you know, OHKO it with a Fire attack.

Bricktoad
01-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Might as well get in another post before I am dead
My one question is this:
Why on earth are you using a SAMUROTT?!?!?!??!
Samurott is not a reccomended choice. Its lack of Sp. Defense does not make it a wall. The fact that Samurott works well only with low HP does not provide a decent wall for electric types. The thing needs a decent special defense, there are a lot of Special attackers in the PWT, and I find myself not using Samurott as often in any battle unless it is Rotation, and even that it is meh.
Plus, Dig is not a recommended move on Samurott. Unless you have a ground gem, Dig does not have much use, and I can only think of about 3 Pokemon Dig is useful against. The fact that Electric types are much faster than samurott proves it is basically worthless. Samurott is more of a physical attacker, which most of the gym leaders can wall. Since Samurott is normally slower, and its attacks do not OHKO, it will LOSE. LOSE LOSE LOSE. I have tried using Samurott, Jellicent, and Carracosta in the PWT, and Jellicent by far works the best
Unless you can find a way to wall Special Attacks, Samurott is not the best choice.

CChariz
01-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Might as well get in another post before I am dead
My one question is this:
Why on earth are you using a SAMUROTT?!?!?!??!
Hmmm.Okay.Cause it was my starter,and I thought it was a good idea.But with THAT explanation.I'll defiantly change it.I was thinking of using an EV trained team.That a good idea to any of you?

megagamer
01-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Well i beat the Champions..(After like 20 attempts)
I used Samorrut, Arcienine, and Lilligant.
Basically the Champions deal mostly with Dragon types. (Mostly Lance and they paired me with him every time) so Ice Beam is the way to go. Arcienine lowered their attack for me and Lilligant Quiver Dance and Sleep powdered them.

So what isay to you is experement a little. Do not use Bug types because the Champions are mostly Dragon based. Red and Blue are different though.

CChariz
01-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Well i beat the Champions..(After
like 20 attempts)
I used Samorrut, Arcienine, and
Lilligant.
Basically the Champions deal
mostly with Dragon types. (Mostly
Lance and they paired me with him
every time) so Ice Beam is the way
to go. Arcienine lowered their
attack for me and Lilligant Quiver
Dance and Sleep powdered them.
So what isay to you is experement
a little. Do not use Bug types
because the Champions are mostly
Dragon based. Red and Blue are
different though.

Uhhhhhh,mega.My provlem is the World Leaders Tournament.Not the Champions Tournament.But thanks for the advice though. n_n

Weavile
01-29-2013, 04:10 AM
You're gonna want competitive sets to maximize your victory at PWT. I used non EV trained Pokémon with competitive movesets and had very good success. Basically, you're gonna want a set-up sweeper, an all out attacker (Life Orb, or other) and a bulkier mon to back you up. The three I had success with were with easily obtainable Pokémon and items.

Arcanine @ Expert Belt/Life Orb/Charcoal
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Outrage/Extremespeed
Crunch/Close Combat

This Arcanine gets basically perfect type coverage, and managed to OHKO his way through most of the tournaments up to Champions.

Lucario @ Expert Belt/Life Orb/Wise Glasses/Leftovers
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball/Psychic
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse

Lucario can set up very easily against a lot of the PWT and after 2 or 3 Calm Minds he can OHKO pretty much everything.

Serperior @ Leftovers/Miracle Seed/Silk Scarf/Expert Belt
Coil
Leaf Blade
Aqua Tail
Return

Serperior is much more defensive, but also has the ability to set up against a lot of the PWT. After a few Coils, Serperior becomes both indestructible and hard hitting.

And there ya have it, a team that's very easy to get and destroys the PWT. (Haven't fought the champions one with this team yet)

CChariz
01-29-2013, 06:16 AM
okay.I'll give it a try. n_n