PDA

View Full Version : Rate My Team - Ou/Uber

Dragonite
05-18-2013, 03:06 AM
I don't usually do these RMT things, since most of my teams are just mix-and-match, but I've came up with a team that consistently performs well in OU (and Uber, with some modifications). I win probably about 60 - 70% of the battles I throw this team out in (I think my OU rating on Showdown is somewhere between 1400 and 1500). Rip it apart as well as you can, I want to make it as air tight as possible.

OU

I love sun teams. Maybe because Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned, maybe because rain was all I used when I used to battle on the GTS for a while and I got bored of it, maybe because I think Ninetails is cooler looking than Politoed and Tyranitar and Hippowdown and Abomasnow, maybe because the nickname "Neintales" actually makes sense, I don't know. The only thing I think it really lacks is a spinblocker, but I like this team and don't really want to bench anyone for a Ghost type . . .

Tugsten (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Curse
- Iron Head

This thing is UU, last I looked, but I have no idea why. I've never seen it OHKO'd, even Sun-boosted Flamethrowers don't seem to be enough to take it down at full HP. So there's that. And then there's the lovely SR and Thunder Wave (although sometimes I forget the opponent has an Espeon, let it get switched in on me and paralyze myself).

Neintales (Ninetales) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- SolarBeam
- Roar
- Psyshock

Given that I like to use reduced-priority Roar as much as possible, I'm thinking about exchanging some speed for some defense. For what it's worth, I might ditch SolarBeam and Psyshock entirely (you really can't do much with 198 SpA in OU without STAB, even if it is super effective) entirely and throw on some fun status like Will-o-Wisp or something fun like that, suggestions plz?

Dracaena (Leafeon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor

Why the bloody hell is this thing NU? My main sweeper. Set up some substitutes in sun, use it to get a free Swords Dance and then hammer away with an Attack of 700. Only problem is those annoying Dragon/Flying things like me and Salamance, should I swap Return for X-Scissor or something?

Pyrella (Charizard) (F) @ Shell Bell
Trait: Solar Power
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

This is over rated? Go put a sock in it. Stealth Rock or otherwise, this wrecks everything if it gets going. Flamethrower with STAB, Sun and Solar Power wrecks everything but Heatran and even does considerable numbers on Dragon switch-ins, who wouldn't fare well against Dragon Pulse anyway.
Hhidden Power Ground and SolarBeam are nice coverage that also do a lot after Solar Power. I didn't know what do do in terms of held items and just added Shell Bell at the last minute, but it's done well enough to mitigate damage from Solar Power.

Deadly Foot (Hitmontop) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Bullet Punch
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch

Even though Charizard can usually work her way around Stealth Rocks, I'd still rather not have them around. Hence this thing. So yeah, there's that. 3 priority moves usually revenge kills stuff pretty reliably. Or just kills stuff in general, depending on the situation. Again, I don't see why this is only UU, didn't like half the contestants in last year's Pokemon championships have one of these things?

I <3 Hypnosis (Espeon) (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Calm Mind

The only actual OU here aside from Ninetales. Neintales. However you spell it. As the name suggests, this is mostly for switching in and using the opponent's Hypnosis and Thunder Wave and SR and whatever against them. Set up some screens if possible, and if even more possible squeeze in a Calm Mind and pass it off to someone else. Taunt isn't usually a problem given Magic Bounce, but then again Espeon has some really nice SpA that's going to waste, would Stored Power > Baton Pass here?

Uber

Before you even open the spoiler, please understand that I do not take the Uber tier seriously at all. One day I accidentally entered a random Uber battle with the above Sun team and narrowly lost (granted, my opponent wasn't the smartest player) so I wondered what would happen if I made a few minor adjustments to it. It only wins probably 10 - 20% of the battles, but that's still 10 - 20% better than my "serious" Uber teams and like I said before, I have a hard time taking this seriously.

That doesn't mean I don't want to see how I can improve on this six Pokemon, so here it is.

Tugsten (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Curse
- Protect
- Iron Head

Similar to above. Except with Protect instead of SR because Groudon already has it, and Curse instead of Iron Defense because Iron Head coming from a Registeel in Uber doesn't do much except to offensive Deoxys.

Ninetails++; (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Yeah, yeah, the only classified Uber in this team of six. Leave me alone. Anyway, as the nickname suggests, all this is would be an upgraded Ninetails. With a slightly more fitting, physical set. This also has T-Wave and Dragon Tail and some speed, reaching its Speed up to a reasonable 306 and letting it paralyze the occasional unsuspecting opponent before they KO with a special attack.

Speaking of Special Attack, would it be more worthwhile to move my Speed to some sort of defense? I like to paralyze stuff quickly, but White Kyurem and Mewtwo and Darkrai have this annoying habit of jumping in, outspeeding Groudon even at maximum Speed and taking it down with an Ice Beam or something.

It lacks Magikarp, though. I already know. Work with what's here, please.

Dracaena (Leafeon) (M) @ (No Item)
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor

Same as above, works almost as well.

Pyrella (Charizard) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Solar Power
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Serious Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Okay, okay, this isn't nearly as good in Uber as it is in OU but I was too lazy to change it out and I'm immature and think it's hilarious to bring one to uber. Now this is slightly more suited for revenge killing stuff. Using a Scarf here instead of a Shell Bell because the speed levels are slightly higher and other medium-speed things like to carry Scarves of their own. Not quite as powerful in Uber thanks to higher stat levels, but most neutral switch-ins still don't approve of neutral Dragon Pulses and Flamethrowers.

Deadly Foot (Hitmontop) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Bullet Punch
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch

Scarfing Charizard means Stealth Rocks are a more immediate concern, so I use Rapid Spin more often than in OU. Other than that, this is mostly the same. Sucker Punch spells death for the Lati@s siblings, Mach Punch usually 2HKOs Speed Boost Blaziken, should they make the mistake of using Protect and Swords Dance, and a few other things.

Dark Void Plz (Espeon) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Reflect
- Light Screen

This was originally a Volcarona for some power in both rain and sun then a Blissey for support, then a Venusaur because Venusaur looks cool, but Darkrai has this annoying habit of showing up and trying to put me to sleep so I copied and pasted from my OU team. Exact same thing. But I feel like I should really put something else in the place of Baton Pass, since Charizard is the only special attacker and Charizard is scarfed anyway and it feels kind of risky when I only set up on the sleeping Deoxys. Or pass off a Substitute, since anyone can make use of that.