PDA

View Full Version : Baton Pass - Possible Suspect Test?

UbersSuck20
05-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Smogon is beginning to take a look at this controversial move.

"Baton Pass and, in particular, full Baton Pass chains have always been a controversial topic on Smogon, especially at high levels of play. Top ladderers and tournament players tend to stigmatize the use of full Baton Pass chains as a cheap strategy, that requires next to no skill to be effective. The introduction in Gen V of Magic Bounce Espeon has made Baton Pass an even deadlier strategy, as moves such as Taunt and Whirlwind/Roar are no longer able to reliably stop the statistics boost chain. Moreover, Gen VI introduced Speed Boost Scolipede, that gives Baton Pass chains new toys to work with."

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/baton-pass-its-role-in-the-metagame-and-possible-solutions-to-nerf-full-baton-pass-chains.3504331/

Personally, I don't think it should be affected in any way. Full BP chains have a lot of counters, including, but not limited to:

- Prankster Thundurus
- Mega Gyarados with Roar
- Encore
- Perish Song (it is stopped by the gimmicky Mr. Mime, though.)
- Shell Smash Cloyster
- Skill Link Cinccino / Mega Heracross
- A counter set-up, preferably Shell Smash or Nasty Plot
- Heart Swap Manaphy

Discuss.

Aaron
05-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Oh my :')

BP Chains are easy to work around. I mean, there's the things you mentioned, and there's also stuff like Defensive Dragonite with Dragon Tail. Honestly, I don't see why it needs suspecting.

Dragonite
05-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Sturdy Skarmory + Whirlwind, people. That's all it takes.

Dabottle
05-01-2014, 06:21 PM
still ****ed off and you told me over a week ago
who needs fun and different strategies that can be easily countered anyway