PDA

View Full Version : OU: No Stealth Rock

Dragonite
09-19-2013, 09:47 PM
For those of you who don't know yet, Smogon decided to imagine a game with no Stealth Rock in it. Not something that seems terribly significant at first, but then you consider how much switching in and out you see in a typical Pokemon battle, as well as how common Fire and Flying types tend to be.

You can play around with a world without Stealth Rocks in it, when you select your tier to battle in on a Showdown server hit "OU (No Stealth Rock)" instead of just "OU."

Predict some changes you expect to see in it.

More Flying, Ice and Fire types[/s]
Merely entering the battlefield is safe now. Maybe not more Ice, since that type already has problems.

Specifically, more Volcarona
Loads of people have said this thing would be Uber without Stealth Rocks, which essentially half its HP upon entering the game and then open up the possibility of one-shotting it with any priority move (except maybe Ice Shard). So now it just comes in at full health, sets up Quiver Dances and revenge kills everything.

More Sun teams
Since Ninetales can wage weather wars without automatically losing 24% of its HP every time, it can now hop on and off the battlefield to reset the weather in the case of a war.

Fewer Entry Hazards
Since flying types will probably become more common, the other entry hazards will probably become less common as well since Flying types can't be hit by them anyway and there's no point in throwing out Spikes if half your opponent's team can't be hit by them. This will probably also lead to the extinction of Rapid Spin, since there's no point in wasting a turn on one layer of spikes if . . . you get the point.[/b]

More Stone Miss
Since the types that are weak to SR also happen to be weak to Rock (and the only Rock attack that anyone sees these days is Stone Edge) this is probably the best logical counter. Expect a scarf on all your Tyrannitar and Landorus and Terrakion from now on. (Oh wait that already happens.)

US20, go.

dud190
09-19-2013, 10:10 PM
This is unofficial, right? I believe Zarel added it. I'd like to see more Scyther in OU(No Stealth Rock) though.

X!!
09-20-2013, 04:35 AM
With Stealth Rock out of the way, battles like this (http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ounostealthrock-51829027) exist!

UbersSuck20
09-20-2013, 06:29 AM
I guess Volcarona would be Uber if there would be no Stealth Rock.

Aaron
09-20-2013, 06:45 AM
With Stealth Rock out of the way, battles like this (http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ounostealthrock-51829027) exist!

Charizard FTW!

herothezero
09-20-2013, 08:51 PM
I've known about this for a while, and I'm planning on making a sun team for this tier.

LuckyLapras
09-20-2013, 09:49 PM
I got Spikes on my Skarmory, *****. I can home in on noobs who aren't carrying Rapid Spin.

Zachgoose
09-20-2013, 10:43 PM
I very rarely use Stealth Rock, but I think it's stupid to ban it. im also stupid

Note: my FIVE year old brother typed that second part

Don
09-21-2013, 08:34 AM
I think every hazard should be banned, it'll be interesting to see what Pokemon will be used. But Stealth Rock ban is a good start, Charizard just Fire Blasts the tier and Ninjask can freely Sub+Pass to anyone he wishes to pass.