PDA

View Full Version : SuperSkarmory Forum/Community Youtube Channel

herothezero
03-29-2013, 02:35 PM
You've probably noticed by now that other members of this site have YT channels. So should we have a community channel for the forums? It could be a fun way to help bring the community a bit closer together and people could posts let's plays, and series (things like LREFC), and wi-fi vids, and try to have a daily stream. And we could have races and fights between the members in games such as MK7, SSBB, and other games. We could figure out the details later if this gets enough support, but what are your thoughts on it.

Pokemon73
03-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Yes, because this is a great idea but someone has to be in charge if they want to do it, but this is really good if we have tournaments and other things here

Bricktoad
03-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Meh, a collab would certainly be interesting, but I don't think enough people would want to join.
Plus the quality of videos would be scattered. xD

Dragonite
03-29-2013, 02:57 PM
I voted yes for this, for better or for worse, but most people that do battles and collabs and things like that upload them to their own YouTube channels already.

Maybe it could be used as another place to announce news and new staff and things like that, outside of these forums? I still don't know how useful that would be, though . . .

herothezero
03-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Origionally posted by Pokemon73:Yes, because this is a great idea but someone has to be in charge if they want to do it, but this is really good if we have tournaments and other things here

If we decide yes, we could always pick a comittee of members to control the channel.

Pokemon73
03-29-2013, 03:05 PM
If we decide yes, we could always pick a comittee of members to control the channel.

I could be one of them

Dabottle
03-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Let people do their own thing.

Cutiepuffle
03-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Well I have an old community channel called SuperSpeedCollabs. If you want to join, I guess it's ok.

Ayra
03-29-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm going to have to say this is a bad idea. For one, how will it work? Is some staff member going to run it, and we submit videos so he can upload them? or will there be some automatic submission. Okay, both would be to hectic.
And the other thing is this: why would we need this? Seriously, People have their own channels for a reason. People's content is fine being uploaded to the channel of its creator. take LREFC for example- A series maintained be InsanityAndPenguins, known here as Lord Penguin. LREFC is fine being hosted on his channel. If it were hosted on some community channel, it would do all but help the series. Also, individual videos, such as the versus videos that I have been hearing about lately, deserve to be uploaded to their creator's channel simply because it gives credit to the creator. Lastly, this actually takes a negative stab at the community because, since many of our channels are already connected as part of this community, this will bring our channels apart if we surround a channel that claims to rest over the whole community.
In conclusion, some may argue that this idea is to build the community closer together, but I believe it will create a bunch of chaos that will only divide the community.

Cutiepuffle
03-29-2013, 03:25 PM
I'm going to have to say this is a bad idea. For one, how will it work? Is some staff member going to run it, and we submit videos so he can upload them? or will there be some automatic submission. Okay, both would be to hectic.
And the other thing is this: why would we need this? Seriously, People have their own channels for a reason. People's content is fine being uploaded to the channel of its creator. take LREFC for example- A series maintained be InsanityAndPenguins, known here as Lord Penguin. LREFC is fine being hosted on his channel. If it were hosted on some community channel, it would do all but help the series. Also, individual videos, such as the versus videos that I have been hearing about lately, deserve to be uploaded to their creator's channel simply because it gives credit to the creator. Lastly, this actually takes a negative stab at the community because, since many of our channels are already connected as part of this community, this will bring our channels apart if we surround a channel that claims to rest over the whole community.
In conclusion, some may argue that this idea is to build the community closer together, but I believe it will create a bunch of chaos that will only divide the community.

Yoshi, look at NinBuzz.

Dabottle
03-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Yoshi, look at NinBuzz.

NinBuzz was/is a bloody disaster.

Ayra
03-29-2013, 03:44 PM
NinBuzz was/is a bloody disaster.
This
And NinBuzz is a youtube community with a representing forum. Complete opposite of this proposal.
And Pengy is correct. The NinBizz community isn't even doing that well.

Cutiepuffle
03-29-2013, 05:23 PM
This
And NinBuzz is a youtube community with a representing forum. Complete opposite of this proposal.
And Pengy is correct. The NinBizz community isn't even doing that well.

Dang it. I completely forgot that the place died after 2012 summer.

Shaymin
03-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Huh.

Interesting idea, but there's also the problem of equipment needed to record videos. Though I know that there is such a thing as emulators and screen recorders, but I suppose at least one of us likes to have the physical copy and record that, but that's where the problem starts. Most of us are around 12-13, therefore we can't buy our own stuff at any given time. Cameras to record video are like, what, $50-$200? That's not even professional equipment and that's expensive and I don't think most of us (with the exception of Bond, since he apparently has a crap ton of money) have the money to buy that kind of stuff. Capture cards that record video on consoles like the Wii and PS3 are expensive as well.

Then there is uploading times. What if everyone (which I know not everyone will agree) agrees to this idea, but no one uploads? Then the collab channel will be for naught.

Just some problems to keep in mind.

Minntul
03-29-2013, 08:30 PM
seems like a lot of hassle imo. honestly if you want to make a collab channel with your friends then go make one. this is a rather big community and the amount of work to keep the channel maintained would be way more bother than whats worth and its very likely people would lose interest quickly and would rather keep their content to themselves.

idk i think collab channels are dumb because they never know who they want to appeal to.

HoennTrainerRuby
03-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Would users of the forum be able to access the channel and upload things, or would we have to message admins/mods to get something uploaded?

X!!
03-29-2013, 11:44 PM
I'll be honest. I'm kind of interested in this idea, but at the same time, I know it will go completely bad. First of all, over half of the members of this forum who has a YouTube channel make crappy videos with crappier quality. Plus, this forum is full of kids who do not even know how to actually make a decent recording of their screens. There's no point in doing this either. Eyan already has his own walkthrough channel. If we make a SuperSkarmory community channel, then it'll most likely be full of ****ty LPs that will be cancelled after a few months. I'm sure none of the staff members would even agree on this idea.

Dragonite
03-30-2013, 12:09 AM
I'll be honest. I'm kind of interested in this idea, but at the same time, I know it will go completely bad. First of all, over half of the members of this forum who has a YouTube channel make crappy videos with crappier quality. Plus, this forum is full of kids who do not even know how to actually make a decent recording of their screens. There's no point in doing this either. Eyan already has his own walkthrough channel. If we make a SuperSkarmory community channel, then it'll most likely be full of ****ty LPs that will be cancelled after a few months. I'm sure none of the staff members would even agree on this idea.

And then some of our members can't go more than 6 seconds without dropping an F-bomb.

Patriot
03-30-2013, 05:37 AM
Eh, this is pretty pointless. It's perfectly fine if you do this as a collab project separate from the forums, but affiliated with the forums? It's just not necessary and/or viable.

ValuableVictini
03-30-2013, 07:59 PM
It isn't a bad idea. I would join in on it! It is also a great way to grow our YT channels.

Dabottle
03-30-2013, 09:04 PM
It's an awful idea that would result in chaos within a few hours. It doesn't help that most of Eyan's fans are about twelve years old.

Bricktoad
03-31-2013, 10:17 PM
And then a week later the one person who actually uploads stops and the collab gets shut down.

Cutiepuffle
03-31-2013, 10:25 PM
If it does happen, it HAS to be called eyankiddiecentral.

Dragonite
04-01-2013, 12:36 AM
If it does happen, it HAS to be called eyankiddiecentral.

http://puu.sh/2rwwB

Anyone want the login? =)

Bricktoad
04-01-2013, 03:57 AM

Eye doo, wull bee bettr then suprskamry

X!!
04-01-2013, 08:44 PM

im totlly gunna hav 20000000000000000000000000 subs wit dis accont!!11

Cutiepuffle
04-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Hix101's videos will surely get us subs quicker than :sanic:

Dragonite
04-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Don't mock Hix's ability to get views, he actually uploaded a few things that people went and watched a few weeks ago.

Although I have my doubts about the quality.

Bricktoad
04-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Don't mock Hix's ability to get views, he actually uploaded a few things that people went and watched a few weeks ago.

Although I have my doubts about the quality.

You mean by his bloody mass advertising that made me want to jump out of a window?
And people said he wasn't a troll
http://s11.postimg.org/iki4f4kcj/trolling.jpg

♏Ա§♪ℂ~
04-18-2013, 11:31 AM
/late reply ftw.

That's not even professional equipment and that's expensive and I don't think most of us (with the exception of Bond, since he apparently has a crap ton of money) have the money to buy that kind of stuff.
How did you know that? Did I tell you?

Most what people have said, bad idea.

Bricktoad
04-20-2013, 12:22 AM
Yeah Bond can make all the videos and we can sit around and yell at people to feel important.

♏Ա§♪ℂ~
04-20-2013, 12:51 PM
wat. nu. I'm not making videoes.