PDA

View Full Version : wait a minute... i hate ubers... but i still have an uber team??!?! lol (Peaked #51 on PS)

UbersSuck20
05-20-2013, 07:34 AM
Noobrai (Darkrai) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse

I normally use Darkrai as a lead unless a Tyranitar pops up, since sand breaks darkrai's sash. Dark Void is BROKEN, especially now that Sleep Clause has been deactivated. However, I call it sometimes Miss Void, because 80% accuracy isn't that great. Nasty Plot and the two attacking moves mean that Darkrai is also one of my sweepers.

Heatdumb (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

OK so what is the point of Heatran? To set up on defensive Groudon and stuff. Groudon can't touch me thanks to Air Balloon, and if he tries to set up stealth rock, he'll just get taunted. Fire Blast is a powerful move that destroys Ferrothorn, Forretress and Arceus-Steel even if it's raining, as it will still 2HKO them all. Earth Power is there to OHKO other heatran and damage stuff like Dialga.

Hahasharp (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Night Slash

Just because nobody uses this thing doesn't mean it's not good. Bisharp is a REALLY underrated Swords Dance sweeper. A Life Orb- boosted Sucker Punch is stronger than a Life Orb- boosted ExtremeSpeed from Arceus, and it OHKOes CM Mewtwo and some choice scarfers that think they can revenge kill Bisharp. Iron Head is used as a reliable STAB move that will hurt things that try to predict the Sucker Punch, while Night Slash 2HKOes Lugia and Giratina(-O).

The God??? (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 Spd / 88 HP
Lonely Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Overheat

Now you may be wondering why the hell am I using Overheat. The reason for that is because Skarmory walks over this set all day long if Arceus lacks this move. Other than that, this set is the standard Extreme Killer Arceus, with a Lum Berry to prevent sleep and other unwanted status.

Trollface (Palkia) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder

The revenge killer of the team and the Kyogre counter. Spacial Rend and Hydro Pump are great STABs that will severely dent anything that doesn't resist them. Thunder is for Kyogre and Manaphy, while Outrage hits special walls hard.

Megacross (Heracross) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

The second revenge killer of the team and the late-game sweeper. Sleep Talk is here to prevent Darkrai from setting up on Heracross. It will 2HKO Darkrai even if Sleep Talk happens to select Stone Edge twice in a row(unless it decides to miss, hence STONE MISS!!), while Megahorn and Close Combat are powerful STABs. I'm using a Jolly nature to outpace +1 base 90s with a +Atk/+SpA nature.

So that's it, folks. This is by far my best Uber team I've ever made. I got into top 100 on the Showdown ladder with this team:

UbersSuck20
06-13-2013, 05:38 PM
THREAT LIST(to be completed, only Kyogre, Arceus and Groudon for now)
Green:Not a big threat
Blue:A bit annoying
Yellow:Annoying
Orange:Dangerous
Red:Very dangerous/annoying

1275 Kyogre

Choice Scarf: Switch to Palkia.
Choice Specs: I'll have to switch back to Darkrai if I find out Palkia takes over 50% from Thunder. If the opponent goes for Water Spout instead, easy kill.
Offensive Calm Mind: Annoying if Darkrai has been defeated, but Palkia can 2HKO it with Outrage after Stealth Rock.
Mono-Attacker: Now THIS is the most annoying Kyogre set. Outrage does laughable damage to it and Thunder can't 2HKO it if it used Calm Mind once. Bisharp(with prediction) and Heracross can beat it, but usually I'll have to sacrifice one Pokemon.
Specially Defensive:Palkia can again 2HKO it with Outrage after SR.

1981Arceus

Extreme Killer:Heatran if it doesn't have Earthquake. If it does, then I can weaken it with my own Arceus. Earthquake EK Arceus is pretty rare, anyway.
Defensive:Completely walled by Heatran, who can also Taunt it if necessary.

1982Groudon

Support:Darkrai can put it to sleep with Dark Void, and Heatran can then pwn it. If Groudon wakes up too early, though, it can manage to kill Heatran with a combination of Stone Edge and Earthquake.
Rock Polish:If it tries to set up against Heatran, then I'll simply Taunt it.(Timid Heatran is faster than 176 Spe Adamant Groudon.) I'm in for some serious pain if it sets up against anything else, though.
Paradancer:Since this Groudon comes out early game, Darkrai can shut it down.
Choice Band:Let something die to Earthquake and then switch to Heatran.
Offensive Stealth Rock:Darkrai can take care of this one.

dud190
06-13-2013, 05:48 PM
You do realize that if Groudon or Arceus-Ground has Stone Edge as well, it can use that then use Earthquake or something on Heatran. Otherwise, it's fine(you did get top 100 on Showdown, if I read correctly.) and I need to create another Ubers team on Showdown to see if I can beat this team.

Dragonite
06-25-2013, 04:56 AM
Don't rely too heavily on Dark Void, I can't tell you how many times I've switched in Espeon on someone's Darkrai and the Darkrai puts itself to sleep instead of Espeon. So if you see one of those fancy Magic Bounce things in the back of someone's lineup, be careful. (Same for a Magic Coat on Deoxys lead, but those seem to appear far less frequently.)

Although a rating approaching 1900 on Showdown speaks for itself, so apparently I'm the only one who attempts stunts with Espeon?

Hakuiin
07-14-2013, 03:19 AM
Ubers, can I use this team xD

Kitty
07-14-2013, 04:23 AM
I have Ubers on my Battle Box.

UbersSuck20
07-14-2013, 07:48 AM
Ubers, can I use this team xD

Yes, you can. Though this team is not very good anymore, since the Sleep Clause test is over.

Hakuiin
07-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Yes, you can. Though this team is not very good anymore, since the Sleep Clause test is over.

Yay! (Pretending that I haven't already used it)
Sleep Clause doesn't really matter because I Kill them first.