PDA

View Full Version : [OU] My Baton Pass Team.

dud190
05-25-2013, 05:11 PM
This team has won many battles on Showdown, so I'd thought I'd share it here and see what the SS community thought!

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 HP
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Encore
-Shadow Ball

At the start of a battle, one would think that I would send out my baton passer. But I surprise them and send out Alakazam. If a hazard setter or a stat booster comes out first, I have Encore to help get rid of them. In Showdown, this thing actually gets rid of lots of pokemon even without calm mind, though I have no idea why.

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Naure: Jolly
EV's: 252 Spe, 252, Atk, 4 HP
-Protect
-Baton Pass
-Swords Dance
-X-Scissor

One of actually, two baton passers. Simple really. I get off a Swords Dance. Opposing pokemon lowers me to 1 HP. If there is no hail or sandstorm in effect, I retain that 1 HP. I get a spped boost. I use protect, get another speed boost, then baton pass to someone else.

Scizor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 Spe, 252 HP, 4 Atk
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Agility
-Bullet Punch

I know why this thing is in OU now. This is my second baton passer, and sometimes gets baton passed into. I like to chain baton passes with this thing from Ninjask onto two other pokemo of mine. Of course, this thing is a hard hitter too, with Technician+Bullet Punch+Swords Dance. This thing can sometimes sweep.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 SpD
-Mach Punch
-Ice Punch
-Drain Punch
-Earthquake

If this thing gets Baton Passed speed boosts from ninjask and/or Scizor, it can be a real pain. Plus flame orb+guts, and also attack boosts, this thing can sweep if it doesn't get defeated or Roared/Dragon Tailed on entry. It can also survive well on its own w/o any stat boosts.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake

This thing is the same as Conkeldurr. It can also survive on its own, in a way, and it also has Moxie. If you can Baton Pass speed boosts onto this, it can sweep, even without attack boosts(though it would be better with them). So, yeah.

Espeon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bouncce
EV's: 252 Spe, 252 HP, 4 SpD
-Heal Bell
-Wish
-Baton Pass
-Morning Sun(I need to change this, suggestions?)

My support. It heals. Enough said.

That's my team. Feel free to comment and make suggestions.

This is how I fared against Dragonite on showdown with this team. http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-20127106

Dragonite
05-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Given the volume of Stealth Rock in Pokemon, Ninjask with Focus Sash only works consistantly against complete n00bs. Try this.

Ninjask @ Leftovers
-Protect
-Baton Pass
-Swords Dance
-Substitute

Spam Substitute a few times and rack up speed boosts; set up Swords Dances if and only if your opponent fails to break one. The pass off something ridiculous like +4 Speed, +3 Attack and a Sub to Gyarados and watch it go to work.

Espeon @ Focus Sash
-Heal Bell
-Wish
-Baton Pass
-Protect

Protect gives a free turn to stall out the healing process of Wish. Use it wisely. Most people on Showdown use this and it can be kind of predictable.

theblindxatu
05-25-2013, 05:27 PM
As little as I know about competitive play, I personally think a defense move of some kind would work well, but I don't know how to implement it into your party. As for the team itself, It's pretty good. And for Espeon, give it Calm Mind to switch into Alakazam with.

dud190
05-25-2013, 05:28 PM
As little as I know about competitive play, I personally think a defense move of some kind would work well, but I don't know how to implement it into your party. As for the team itself, It's pretty good. And for Espeon, give it Calm Mind to switch into Alakazam with.

I thought aabout that, but sometimes a Physical move is used when I baton pass and Alakazam goes down the drain.

UbersSuck20
05-25-2013, 07:59 PM
This team has won many battles on Showdown, so I'd thought I'd share it here and see what the SS community thought!

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EV's: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 HP
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Encore
-Shadow Ball
I think you should consider using Energy Ball over Shadow Ball, so you can beat defensive Politoed and Quagsire. Psyshock can be used over Psychic.
At the start of a battle, one would think that I would send out my baton passer. But I surprise them and send out Alakazam. If a hazard setter or a stat booster comes out first, I have Encore to help get rid of them. In Showdown, this thing actually gets rid of lots of pokemon even without calm mind, though I have no idea why.

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
-Protect
-Baton Pass
-Swords Dance
-X-Scissor
Change X-Scissor to Substitute and run a 252 HP/216 Def/32 Spe spread.
One of actually, two baton passers. Simple really. I get off a Swords Dance. Opposing pokemon lowers me to 1 HP. If there is no hail or sandstorm in effect, I retain that 1 HP. I get a spped boost. I use protect, get another speed boost, then baton pass to someone else.

Scizor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EV's: 252 Spe, 252 HP, 4 Atk
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Agility
-Bullet Punch
I would use Bug Bite over Bullet Punch and have a bulkier EV spread.
I know why this thing is in OU now. This is my second baton passer, and sometimes gets baton passed into. I like to chain baton passes with this thing from Ninjask onto two other pokemo of mine. Of course, this thing is a hard hitter too, with Technician+Bullet Punch+Swords Dance. This thing can sometimes sweep.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
-Mach Punch
-Ice Punch
-Drain Punch
-Earthquake
Stone Edge > Earthquake, or Focus Punch if you manage to baton pass a substitute.
If this thing gets Baton Passed speed boosts from ninjask and/or Scizor, it can be a real pain. Plus flame orb+guts, and also attack boosts, this thing can sweep if it doesn't get defeated or Roared/Dragon Tailed on entry. It can also survive well on its own w/o any stat boosts.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
Bounce > Ice Fang.
This thing is the same as Conkeldurr. It can also survive on its own, in a way, and it also has Moxie. If you can Baton Pass speed boosts onto this, it can sweep, even without attack boosts(though it would be better with them). So, yeah.

Espeon @ Focus Sash
-Heal Bell
-Wish
-Baton Pass
-Morning Sun(I need to change this, suggestions?)
True Baton Pass teams(except full ones, of course) use Xatu, not Espeon. I recommend you use this Xatu:
Xatu @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Trait: Magic Bounce
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Night Shade
- U-turn
My support. It heals. Enough said.

That's my team. Feel free to comment and make suggestions.

This is how I fared against Dragonite on showdown with this team. http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-20127106

Overall, this team seems pretty decent.