PDA

View Full Version : Language.

Kitty
06-29-2013, 04:48 AM
There are some words that are suggestive for no age restricted forums. There's words that ten year old immatures think are bad, but its not like we cant live without them. The "C- Word", the one that gets gasps in fourth grade. The "Se- Word", the one that gets shunned when Gangnam Style plays. And last and totally least: "D- Word", the one that rhymes with what beavers make.
I thought they were already restricted but then people say it with no censor.

I don't mean to interrupt, but its become unbearable for me to see an unaged- no restriction forum with these words in it, stopping people from registering.

Please tell me if this can be a rule,

Dragonite
06-29-2013, 04:59 AM
Doing this would make all of X's posts and Showdown transcripts even more unreadable than they are.

Nobutsrsly every kid is going to learn the words "crap," "damn," "hell" and "***" at some point in their life, and most of them are probably used to it by the time they're in 4th or 5th grade, the youngest age of most people here. I know I was. (That being said, I'm not even sure how purposeful the existing censor is, seeing as most of us can figure out the post's original wording anyway.)

Idk if I explained that well.

Shantae
06-29-2013, 05:54 AM
You can't simply avoid 'bad' language because people are gonna say it once or more in their life span (unless you're perfect swear-free person but that's logically impossible). Plus, this is internet so you can't convince a younger person to not learn these words because they're words appeared in the internet. I doubt you'll see one bad language in the internet. Overall, It's your fault for going into internet and obviously learn from it. As long it's not a habit to swear every second to adults or your parents. You know why you can't swear at your parents or any adult. Alternatively, some people in here intend to use a different word aside of saying a bad word. It's all about common sense folks.

Aside to that, and I'm just gonna point it out to your suggestion. This is the SS Forums, and this is an all ages forum that has censor system in here because it avoid young SS members (ages under 13) learning to swear at this early age, or they just don't want to see it. We had other threads that relates to this suggestion bro. So you could check these links out if you want.

http://superskarmory.net/forum/showthread.php?2254-A-message-regarding-the-rules
http://superskarmory.net/forum/showthread.php?2149-Users-having-to-option-to-see-censored-words-as-normal-words

It doesn't mean it will stop people registering this forum. Either way, I don't know how the moderation enforce this recently because this forum kinda took loophole that we had increase amount of users saying bad words. For now, stating from these two links. I think its alright to swear ounce, but not too frequent because you know something bad happens.

/PZ doesn't know if I explain it clearly...

sonriopoby123
06-29-2013, 06:41 AM
There's a reason why those aren't censored and others are.

Also why is **** censored but raped and rapist isn't???

Kitty
06-29-2013, 06:50 AM
You can't simply avoid 'bad' language because people are gonna say it once or more in their life span (unless you're perfect swear-free person but that's logically impossible). Plus, this is internet so you can't convince a younger person to not learn these words because they're words appeared in the internet. I doubt you'll see one bad language in the internet. Overall, It's your fault for going into internet and obviously learn from it. As long it's not a habit to swear every second to adults or your parents. You know why you can't swear at your parents or any adult. Alternatively, some people in here intend to use a different word aside of saying a bad word. It's all about common sense folks.

Aside to that, and I'm just gonna point it out to your suggestion. This is the SS Forums, and this is an all ages forum that has censor system in here because it avoid young SS members (ages under 13) learning to swear at this early age, or they just don't want to see it. We had other threads that relates to this suggestion bro. So you could check these links out if you want.

http://superskarmory.net/forum/showthread.php?2254-A-message-regarding-the-rules
http://superskarmory.net/forum/showthread.php?2149-Users-having-to-option-to-see-censored-words-as-normal-words

It doesn't mean it will stop people registering this forum. Either way, I don't know how the moderation enforce this recently because this forum kinda took loophole that we had increase amount of users saying bad words. For now, stating from these two links. I think its alright to swear ounce, but not too frequent because you know something bad happens.

/PZ doesn't know if I explain it clearly...

Okay I see your point. I saw the links but I am still strong with my opinion.

Shaymin
06-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Here's my two cents.

You can't exactly make a rule to not curse on a forum that already has rights to cursing in moderation (with the exception of X). If you see people cursing, live with it. It's not like you can change a person's mind to not curse (OK you can, but that's only if the person cursing wants to stop). I can see why you want the rule implemented, but here's the thing: words are just words. You're gonna learn it at some point in your life.

X!!
06-29-2013, 01:31 PM
>D-Word
>Se-Word
lmao.

Ice
06-29-2013, 03:11 PM
I honestly think you kind of lost any sort of seriousness your post may have had when you tried to tell us that crap and sexy were bad words.

Patriot
06-29-2013, 03:17 PM
I honestly think you kind of lost any sort of seriousness your post may have had when you tried to tell us that crap and sexy were bad words.

Honestly, it smelled like a suspicious post from the start.

Minntul
06-29-2013, 05:05 PM
this is a forum where the majority of the members are like 12-16

not 5-8

Dabottle
06-29-2013, 05:14 PM
While we're here, can we please undo the censoring of pi ss?

Patriot
06-29-2013, 06:03 PM

not 5-8

I thought Ch33se was 6 though.

GameDirect
06-29-2013, 07:29 PM
What is the point in swearing anyway?
We can express ourselves with educated words that aren't offensive.
I think people just say stuff like that to act like a mature teen/adult.
Though they are proving that they are really immature because a mature,grown-up person would use clever words to express themselves instead of cursing like there's no tomorrow.
Anyway we should take into account that young children visit this forum (under 11) like myself.
So we should refrain from using words that could possibly offend someone and just genuinely ruining their experience.
Thank you for reading this.

Dabottle
06-29-2013, 07:40 PM
What is the point in swearing anyway?
We can express ourselves with educated words that aren't offensive.
I think people just say stuff like that to act like a mature teen/adult.
Though they are proving that they are really immature because a mature,grown-up person would use clever words to express themselves instead of cursing like there's no tomorrow.
Anyway we should take into account that young children visit this forum (under 11) like myself.
So we should refrain from using words that could possibly offend someone and just genuinely ruining their experience.
Thank you for reading this.

Yes let's create a word and then not use it, even if it's an effective way of emphasising a point.
You see, GD, "you're a massive idiot" and "you're a ****ing idiot" have very different connotations.

Also, don't pretend that ten year-olds don't know these incredibly naughty words.

GameDirect
06-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Yes but if people spent less time cursing and more time reading they may know words like:
floccinaucinihilipilification
And yes I know many curses but I refrain from swearing

Dabottle
06-29-2013, 07:45 PM
Or you could stop presenting fallacious arguments and realise that it's perfectly possible to do both.

GameDirect
06-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Okay fine swear away. Teach 5 year olds how to curse at their mother

Dabottle
06-29-2013, 07:51 PM

Wow. Another fallacy. Why am I not surprised?
Using "swear words" to emphasise is not the same thing as encouraging children to be rude. I hate it when children use "swear words" just because they know them as much as the next guy. However, the only reason they do is because they are forbidden from doing so and think they're being "cool" or "funny".

Anyway, can you kindly stop going off topic?

sonriopoby123
06-29-2013, 07:52 PM

not 5-8

case closed

GameDirect
06-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Valid point.
Pengy if you wanted kids and they started swearing and they say they learnt it online wouldn't you ban them from using ss?
so do you think that because your older you can get away with swearing with no consequences

GameDirect
06-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Please stay out of this sonrio

Dabottle
06-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Valid point.
Pengy if you wanted kids and they started swearing and they say they learnt it online wouldn't you ban them from using ss?
so do you think that because your older you can get away with swearing with no consequences

No, I'd explain to them when it's acceptable to. I wouldn't bloody ban them from going to school because they learned "naughty words" there, would I?

Ice
06-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Personally I wouldn't care where my kids learned swear words because they're going to learn them anyway. I'd be more concerned with them knowing when to use them and when not to.

Luna
06-29-2013, 07:59 PM
"**** YOU DICKHEAD!"
"HELL ****ING YES 360 NOSCOPE"
"GO TO HELL GAYBOY"
"YOUR MUM"
"OH MY ****ING GOD WHY THE **** DID YOU KILL ME YOU ****ING *******"
"******"
(this is the corner of my bedroom all the time)

Just be glad this isn't CoD, and we have the decency to not throw a ****storm of swear after swear after swear after swear after swear for the most trivial things

also reuben not sure if you knew or not but sexy damn and crap aren't swear words and thus do not need censoring

inb4 infracted for a ton of swears

GameDirect
06-29-2013, 08:00 PM
Ok you guys win.
Good debate

Kitty
06-30-2013, 01:28 AM

Look, what I was saying is that for younger users they are bad words.

And Penge, you always take my threads to get likes. -_-

Dragonite
06-30-2013, 01:39 AM
Nobutsrsly every kid is going to learn the words "crap," "damn," "hell" and "***" at some point in their life, and most of them are probably used to it by the time they're in 4th or 5th grade.

You're gonna learn it at some point in your life.

this is a forum where the majority of the members are like 12-16 not 5-8

Personally I wouldn't care where my kids learned swear words because they're going to learn them anyway. I'd be more concerned with them knowing when to use them and when not to.

I feel like there has been enough said to put this case to rest, oh, a few hours ago.

Additionally, this.

1. Either of the two major forms of individuals that occur in many species and that are distinguished respectively as female or male especially on the basis of their reproductive organs and structures
2. The sum of the structural, functional, and behavioral characteristics of organisms that are involved in reproduction marked by the union of gametes and that distinguish males and females
3 Sexually motivated phenomena or behavior

*** is a pretty elemental facet of life in the universe, and censoring its use because one of its definitions is "taking your pants off and doing possibly inappropriate things" would be sort of like banning the term "69" in all contexts.

Dabottle
06-30-2013, 01:41 AM
It's as if Reuben didn't actually read any of the replies.

LuckyLapras
06-30-2013, 07:57 AM
Actually, I think those are only classed as minor swear words. The only one I can really explain for not being censored is "***", but it's already been explained.

Kitty
07-01-2013, 03:09 PM
I read every single one.

Dabottle
07-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Looking at a post and actually understanding the contents of the post are entirely different actions.
The latter isn't even difficult.

Gyaradomo
07-01-2013, 05:05 PM
if you're not old enough to learn and deal with curse words, you're not old enough to browse the internet. curse words are just words, nothing more, nothing less.

Hakuiin
07-01-2013, 05:08 PM

not 5-8

I do not belong in any of these age groups .-.

Kitty
07-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Even older?!

Sean
07-02-2013, 03:27 AM
I'm older...so um..yeah it happens.

Salamence
07-05-2013, 01:04 AM
It would help.

Hakuiin
07-05-2013, 01:20 AM
Even older?!

I'm Eleven..... why would I be older?

Tainers14
07-05-2013, 02:03 AM
What are you doing on the internet as an 11 year old? Pretty sure that's illegal in some countries. Watch out for older men that want to play with you, then you should be safe.

Anyways this thread got resolved. Going to go ahead and lock it. Thanks for your input everyone!