PDA

View Full Version : Team building, take 2

LuckyLapras
04-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Yes I'm taking another shot at this. I think I've done better this time. So, without further ado, rate mah team!

Lapras (durr)
Calm Nature
Item: Lefotovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Surf, Thunderbolt, Toxic, Ice Beam
EVs (Yes, I'm going there): 252 Sp. Atk. / 252 Speed / 4 Sp. Def.

Haxorus (Yes, the shiny one from the Nature Preserve)
Adamant Nature
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moves: Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Brick Break
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Sp. Def / 4 Defense

Lilligant (1 of 2 'mon that have drastically changed since last time)
Timid Nature
Item: Meadow Plate
Ability: Own Tempo
Moves: Petal Dance, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Hidden Power (Fire)
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk. / 252 Speed / 4 HP

Galvantula (1 of 4 'mon that have stayed the same)
Timid Nature
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Compoundeyes
Moves: Thunder, Volt Switch, Energy Ball, Bug Buzz

Chandelure (Another 'mon that's stayed the same)
Modest Nature
Item: Absorb Bulb
Ability: Flame Body
Moves: Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Psychic

Skarmory (No Eyankiddie comments, please)
Jolly Nature
Item: Red Card (or whatever it's called)
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Brave Bird, Spikes, Whirlwind, Substitute
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 4 Speed

Weavile
04-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Oh my... Well... The team is fairly well balanced, not too many obvious holes that I can see. Your team does get wrecked by Mamoswine if Skarmory is dead however, so that might be something to watch out for.

Lapras: Not the water type most suited to special attacking, but it's passable. Starmie fills the exact same role as this Lapras, but with higher special attack, speed and access to Rapid Spin and Recover. Maybe Substitute over Toxic to get a free attack off on some switch-ins to Lapras, but otherwise thats about as much you'll get out of this guy. If you want a much harder hitting water type special attacker, I'd swing for Starmie, Keldeo, or a Rotom-W to fill this role far better than Lapras can.

Haxorus: Dragon Tail on a Scarf Haxorus is completely redundant, as well as a very unreliable STAB move. Dragon Claw or Outrage would be much better for your needs. I'd also recommend a Dragon Dance set over this Scarf set, because Salamence is a much better Choice Scarf user with Moxie. I'd also recommend Superpower over Brick Break and a second STAB over Rock Slide.

Lilligant: Teeter Dance is unreliable at best, and is made even more useless by including Sleep Powder on the same set. Generally Lilligant succeeds the most with these moves: Giga Drain/Sleep Powder/Quiver Dance/Hidden Power (Fire/Rock). This allows Lilligant to become a deadly QD Sweeper with only a couple of turns set up. Life Orb/Leftovers is also suggested over Meadow Plate.

Galvantula: Nice and solid set. Thunderbolt over Thunder if you like to hit every once in a while, but this set is strong either way.

Chandelure: Scarf or Specs over Absorb Bulb. Otherwise, good set.

Skarmory: Replace your speed EVs with HP EVs. Skarm will live way longer that way. Brave Bird is a much better attacking move for Skarmory over Steel Wing. Automotize is also fairly useless on Skarmory unless you're running an all out attacking set, which this one is not. Roost would be much better for survivability.

There ya have it.

herothezero
04-07-2013, 12:45 AM
Just some recommendations for your team.

Lapras- I'd recommend a bulky special attacker than a fast one. Lapras has terrible speed but it's known for it's bulk.

Haxorus- Replace Dragon Tail with a better STAB move, and you might want to put the 252 SpD EV's on his Atk stat. This allows it to be a sucessful revenge killer.

Liligant- Quiver Dance instead of Petal Dance, and I'd recommend Life Orb intead of the Meadow Plate. Like Weavile said, that'll make it a deadly sweeper.

legome18
04-08-2013, 03:12 AM
i think you should use a magikarp that knows flail but has an item or ability that will get it to one health then if you use flail it will have about 200 attack witch will win instant

sonriopoby123
04-08-2013, 03:50 AM
i think you should use a magikarp that knows flail but has an item or ability that will get it to one health then if you use flail it will have about 200 attack witch will win instant

It's foolproof. Go with this guy's plan.

UbersSuck20
04-08-2013, 05:44 AM
Yes I'm taking another shot at this. I think I've done better this time. So, without further ado, rate mah team!

Lapras (durr)
Calm Nature
Item: Lefotovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Surf, Thunderbolt, Toxic, Ice Beam
EVs (Yes, I'm going there): 252 Sp. Atk. / 252 Speed / 4 Sp. Def.
Why a Calm nature if you're using an offensive Lapras? Go with Timid or Modest. And get rid of Toxic.
Haxorus (Yes, the shiny one from the Nature Preserve)
Adamant Nature
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moves: Dragon Tail, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Brick Break
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Sp. Def / 4 Defense
Outrage > Dragon Tail
Lilligant (1 of 2 'mon that have drastically changed since last time)
Timid Nature
Item: Meadow Plate
Ability: Own Tempo
Moves: Petal Dance, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Hidden Power (Fire)
I'd recommend replacing this with Roserade, but if you desperately want to use it, Quiver Dance > Petal Dance.
Galvantula (1 of 4 'mon that have stayed the same)
Timid Nature
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Compoundeyes
Moves: Thunder, Volt Switch, Energy Ball, Bug Buzz
This is a good set.
Chandelure (Another 'mon that's stayed the same)
Modest Nature
Item: Absorb Bulb
Ability: Flame Body
Moves: Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Psychic
Why Absorb Bulb? Use Life Orb instead.
Skarmory (No Eyankiddie comments, please)
Jolly Nature
Item: Red Card (or whatever it's called)
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Brave Bird, Spikes, Whirlwind, Substitute
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 4 Speed
Don't use a Jolly nature if using Skarmory. Put 24 EVs in Speed.

This team has a lot of flaws, but it can still perform decently.

LuckyLapras
04-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Oh my... Well... The team is fairly well balanced, not too many obvious holes that I can see. Your team does get wrecked by Mamoswine if Skarmory is dead however, so that might be something to watch out for.

Lapras: Not the water type most suited to special attacking, but it's passable. Starmie fills the exact same role as this Lapras, but with higher special attack, speed and access to Rapid Spin and Recover. Maybe Substitute over Toxic to get a free attack off on some switch-ins to Lapras, but otherwise thats about as much you'll get out of this guy. If you want a much harder hitting water type special attacker, I'd swing for Starmie, Keldeo, or a Rotom-W to fill this role far better than Lapras can.
It's sort of a mix between offensive and defensive. I believe it's called a tank. It makes up for Skarmory's low Sp. Def.
Haxorus: Dragon Tail on a Scarf Haxorus is completely redundant, as well as a very unreliable STAB
move. Dragon Claw or Outrage would be much better for your needs. I'd also recommend a Dragon Dance set over this Scarf set, because Salamence is a much better Choice Scarf user with Moxie. I'd also recommend Superpower over Brick Break and a second STAB over Rock Slide.
Dragon Tail is my substitute should Skarmory get hit badly.
Lilligant: Teeter Dance is unreliable at best, and is made even more useless by including Sleep Powder on the same set. Generally Lilligant succeeds the most with these moves: Giga Drain/Sleep Powder/Quiver Dance/Hidden Power (Fire/Rock). This allows Lilligant to become a deadly QD Sweeper with only a couple of turns set up. Life Orb/Leftovers is also suggested over Meadow Plate.
I've been told Meadow Plate insanely boosts Petal Dance's power, and with Own Tempo, I can just sweep until I see a Chandelure.
Galvantula: Nice and solid set. Thunderbolt over Thunder if you like to hit every once in a while, but this set is strong either way.
Compundeyes. Thunder has a 7% (?) chance of missing.
Chandelure: Scarf or Specs over Absorb Bulb. Otherwise, good set.
I got a long road of Gear Station ahead of me
Skarmory: Replace your speed EVs with HP EVs. Skarm will live way longer that way. Brave Bird is a much better attacking move for Skarmory over Steel Wing. Automotize is also fairly useless on Skarmory unless you're running an all out attacking set, which this one is not. Roost would be much better for survivability.
Advice took.
There ya have it.

Just some recommendations for your team.

Lapras- I'd recommend a bulky special attacker than a fast one. Lapras has terrible speed but it's known for it's bulk.
Done that.
Haxorus- Replace Dragon Tail with a better STAB move, and you might want to put the 252 SpD EV's on his Atk stat. This allows it to be a sucessful revenge killer.
As before mentioned, Dragon Tail is backup should Skarmory fail.
Liligant- Quiver Dance instead of Petal Dance, and I'd recommend Life Orb intead of the Meadow Plate. Like Weavile said, that'll make it a deadly sweeper.
I might remove teeter dance in case of double battles. Don't want my own team getting confused.

I am liking your thinking, but isn't that uber?

It's foolproof. Go with this guy's plan.
Hey. I just got a VM. It says "Uber alert"

This team has a lot of flaws, but it can still perform decently.
Lapras: Tanky-ness~. And I might consider Substitute.
Haxorus: See above.
Lilligant: Again, see above.
Galvantula: Thank you.
Chandelure: Send it out against a water type, get hit by a water type move, sweep and repeat.
Skarmory: Jolly = + Speed, - Sp. Atk. Why would I not want it? And should my EV set be 252/232/24 then?

I'll be surprised if this message gets through without a problem.