PDA

View Full Version : Hello Friends :^)

Zachgoose
04-24-2013, 01:52 PM
It's random April update time! I don't have Internet access anymore, but I'm still trying to log on when I can. Hopefully this is just a temporary problem, cause I really miss you guys (not to mention it's driving me insane not to be online 24/7 anyway). In the meantime, I am promoting Uzi to Programmer. He's a long time loyal SS staff member who has been a part of the community since 2009, and we feel that he can handle the additional responsibility. As such, he is also being put in charge of the Battle Rankings. From now on, please send any questions regarding the Battle Rankings or requests to have titles changed to him.

A couple of other noteworthy messages and events:

-Expect a new Pokemon tournament coming up soon. Let me know if you would prefer it to be on the actual games or on Pokemon Online (I'm leaning towards the handheld games at the moment)

-Once again, a message about user behavior. This is a forum for all ages, and you should not insult somebody who doesn't make the best posts due to them being a younger age. All of you were "young and stupid" to a point, so please be courteous. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

-As always, we need more Hit and Give ideas, so feel free to recommend something. Just keep in mind that at least 40% of the community should be able to understand it.

-Remember to check out Super Skarmory's stream and support him (http://www.twitch.tv/superskarmoryproductions); he plays a variety of games while streaming and is sure to entertain you.

-The next rank (unlocked after a year) will stay at the high requirement of 2000 posts. Why? Because it is the second to last rank and, eventually, people WILL unlock it.

-For those of you in the Battle Rankings, what do you think of it? What do you think can be improved?

-The Provisional Ruler of the Battle Rankings by the end of the month will be able to have a custom weapon added (just like how the staff had), so good luck trying to climb to the top!

Other than that, we have a big surprise coming up in the next couple of months, so keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks. :)

Dabottle
04-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Now fix the banners. -_-

Zachgoose
04-24-2013, 01:56 PM
I would love to change them and was under the impression that it would just be a weekly thing. But we've already endured them for this long, so I suppose waiting until the end of April isn't so bad.

Dabottle
04-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Can we get May's early? ;_;

BreeZaps
04-24-2013, 02:24 PM
>I am promoting Uzi to Programmer.
Not a bad move ^_^

And yes the banners -_- DIE BANNERS

>The next rank (unlocked after a year) will stay at the high requirement of 2000 posts. Why? Because it is the second to last rank and, eventually, people WILL unlock it.
What is the rep we need?

>Other than that, we have a big surprise coming up in the next couple of months, so keep your eyes peeled.
OMGZ IS IT KITTENZ?

>Expect a new Pokemon tournament coming up soon. Let me know if you would prefer it to be on the actual games or on Pokemon Online
Handheld. *gets out DSi cause 3DS sucks*

>we need more Hit and Give ideas.
Youtubers!

Edit: 1500 post.

Minntul
04-24-2013, 03:02 PM
>implying these banners aren't glorious

r u avin a giggle or just lack gigglebility

also can we have another league tourny because i actually play the game now

Dabottle
04-24-2013, 03:15 PM
It stopped being funny three weeks ago.

Minntul
04-24-2013, 03:17 PM
they're still really funny if you get them

BreeZaps
04-24-2013, 03:35 PM
they're still really funny if you get them

The banners is a inside joke that the staff only understands :/

Minntul
04-24-2013, 03:51 PM
not really

Luna
04-24-2013, 04:09 PM
-Expect a new Pokemon tournament coming up soon. Let me know if you would prefer it to be on the actual games or on Pokemon Online (I'm leaning towards the handheld games at the moment)

Either or. I'd rather it be on Showdown, but any of the above are also fine.

Uzi
04-24-2013, 05:45 PM
the banners require exactly 5 minutes of playing league of legends and watching one clg game to understand.

XpL
04-24-2013, 05:50 PM
son the entire forums were an "inside joke" many a time ago.

Uzi
04-24-2013, 05:51 PM
are you implying the forums aren't one gigantic ruse?

XpL
04-24-2013, 06:00 PM
what could honestly lead you arrive at that conclusion?
apart from the reichstag

Dragonite
04-24-2013, 07:31 PM
> Pokemon tournaments . . .
I vote console. Never went and figured out that Showdown stuff. ._.

> The next rank (unlocked after a year) will stay at the high requirement of 2000 posts. Why? Because it is the second to last rank and, eventually, people WILL unlock it.
oh God . . .

Also, is there some sort of way you can make the human verification when signing up for the forums more complicated? I swear we've been getting 2 bots a day lately.

Dabottle
04-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Also, is there some sort of way you can make the human verification when signing up for the forums more complicated? I swear we've been getting 2 bots a day lately.

Do you still not need to actually have an email address?

herothezero
04-24-2013, 11:46 PM
-Expect a new Pokemon tournament coming up soon. Let me know if you would prefer it to be on the actual games or on Pokemon Online.
I'd prefer Online/Showdown, but it's your call.

sonriopoby123
04-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Go on the handheld, I never use Showdown/Online.

uzi u better not turn these forums upside down wink

Shaymin
04-25-2013, 01:39 AM
>Other than that, we have a big surprise coming up in the next couple of months, so keep your eyes peeled.

Ooh, surprises.

And like the rest of other members, I (silently) wish to have the banners changed, but I'm a rather patient person, so I could wait another week or more before they get changed.

X!!
04-25-2013, 01:43 AM
>As always, we need more Hit and Give ideas, so feel free to recommend something. Just keep in mind that at least 40% of the community should be able to understand it.
Kirby and Mega Man HaG's, please.

>The next rank (unlocked after a year) will stay at the high requirement of 2000 posts. Why? Because it is the second to last rank and, eventually, people WILL unlock it.
GREAT JOB, ZACH! YOU JUST GOT PEOPLE TO POST 20,000 TIMES A DAY!

>For those of you in the Battle Rankings, what do you think of it? What do you think can be improved?
New weapons would be nice. Replacement of inactive players every month would also be nice. Other than that, the Battle Rankings are fun.

>The Provisional Ruler of the Battle Rankings by the end of the month will be able to have a custom weapon added (just like how the staff had), so good luck trying to climb to the top!
Now I should make sure that nobody will challenge me...

=O

Kyoits
04-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Uzi + programmer/admin = destruction rains from the heavens

Hopefully, the new rank is worthy of 2,000 posts. I'm praying for Purple rank.

orangeftw
04-25-2013, 04:12 AM
I'm praying for Purple rank.

me too :^)

Rocket
04-25-2013, 11:11 AM
>The Provisional Ruler of the Battle Rankings by the end of the month will be able to have a custom weapon added (just like how the staff had), so good luck trying to climb to the top!
Now I should make sure that nobody will challenge me...

You don't say? If Lux and TS can keep busy, I can challenge you again. And beat your inner princess

Patriot
04-25-2013, 12:31 PM
What the SS Forums will look like with Uzi as programmer. (http://www.theworldsworstwebsiteever.com/)

Judge Mandolore Shepard
04-25-2013, 02:06 PM
When it comes to new ideas for the Hit and Give games, I would suggest doing a Metroid one.

Pokemon73
04-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Handheld Pokemon tournament! b/w/b2/w2 4 me!

newsupermariobros
04-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Can you still sign up for battle rankings?

Uzi
04-26-2013, 12:35 AM
xth for patriot is the worst member and needs to be banned

Patriot
04-26-2013, 01:23 AM
xth for patriot is the worst member and needs to be banned

The ultimate enigma of the SS Forurms.

#BANPATRIOT2013

LuckyLapras
04-26-2013, 06:31 AM
Ooh, big surprise. This is gonna be good.

Luna
04-26-2013, 06:31 PM
patriot is a meany to uzi

#BANPATRIOT2013

BreeZaps
04-26-2013, 09:53 PM
patriot is a meany to uzi

#BANPATRIOT2013

Agreed, let's ban him ;)

Tainers14
04-27-2013, 05:27 PM
Since bree zaps said so, we are not banning patriot.

Sorry Patriot!

Patriot
04-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Since bree zaps said so, we are not banning patriot.

Sorry Patriot!

: (((((((((((

bree u ruined everything nice job

BreeZaps
04-27-2013, 06:36 PM
: (((((((((((

bree u ruined everything nice job
Love you to.

Tainers14
04-27-2013, 07:40 PM
too*

come on, step it up.

BreeZaps
04-27-2013, 07:42 PM
too*

come on, step it up.
*steps it up*

Zachgoose
05-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Yo. Didn't feel like making a new thread, but "Liking" posts now gives one reputation point to the user who made the post. People have been slacking a bit on giving out reputation lately, so this should help members get their points up by a bit and reward them for making good posts.

Please note that if you are caught abusing this system, you will have the "like" system permanently disabled for you and lose all of your reputation points.

Luna
05-06-2013, 07:17 PM
when are you changing the banners
the banners are bad
they require changing

Dabottle
05-06-2013, 07:23 PM
when are you changing the banners
the banners are bad
they require changing

We discussed this on the chat earlier. Amir's working on getting it done.

And I made this. (http://i.imgur.com/qe4m6Ti.png)

Luna
05-06-2013, 07:28 PM
We discussed this on the chat earlier. Amir's working on getting it done.

And I made this. (http://i.imgur.com/qe4m6Ti.png)

Ah, right.
Also, could someone answer me, does the Likes that were given to your posts before the change accumulate to rep or not?

Dabottle
05-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Ah, right.
Also, could someone answer me, does the Likes that were given to your posts before the change accumulate to rep or not?

Note how your rep hasn't jumped up by about two hundred. Also note how it didn't drop when the function was originally removed.

Dragonite
08-03-2013, 03:07 AM
Yo. Didn't feel like making a new thread, but "Liking" posts now gives one reputation point to the user who made the post. People have been slacking a bit on giving out reputation lately, so this should help members get their points up by a bit and reward them for making good posts.

Please note that if you are caught abusing this system, you will have the "like" system permanently disabled for you and lose all of your reputation points.

I feel like this is less likely to be abused if you wouldn't tell people of its existence D:

Hakuiin
08-03-2013, 05:17 PM
I feel like this is less likely to be abused if you wouldn't tell people of its existence D:

I feel this is less likely to be abused if you don't mention how it would be less likely abused if Xero didn't tell us that.

Xerodragon12
08-03-2013, 09:02 PM
I feel this is less likely to be abused if you don't mention how it would be less likely abused if Xero didn't tell us that.
Why are you dragging me into this? I didn't say anything

Hakuiin
08-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Why are you dragging me into this? I didn't say anything

Because you are also a Dragon