PDA

View Full Version : SS Community game night: Friday, June 13, 2014

Merga
06-01-2014, 04:01 AM
Hello friends, me and Xerodragon are holding a community game night for next Saturday night. Everybody is invited to join in and have fun with us while we play games together, such as Board Game Online and Cards Against Humanity.

When: Saturday June 7th, 2014 7:00 pm CST (date and time subject to change if Eyan decides to stream that day)
Where: Here (duh)
What: Cards Against Humanity, Board Game Online, other games that people request

This may be streamed if we can somehow get everything working. If not, it's ok, the games will go on. Remember that this is all for fun, and me and Xero can still enforce rules. If we think that you are all being inappropriate, then we will ask you to leave. We hope that you guys can join us Saturday night!

~Merga

Xero's NINJA EDIT: If it will be streamed, it will be streamed at my twitch channel (http://www.twitch.tv/xerodragon12)

BreeZaps
06-01-2014, 04:22 AM
On a monday night? Wouldn't a friday or starterday night be way better?

Merga
06-01-2014, 04:32 AM
We could move it to Friday, Xero kind of came to me out of the blue and went "we should do community nights tomorrow". I thought that we may not have time to get ready since it's only a 1 day notice (that and I may be busy tomorrow). I don't mind moving it to the weekend at all.

SuperPikachuTNT
06-01-2014, 04:33 AM
Likeing this post to remind myself however i may not come do to it being a school night School ends on June 12th for me T_T

Merga
06-01-2014, 04:38 AM
Likeing this post to remind myself however i may not come do to it being a school night School ends on June 12th for me T_T

Like I said, I'm considering moving it to the weekend, since I didn't realize that people were still in school. If we can't then sorry.

BreeZaps
06-01-2014, 04:41 AM
I think that we should set up a skype group. Every saturday night we can gather there and play games like battling on Pokemon. Racing on Mario Kart 7/8. Batting on SSB (Sad that we can't play SSB online ATM) or do the games you suggested.

Just any type of games. Great way for the community to get together and play games together. I'm down for racing on Mario Kart 7/8. I can already hear someone screaming "WHO THE HELL THREW THE BLUE SHELL?"

Since summer is coming this could work out very well. What do you think?

Dragonite
06-01-2014, 04:51 AM
Don't really like BOG and/or Cards, but I might stop by anyway. (If you set up MK7 I'll be all over it.)

Rocket
06-01-2014, 04:53 AM
Mega, how long will the game night last?

Oh, and Bree? That's a great idea. I'm just not ready for people to hear my squeaky 12 year old voice yet.

BreeZaps
06-01-2014, 04:55 AM
Mega, how long will the game night last?

Oh, and Bree? That's a great idea. I'm just not ready for people to hear my squeaky 12 year old voice yet.
It's cool you can just mute your mic and talk in the chat room.

Merga
06-01-2014, 04:57 AM
Quick change of plans. Due to lack proper planning, we are moving the date to next Saturday, June 7th. Remember that we may have to change the date again if Eyan decides to stream on this day. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ayra
06-01-2014, 04:59 AM
I think it would be best if we had this thing occur on weekends. I also like the idea of having a Skype group.

sonriopoby123
06-01-2014, 05:10 AM
requesting osu! Night be part of these activities

anyway im all for everything

Kamex
06-01-2014, 05:42 AM
Let's all play Call of duty! Yes, I'm joking.

I agree with sonrio, though. Osu would be fun!

Xerodragon12
06-01-2014, 06:07 AM
We can do osu! once I figure out how to not suck at osu!

(Also, if we get a skype group, we can also do karaoke!)

Flubbs
06-01-2014, 06:09 AM
Make osu night a thing and I'll be happy.

also tfw you work late saturdays

Luna
06-01-2014, 11:09 AM
YES
In seriousness though I might not even be able to do it because time zones. ;_;

Cptfalconman
06-01-2014, 11:24 AM

Just so you know, I will only sing old timey country and I have a terrible voice.

ShadowMr.L
06-01-2014, 02:18 PM
This is honestly an idea I support 100%! I think it'd be really cool, it'd make the community bond, get closer to one another and we can have a fun time playing Games! Hopefully though, we can do just a bit more than BGO and Cards against humanity. Not saying I don't want them to happen, I want more games to be added on. But yes, this would be so freaking cool. It just depends on the day for me, I have the SATs to worry about next Saturday, but that'll be really early in the morning, I hope.

Dabottle
06-01-2014, 02:35 PM
This is right during important state exam period, and I definitely cannot be up at 1am, but it's a fantastic idea and I'll join in any after June 17th! ^_^

SuperSceptile
06-01-2014, 03:10 PM
This sounds fun. While I don't play any of these games, I could go just to talk.

Shaymin
06-01-2014, 03:38 PM

Click circles. Follow sliders. It'll come naturally if you start slow (literally).

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/187364
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/99612 (This one's for the more advanced difficulties, I often look at this one because I suck at jumps)

I might not participate in osu! night games because I've been having problems with my game lagging after warm-ups. If we ever have it, that is. I might be able to do karaoke, though.

BreeZaps
06-01-2014, 03:45 PM
We need to do karaoke night yes. I want to sing the pokemon theme song.

Ayra
06-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I'd love to do karaoke. Just that I'll be singing a lot of metal songs. And we can do the thing where we take a shot before we sing?

Luna
06-01-2014, 08:00 PM
i love how there's a resounding 'yes' on karaoke and it'll be the only thing that won't actually happen

Rocket
06-01-2014, 08:05 PM
It'll happen, Kyuubi!

Also, I support the karaoke thing.

Ayra
06-01-2014, 08:29 PM
How would it be unable to happen? We get in a call, do some singing...
Doesn't sound too hard.

Luna
06-01-2014, 08:42 PM
because there'll be someone who'll whine about it to the point where nobody does it

Kamex
06-01-2014, 09:53 PM
To make this game night thing fun, I think we should be in a Skype call while playing the games. (unless that was part of the idea from the start) That is, if someone has Titan powered internet host. xD

X!!
06-01-2014, 09:57 PM
I can't really join this activity, because it'd be Sunday morning in my timezone and I have church. It's annoying, because this is actually a really good idea. ;~;

Blade Lord Nayru
06-01-2014, 10:15 PM
I'd like to play games with you people, but I don't want to voice chat or show my face. If I was to be in a skype group I should just mute my mic? I don't have a mic, let alone a mute button.

Merga
06-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I can make a Skype group if you guys want to. Just going to put in a few rules for the call though: No facecam, no whining, and I will have the power to kick anybody out (I will probably host the call). I should have a few Skype contacts, but if you want in, then send me your Skype info by PM.

I'd like to play games with you people, but I don't want to voice chat or show my face. If I was to be in a skype group I should just mute my mic? I don't have a mic, let alone a mute button.

You don't have a mic, so I don't think muting will matter.

Pokemon73
06-02-2014, 12:13 AM
I like this, all the different games we could play, just not 3DS/Wii U ones, if I can do it on my iPad I'm good

and at last not be called a cheater at a game for once

Luna
06-02-2014, 07:29 AM
No facecam
So you and Erick don't have to dance again? Typical.

Kamex
06-02-2014, 02:58 PM
So you and Erick don't have to dance again? Typical.

It had its benefits. Like we dont have to see YellowYoshi twerk or roxas flashing us. I can see why merga said this now...

Tainers14
06-02-2014, 11:04 PM
I might join in on this! Not a huge fan of BGO. Never played CaH online before!

This seems like fun! Lemme know if you 2 need help.

TyphlosionX
06-03-2014, 12:10 AM
I like the idea but I would need a 3ds or wiiu because I'm not a fan on computer board games but great idea.

SuperSceptile
06-03-2014, 12:17 AM
Don't really like BOG and/or Cards, but I might stop by anyway. (If you set up MK7 I'll be all over it.)

This is me. Have we decided if we could do some kart?

Merga
06-03-2014, 12:22 AM
Just to make things clear: WE ARE NOT PLAYING CONSOLE GAMES!!!

The reason: Xero does not own consoles, and the only 3DS game that I have is Pokemon Y.

Dragonite
06-03-2014, 12:26 AM
Right, I have to say that sounds awfully unfair to the rest of us. If I can get enough people together to play MK7, or to duke it out on X and Y, there's no reason not to. Also, BGO and CaH are rather similar games that rely almost 100% on appreciation for low humor, and I think there are a lot of people interested in this event who wouldn't want to sit through that for more than about 15 minutes.

SuperSceptile
06-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Right, I have to say that sounds awfully unfair to the rest of us. If I can get enough people together to play MK7, or to duke it out on X and Y, there's no reason not to. Also, BGO and CaH are rather similar games that rely almost 100% on appreciation for low humor, and I think there are a lot of people interested in this event who wouldn't want to sit through that for more than about 15 minutes.

Or even A match of Kid Icarus: Uprising or visiting each others towns in animal crossing. Really, the possibilities for this event are awesome.

Merga
06-03-2014, 12:43 AM
Or even A match of Kid Icarus: Uprising or visiting each others towns in animal crossing. Really, the possibilities for this event are awesome.

If I somehow make enough money to buy games this summer (which I think I will), then I will buy more 3DS games, even though the only ones that I want at the moment is Smash Bros. and Persona Q. I've been pondering about MK7, and I've never played an Animal Crossing game, so this could be a good experience. Please note that I will also have to save money because textbooks are expensive, and I am actually going to Otakon this summer as well, which costs money. Just note that because of college and living in a dorm next semester, I will not be able to use Wi-fi because I can't access a wireless connection through school wi-fi with a 3DS.

Which leads me to my next topic. I may play some PC games in the future when college starts up again. We can play Terraria, TF2, Minecraft (note that I probably won't be playing Minecraft with you guys), osu!, and other multiplayer games. If enough people are interested, and I have no clue if this will work properly or not, we could have a League of Legends night. I feel that enough people are interested in League to have a League night, but the reason I don't want to do that is because you can just watch Eyan's streams and play League with him.

I'm sorry that we cannot fulfill your needs to play 3DS games. Please forgive us.

~Merga :^(

Ayra
06-03-2014, 12:57 AM
Okay, there is absolutely no problem with a bunch of us playing 3ds games with one another on our own time, but it appears the "official" forum's game night is meant for things people can do on the internet like, you know, CAH/BGO and random games people come up with in Skype calls, which is just as fine as "unofficial" 3DS/WiiU nights.

SuperSceptile
06-03-2014, 12:58 AM
If I somehow make enough money to buy games this summer (which I think I will), then I will buy more 3DS games, even though the only ones that I want at the moment is Smash Bros. and Persona Q. I've been pondering about MK7, and I've never played an Animal Crossing game, so this could be a good experience. Please note that I will also have to save money because textbooks are expensive, and I am actually going to Otakon this summer as well, which costs money. Just note that because of college and living in a dorm next semester, I will not be able to use Wi-fi because I can't access a wireless connection through school wi-fi with a 3DS.

Which leads me to my next topic. I may play some PC games in the future when college starts up again. We can play Terraria, TF2, Minecraft (note that I probably won't be playing Minecraft with you guys), osu!, and other multiplayer games. If enough people are interested, and I have no clue if this will work properly or not, we could have a League of Legends night. I feel that enough people are interested in League to have a League night, but the reason I don't want to do that is because you can just watch Eyan's streams and play League with him.

I'm sorry that we cannot fulfill your needs to play 3DS games. Please forgive us.

~Merga :^(

Well, I'm down for TF2! :)

Pokemon73
06-03-2014, 01:01 AM
I don't mind what we do, as long as everyone gets to be involved

Leafeon
06-03-2014, 01:03 AM
Well, I would like to join but sadly I can't. 1. I'm grounded for like, ever i guess. Or until school's over. 2. I don't get out until the 12th. 3. I have very limited access to a PC. (I'm typing this while in my graphics class, avoiding my teacher's view. But I'd join if we could do this a later time.

SuperSceptile
06-03-2014, 01:10 AM
Now the only problem for me remains that I have no skype. I tried making one, but the registration would not let me.

Xerodragon12
06-03-2014, 01:16 AM
Well, I would like to join but sadly I can't. 1. I'm grounded for like, ever i guess. Or until school's over. 2. I don't get out until the 12th. 3. I have very limited access to a PC. (I'm typing this while in my graphics class, avoiding my teacher's view. But I'd join if we could do this a later time.
We (at least I) plan on doing more of these, later.

With regards to other games, I could set up a survival server on Minecraft or something, and we can mess around or something.

Blade Lord Nayru
06-03-2014, 01:18 AM

With regards to other games, I could set up a survival server on Minecraft or something, and we can mess around or something.

I recently bought Minecraft, so that's something I could join. The thing is, my computer tends to bluescreen when I'm playing Minecraft. It doesn't happen every time though.

SuperSceptile
06-03-2014, 01:18 AM

Can we still do TF2? That's the only PC game mentioned so far that I could do. Pretty please? :)

Kamex
06-03-2014, 01:55 AM

Definitely for this. It would be pretty awesome if we had a minecraft server again.

ShadowMr.L
06-03-2014, 01:56 AM
I support the Minecraft thing 100%! It'd be really fun to play with the community!

Rocket
06-03-2014, 02:30 AM

Xero, awesome idea. Minecraft Hardcore, anyone?

And, I really don't care if I can't play console games or 3DS games with people here during a game night (I'll find a way to play people during our free time). I don't feel like I'm involved with the community enough, and it'd just be nice to hang out and to know people a little better.

And, if you are considering doing more game nights in the future, I support it.

Flubbs
06-03-2014, 03:37 AM
If enough people want, I'm alright with holding some 3DS game night later this summer (preferably when Smash is out.) If we can get enough people, I can also do osu! nights as well, but I'd prefer to wait until everyone is done with school to do these so that we can get as many people in as possible. Just thought I'd try these out too, especially since I can't make it to this one.

sonriopoby123
06-03-2014, 03:39 AM
just know that when osu! Night happens i am 3pro for everyone here so ill go easy on you guys ;o

SuperSceptile
06-03-2014, 04:20 AM
If enough people want, I'm alright with holding some 3DS game night later this summer (preferably when Smash is out.) If we can get enough people, I can also do osu! nights as well, but I'd prefer to wait until everyone is done with school to do these so that we can get as many people in as possible. Just thought I'd try these out too, especially since I can't make it to this one.

Yay smash 3ds!

BreeZaps
06-03-2014, 04:49 AM
All of us should play minecraft UHC in teams and see who wins xD

Shaymin
06-03-2014, 12:18 PM
just know that when osu! Night happens i am 3pro for everyone here so ill go easy on you guys ;o

AR 9 and a better skin
fite me six digit ranker ;3

---

Also, I don't mind using a mouse that's worse for osu!, it'll make games fair. ^_^

AlphaSapphire
06-03-2014, 07:14 PM
I don't have a 3DS or (legally bought) Minecraft, so instead I'll just listen in(if I can, that is)

Xerodragon12
06-03-2014, 07:50 PM
I don't have a 3DS or (legally bought) Minecraft, so instead I'll just listen in(if I can, that is)

Feel free to watch and listen! It's going to be streamed for everyone to enjoy! (Also, I don't have a 3DS or a 3DS capture card (or any consoles for that matter), so we'll stick to Minecraft, Osu, and browser games.)

ShadowMr.L
06-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Feel free to watch and listen! It's going to be streamed for everyone to enjoy! (Also, I don't have a 3DS or a 3DS capture card (or any consoles for that matter), so we'll stick to Minecraft, Osu, and browser games.)

Will there be a stream channel completely different from the one Eyan uses or is it going to be Eyan's channel?

Merga
06-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Will there be a stream channel completely different from the one Eyan uses or is it going to be Eyan's channel?

It's on Xerodragon's Twitch channel. The link is in the OP. If Eyan decides to stream Saturday night, we will probably move it so that he won't lose viewers.

DarkSide
06-05-2014, 01:15 AM
Unfortunately I will be unable to attend. I will be with my father on the 7th, and sadly he doesn't have an internet connection. Furthermore, I don't even have a Skype account. However I have access to the internet via my phone, so I hopefully will be able to watch the stream. Might I ask if there will be another "SS Community game night" in the future?

I hope you all have a great time~

(Also, the OP reads "We hope that you guys can join us Monday night!" and the 7th is a Saturday).

Xerodragon12
06-05-2014, 01:47 AM
Unfortunately I will be unable to attend. I will be with my father on the 7th, and sadly he doesn't have an internet connection. Furthermore, I don't even have a Skype account. However I have access to the internet via my phone, so I hopefully will be able to watch the stream. Might I ask if there will be another "SS Community game night" in the future?

I hope you all have a great time~

(Also, the OP reads "We hope that you guys can join us Monday night!" and the 7th is a Saturday).

1: Merga is an idiot
2: We will do more community nights if this one goes well

Merga
06-05-2014, 02:47 AM
1: Merga is an idiot

https://24.media.tumblr.com/0d004d73b506358a9d1bad05698479a7/tumblr_mqe391xY4w1sbwwveo1_500.gif

Gyaradomo
06-05-2014, 03:34 AM
i mean we can play board game online but im afraid i might dominate accidentally

AlphaSapphire
06-05-2014, 10:40 AM
i mean we can play board game online but im afraid i might dominate accidentally

accidentally

@Edit: I can host a pac-man tournament, will anybody be interested in joining it?

X!!
06-06-2014, 06:07 PM
accidentally

@Edit: I can host a pac-man tournament, will anybody be interested in joining it?

Nobody uses the arcade anymore.

This game can be something you can play for game night, but you'll kind of need enough people to join. It's basically an online Mafia. http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

SuperSceptile
06-06-2014, 11:12 PM
accidentally

I would do Pac-man, just to get hyped for his announcement for SSB4.

Pokemon73
06-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Maybe we can do split plays, one does board, one does card, one does something else so everyone can do something

Merga
06-07-2014, 01:41 AM
Nobody uses the arcade anymore.

This game can be something you can play for game night, but you'll kind of need enough people to join. It's basically an online Mafia. http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Don't get me wrong, I love mafia, and I will allow it because it's a fun game. However, I have a feeling it will be too complicated for some people, so if you could explain the rules, then that would be appreciated. I would love to add this to the list of games that we do.

X!!
06-07-2014, 02:37 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love mafia, and I will allow it because it's a fun game. However, I have a feeling it will be too complicated for some people, so if you could explain the rules, then that would be appreciated. I would love to add this to the list of games that we do.

Basically how the game works is the mafia and serial killer kill someone at night. The next day you discover who died and what role they had (The game automatically gives you a role to play at the start, and it tells you the description of your role, your alignment, and your abilities). Then everyone votes for someone to get lynched. Depending on how many votes they have, the accused will go on trial and will get a chance to say something in their defense. Then everyone makes their final decision and gets to vote if the accused is guilty or not. If the accused is guilty, they get lynched. If innocent, then they get spared and they get to vote for someone else to get lynched. The lynching process ends when someone gets lynched or when the timer runs out (in this case, no one gets lynched and you move on to the night time). Repeat the process and stuff. The townspeople win when all the mafia die and vice versa.

A link to all of the roles can be found here: http://town-of-salem.wikia.com/wiki/Town_of_Salem_Wiki

Merga
06-07-2014, 06:23 PM
For anybody that will make it for sure, send me a PM so that I can add you to a skype group. If I don't have you on Skype, then send me your Skype name as well. I will be gone for a little while, but I will be back in time for game night. Also, if you have any other ideas, then send me them via PM as well.

What we have planned so far:
-Board Game Online
-Cards Against Humanity
-osu!
-Karaoke
-Mafia (if we have enough people)

Blade Lord Nayru
06-07-2014, 06:30 PM
I've got a time zone converter up, but it doesn't have options like CST, only locations. What location is CST?

Dragonite
06-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Call me crazy, but this (http://xkcd.com/1335/) is actually my favorite time converter because it shows visually where places are. It doesn't account for everything, but it works for the most part.

Merga
06-07-2014, 06:37 PM
I've got a time zone converter up, but it doesn't have options like CST, only locations. What location is CST?

CST means Central Standard Time. So pretty much Central US.

Blade Lord Nayru
06-07-2014, 06:49 PM
CST means Central Standard Time. So pretty much Central US.

By guessing what central US was I managed to find this, and it seems like it's gonna be 1AM for me. I'm gonna be up then, but I'm gonna be busy. So I won't be able to stay for long, maybe just for short games. However, I do not like Skype and do therefore not feel like using it. Can I still participate?

SuperSceptile
06-07-2014, 07:02 PM
I'll be there, but skype would not let me join. It was REALLY annoying. My parents are going to dinner at 7 so I'm in luck.

Kamex
06-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Not sure where to say this but I would like to join as well.

Ayra
06-07-2014, 09:19 PM
I'll do this, but it kinda competes with the hockey game tonight. I'll do my best to multitask, though.

Dragonite
06-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Looks like I still haven't said for sure if I'll be there or not tonight, but assume I will be for now unless I say otherwise later tonight.

SuperSceptile
06-07-2014, 09:31 PM
For anybody that will make it for sure, send me a PM so that I can add you to a skype group. If I don't have you on Skype, then send me your Skype name as well. I will be gone for a little while, but I will be back in time for game night. Also, if you have any other ideas, then send me them via PM as well.

What we have planned so far:
-Board Game Online
-Cards Against Humanity
-osu!
-Karaoke
-Mafia (if we have enough people)

Can we do TF2?

kUA.,
06-07-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm game for the game night. :P

Gyaradomo
06-08-2014, 12:50 AM
we should use raidcall or something, im pretty sure skype is one of the reasons that everybody is a robot

ShadowMr.L
06-08-2014, 03:06 AM
As some input for tonight's session (which is still going on atm), I've had a total blast. It was very cool to be in a call, chatting with all these people of this community. And it's something I'd love to keep doing in the future, hopefully with the addition of more games in due time.

SuperSceptile
06-08-2014, 03:10 AM
This was great, and I'd do it again, but there is one thing I didn't like. The game selection. I just didn't have that much fun in any of them except for Mafia, which we only did 1 round of.

Shantae
06-08-2014, 04:08 AM
What do have learned from the SS Community Game Night?

1. Newbie TS won the Board Game Online game.
2. Mafia whooped us.
3. Some funny moments in CoH.
4. The FREAKING PS4
5. Everyone in skype call sounded like a robot and it hurts our ears. Especially that coughing TS in call. X_X

I missed the Osu one but still. I totally have a great time talking some people in the call and enjoying the games we played in community game night. I'm up for another round of community game night once I'm done my finals and school. : )

ShadowMr.L
06-08-2014, 04:16 AM
What have we learned from the SS Community Game Night?

1. Newbie TS won the Board Game Online game.
2. Mafia whooped us.
3. Some funny moments in CoH.
4. The FREAKING PS4

I missed the Osu one but still. I totally have a great time talking some people in the call and enjoying the games we played in community game night. I'm up for another round of community game night once I'm done my finals and school. : )

You also forgot to mention everyone sounded like a robot. xD And that was very annoying with trying to communicate during games.

Merga
06-08-2014, 04:17 AM
Yeah, next time, we're using raidcall. Skype really isn't good for big calls.

Shantae
06-08-2014, 04:25 AM
You also forgot to mention everyone sounded like a robot. xD And that was very annoying with trying to communicate during games.

Oh yes and also Togekiss coughing in the chatbox too. Not really that annoying but he would've mute it or something. :3

Rocket
06-08-2014, 04:50 AM
The game night was fun.

...I sounded horrible. I sounded squeaky. And, people couldn't really hear me.

X!!
06-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Do game nights on a Friday next time so that I can actually join. ;~;

Xerodragon12
06-09-2014, 06:03 AM
http://youtu.be/qnwiQAYCdzc

http://youtu.be/fOx5e7BVnkg
-VIDEO DELETED BECAUSE: SCREW YOUTUBE'S COPYRIGHT SYSTEM-

These are all the parts that were uploaded to Youtube. One problem I didn't foresee was the fact that copyrighted music might appear in the Osu! section, so if you want to watch that last part, you may as well watch the whole thing from my twitch archives. If we do Karaoke or Osu!, I won't upload those streams to Youtube (I'll probably try Nico Nico because NND>YT>dailymotion, but you'll need a NND account to watch those)

Blade Lord Nayru
06-09-2014, 03:54 PM
It's been getting on my nerves that a lot of the people in the stream seemed interested in mafia, but now after it I can only get one person to play with me. If you're on the chatbox and see me talking about the game, don't be afraid to tell me if you want to join. Please.

Ayra
06-10-2014, 03:14 AM
So when the next thing occur?

Xerodragon12
06-10-2014, 06:07 AM
So the SS community night was met with lukewarm attention, peaking at a measly 11 views, and tapering out to like 5 by the end of the night. We are, however, considering moving it out to Friday nights, instead of Saturday, since that's when I know for a fact that I would be home alone and not disruptive. Considering the fan reactions to the games that we've played last Saturday, we decided that we will do more Town of Salem and more Pretend you're Xyzzy, and less of Boardgame Online. However, due to copyright issues from Youtube, where most of this will be uploaded after the stream, we've decided that we are going to suspend Osu! activity for the time being, that is, until I find a new site that I could upload hour-long segments to without paying extra (NND, I'm looking at you). Karaoke, however, should be fine. Speaking of which, what other stuff do you want us to do? Should I facecam? Would there be an interest if we held a Touhou 12.3 or 13.5 tournament during the stream? Should we reopen the SS minecraft world? Let us know, so Merga and I can plan accordingly!

Tainers14
06-10-2014, 06:09 AM
So the SS community night was met with lukewarm attention, peaking at a measly 11 views, and tapering out to like 5 by the end of the night. We are, however, considering moving it out to Friday nights, instead of Saturday, since that's when I know for a fact that I would be home alone and not disruptive. Considering the fan reactions to the games that we've played last Saturday, we decided that we will do more Town of Salem and more Pretend you're Xyzzy, and less of Boardgame Online. However, due to copyright issues from Youtube, where most of this will be uploaded after the stream, we've decided that we are going to suspend Osu! activity for the time being, that is, until I find a new site that I could upload hour-long segments to without paying extra (NND, I'm looking at you). Karaoke, however, should be fine. Speaking of which, what other stuff do you want us to do? Should I facecam? Would there be an interest if we held a Touhou 12.3 or 13.5 tournament during the stream? Should we reopen the SS minecraft world? Let us know, so Merga and I can plan accordingly!

You should facecam ;D

ShadowMr.L
06-10-2014, 12:21 PM

I strongly support the re-opening of the SS minecraft server for game night. I, and many other members would love to see it happen. The karaoke thing sounds very appealing as well.

I'll be showing up and watching it all anyway so anything you guys add will be alright with me.

AlphaSapphire
06-10-2014, 12:23 PM
SS Minecraft world? Only if you crack it...
Ahem...
I THINK that Dailymotion can accept videos over an hour long...
Also, how will that Karaoke thing work? Do we just sing along to a song with everyone in the Skype Chat listening to you?

Dabottle
06-10-2014, 12:25 PM
eyanland uhc let's do it
or we could play calamity or proximity or nail or rfw or one of those fancy new maps that i don't know of since i haven't played minecraft pvp in a while

Blade Lord Nayru
06-10-2014, 06:21 PM

Unfortunately, whether it's gonna be friday or saturday I won't make it this weekend. I have a graduation to go to and need to be well slept, so on friday it's too late and I most likely won't be home saturday. I still hope you guys have fun.

Dragonite
06-10-2014, 09:12 PM
also, at least do Pokémon Showdown if not actual handheld battles. They last four minutes each and you can even spectate those things.

Kamex
06-10-2014, 09:40 PM
I also vote on opening a minecraft world for game night too. It would probably add a lot more to it since we would all be co-operating in some way or venturing together in a vast open world. Think of the possibilities!

Kyoits
06-10-2014, 09:50 PM
If Pokemon Showdown were included, I would actually consider joining the next one.

SuperPikachuTNT
06-11-2014, 01:08 AM
I fully support the minecraft thing considering it's the only game that i can participate in.

Liegesauras
06-12-2014, 12:32 AM
Well it's probably the only one I can't but it'd still be cool to watch.
Oh, terraria might be fun. (plus I can do that one so hehehe of course)

Xerodragon12
06-12-2014, 02:56 PM
The next community night will be tomorrow at 7pm CST!

AlphaSapphire
06-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Will there be a Skype group set up?
@EDIT: Can you move it to noon CST? I would like to join, but 7PM CST is 1AM for me.

Blade Lord Nayru
06-12-2014, 07:43 PM
@EDIT: Can you move it to noon CST? I would like to join, but 7PM CST is 1AM for me.
It's the same for me. Luckily I have the night shift, so I need to stay up til 3 or so.

Xerodragon12
06-12-2014, 08:06 PM

Unfortunately, no, because I'm at the lab for majority of the day, up until 3PM CST.

Liegesauras
06-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Aw. I won't be able to join, going to the grand opening of a card shop nearby and won't be back until at least 9. Which, I guess the last stream lasted for quite a while, so I might be able to make it later.

SuperPikachuTNT
06-13-2014, 05:29 AM

Merga
06-13-2014, 06:16 AM

This time around, we are not going to host a Skype call, or a call of any kind. The reason being is because the call last time was kind of chaotic, and Skype cannot handle 12-15 person calls. I think we are restricting it to staff only, which in the end would probably be just me and Xero. *in Iwata voice* Please understand that while we enjoy the company of others, there are limits, and one of them are big calls. *extends hand forward* Please have a look.

Flubbs
06-13-2014, 06:36 AM
I'd join you guys but the days that I have free time at night are probably really terrible for everyone else.

sonriopoby123
06-14-2014, 05:01 AM
l o l .

Xerodragon12
06-14-2014, 04:07 PM
http://youtu.be/ODIL-2FLirU

http://youtu.be/csCBWRRKn20

I would say that last night's stream as marginally better, if only because we didn't play Boardgame Online in the beginning. There were a few hiccups, like the feed going black halfway through, but I'd say, if I had given a better 'head's-up', we would have had a better audience. Of course, we need to work on keeping the call intact for the entire stream, because the stream tends to drop viewers once the call falls apart (Right before Osu! in the first night, right before Cards against Humanity in this one). Also, I suck at solo commentary.

X!!
06-15-2014, 02:25 PM
This time around, we are not going to host a Skype call, or a call of any kind. The reason being is because the call last time was kind of chaotic, and Skype cannot handle 12-15 person calls. I think we are restricting it to staff only, which in the end would probably be just me and Xero. *in Iwata voice* Please understand that while we enjoy the company of others, there are limits, and one of them are big calls. *extends hand forward* Please have a look.

I know the whole chaotic Skype call issue is there and all, but I still think game nights would be more fun if everyone can interact with each other live. Just typing things in a chat is kiiiiind of boring. Plus, Xero's solo commentary can repel viewers early on.

ShadowMr.L
06-16-2014, 12:31 AM
I understand that the call had significant issues and what not, I know that especially from hosting one of them. I am agreeing with X here on this one. It is kind of boring just to type. And I understand why certain actions are taken to ensure the night goes smoothly. I just felt, due to the lack of community interaction completely kills the "community" aspect of community game night. Instead it looks like, to me, watch a person stream games with his friends(staff) and minor community contact outside of the game. Even still, I felt the communication was quite little between us all.

Xerodragon12
06-16-2014, 12:58 AM
I understand fully what you guys are trying to say, but as of right now, you guys aren't really offering fixes to the problem at hand. Please understand that we're still trying something out, and feel free to input your ideas as to how to fix it, but just simply complaining about a problem we know exists doesn't help us whatsoever.

tl;dr: We know the problem exists, don't complain, give us ideas on how to fix instead

sonriopoby123
06-16-2014, 01:06 AM
get better internet asap

ShadowMr.L
06-16-2014, 01:12 AM
There are various ideas that are coming to mind at this current second. Many of which could be very tedious, but work.

1. Switch to Oovoo?

2. Various staff members who want to take part in the events could stream from their perspective, and having various calls of eight or so people each.

3. Better internet like Sonrio said.

There will be more suggestions added to this post if I can think of any additional ideas.

SuperSceptile
06-16-2014, 02:52 AM
I wasn't at the last one so I have to ask, did you do pokemon showdown? If you didn't, we really ashould consider it. Like town of salem, it's something that almost everyone here has an account to. We could even set up a tournament during the stream, with the people there. I just think it's a really fun and easy thing to do. Also, when is the next one?

marissachu
06-16-2014, 03:37 AM
Okay, so I understand that everyone wants to be talking and be in the call and be a part of it because it's the /community/ game night not "watch the SS Staff (and not even with SuperSkarmory himself) play games in their own call;" however, having 12-15 people in one call is too many. Imagine going to a party and everyone there just tries to talk at once, that's what it would be like and I mean if other people dig that that's your thing but I'm not a fan of that personally. Additionally, if everyone is in the call why even watch the stream...?

Here's a couple of *suggestions* for modifications to these nights in order to improve community involvement or improve the night in general (bear in mind these are suggestions, not demands or me trying to claim this is what we need to do):
1) Have the staff in one call and set up something so that the other forum members could hang out in another. Doesn't have to be on Skype, but it gives the actually stream some sense of coherency and allows the community to actually interact. If people wanted, we could even shuffle the groups around. However, I believe that having more than like 6 people talking in one call is too many for a stream[I]. Additionally, having two calls could allow for possible games vs. the groups if we could find something of that sort (I don't thinking having more than 2 would be a good idea because then there's not much community interaction, just a bunch of mini friend groups and probably a few people being excluded).
2) Assuming we want to keep the whole stream format thing, we could potentially divide the game night into two sorts of things. Say Friday the staff gets together and streams (attempting to be entertaining and [I]actually monitoring the chat so we can interact with y'all and Saturday we just host a few games and everyone can show up and start a call if they want but not stream. Or we could pick one or the other. I just don't personally feel that everyone playing at once and talking at once would be a stream that anyone would really even watch so why go through the effort, ya know?
3) This isn't exclusive the other two, but I think we should have a really solid plan next time we do this. Like, three games already picked out and announced, with a very specific time set (and clearly announced to any interested and to staff so we're timely) and games organized so we don't spend like 30 minutes being like UH HOW DO WE SET THIS UP HAHA. I also don't feel as if this necessarily has to last for three hours as it seems to have before. Tbh two hours is a really solid chunk of time and unless we were playing something like BGO which takes forever (and I do not recommend us trying again) there's really no reason/sustained interest in playing a game for more than like 30-45 minutes. I will organize this all if no one else does even if I don't show up because I think one of the main problems is us just sorta winging it.

TLDR: 1) 2 calls? 2) 2 days? No stream? Different setup in general? 3) PLAN THINGS

Hope this provides some potential solutions. Feel free to disagree with me or build off of what I'm saying, just want to improve this schtuff. Thanks!

sonriopoby123
06-16-2014, 03:47 AM
i say we go with 4) wing everything

though that hasnt worked in the other nights soooo

Xerodragon12
06-16-2014, 05:20 AM
To be completely honest, I was actually going to do Town of Salem instead of epicmafia, but apparently some of the staff members gave me a bit of flak for choosing the former instead of the latter. Also, I keep saying that we'd do Minecraft and Karaoke, but I don't have the necessary software to run a multiplayer world (much less the will to actually download it because I kind of need a ****load of memory on my computer for research). I'm still trying to figure out karaoke and keeping people around long enough to actually make it worthwhile, since by the time I actually want to do karaoke, we have like 5 viewers, and that's just no fun. In the case of Minecraft, unless you guys want to play minigames on like Mineplex (or something) or we somehow revive the official SS Minecraft world, Minecraft might not be a feasible thing this summer, which is a shame, since people have expressed interest in doing so. Pokeshowdown could be a fun thing to do for a "day two" sort of deal-Competitive Pokemon battles are like Magic the Gathering games-they're fun to play, but they are excruciatingly boring to watch. I hate watching competitive pokemon battling, and in no way would I want to stream something I find boring. If we do a two-day thing like Marissa suggested, we could do a community PS tourney or something that isn't streamed.

Blade Lord Nayru
06-16-2014, 05:25 AM
I'm thinking that we could do what several people have said so far, go with multiple calls. However, before starting, we should decide who can be in the call based on how well everyone else can hear them. This doesn't affect me much, as I'm not gonna be in the call regardless, but I'd like to be able to hear when watching the stream. So, I think about 5 people in the stream call is about the limit, and they should all be well audible, whether they're staff or not.

sonriopoby123
07-02-2014, 12:27 PM
so is this happening again anytime soon or is that a no

Xerodragon12
07-02-2014, 02:13 PM
so is this happening again anytime soon or is that a no

Honestly, I'm extremely busy to the point where I don't have time to plan this stuff any more, much less actually do it, so the next one will probably not be until Mid-August.