PDA

View Full Version : Update to Infractions and League of Legends Tournament

Super Skarmory
01-30-2013, 11:53 PM
Ohaider, I have a few small announcements for the site.

For starters, hopefully this weekend I will start a weekly blog and it will include things such as what is in this thread.

Second, Zach has set up a 1 v 1 League of Legends tournament, details are on the tournament tab. I will be entering. It is all random so even if you aren't as skilled of a player, you still can get lucky and maybe have a chance, unless you go against Growth, then just quit. XD NA servers only.

Third, a few of the staff brought up with me the other day a discussion regarding infractions. The discussion was over if they are effective at deterring toxic behavior. The conclusion was that infractions need to last longer because people weren't taking them seriously enough. We couldn't really raise the infraction points because that didn't make sense so the only thing we could do is increase the time period. So basically here is the tl;dr version. All infractions now last for a long period of time. I updated the infractions in the rules announcement. Simple infractions will last around a month, up to as much as 3 for more serious infractions. Anything that is super serious will typically be a ban as it has always been. Keep in mind that infractions do stack, if you get marked for spam today and then again tomorrow, the first infraction will wear off in a month, and the second one will wear off a month after the end of the previous infraction's expiration date. Excessive spamming will give you a record that will take a long time to clean off. This is highly subject to change and any details of future changes will be explained in weekly vlogs or another news announcement. I kind of made these changes in the middle of class when the professor was reviewing last weeks material so I'll probably go back and make changes.

Shaymin
01-31-2013, 12:02 AM
Holy smokes, these infractions have gotten serious. But for our behavior, I suppose we deserve it.

sonriopoby123
01-31-2013, 12:09 AM
But that means I won't be able to make obnoxious posts anymore!!!11!111!!!1

I don't play LoL, so good luck to everyone who enters!

The Arrow
01-31-2013, 12:21 AM
Wow, infractions sure have risen up the power meter. No one better make a mistake now, or else you'd definitely pay for it.

Dragonite
01-31-2013, 12:29 AM
Hmm, maybe people will stop bashing a certain Pokemon73 now . . . nah, that'll never happen.

I don't play League of Legends, although I'd consider joining anyway if I didn't have these crazy midterm exams next week. Good luck to whoever's in the competition.

BreeZaps
01-31-2013, 12:30 AM
wow... I'll be sure to follow the rules. What about the infractions we have now? Do they go up in time?

Super Skarmory
01-31-2013, 12:39 AM
The infractions are the same, the time they last before expiring on most of them has been increased.

Pokemon73
02-12-2013, 03:53 AM
Hmm, maybe people will stop bashing a certain Pokemon73 now . . . nah, that'll never happen.

I see this post now *facepalms*

Cutiepuffle
02-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Darn, I only read this AFTER getting an infraction.