PDA

View Full Version : Stupid facts about Smogon?

UbersSuck20
05-01-2014, 07:59 PM
I'm starting to lose faith in Smogon. I'm totally against a potential Baton Pass nerf (source (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/baton-pass-its-role-in-the-metagame-and-possible-solutions-to-nerf-full-baton-pass-chains.3504331/page-89#post-5420695)), and, after posting two counters to Baton Pass teams (Prankster Thundurus and Shell Smash Cloyster) I made a post where I stated that Baton Pass is in no way broken and that the OU metagame will just need time to adapt to this strategy. They just deleted my post. Stupid elitists.

Gen IV:
- Did not ban Scizor after it gained Bullet Punch in Platinum
- Did not unban or at least test Ho-Oh in DPPt (it wasn't really anything special prior to gaining Brave Bird, since there was no Magic Bounce or Regenerator back then, so Ho-oh had to rely on its coverage moves and had weaker attacking stats than Salamence.)
- Banned Salamence in 2010
Gen V:
- Did not ban Drizzle, but instead they decided to do a complex ban (Drizzle + Swift Swim) in early Gen 5
- Banned Excadrill in 2011
- Banned Tornadus-T in early 2013
- Banned Landorus (REALLY????) in mid 2013
- Did not ban Jirachi and maybe Ferrothorn
Gen VI:
- Quickbanned Mega Gengar
- Banned Genesect
- Banned Swagger
- They aren't suspect testing Deoxys-S, Talonflame or Charizard, since they think Baton Pass chains are more uber.

Dragonite
05-01-2014, 08:10 PM
At least they're not VGC.

Also, Sub/Disable Mega Gengar destroys lives even in Uber to the point where I almost feel a little bad for using it, especially in conjunction with Ferrothorn's Leech Seed. It is basically what people thought Chandelure would become if they ever released its Hidden Ability back in Black and White (which didn't happen).

CaptainRed1000
06-04-2014, 08:03 AM
I have also noticed that, despite having all these suspect test and having already set most of the pokemon into tiers, no strategy's, movesets, or anything of the sort have been included to the Strat Dex (something that seems to have stopped since BW2).

Ayra
06-23-2014, 12:39 AM
They did a thing with Baton Pass and are trying to do a thing with swagplay in Ubers so their latest moves weren't the brightest imo.

Kyoits
06-23-2014, 01:17 AM
I think that it's pretty dumb that they are just now considering banning Deoxys - D. That thing should have already been banned a long time ago. Also think that it's pretty dumb how they banned Swagger.