PDA

View Full Version : PokéMMO Event - Interested?

Luna
08-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Zach and I were discussing the possibility of a PokéMMO event. He said that we could, but we'd need an audience before we do it. So, this thread exists to see if people would be interested.
If we did this, then we would go onto the most desolate channel and go through it for a couple of hours. We can also battle using current teams and trade Pokémon so we have them registered and that way we can get cool items like Everstones and Exp Shares.

So, what is PokéMMO? Well, it's Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green in an MMO setting. A couple of things have changed (you can get Hoothoot, Chinchou, Crobat, Espeon, Umbreon and some other stuff) and, in my opinion, it's pretty fun. The only precaution that I'd give you is that it feels a little slow to begin with, but it stops feeling so slow as you play through it. Also, the nuggets you get can't be sold. : (

The event? It'll run on Saturday, from 8PM to 10PM Grenwich Mean Time (may change). There shall be a couple of things you'll need to participate:
PokéMMO (http://pokemmo.eu/) (obviously)
A Fire Red rom (no link, sorry!)
Skype (http://www.skype.com/en/)
A microphone

It'll cap at 8 people. Reason being, it'd be less time to wait for people to catch up. If you'd want to play and there are already 8, we may increase the limit and do it the next week if it's a success. If this happens, it will be your responsibility to catch up to the rest of us. I'll also try to set up a team (kind of like a guild) on my inactive account if I can.
Knowing all of this, would be interested? I think it'd be fun, and the success of this will lead to other events like it in the future!

Zachgoose
08-15-2013, 10:40 AM
I'd be more than willing to play! :)

X!!
08-15-2013, 10:46 AM
It sounds fun, but I won't be able to join because I can't talk on 3 AM - 5 AM in my timezone and I'd most likely be in bed. =/
y u no giv asia convenient timez????

Loogy
08-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Sounds like fun ima just yeah this is gonna be good

Dabottle
08-15-2013, 05:38 PM
zach when the hell are we doing the fe7 thingy

Also, I guess I'm up for it, as long as my computer inevitably crashing halfway through wouldn't pose a problem. Then again, it's Pokémon, so it probably would...

Zachgoose
08-15-2013, 06:54 PM
zach when the hell are we doing the fe7 thingy

It's times like this where I wish I did add the "dislike post" button.

Luna
08-15-2013, 07:01 PM
so apparently i forgot to mention that if you're going to join in leave your skype here so i can add you to a group if we end up doing this
so yeah do that please

Minntul
08-15-2013, 07:58 PM
this actually looks pretty hot and i wouldnt mind trying it out

i can sit out if there are more people that want to play because i dont even know how to play pokemon