PDA

View Full Version : My Team of VARIETY. Suggestions and criticisms appreciated (No, really. I approve of them now)

CaptainRed1000
07-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Yes, this is my competitive team. All across the board, not restricted to any Tiers. Any (*) means that its shiny.

Steelix (ChainLink)
Leftovers
(I forget the nature. SOMETHING with -Speed)
Sturdy
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk
Gyro Ball, Stealth Rocks, Toxic, Curse

Roserade (Rosario)*
Black Sludge
Calm
Natural Cure
192 HP, 60 Sp. Atk, 252 Sp. Def
Giga Drain, HP Fire, Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb

Weavile (Buzzkill)
Focus Sash
Adamant
Pickpocket
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed
Return, Low Kick, Ice Shard, Night Slash

Gallade (Zero)*
Life Orb
Adamant
Steadfast
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed
Close Combat, Psycho Cut, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch

Hydreigon (Warrior!!)
Choice Scarf
Modest
Levitate
4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, Flamethrower
(P.S I'm thinking about replacing Focus Blast with something else. Your opinion would be helpful)

Feraligator (Demise)*
Life Orb
Adamant
Torrent (might redo)
252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def
Waterfall, Ice Fang, Aqua Jet, Swords Dance

There it is. My new team. Again, any tips or criticisms would be appreciated.

herothezero
07-08-2013, 01:58 PM
The only thing I would change is Weavile. You may want to replace Return with Swords Dance or Agility. But other than that, the team looks really good.

Dragonite
07-08-2013, 09:13 PM
The only thing I would change is Weavile. You may want to replace Return with Swords Dance or Agility. But other than that, the team looks really good.

Weavile with Agility. Really.

Dragon Dance > Swords Dance with Feraligatr, imo, because outspeeding stuff outside of Aqua Jet could be useful.

Hydreigon can learn Surf, which can provide some decent coverage. If you want to lose your Scarf you can make use of Roost (Move Tutor) which will probably annoy your opponent if they don't have a counter on the field.

UbersSuck20
07-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Yes, this is my competitive team. All across the board, not restricted to any Tiers. Any (*) means that its shiny.

Steelix (ChainLink)
Leftovers
(I forget the nature. SOMETHING with -Speed)Sassy > Relaxed
Sturdy
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk I suggest 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Atk.
Gyro Ball, Stealth Rocks, Toxic, Curse
Earthquake > Curse

Roserade (Rosario)*
Black Sludge
Calm
Natural Cure
192 HP, 60 Sp. Atk, 252 Sp. Def
Giga Drain, HP Fire, Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb
Spikes > Sludge Bomb

Weavile (Buzzkill)
Focus Sash Life Orb > Focus Sash
Adamant Jolly >>> Adamant
Pickpocket Pressure is better.
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed
Return, Low Kick, Ice Shard, Night Slash
Pursuit > Return

Gallade (Zero)*
Life Orb
Adamant
Steadfast
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed
Close Combat, Psycho Cut, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch
Bulk Up > Shadow Sneak

Hydreigon (Warrior!!)
Choice Scarf
Modest
Levitate
4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, Flamethrower
(P.S I'm thinking about replacing Focus Blast with something else. Your opinion would be helpful)
Surf > Focus Blast

Feraligator (Demise)*
Life Orb
Adamant
Torrent (might redo)
252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def or 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Waterfall, Ice Fang, Aqua Jet, Swords Dance
Earthquake > Ice Fang

There it is. My new team. Again, any tips or criticisms would be appreciated.

Suggestions in bold.

Your team is OK.

CaptainRed1000
07-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Suggestions in bold.

Your team is OK.

you have some interesting suggestions. I have a reason, however, for most of the team's layout.

1. Roserade has a custom EV spread that allows it to hit hard while also living several hits. Combine that with Giga Drain makes it more annoying to the opponent, I find. Sludge Bomb is there instead of Spikes as a "hard hitting STAB move" for this purpose.
2. Weavile's setup has it's own unique perk. Fighting types are clearly a big threat for it, and are pretty common. The Focus Sash is so that Weavile can live a hit, lose the sash, then immediately activate Pickpocket to steal the opponents item, whether it be a healing item or the more common Life Orb on Fighting Type Pokemon. Adamant nature makes sure that Weavile's moves hit the hardest they can, and I don't see a need for a +Speed nature when I have Ice Shard hitting as hard as it can.
3. I run with max HP and Def for Feraligator so it can live long enough to get a Swords Dance in and boost it's damage, and of course I run with Ice Fang to deal with those pesky Grass Types. Although I do admit, this set for Feraligator seems like it would work better in a Rain Team.
4. Gallade has Shadow Sneak specifically for an unexpected Priority, and really helps dealing with potential threats, such as Gengar (especially Scarfed), Chandelure, Latios/Latias etc. With max Atk and Speed with the Life Orb, I didn't really see a need to include a move like Bulk Up or Swords Dance.

These are my reasons for having this team setup. Thanks for the suggestions for Hydreigon, though.