PDA

View Full Version : Profile of the Month Contest?

Link
08-23-2013, 04:29 AM
Can we have a monthly contest in which we customize our profile for a certain theme, and vote who has the best design? Not supposed to be for everyone, but for anyone who would want to participate.

i guess no one would want to participate

Dragonite
08-23-2013, 04:32 AM
I think I'm going to be clicking "Hide User Customizations" now in advance :x

Hakuiin
08-23-2013, 04:34 AM
There is no "Contest" when Haku's around ;3

Zachgoose
08-23-2013, 07:04 AM
Literally Animal Crossing HRA.

I actually think this idea might be decent, though! Will see more input from members.

Pokemon73
08-23-2013, 12:23 PM
We all aren't familiar with the BB code for editing our profile, or knowing how to edit it like others, so maybe waiting or thinking of a different contest will be better

herothezero
08-23-2013, 01:48 PM
We all aren't familiar with the BB code for editing our profile, or knowing how to edit it like others, so maybe waiting or thinking of a different contest will be better

He did say only people who want to join, so if you're willing to join, you'd have to learn how.

This actually sounds like a great idea. This could be fun. But there'd have to be a sign up sheet, so by the end of the month, people know which profiles to out.

DarkSide
08-23-2013, 06:51 PM
I freaking love this idea! I support it 100% :3

I'm not familiar with BB code's and crap like that...but it still sound's like fun.

Shaymin
08-23-2013, 09:41 PM
I think it would be a decent idea, but considering a lot of us have a repeating gif in the background with [horribly] contrasted text and font like a fully saturated yellow Times New Roman font on a red background (not calling anybody out here), would it be a good idea?

Also, there's no BB Code for profiles. It's all image/color picking and the robotic HTML takes care of the rest. Unfortunately, there's no CSS to make fonts and modules and other **** pwetty. :<

Edit: Putting it out there. My profile was done by experimenting and picking out textures I found on deviantART. Use them skills they teach you in school!

Patriot
08-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Mine is best anyways.

Hakuiin
08-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Mine is best anyways.

Surrender now or Prepare for Flight, because even I surrender to Hakuiin <3

Kamex
08-24-2013, 04:51 AM
That sounds like a fun idea for the people who will participate. It will really show the people's creativity in here. :D

Ayra
08-24-2013, 06:34 AM
I might have to disagree with this idea. For one, we already have BR and tourneys, as with our own little games, so why make yet another competition? Also, most of have little to no visual talent, which opens up a flame center so that those who do can criticize the majority who don't. Lastly, why make it monthly so that people can ridicule themselves for literally one dozenth of a year?

marissachu
08-24-2013, 08:54 AM
I think this is a nice idea but part of me thinks this will be a trollfest where every time I got to someone's profiles it's going to be flashing .gif central with neon writing where I can't see anything and my eyes just start bleeding from opening the page.

I'm not theoretically opposed to this but I don't know how much customization is really possible currently. It seems the most you can really do is change the color scheme and possibly throw in a background that you can't see most of because the text boxes are in the way... xD But if people think there's enough stuff for this to become a reality and a viable contest then so be it. As long as people are having fun it doesn't really affect me so y'all should enjoy yourselves.

But if my eyes start bleeding after I look at your profile I ain't going to be happy with you.

Blade Lord Nayru
01-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Really old thread, anything in the rules about reviving old threads? Too lazy to check(and Eyan's probably too lazy to update, so you shouldn't judge me).

I'm quite fond of this idea, I should look into what's possible, but I already have a beautiful idea.

Shantae
01-28-2014, 05:18 PM
Really old thread, anything in the rules about reviving old threads? Too lazy to check(and Eyan's probably too lazy to update, so you shouldn't judge me).

There is a bumping rule but that only happens if people bump (or revive) very old threads for no actual reason (off-topic, trolling, spam, etc.).

So back to the thread itself.
Overall, it's interesting idea if the members in this forum would like participate in the contest. I don't have anything against it.

UbersSuck20
01-28-2014, 06:52 PM
1. Like Yoshi said, we don't need any more competitions.
2. It'll eventually die in the same way the Super Skarmory Battle Rankings did.
3. There is really no good reason to do this.

Conclusion: no

But that's just my opinion.

Kyoits
01-28-2014, 11:15 PM
Why not? The MOTM things went pretty well until.....i don't know what the hell happened to those. I think that it would be a pretty good idea to keep this forum active and not always full of dull lousy threads. So sure, why not?

Dabottle
01-28-2014, 11:19 PM
rip mental of the month

Cutiepuffle
01-30-2014, 11:58 PM

1. We don't have any. MoTM mysteriously went off the map, and Survivor was banned. And Tournaments happen once in 10 blue moons. As for minigame tournaments, only Poke is interested. Even Hurt and Heal is gone. Don't forget the Poem Wars. And we all know about the colossal failure of SS World Nations (Risk). And as for Battle Rankings....

2. It only died because the admins never put up a ranking list. Few days before that, everything was as if it was May.

The only thing left is P73 Survivor, and that has only Pokemon. Now that I think of that, that's gone too.

I'd love to see Survivor back, but then again, the voting thing has caused problems.

Luna
01-31-2014, 08:08 PM
so many competitions
ssbr died because people were being poor sports and noone wanted to play as a result
3. There is really no good reason to do this.
other than having fun of course

Conclusion: no

But that's just my opinion.
this also applies to your third point

ten characters

Robin
02-21-2014, 02:17 AM
This would be cool, but if not, we could also just have a randomizer forum user of the month or something.

Cutiepuffle
02-21-2014, 03:09 AM
Was bored, tried making Growbot:

http://s15.postimg.org/tq8kul5dj/growbot.png