PDA

View Full Version : Please rate my Competitive Battle Team

KingCorphish
03-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Me and my friends are planning a Pokemon Tournament where the only rules allowed are NO CHEATED POKEMON AND NO LEGENDARIES I needed a competitive team with no cheated pokemon. So I made one up. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks!

Gengar:
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
(Held item: Quick Claw)

Exeggutor:
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Wood Hammer
Leafstorm

Poliwrath:
Hypnosis
Hydro Pump
Mud Bomb
Dynamic Punch

Lunatone:
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Psychic
Rock Slide

Noctowl:
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Fly
Sky Attack

Bronzong:
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Earthquake
Charge Beam

Dragonite
03-20-2013, 08:12 PM
I always have to laugh a little when the rules say "no legendaries." Articuno, Regirock and Regice are all legendaries that get their butts spanked by more common non-legendaries like Lucario.

Anyway. Hypnosis team. Hypnosis' accuracy is somewhere between "meh" and "God-awful," but okay . . .

- No IVs, or natures are listed; only Gengar has a listed item. Not much to work with, but okay. (This looks more like an in-game team than anything else =P)
- Gengar only has two moves listed?
- Exeggutor can learn Sleep Powder in addition to Hypnosis, which has much better accuracy.
- Noctowl's Sky Attack requires a charge turn. Noctowl also isn't the swiftest of Pokemon, so the opponent is probably going to get two hits in before it even gets one.
- For most of these Pokemon, they have both physical and special attacks. You usually want to pick one and maximize its power instead of using both at half-power. (Example: Exeggutor has usable physical attack, but it could dish out much more damage if you gave it some other special attack like Sludge Bomb or Hidden Power.)
- Dynamic Punch: do you really want to play with only 50% accuracy?

Dabottle
03-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Sleep clause exists for a reason: preventing stupid teams like this.

herothezero
03-20-2013, 09:34 PM
I'd recommend only 1 or 2 pokemon have hypnosis and only Poliwrath and Bronzong have Dream Eater. Also, edit this to show items and EV's and posts Gengar's other moves. You might also may want to get rid of the Quick Claw, seeing that it's not exactly good in competitive battling, especially not with a fast pokemon like Gengar. Also, replace Psychic/Psyshock is a better option than Wood Hammer for Exeggutor. Getting rid of Fly is recommended for Noctowl. For Bronzong, replace either Charge Beam or Earthquake with either Psychic/Psyshock or Gyro Ball depending on hat kind of set you use. Also, for more help with sets, items and EV's, look up each of those pokes on Smogon. Hope this was helpful KC!