PDA

View Full Version : Playlog threads?

Luna
03-04-2013, 05:02 PM
So, a lot of people here like doing playlogs, so why not dedicate a section to them?

Give opinions here.

Dabottle
03-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Sounds cool. We have our beautiful FE section now, so I'm not as interested as was before, but it's still a pretty great idea.

Sir Muffin of Saucer
03-04-2013, 05:08 PM
This would be a pretty great feature. I've thought of doing something like this before, but I've never really gone through with it. I'm sure it'll be popular if implemented.

Ice
03-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Would still be cool, though I don't care as much as I used to since so many were FE and that's kind of what the FE board is.

Dragonite
03-04-2013, 09:00 PM
I agree with this. Hopefully this will stop cluttering up 5th Gen/Other subforums a little bit.

Organization!

Kyoits
03-05-2013, 12:15 AM
It would be very nice and we wouldn't have to search in the game sections for one. Which is actually the whole point, I guess.

Luna
04-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Going to revive this thread, because this hasn't yet been locked, so there's still hope.
Also:
[24-04, 18:05] Kyuubi: Do you guys know if there's been a thread made about the video games people are currently played?
[24-04, 18:07] Kyuubi: playing*
[24-04, 18:08] Sir Muffin of Saucer: Stuff that, Kyuubi.
[24-04, 18:08] Sir Muffin of Saucer: We need a playlog section.
[24-04, 18:09] Sir Muffin of Saucer: IF ANYONE MENTIONS FIRE EMBLEM DISCUSSION I WILL WHACK THEM WITH A HOT POKER.

Sir Muffin of Saucer
04-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Is this thread just being entirely ignored despite how every response has agreed with the idea?

Dabottle
04-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Is this thread just being entirely ignored despite how every response has agreed with the idea?

That's SupahScummawey's website for ya!

herothezero
04-25-2013, 12:13 AM
This sounds like a good idea. Why hasn't this been made into (looks at Pengy's post)...ooohhh.

BreeZaps
04-28-2013, 09:41 PM
[28-04, 14:39] Zachgoose: I'm against the idea but I could be convinced.
[28-04, 14:39] Zachgoose: Do we really have THAT many non-FE playthroughs that warrant a section of their own?
[28-04, 14:40] Zachgoose: I haven't responded to the thread because I didn't want to give an ultimatum and wanted users to discuss it further
[28-04, 14:41] Zachgoose: Ugh. It's so hard to type in this chat on my phone

I don't think it's happening.

Dabottle
04-28-2013, 09:50 PM
It'll happen if the people who want it provide decent reasoning. I'm kind of indifferent, but see no harm in having a sub-forum for it.

Ice
04-28-2013, 10:12 PM
[28-04, 14:39] Zachgoose: Do we really have THAT many non-FE playthroughs that warrant a section of their own?
And this is why people point to FE Discussion whenever a playlog board is brought up. They're the majority of that board and the most common playlogs here. Every other one is basically Pokémon, and it's not like General is some really active board that gets tons of posts daily and buries any attempts to host and update a playlog in there.

I'm still behind the idea provided that a decent number of people actually want to make playlogs for games and series that currently don't fit under the sections that are already being used for that. I'd assume that would also make Amir more likely to do something about it.

KingCorphish
04-29-2013, 12:37 AM
One question - What is a PlayLog? It sounds REEALY cool, but I would like to know a little more before I give my opinions.

Xerodragon12
04-29-2013, 03:26 AM
Notice that everyone who whole-heartedly supports this idea is in the Eurokiddie **********

Uzi
04-29-2013, 06:01 AM
hi hello your newest administrator here.

currently the only games that constantly see a flow of playlog threads are.
a. fire emblem
b. pokemon

both of these games have sections, and its not as if we have tons of new things coming into those sections everyday. so there's absolutely no reason to make a sub-forum for this. i'd like to know what games you guys are planning on playlogging if there is anything you people play besides pikmin, pokemon, age of empires, team fortress 2, and fire emblem.

Ayra
04-29-2013, 06:45 AM
So pretty much, since the only franchises that get playlogs here are Pokemon and FE, we do not need this at the moment. Also, the idea is great, but currently pointless due to the fact that said franchises have their own sections, providing a good place for such threads. However, as in once every time there is a blue moon that happens to appear behind a rainbow, a playlog for another franchise shows up in its rightful position, and probably will get buried. If this happened more often, The staff might actually make a playlog section.

Also, some members here, a certain group in particular, is really pushing for this to be ratified. These people really want their section so they can make their playlogs. If you happen to be part of this party, or alternatively, supporting it, Here is what I recommend: instead of endlessly petitioning in this thread, make some bloody playlogs in Nintendo Discussion and Gaming General. It might motivate the staff to put them somewhere.

Oh, and yes, I am still neutral about this.

Judge Mandolore Shepard
04-29-2013, 02:01 PM
While I am undecided about whether or not playlog threads actually need their own section, I might be willing to post a play log thread of my own. Course I would be doing it for Mass Effect 3. Course I would be doing a draft for figuring out the weapons I would be using in game.

Luna
04-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Notice that everyone who whole-heartedly supports this idea is in the Eurokiddie **********
Erm...
Does this really matter? Does the fact that we, as delicately as you put it, are Eurokiddies, deny us what we want?
Also, Muffin, LP and Ice saw this thread before I started talking to them on Skype, so it's not like I could have said anything to them without someone noticing when this thread was made.

Xerodragon12
04-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Does the fact that we, as delicately as you put it, are Eurokiddies, deny us what we want?

Just because everybody in this thread wholeheartedly agrees doesn't mean we should implement something just to please one single demographic on this forum. Unless you guys decide to do playlogs of other games that don't have their own sections (i.e not pokemon or Fire Emblem) I highly doubt we will be implementing a playlog section.

Ice
04-29-2013, 07:34 PM
tbh you and Muffin are really the only ones truly pushing this while everyone else seems to either be neutral or wants to know what exactly you're planning on doing that will require non-FE/Pokemon/VG general boards to be used for playlogging so it's not really a false statement. Unless I've missed someone else that feels like this is incredibly important.

Luna
04-29-2013, 07:45 PM
The problem is that no one will be able to really do a game that isn't FE or Pokémon in Gaming's current state. This is what we have to work with at the moment:
http://puu.sh/2JC2Y.png
Obviously, I'm leaving out FE and Pokémon.
Can you imagine trying to get your thread noticed when there are other people trying to do the same? General Gaming would become chaos. If we had a playlog section, then we have an organised place for people. It's amazing what people will do when the opportunity is given to them.

I propose this:
Make a playlog section, and keep it throughout May. If it sees enough use, then keep it, but if it doesn't, then feel free to delete the section itself.
'Enough use' would have to be decided by an admin, of course.

Dabottle
04-29-2013, 07:45 PM
If you want to make a playlog, go make it in VG General. If there are enough, you can try again. Simple solution.

Minntul
04-29-2013, 08:09 PM
idk the only playlogs i see are either fe or pokemon related

the fe general was made because the fe playlogs totally crammed up nintendo games general

if people really want this playlog section, why don't they start making these playlogs in vg/nintendo general now and we'll see where it goes from there?

KingCorphish
04-29-2013, 09:52 PM
(still don't know what a PlayLog is)
I think that Kyuubi's idea is a good one. I think the mods and admins should make a PlayLog and keep in May an see how it goes.

Ice
04-29-2013, 09:54 PM
playlogs are what they sound like - logs of your playthrough of a game

he's not actually telling the admins to make a playlog

Dabottle
04-29-2013, 09:54 PM
(still don't know what a PlayLog is)
I think that Kyuubi's idea is a good one. I think the mods and admins should make a PlayLog and keep in May an see how it goes.

This post would be even better if it were in English. ^_^

Merga
04-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Erm...
Does this really matter? Does the fact that we, as delicately as you put it, are Eurokiddies, deny us what we want?

Not necessarily, we already gave you a Fire Emblem section because the Eurokiddies wanted it. Europe =/= entire forums btw, and it doesn't look like the entire forums are not interested at this time.

X!!
05-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Unless you guys decide to do playlogs of other games that don't have their own sections (i.e not pokemon or Fire Emblem) I highly doubt we will be implementing a playlog section.

brbmakingaslenderplaylogthread

But seriously, if you want this implemented, then go make your own playlog threads of non-Pokemon/FE games. Is it really that hard to go make a thread about something like Mario or Zelda?