PDA

View Full Version : Mafia Section?

Merga
08-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Hey guys.

I know that as of late mafia has become very popular on this website, so what if we were to make a section that is all about Mafia. With this, posts in this section will count towards post count because some thought has to be put in the post during these games, and feel that writing paragraphs just to not have it count towards post count will make people sad. That and we can also sticky a guide on how to play mafia, and the certain roles that we have used so far.

Thoughts?

Pokemon73
08-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Definitely, this could also boost the forum as well if people see the new section

Shantae
08-14-2014, 10:34 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this suggestion, but sure why not?

Definitely, this could also boost the forum as well if people see the new section
If they're interested but it doesn't really necessary boost the forum. However it would be more organized with only mafia threads.

Prospering
08-14-2014, 11:13 PM
Im all in for this, I'm wondering too, could we have different mafia games going on at once? Like a rule where u can be in one at a time because there are a ton of people that want to play. A lot more than just 10

Ayra
08-14-2014, 11:23 PM
I totally support this. Seeing the popularity of the game on this forum, it should have its own section. And because the posts contain actual thinking, they deserve to contribute to pc. I like the idea of a mafia section.

Uzi
08-14-2014, 11:29 PM
of course bud. that'd be something important since i don't think anyone is good enough to play two games at once.

LovelyOshawott
08-14-2014, 11:34 PM
I can't help but agree with UV about multiple games. Now that the cap is 8 instead of 10, less people can play.

Some rules should be-

2 games at a time (3 is the ABSOLUTE limit. If host isn't doing anything or whatever.)
only people who are active and actually know how to setup a game can host.

I don't think anyone should try two games at a time though.

Austin
08-15-2014, 12:17 AM
I am totally for this idea. I also agree with the having multiple mafia games because there are times where a mafia game is made at like 3 a.m. and by the time that a normal person would wake up all of the spots would be filled. Not to mention it'd be nice having a meaningful post count towards your post count!

Prospering
08-15-2014, 12:23 AM
I just hope the whole post count idea doesn't lead to people that actually care about the high ranks to spam the mafia threads. I was thinking that we could have an Epic mafia username kind of thread so we could meet up on there if there are no open mafia games to play in. Or unfortunately, a ToS thread :/

Rocket
08-15-2014, 01:59 AM
I'm up for having a mafia section and multiple games at a time. That sounds more organized-like.

SuperSceptile
08-15-2014, 02:02 AM
I just hope the whole post count idea doesn't lead to people that actually care about the high ranks to spam the mafia threads. I was thinking that we could have an Epic mafia username kind of thread so we could meet up on there if there are no open mafia games to play in. Or unfortunately, a ToS thread :/

We have a ToS thread already.

Flubbs
08-15-2014, 02:13 AM
I'd like to see a mafia section out it so that when a new posts are made in the thread, you won't have to search for it through other threads (like count to ten or whatever other threads are in pfg.) It's minor, but it's quicker access to the games. I also like the idea of posts counting towards post count for the section.

I'm on the fence about the multiple games going on at once though. Yeah, I like the idea because the games that are made now fill up really fast since it's so popular and not everyone gets a chance due to time zones. The thing that's getting me is how many games can be up. Like, I can see five people making a game and only two or maybe three fill up and the others are just left there. Plus, having someone participate in multiple games at once might get a little crazy. There might be two games going on at once, and both games are made up of the exact same people, minus the one or two different people in each game.

I think a limit should be put on how many games can be going on at once, or at least a limit to how many games you can be in at once. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can definitely see things getting a little crazy without some kind of limit.

LovelyOshawott
08-15-2014, 02:26 AM
I can't help but agree with UV about multiple games. Now that the cap is 8 instead of 10, less people can play.

Some rules should be-

2 games at a time (3 is the ABSOLUTE limit. If host isn't doing anything or whatever.)
only people who are active and actually know how to setup a game can host.

I don't think anyone should try two games at a time though.

^ I feel ignored. I think these should be a few rules if we do have this section.

XpL
08-15-2014, 05:10 AM
Only if I own the mafia sub forum and moderate it.

sonriopoby123
08-15-2014, 05:14 AM
do not make a mafia section

Hakuiin
08-15-2014, 05:18 AM
Yes, because I have always wanted to understand how to play Mafia, and I think the guide would be very helpful.

Prospering
08-15-2014, 05:34 AM
Only if I own the mafia sub forum and moderate it.

fairynuff

Uzi
08-15-2014, 05:58 AM
do not make a mafia section

you're 12

sonriopoby123
08-15-2014, 06:11 AM
you're 12

14 get it right

Eltafez
08-16-2014, 01:19 AM
Good grief....

Anyways, I think a mafia section would be great. I also feel that having two ongoing games might potentially allow more people to participate, but maybe there should be a rule that you can be in only one mafia game at once. That way more members can play.

X!!
08-16-2014, 02:54 AM
The Mafia section idea sounds good. I couldn't play the recent games because of dem timezones. Two games going on at the same time should be the limit imo and each person should not be allowed to play more than one game at the same time. We can also probably do certain events once a year or something where we have a crap ton of players (like, 15 or more) if it's possible. Made up setups would also be pretty interesting.

And the post counts being counted can help me obtain Lyra rank!

Uzi
08-16-2014, 11:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhenogvNrno

thread closed.