PDA

View Full Version : RMT - Generic Uber Rain

Dragonite
07-18-2013, 03:11 AM
So I finally got bored of trolling with Registeel and Leafeon and Charizard. They should make a tier just for Swift Swim, btw.

I present you, the most generic team rain team ever to grace the planet, the Straw Hat Pokemon.

Whale thing. (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Surf

I probably don't need to explain this. Given the chance, spam Calm Mind and whale away with nonsensically overpowered Special Attacks, no pun intended. (Or was it?) Anyway, I have probably a better Thunder user on this team farther down, but I keep it here too for coverage.

EVs are spread for Defense because weather wars are easier if your captain can switch in and take hits.

I would have named this thing Luffy since it's kind of the captain of this team, but Luffy can't swim and Kyogre is not rubber so that might be awkward.

Nico (Kingdra) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Outrage

After Swift Swim, this thing should be fast enough to outspeed everything that ain't Scarfed (and a lot of things that are). Spam Sub until the opponent does something stupid (i.e., Dark Void a Sub), dance around for a turn or two and then wreck stuff with Waterfall and Outrage.

Similar to Whale thing, the EVs are spread to maximize longevity. ExtremeSpeed from normal, unboosted Arceus typically doesn't do enough to break it. It's awesome.

Nami (Arceus-Electric) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain

Speaking of Arceus.

Because I have to have a STAB Thunder abuser, right? Same theory as Kyogre, pretty much. Except in this case it's use Recover until the opponent does something stupid, then spam Calm Mind for a bit and hammer away with overpowered Special Attacks. HP Ground is for other pesky Electrics, no idea how good it is because I've never used it. Candidate for replacement. Might fit in ExtremeSpeed just for the sake of having +2 priority for annoying Sturdy and Sash and (didn't expect this until about two battles ago) Focus Band fools.

Sanji (Espeon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 216 Spd / 44 Def / 248 HP
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Heal Bell
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psyshock

Because no sane person goes anywhere in Uber without their friendly Magic Bounce, right? That, and trolling other peoples' entry hazards are my only way to get any myself. Screens and Heal Bell are always nice.

EVs are set so that I can outspeed most nonScarfed, nonDeoxys things and throw up screens before Espeon's paper bag-ness gets the better of it. The rest of the EVs go to defense, but there probably are not enough to make that much of a difference in this tier.

Zoro (Kabutops) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 Spd / 192 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Took me long enough to learn to spell Zoro's name properly. Anyway, the Sash guarantees at least one Swords Dance, and then Waterfall + Superpower should take care of most stuff in the tier. Except Giratina. The thing takes like 15% from +2 Waterfall. And EKillers of all kinds because, unfortunately, Extreme Speed > Aqua Jet. Perhaps Stone Edge > Superpower because coverage, but it's called Stone Miss for a reason, so maybe not . . .

There are HP EVs because even though I have the Sash I'd rather not let it come down to needing it. Because, like I said a minute ago, EKillers seem to be everywhere.

Brook (Darkrai) @ Leftovers
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse

Because who doesn't love to grant headaches with Dark Void.

Except that isn't my main strategy. Usually I go scout a little with Sub, and, as per usual, wait for the opponent to do something stupid. Then spam Dark Void. I kind of wish you could have a fifth move slot for Calm Mind, though, but oh well.

Probably the only member of this crew whose EVs are not set to take hits, set up CM or DD and wreck stuff. For better or for worse.

UbersSuck20
07-18-2013, 03:33 PM
So I finally got bored of trolling with Registeel and Leafeon and Charizard. They should make a tier just for Swift Swim, btw.

I present you, the most generic team rain team ever to grace the planet, the Straw Hat Pokemon.

Whale thing. (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Surf

I probably don't need to explain this. Given the chance, spam Calm Mind and whale away with nonsensically overpowered Special Attacks, no pun intended. (Or was it?) Anyway, I have probably a better Thunder user on this team farther down, but I keep it here too for coverage.

EVs are spread for Defense because weather wars are easier if your captain can switch in and take hits.

I would have named this thing Luffy since it's kind of the captain of this team, but Luffy can't swim and Kyogre is not rubber so that might be awkward.

CM Kyogre has a spread of 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spe
Nico (Kingdra) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Outrage

After Swift Swim, this thing should be fast enough to outspeed everything that ain't Scarfed (and a lot of things that are). Spam Sub until the opponent does something stupid (i.e., Dark Void a Sub), dance around for a turn or two and then wreck stuff with Waterfall and Outrage.

Similar to Whale thing, the EVs are spread to maximize longevity. ExtremeSpeed from normal, unboosted Arceus typically doesn't do enough to break it. It's awesome.

Nami (Arceus-Electric) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multitype
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain

Speaking of Arceus.

Because I have to have a STAB Thunder abuser, right? Same theory as Kyogre, pretty much. Except in this case it's use Recover until the opponent does something stupid, then spam Calm Mind for a bit and hammer away with overpowered Special Attacks. HP Ground is for other pesky Electrics, no idea how good it is because I've never used it. Candidate for replacement. Might fit in ExtremeSpeed just for the sake of having +2 priority for annoying Sturdy and Sash and (didn't expect this until about two battles ago) Focus Band fools.
Ice Beam > Giga Drain. You'll have BoltBeam coverage which is still pretty good in Ubers
Sanji (Espeon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 216 Spd / 44 Def / 248 HP
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Heal Bell
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psyshock

Because no sane person goes anywhere in Uber without their friendly Magic Bounce, right? That, and trolling other peoples' entry hazards are my only way to get any myself. Screens and Heal Bell are always nice.

EVs are set so that I can outspeed most nonScarfed, nonDeoxys things and throw up screens before Espeon's paper bag-ness gets the better of it. The rest of the EVs go to defense, but there probably are not enough to make that much of a difference in this tier.

Zoro (Kabutops) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 Spd / 192 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Took me long enough to learn to spell Zoro's name properly. Anyway, the Sash guarantees at least one Swords Dance, and then Waterfall + Superpower should take care of most stuff in the tier. Except Giratina. The thing takes like 15% from +2 Waterfall. And EKillers of all kinds because, unfortunately, Extreme Speed > Aqua Jet. Perhaps Stone Edge > Superpower because coverage, but it's called Stone Miss for a reason, so maybe not . . .

Because STAB, not coverage. I think Stone Edge is better. But yea, Stone MISS...
There are HP EVs because even though I have the Sash I'd rather not let it come down to needing it. Because, like I said a minute ago, EKillers seem to be everywhere.

Brook (Darkrai) @ Leftovers
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse

Because who doesn't love to grant headaches with Dark Void.

Except that isn't my main strategy. Usually I go scout a little with Sub, and, as per usual, wait for the opponent to do something stupid. Then spam Dark Void. I kind of wish you could have a fifth move slot for Calm Mind, though, but oh well.

Probably the only member of this crew whose EVs are not set to take hits, set up CM or DD and wreck stuff. For better or for worse.

Unfocused Blast / Focus Miss > HP Fighting

OK, so you like defensive strategies, huh?

Dragonite
07-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Meant "Coverage" as in Giratina. +4 Waterfall in the rain is still "sorry, did you say something?" to a Giratina.

Nami has been replaced by Raikou because I like to equip leftovers that badly.

Nami (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Rash Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Aura Sphere