PDA

View Full Version : Forum Court

sonriopoby123
07-05-2014, 07:39 AM
Keep in mind that this section is called Suggestions, Feedback, and Help

I'd like to say something real quick. We've been having so many problems lately that we just end making even the smallest things a huge problem. I thought up a bunch of stuff that could be helpful but in the end wasn't because I am only a member and my ideas were kinda bad too.

Now, the topic of this post: Forum Court. I don't most of you are aware, but back in the ol' days we had a court system in which there were a series of threads made to figure out what to do with troublemakers. I was there during that time bur my memory is bad and I don't know how that ended, but I can only assume that since we have infractions and things like that here, we didn't really need it because this is a dictatorship obviously.

But then, I wonder, why should the mods only get to do all the work? After all, don't we want to help this place too? So the court system came into my head and I started thinking and thinking and then light bulb.

PROS TO COURT SYSTEM:
- We can discuss problems against users that have caused us unnecessary pain
- A fun system where even the smallest problems are made important since so many of you like to do that
- Help out this forum

CONS TO COURT SYSTEM:
- Fights
- More of a hassle with users that deny everything
- Infractions are already punishments
- Could create tension between users

tl;dr Court system could help our community and unite us more but still has problems

What do you guys think? This idea could be praised or shot down, and I don't care what happens. We've gotten this far without it so I'm sure we can still, but it would be nice if we tested it out or something and see if it improves anything.

I'd also like to ask why the system was ended. I was 9 back then so I had no clue why it did so if I'm making a mistake here it'd be nice to know.

(btw i am totally creating an argument against eoghan one way or another)

Uzi
07-05-2014, 08:01 AM
forum court was ended since we don't really need to make an investigation of a member public. not like any forum court cases were ever judged not guilty as the jury was typically 80% staff with a forum member guest (typically a forum member against the one on trial).

forum court was just a way of making the punishment of a user a public execution, i guess. i just don't see a reason to have it when things can be handled in a much more mature fashion.

Zachgoose
07-05-2014, 08:24 AM
CONS TO COURT SYSTEM:
-We aren't 10 years old anymore.

I'd also like to ask why the system was ended.

I told Eyan it was dumb and he was like "yeah"

==========================

In the present state of the forum, having a court system might cause more drama. IT'D BE FUN THOUGH!!! If you have a problem with a user that isn't exactly a widespread issue, just PM a mod and get your conflict sorted out.

I just don't see us saying, "YOU HAVE COMMITTED TREASON AGAINST THE GREAT SUPER SKARMORY, PURPLEFTW. YOU SHALL BE BANNED FROM OUR MIGHTY KINGDOM FOR 6 MONTHS" like we used to.

Not that I'm against the idea, though. Just think it's outdated and immature.

Ayra
07-05-2014, 10:01 AM
I see it being a bit like this:
http://s16.postimg.org/yuroqeub9/crt.png

Kyoits
07-05-2014, 11:53 AM
First off, Sylveon, that picture is straight up fabulous. Secondly, I think that having a court system wouldn't be that bad of an idea. It could really help users that are having issues with other users and as sonrio said in his post, everybody could help and not just the mods. Now, there are some issues that have already been listed before, but I personally think that the pros overshadow the cons just by a bit. If we did ever get a court system, I would be a fan of it.

Dabottle
07-05-2014, 03:15 PM
as someone who joined after it ended and missed out on ALL THE FUN, please no

it wouldn't help with anything anyway and would probably be really tedious and stupid

i can't see it helping with the current eyanland problems either. people should just stop being so ****ty to each other and the yoshi/roxas attempts at "humour" need to stop because they're annoying and only result in drama.

UbersSuck20
07-05-2014, 08:03 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmtbr3O6sx1qctkcl.jpg

I fail to see why would a court system be necessary. It would just lead to SPAM, immature behaviour, SPAM, fights between users, MORE SPAM, foul language, EVEN MORE SPAM, favouritism, and SPAM TO THE MAX.

Luna
07-05-2014, 08:27 PM
S P A M T O T H E M A X

also nty, they were dumb to begin with and only fun bc we were like 5 at the time
and somebody would take them wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously and start bringing, like, actual law into it and point out the many inaccuracies and i don't wanna deal with dat

BreeZaps
07-05-2014, 08:37 PM
and the yoshi/roxas attempts at "humour" need to stop because they're annoying and only result in drama.

YES THIS.
glad that roxas is gone
but it sadly wont be forever
:(

sonriopoby123
07-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Well, that's probably enough then. Don't want this thread getting off topic so I guess we can all agree that it's a no, right?

XpL
07-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Dae itt superdupersquirtle forum court?!!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!1

Dabottle
07-05-2014, 08:55 PM
It would just lead to SPAM, immature behaviour, SPAM, fights between users, MORE SPAM, foul language, EVEN MORE SPAM, favouritism, and SPAM TO THE MAX.

this is precisely why forum courts would be bad

Uzi
07-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Dae itt superdupersquirtle forum court?!!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!1

why did you rewrite my post in a way that got you upvotes

edit: please upvote my posts

Shantae
07-05-2014, 09:32 PM
lets all agree that this suggestion is a no because this wouldn't make anything better for the forums.
like it's not really necessary.

and lmao xpl

X!!
07-06-2014, 07:13 AM
It actually sounds fun, but it's pointless because of reasons everyone else already said. Also, a person's mistakes shouldn't be made public, because it makes everyone think less of them. Everyone already tries to correct Roxas whenever he does something dumb anyway, so the "non-staff members contributing" aspect isn't even something new. I think if we were to ever make forum courts a thing, it would end up as a thread in the roleplaying section.

sonriopoby123
07-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Anyways I'll just lock this so that no one else gets PC+++ on stating the obvious thank you and have a great day (sun)

Tainers14
07-06-2014, 08:32 PM
we should also add a new rank called the "pheonix wright" rank and give it to a 3rd party member that cracks the case and wins forum court.