PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros for 3DS Tournament / New Skin

Zachgoose
09-28-2014, 04:48 AM
Garth and I made a new skin which you can find here: http://superskarmory.net/forum/forum.php?styleid=30

We hope you like it!

Smash 3DS release tournament here: http://superskarmory.net/forum/tournaments.php?do=view&id=25

Feedback about either the tournament or the skin should be posted in this thread. Thanks, friends.

~Zachgoose (Who double spaces too much)

EDIT: We will be releasing a Midnight version of the skin and we'll fix the graphical glitch on the profiles

BreeZaps
09-28-2014, 05:02 AM
Skin is great.
Will all skins update to this look?
Will we get a midnighht version of this look?

Also oct 3rd seems too quick. Can we wait a few days? Just want to enjoy the game. Also oct 3rd is on a friday.

Zachgoose
09-28-2014, 05:05 AM
Skin is great.
Will all skins update to this look?
Will we get a midnighht version of this look?
Also oct 3rd seems too quick. Can we wait a few days? Just want to enjoy the game. Also oct 3rd is on a friday.
1. Thanks. I hope everyone likes it.
2. No. This is the only new skin. The others will stay the same (except they will get new banners eventually... I suppose we will eventually have banner of the month contests)
3. Perhaps, if enough people request it.
4. It is quick, but the tourney will obviously last a few days like most of our tournies have in the past. I wanted to do start it on launch day. But believe me, we will have MANY MANY more Smash tournies in months to come. This is just something fast and fun that won't take long.

Shantae
09-28-2014, 05:39 AM
Besides people are going to complain this is a white skin and not the midnight skin.
I think skin overall is really good and appealing. You guys did a great job putting such effort to this skin.

I would like a midnight skin of this too!

Good luck to people who are participating the Smash 3DS Tournament. I would love to join but my 3DS was broken and idk how long will that resolved. :/

EpicCh33se
09-28-2014, 06:20 AM
>mfw one day shipping is too expensive

mangggggg

XpL
09-28-2014, 11:28 AM
The chatbox background is a bit too bold. Maybe a different tint would be better on the eyes.

Kyoits
09-28-2014, 01:30 PM
this new skin is pretty beast. i really like it.

Dragonite
09-28-2014, 05:57 PM
I have to say, I really like the sidebar art. Also I'd love to join the SSB tournament but if anyone thinks I'm advancing past the 0th round they're deluding themselves.

Also also not getting the game on launch day, most probably, so idk how that's going to play out.

Zachgoose
09-28-2014, 06:09 PM
I thought everyone was getting the game on launch day. When the heck are you people getting it?

Dragonite
09-28-2014, 06:12 PM
me? probably the monday afterwards, I have some errands to do and I don't feel like dealing with the mobs at gamestop and everywhere else that might stock the game

Blade Lord Nayru
09-28-2014, 06:13 PM
I thought everyone was getting the game on launch day. When the heck are you people getting it?
A while after Smash 5 gets announced, is my plan.

Clairvoya
09-28-2014, 06:18 PM
If I can get the game on launch date (via buttering up my parents/using my own money, either way) I might do a tournament for once. Using, of course, the best character, Zelda.
*cries*

This new theme is great although the sideart doesn't show up, at least on my laptop.

BreeZaps
09-28-2014, 06:39 PM
The side art doesn't show for me as well, Rosalina.
Also is it just chris and me or is this new server slower then the old one?

Edit: [28-09, 11:43] Dragonite: on that note, yes, i think this is a little slower than the old server
[28-09, 11:44] Rosalina: just a little slower, drago
[28-09, 11:44] Rosalina: just. a. little.

I think we all agree that it's not a little more slow. It's VERY slow. Just pointing it out.

EpicCh33se
09-28-2014, 06:48 PM
The new sideart shouldn't show up to anyone who has a small screen size because the GUI isn't universally scaled.
Just the way it works.

Pokemon73
09-28-2014, 10:14 PM
December because I'm saving for OR/AS

Prospering
09-28-2014, 11:52 PM
I don't think that I will be getting smash 4 anytime soon. Just spent $500 on a PS4 and Destiny. Also in about a week I will be getting nba 2k15, so I don't think I'm getting it remotely around launch day. I'm not in to smash anyways especially when I was playing with a few buddies I realized that the game just is not the type of fighting game that I'm accustomed to. I might actually learn the game at get good, but it is just not the most skill based fighting game imo

SuperSceptile
09-28-2014, 11:57 PM
LMAO DESTINY! Anyway I joined the tournament, and the new skin looks great. Waiting for the midnight version though.

Prospering
09-29-2014, 12:03 AM
Destiny is a great game...

SuperSceptile
09-29-2014, 12:28 AM
I don't want to start a fight, but no, it isn't. All it is is a huge disappointment. First things first, the story is garbage. I swear, all you do is go and find something of kill something, and you have to pay to play the whole thing. Second, if you aren't playing multiplayer, you basically have to do the same thing over and over. Multiplayer is good, but not Halo good. Seriously, for a 5 million dollar budget, and Bungie at the helm, I don't know how that happened. But seriously this is a smash thread so I'm not gonna say anymore.

SuperPikachuTNT
09-29-2014, 02:08 AM
Skin? Looks Great But I Would Like A Midnight Version.
SSB4 Tornament? Not Entering.
When I'm Getting SSB4? Not Soon, I Haven't Even Got X & Y Yet. So Not In A While.

Kyoits
09-29-2014, 03:38 AM
I don't want to start a fight, but no, it isn't. All it is is a huge disappointment. First things first, the story is garbage. I swear, all you do is go and find something of kill something, and you have to pay to play the whole thing. Second, if you aren't playing multiplayer, you basically have to do the same thing over and over. Multiplayer is good, but not Halo good. Seriously, for a 5 million dollar budget, and Bungie at the helm, I don't know how that happened. But seriously this is a smash thread so I'm not gonna say anymore.

have you played the game
and this is probably the best fps game that is currently our at the moment

Flubbs
09-29-2014, 03:43 AM
Destiny is a great game, but this isn't the thread to talk about it. If you want, feel free to make a Destiny thread and talk about it there.

marissachu
09-29-2014, 05:33 AM
(can't we all just get along? ;~;)

New skin looks hella but I'll probably stick to midnight stuff because I prefer my backgrounds to be black as my soul.
If you need more people for the tourney hmu but I won't join unless y'all really want more people. That being said I'll totally be getting it first day assuming that I can get it from the eshop or whatever it's called because I want to **** Will off by spamming Villager's side b a million times and growing like twenty trees in a two minute span and never hitting anyone. B)

Prospering
09-29-2014, 05:47 AM
WAIT THIS GAME IS ONLY $40? I might be able to get it on launch day.... I'll probably get bopped but tournament experience is always good to have.
EDIT: When I start learning new characters prepare for my 10/10 counterpicking game. Infiltration style
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XKYAayVY48

SuperSceptile
09-29-2014, 06:08 AM
Dude all 3DS games except for SMT4 are 40 dollars. The Wii U one will be 60.

XpL
09-29-2014, 04:31 PM
y'all a bunch of nocturnal emo giraffes if you think this skin is too bright and we need a 'midnight' version.
hello people, its no longer 2008; spruz has been and gone.

Zachgoose
09-29-2014, 05:56 PM
Black themes are easier on the eyes and consume less energy for your computer screen to produce. :^)

marissachu
09-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Black themes are easier on the eyes and consume less energy for your computer screen to produce. :^)

ye c'mon scott I'm just trying to save energy and preserve the environment ;(

Majorasfan
09-29-2014, 07:48 PM
Just to confirm, the tournament starts on release day, that Friday?

SuperSceptile
09-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Nick that is correct.

SuperSceptile
10-01-2014, 03:04 AM
Sorry for double posting but IDK if i can participate. I dropped my 3ds xl in water, and idk if it will work. Im gonna leave it overnight and when school is over tomorrow I'll check it. I hope it's fine but this happened to my old DSI and that thing died instantly. ITS SO IRONIC TOO I KNEW SOMETHING BAD WOULD HAPPEN BEFORE SMASH CAME OUT!

Dragonite
10-01-2014, 03:15 AM
Take out the battery and soak it all in rice. It won't fix anything that's already broken but it should draw a lot of the water out of it.

SuperSceptile
10-01-2014, 03:30 AM
Yeah I did it. The circuit board wasn't wet at all, and the battery was dry. Only parts that were wet were the card slot and SD slot. Any recommendations as to when I pick it up again? If it works would Midnight on thursday be ok?

Cutiepuffle
10-02-2014, 12:30 AM

Maybe after the Wii U version is out so I know which one I want. No local multiplayer on 3DS (unless your friend has the game too ) is a huge drawback.

megagamer
10-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Wait did the tourney already start? I want to join xD

marissachu
10-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Wait did the tourney already start? I want to join xD

It started on Friday (it might even be over/close to over by now but I'd have to check) but there will definitely be more Smash tourneys in the future! This one was sorta just a small little thing for the people super duper hyped about the Smash release anyway, so don't worry that you missed this one ^^

megagamer
10-07-2014, 10:53 PM
It started on Friday (it might even be over/close to over by now but I'd have to check) but there will definitely be more Smash tourneys in the future! This one was sorta just a small little thing for the people super duper hyped about the Smash release anyway, so don't worry that you missed this one ^^

Wow alright thanks alot. I look forward to it!

SuperSceptile
10-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Yeah mega is actually a pretty good player. I've fought against him a few times. Definitely looking forward to the next tourney.

Jiggles
10-09-2014, 04:29 PM
I'm going to participate definitely in the next tourney, does anybody have any idea when it is?

megagamer
10-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Yeah mega is actually a pretty good player. I've fought against him a few times. Definitely looking forward to the next tourney.

;_____; thank you.

Flubbs
10-13-2014, 06:32 PM
when i stop being bad at this game

BreeZaps
10-21-2014, 06:16 PM
So when is the midnight version coming?

SuperSceptile
10-21-2014, 06:22 PM
And when is the next tourney?

Zachgoose
10-22-2014, 06:29 AM
http://superskarmory.net/forum/tournaments.php?do=view&id=26

BreeZaps
10-23-2014, 05:07 PM
The winner and runner up of this will get a ORAS demo code! (Must be in the US and Canada to use)

I had extras. =P

SuperSceptile
10-23-2014, 05:12 PM
And now I know why I have to win.

megagamer
10-25-2014, 12:40 AM
Nononononono did I miss this!?!?!

Zachgoose
10-25-2014, 10:02 PM
Pokemon tourney but I feel like posting here just in case: http://superskarmory.net/forum/tournaments.php?do=view&id=27

Roxas
10-25-2014, 10:15 PM
This game immediately felt boring after months of over-hype

Cutiepuffle
10-25-2014, 10:36 PM
This game immediately felt boring after months of over-hype

Actually, I still like it.

AND. HOW. DID. I. MISS. THIS. AGAIN.

Someone plz PM me and Mega when another tourney starts.