PDA

View Full Version : What if Stealth Rock was never invented?

UbersSuck20
09-09-2013, 03:49 PM
I personally think the metagame would be very different. Volcarona would probably be banned due to how easily it could set up Quiver Dance, and even Charizard would be low OU, because of its massive power thanks to its DW ability and an immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. However Charizard would still have to contend with Politoed and Tyranitar, since their weathers will render Charizard almost useless, and if they pack a Choice Scarf they will easily OHKO this overrated fire/flying lizard.

Luna
09-09-2013, 04:01 PM
If Stealth Rock wasn't invented?
My Sun team wouldn't have to run a spinner.

Aaron
09-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Stealth Rock changes the whole metagame, in my opinion. If it was never invented, it would be so different.

herothezero
09-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Tbh I think Articuno would be UU and Moltres OU or maybe UU.

Dragonite
09-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Funny, I knew exactly who created this thread before seeing the OP or anything.

Yes, Charizard would probably be OU (most definitely RU or UU). But Charizard doesn't necessarily get nerfed without the sun, it can run other sets - physical ones, even - without needing SolarPower.

Bricktoad
09-09-2013, 09:56 PM
the zardtard population would multiply by five thousand

dud190
09-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Focus sash would be more popular.

sonriopoby123
09-10-2013, 12:13 AM
The world would be overrun with Shedinjas.

X!!
09-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Pretty much what everybody said...or at least, what they tried to say: Charizard wouldn't actually suck.

Dabottle
09-10-2013, 05:13 PM
So, how would Scyther fare in this hypothetical world?

Don
09-10-2013, 06:08 PM
You still have to worry about the other ones, TS and Spikes. Still... less Pokemon will be useless like Lugia and Dragonite won't take Stealth Rock Damage anymore, all the Pokemon weak to Stealth rock will be slightly more useful. (Charizard, Volcarona)

X!!
09-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Hi. Have you ever wanted to sweep teams with your Charizard, but can't because it's soooooooo worthless when exposed to Stealth Rock? Well, you have nothing to fear, because...

http://puu.sh/4s0B0.jpg

With an insanely cheap price of 0.00, you can try this awesome new Pokémon Showdown feature! Make your dreams of becoming a Pokémon master - With just a Zardtard - come true! Hurry! This new feature will most likely not be limited. So what are you waiting for? Don't you want to be the very best like no one ever was?! START THAT CHARIZARD SPAM!!

But why would you [i]ever use this ****ty thing? It's a Zardtard, and you're better off with a Volcarona or Heatran!

Dragonite
09-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Because everybody on Showdown would be really bloody annoyed if you manage to sweep them with one of them fancy ZardTards.

I feel like making a team for that now.