PDA

View Full Version : Card Game Forum

Roxas
03-23-2014, 02:24 PM
There are people here like me that want to speak about card games, but there is no place to discuss them. Could we please have a forum for card games with at least a Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh! Sub forum. I want card games graciously welcomed to this community, and most importantly lift the profiling and stereotypes about them. Please....I'll make a F.A.Q. thread to explain everything.

BreeZaps
03-23-2014, 02:29 PM
I think it would be nice. Xero can talk about his magic card game. I think it should happen. Would make people happy. : )

Aaron
03-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to put a thread in Video Games General and sticky it? There only seems like a small minority that would talk about this kind of stuff. Still, not a bad idea.

Roxas
03-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to put a thread in Video Games General and sticky it? There only seems like a small minority that would talk about this kind of stuff. Still, not a bad idea.
Because card games are NOT video games. Plus they have too many topics to be discussed under sticky threads. It would cause spam.

Shantae
03-24-2014, 07:03 AM
Overall, it's not a bad idea.

However, there are some issues from this suggestion that I want to addressed.

- From what RaS said, only a few members can discussed like these and it might cause inactivity of the sub-forum or section if the new forum isn't active. That's just me through.
- Depends if Zach or any admin implement the new section suggestion because I don't think they wouldn't add the section right away. There are some suggestions similar to this thread that some members agreed but an admin hasn't implement yet (see: Pokemon Anime Board Section (http://superskarmory.net/forum/showthread.php?2261-Pokemon-Anime-Board) and Blog Section (http://superskarmory.net/forum/showthread.php?3326-Blogs-Threads)). The only ones that has a suggestion about a new section and it has already implement it was the Meet the Members and Roleplay Section (with exception of the Fire Emblem Section because some members beg Zach to create it due to cluster of FE threads in Video Game Section but there wasn't a FE Section suggestion).
- Sub-forum? Most likely no because this forum never had a sub-forum.

---

If that doesn't work, then my alternative is simply make a separate thread about Card Games in the Video Games or General Discussion (possibly sticky it). I just don't think the admins will implement adding a Card Game board, but hey you never know.

Roxas
03-24-2014, 08:09 AM
Card games, again, are not video games. There are TOO MANY TOPICS when you talk about card games. ONE THREAD IS A STUPID IDEA.
IDGAF if so less people talk about them. You can't create a ****ty inconvenient thread that is the only source of it. It would get clustered. Plus people should try this new thing, because they'll learn that playing a card game is more difficult than video games. But as for the "too many topics" thing....Ex.I want to talk about the tin for this specific card in yugioh. No one talks about it, because another guy just posted about his Gruul deck that's so unstoppable in Magic. You can't have one thread do it justice. Use your mind. Oh and again CARD GAMES ARE NOT VIDEO GAMES!!!!!