PDA

View Full Version : Forum Revamp

Zachgoose
09-12-2014, 01:11 PM
I'll be tidying up, adding new content, and updating the forum over the next few days. This post is just a log with the changes I've made so people don't freak out:

-Other Pokemon Games and 6th Generation Pokemon games merged into Pokemon General
-Anime and Manga merged with Media discussion
-Roleplaying merged with Fanfiction
-The Super Skarmory Battle Rankings are hidden for now. Do people still want to keep them open? They haven't been posted in for a couple of weeks.
-Added a SSB section.

...List is in progress and continually updating.

Please only post in this thread with legitimate concerns, suggestions, ideas, and questions in order to keep the thread neat. Any troll comments can be redirected to the Pointless Forum Games, and any "Wow this is awesome" comments can simply be a like.

Zachgoose
09-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Topics for discussion that I'm debating but feel free to add any discussions you like:

Keep the Battle Rankings or do the people in them not care about them anymore?

What should I do about the Nintendo / Fire Emblem sections? Leave them alone? Merge them?

Potentially make a "Challenge runs" section that includes all the nuzlockes, Pick My Teams, group playthroughs etc.?

New site skin(s) to replace the current ones?

League of Legends probably deserves more than being crammed into one thread. Should it get its own section or would an "Online PvP PC Games" be better?

Blade Lord Nayru
09-12-2014, 01:43 PM
The challenge runs section would work well for just about any game, so all the PMUs for both Fire Emblem and Pokemon might fit there, among other things.

I think Fire Emblem might also fit into the Nintendo section quite well, the battle rankings can stay hidden until they start again and I'd really like to see some new skins if someone would make them.

That's my eight cents on the topics.

Edit: I'd quite like a section with more room for the LoL stuff.

SuperSceptile
09-12-2014, 02:00 PM
I feel like if we merged fire emblem into the Nintendo games discussion, we'd never talk about other Nintendo games. That's just my opinion.
Challenge section sounds good though, and I don't know about the battle rankings.
Edit- I know we are trying to minimize the sections on the forums, but I was thinking smash should get its own section. With all of the different contend smash has, it's hard to talk about it all in one thread. It's kinda like if Pokémon only had one thread.

X!!
09-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Roleplaying merged with Fanfiction

Personally, I don't agree with this. The RP section is something that gets updated almost as frequently as the Pointless Forum Games section (as long as some type of RP is going on) and it completely overshadows the Fanfiction section. Sure, no one makes fanfictions these days, but if someone randomly decides to make one, it'll be kind of hard to know when it will be updated when there will just be a lot of updates from the RP section. The two sections were originally merged, but I'm pretty sure there was a reason why they were separated (I forgot why though. lol). Admittedly, I don't care for the fanfictions and rps, but I'd still feel bad if there was someone who would want their fanficition get noticed and have it overshadowed by the rp posts instead.

Keep the Battle Rankings or do the people in them not care about them anymore?

It's not that we don't care about them anymore, it's just that we can't post in them anymore. The Battle Rankings are pretty useless if they're not being used, so I'm fine with them being hidden. Maybe when the Battle Rankings reopen, you could surprise all of us normal members by completely changing the weapons list or something.

What should I do about the Nintendo / Fire Emblem sections? Leave them alone? Merge them?

I'd rather have them left alone. A Fire Emblem section was made because everyone started doing PMU runs or something. Plus, it's hard enough to get people to post in your PMU thread already, since not so many people know Fire Emblem or care for them. The SSB4 thread getting updated frequently isn't going to help people notice the threads.

Potentially make a "Challenge runs" section that includes all the nuzlockes, Pick My Teams, group playthroughs etc.?

I remember this being suggested at one point, and I think that would actually be really cool. I'm down for it.

New site skin(s) to replace the current ones?

Idc about the skins at this point. I'm fine with how they look.

League of Legends probably deserves more than being crammed into one thread. Should it get its own section or would an "Online PvP PC Games" be better?

I think an "Online PvP PC Games" section might be better. I personally don't care much for those types of games though.

sonriopoby123
09-12-2014, 03:02 PM
Totally get new skins pls
But not just colors, why not make them with actual pictures and things like Nick's Anime skin?

Challenge section is yes omg

Luna
09-12-2014, 03:52 PM
"Online PvP Gaming" should be a main topic with League being a branch off of it.
Also, I know it's supposed to be a reward, but please can the title changing thing be a free for all?

Zachgoose
09-12-2014, 03:58 PM
I am "testing" a SSB section. If there is demand for more fighting games, we might merge. But as it stands, the one Smash thread we have is bigger than like... the old anime section.

So it could stay as SSB, or we could have a "Fighting games" section if there is interest.

SuperSceptile
09-12-2014, 04:07 PM
I am "testing" a SSB section. If there is demand for more fighting games, we might merge. But as it stands, the one Smash thread we have is bigger than like... the old anime section.

So it could stay as SSB, or we could have a "Fighting games" section if there is interest.

I support it either way. I just think smash deserved more, and if we added more fighting games, I think it would please people like Uzi who like fighting games.

orangeftw
09-12-2014, 04:15 PM
Tekken and MvC are jumping in excitement.

Dabottle
09-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Can't you just make FED a subforum of the Nintendo section? Or are subforums not possible? If not you should leave it be because nobody wants 50 crit quotes threads in the Nintendo section. :^)
Some form of online PVP section is a great idea.
More skins are always good! As long as we keep our Midnight White Lucy, I'm fine with anything!
Making a playlogs/group playthroughs section might encourage people to actually do them!

also rip roleplay section

Zachgoose
09-12-2014, 04:23 PM
The only issue with Fire Emblem at the moment is that, once again, the majority of threads in there fall into the "challenges" section. Of course, most people who are interested in Fire Emblem here are veterans, so there's no need to make as many "HOW DO I RECRUIT RAVEN WTF??" threads. Of course, more threads will be made when the whole SMT x FE crossover gets more info.

SuperSceptile
09-12-2014, 04:49 PM
My question is why kill the fan fiction section by adding in the RP. Because the RP'S are one of this sites biggest activities, like X said.

Zachgoose
09-12-2014, 04:52 PM
The only roleplay thread that had been posted in recently was the Walking Dead one. The rest of the section seemed even more dead than the Fanfiction section. If it seems to be a problem, I can separate them again. But for now, the Fanfiction section looked more active.

Shaymin
09-12-2014, 05:16 PM
N E W F O R U M S K I N S P L 0 X
I'd really like some more variety than recolors of the same skin, that stuff gets old.

/will edit later

Prospering
09-12-2014, 05:29 PM
I love the idea of a fighting game section because I know there are some people like myself who like fighting games other than just SSB. There are a lot of interesting threads that I can think of off the top of my head for a fighting game section. This whole idea of a revamp I love, I hope it can rejuvinate the site since it has been as dead as Chernobyl the last few weeks due to schools starting. I'd like new skins since we have had the same ones (not including Nick's) for like years now. If you streamed some games or if you guys started doing the SS community game night I think tht could get some more people to come to the site. I don't know what happened to the whole (change the name of the site and make large changes to attract more people, but I still think you should do that. This current revamp is like a mini version of this.) It seems that Eyan gets on occasionally but for nothing he just sits on the home page then goes afk. Once a day he does this. If there was someone that could get him to cooperate more with the website like advertising it verbally in his videos/ streams that could bring more people in. From what it seems to me he isn't helping this site a whole lot unless if he is talking with staff on skype for new changes but I doubt that. The entire GFK section has seemed to die so asking for a new ava or sig doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. I think somebody should take initiative and add 2 games at once to the mafia section. There are so many that complain (including myself) when not making it in to a mafia game that I can't see why there can't be two games at once and you can only play in one game at a time.

XpL
09-12-2014, 05:46 PM
make mafia appear on the main legend pls.

remove half the inactive mods.

remove/fix arcade
remove/fix tournaments
revamp ranking system
decide what to do with reputation

thats all i care about right now

BreeZaps
09-12-2014, 05:54 PM
New skins please. That would be great. Also a new banner. Leave the FE place as it is. It's good to keep everything in it's own place.

Also smash tournament sometime in oct?

Also the battle ranking are dead. Don't lie and try to keep then up guys, cause it's beating a dead horse at this point.
Lets bring them back in a year or so. It's done. It's over with.

Flubbs
09-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Posting in support of many smash tournaments in the next couple of months

SuperSceptile
09-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Yes we need A LOT of tourneys. We could even do things like veteran only tourneys and newcomer only tourneys. Btw, can we remove rep entirely? Is that possible, because we have no use for it like at all.

Uzi
09-12-2014, 08:15 PM
I think somebody should take initiative and add 2 games at once to the mafia section. There are so many that complain (including myself) when not making it in to a mafia game that I can't see why there can't be two games at once and you can only play in one game at a time.

this is partially my fault here. i was going to finish up scott's ideas on the gm application thread but i haven't been around much because i luv my junior year of high school.

i'd like to suggest the removal of the arcade since it's something that no one really speaks of. i think mafia would be alright being on the main page. i want to see more opinions on that before i actually move the subforum.

also fighting games please i hate smash.

Tainers14
09-12-2014, 10:38 PM
"challenge section" is the best idea I have heard in a while. It's going to be open for any type of video game right? If it is.... return of 3 heart no sword run ;D

PvP games would be a good section, you could make league a sub section. Gonna make a guide to dominoes thread.

What is your opinion on a "blog" section? People post things about themselves that's going on in their life and people can comment on it.

XpL
09-12-2014, 10:48 PM
"challenge section" is the best idea I have heard in a while. It's going to be open for any type of video game right? If it is.... return of 3 heart no sword run ;D

PvP games would be a good section, you could make league a sub section. Gonna make a guide to dominoes thread.

What is your opinion on a "blog" section? People post things about themselves that's going on in their life and people can comment on it.

literally everything in your post is 10/10

im waiting your challenger elo dominion secrets. teach us senpai

dae remember psn blogs?

Kyoits
09-12-2014, 11:20 PM
I've always thought that League should get its own section. This would be good because more topics could be covered if it had its own section.

Cutiepuffle
09-12-2014, 11:49 PM
I would like to have an SS Minecraft Server.

Tainers14
09-13-2014, 12:34 AM
There was a community minecraft server a while ago. Idk what happened to it. You should run the idea by Garthcune. He is into that stuff.

sonriopoby123
09-13-2014, 01:29 AM
is there a way to get rid of the ridiculous caps thing it ruins caps messages

BreeZaps
09-13-2014, 01:55 AM
If we have another minecraft server we need a white list.

XpL
09-13-2014, 12:08 PM
this thread is about the forum specifically.

Zachgoose
09-13-2014, 03:45 PM
is there a way to get rid of the ridiculous caps thing it ruins caps messages

Maybe. I'll look into it. But of course you can type (caps) at the end of a message or something to get around it. But obviously if I'm encouraging evasion of it then it shouldn't exist in the first place.

I would like to have an SS Minecraft Server.

We did this before but someone griefed the hell out of it. It was fun for a few days but logging on and seeing everyone's accomplishments destroyed completely ruins it. Even with a whitelist, I think somebody would troll. Also, I'm not sure if you can have a whitelist and an "unsecured" server at the same time.

BreeZaps
09-14-2014, 10:07 PM
1) whitelist. We make a thread. Ask to be put on the whitelist. With this we can track the people on the server.
2) ban people who troll
3) NO CREATIVE EVER. This will cut down on the trolling.

Really if we work hard and track who comes on the server we can have a grief free server.

Really tbh the only reason why the server crashed and burned was because of no whitelist and people turned it into a creative server.

Remember Joebob and his friends that came and wreaked the server in the first place? With a whitelist this will not happen again.

Can we at least try again?

Dabottle
09-14-2014, 10:57 PM
The problem with a whitelist is that half of the people on Eyanland don't actually own the game.

BreeZaps
09-14-2014, 11:04 PM
The problem with a whitelist is that half of the people on Eyanland don't actually own the game.

And? Should that even matter? Just whitelist the people who do have the game.

Tainers14
09-14-2014, 11:45 PM
The thing with MC trolls is that they don't take MC seriously and the people who take MC seriously buy the game so how are you gonna deal with infamous F2P trolls such as xDewgongx and Arararararararagi

BreeZaps
09-15-2014, 01:21 AM
Just ban trolls. You guys are being really hard. We can use a whitelist and ban people for a reason. Come on.

Gyaradomo
09-15-2014, 01:24 AM
Speaking of revamps, I would like to suggest ramps and elevators be installed. For a physically disabled person like myself, it is very difficult for me to traverse these forums with only 2 hands, 1 foot, and 7 total fingers. The law requires public institutions to remodel to include these things.

Uhhhh but yea a minecraft server would be pretty sweet. Just make people sign a contract or something that will make them know that their stuff can be griefed at any time, and if they dont want that well i guess they dont want that.

Unless you guys want a totalitarian/communist government where properties are owned in minecraft and you cant grief it or anything, which is fine i guess.

Yea i really liked the minecraft server even when stuff got griefed soooo

Cutiepuffle
09-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Also, there's plugins out there to help stop griefing. Also, we should totally have plots.