PDA

View Full Version : dragonites n00bsh ou rain team

Dragonite
08-09-2013, 09:20 PM
So I've had this really crappy OU rain collecting dust for the longest time, and I decided to do something with it recently. This happened.

Poseidon (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
- Scald
- Toxic

1. Set up rain.
2. Annoy with status.
3. Retreat.
4. Lather, rinse and repeat.

Apollo (Volcarona) (M) @ Shell Bell
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Bug Buzz

My Leafeon does well in Uber Sun even though it's weak to fire, so Volcarona must be good in rain . . . right?

Idk. I thought about SolarBeam > Giga Drain so it can troll around in sun as well as in rain, but the recovery is nice with Stealth Rocks and things of that nature.

Might replace it with Dragonite (ironically, in the 15-ish Showdown teams I've used, I've never used a Dragonite) because Thunder + Hurricane but we'll see.

Zeus (Raikou) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Rash Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Substitute

Copy/Paste from my Straw Hat Raikou. (Or was it the other way around?) Sub, wait for the opponent to do something stupid, get some CM and blast away.

SBN (Espeon) (F) @ Metronome
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 HP / 8 Def
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power

Yet variant of another Magic Bounce troll.

Cheddar (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 8 Def / 248 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi is always kind of annoying when you see it in battle. Naturally, I had to use one myself. It's a paraflinch/Special spam hybrid, with some Stealth Rock functionality. (In other words, I couldn't decide exactly what to do with it.)

Ares (Scizor) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

I should probably put Swords Dance on there somewhere, because even after Technician and STAB Bug Bite and Bullet Punch are not the strongest moves in Pokemon. Decent coverage in there, though.

And yes, its name is Ares and it's female for a reason.

Have fun! In the mean time, I shall be testing this on Showdown and I'll tell you how far my rating plummets.

UbersSuck20
08-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Why do you use defensive spreads?

Dragonite
08-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Don't rightly know . . . probably because I like to make people roll their eyes when they smack something with a super effective hit and they don't die.