PDA

View Full Version : Market system is live!

Zachgoose
12-24-2014, 06:40 AM
After weeks of hard work from the staff, the market system is now available! Just click the market button in the top right. :D Ask any questions you need to in this thread.

Quick FAQ:

-There were major issues we came across with the system we are still working out so I had to remove a bunch of items temporarily, but expect 20+ new items in the next few weeks!

-If there is a bug or problem of any sort, please let me know. I tested it as best I could but I don't expect the system to be perfect.

-There will be discounts and coupons in the future, so don't fret if you can't afford something right now.

-Your signature (if it has HTML) and custom profile (if you have one) will still remain the same, but if you edit them, you cannot change them back without purchasing the corresponding items in the market.

-Badge system is coming soon.

-Mafia, tournaments, and various other events can get you additional points.

-You can open "shops" by making threads in a section and offering your services (such as art or writing) in exchange for points.

-A donation system will likely be coming soon. This site costs about 20 dollars a month and Garthcune pays for it out of pocket. You will be given points for your donations. Perhaps about 100 points per dollar?

-The chatbox will eventually have your colored usernames be updated, though it is not present atm.

-Stealing will be enabled within the next 2 days to give time for the "richer" users to protect themselves.

-The most points any users have is 3000. There are about 10 users who had that many points. I will keep it a secret who does, but it should be easy to guess. :)

-1 post = 1 point. 1 thread = 5 points

- UZI EDIT: Here is an image depicting the available colors that users can change their usernames to featuring popular forum user Red:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3171278/Pictures/wtf/butts.png

Ask away with questions! Please read every post in this thread to avoid asking repeat questions Have fun! (Now if you'll excuse me I need to take a break cause working on this system has been my life for the past couple of weeks)

Uzi
12-24-2014, 06:44 AM
once again, thanks so much for doing this bud. hope you two have a great christmas. i'll try to carry you next time we play.

now to ban sonrio once and for all. ahahahahhahahHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Dragonite
12-24-2014, 06:47 AM
Got my usertitle back, that's all that really matters. We shall see how this goes. Should be fun. Looks good so far, though.

edit

hang on, how exactly does stealing work? It's not something I especially want to deal with, and if someone wants points I'd probably give them away for free anyway.

Red
12-24-2014, 06:51 AM
Already found a bug. The field for putting in HTML user titles doesn't allow more characters than what can fit visually in the space.

This thing is rad as hell though. Thanks for the update volvo.

Dragonite
12-24-2014, 06:56 AM
Uhh, going to go out on a limb and say that this is probably not what the profile editor is supposed to look like:

http://i.imgur.com/xsjfYof.png

sonriopoby123
12-24-2014, 06:57 AM
We should get examples of the colors it gives you

marissachu
12-24-2014, 06:59 AM
Thanks so much for putting this together, guys! Can't wait to see the new options and see how this develops~ ^^

X!!
12-24-2014, 07:03 AM
Dammit, I wasted points on the point thief protection thing. I probably should've checked if expert thief was still there. xD

BreeZaps
I have a feeling that stealing is going to cause a lot of drama. Just saying. Like someone finally saves up there points to buy something for only someone to steal there points.

Zachgoose
It's like a 1% steal Bree. Stealing 1% from a user with less than a 1000 points isn't even worth it.

X!!
hi bree in two days i'll be ready to steal your points since you're rich and everything. :^)

BreeZaps
12-24-2014, 07:09 AM
hi bree in two days i'll be ready to steal your points since you're rich and everything. :^)

Wheres the dislike button.

Flubbs
12-24-2014, 07:10 AM
Steal from him to show your disapproval (v:

Blue
12-24-2014, 07:11 AM
To all those people who want color previews, here is a link that might give you an idea of what a color will look like. http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp I have no idea if this is accurate though.

XpL
12-24-2014, 07:12 AM
you mess with me i change your user title.
i got that cash money in the bank, big spender.

BreeZaps
12-24-2014, 07:17 AM
The new system is great btw.
Also you forgot to add yellow.

Edit: I guess gold is the same thing as yellow.

Roxas
12-24-2014, 07:18 AM
Watch out for my embarrassing usertitle changes.

BreeZaps
12-24-2014, 07:19 AM
Watch out for my embarrassing usertitle changes.

Someone ban this guy or remove you being able to do this. Seriously.

Zachgoose
12-24-2014, 07:21 AM
Yeah I'm gonna disable that and refund Roxas and give enough points for Bottle and Drago to get another title change for now since the system is already being abused.

BreeZaps
12-24-2014, 07:23 AM
I have a feeling that a lot of this stuff is way too much money. Really.

Uzi
12-24-2014, 07:25 AM
for those wondering what their name would look like in a certain color, we've added an image showing that to the opening post! it even features popular forum member red.

have fun spending money folks. NinoZ

X!!
I have a feeling that a lot of this stuff is way too much money. Really.

I guess it's one way to encourage posting for points and whatnot.

XpL
okay 3.1k posts. more qq top 1% occupy wall streeet.

BreeZaps
12-24-2014, 07:28 AM
I am very happy with this system. Zach and Garth did a great job. Thank you guys for all your hard work.

Dragonite
12-24-2014, 07:28 AM
Uh, Zach? I think there's probably a mistake . . .

http://i.imgur.com/n4jjtUH.png

Starry
12-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Yeah, same with me. I just jumped up to 1,927.50 points. I had about 300 before, so if you need to change it back, then change it back please.

Edit: Sorry, just saw that many other people were having this problem, I apologize for just stating what has already been said. Sorry.

marissachu
12-24-2014, 07:30 AM
The whole point of implementing the points system in the first place was to encourage and reward being an active community member. The reason why things such as blogs are very expensive is to make it a privilege and a goal. Things that seem overpriced like stealing/day bans were done intentionally to allow them to still be potential purchases eventually for users with way more points than they need but to be purposefully inaccessible for constant purchase.

I'm sure some prices may get adjusted when we have a better idea of how the system is working but Zach and Garth put a lot of time and thought into this stuff and if something is a certain price it's probably that way for a reason.

BreeZaps
12-24-2014, 07:31 AM
It's still wayyy too much imao. If you never make a thread
1 post = one point.
Ya... It will take more then a year just to buy someone that's a 1000 like the blogs.

>also what the **** why http://superskarmory.net/forum/market.php?do=cat&id=4 I don't want people messing around with my profile stuff. It will be zapbree all over again. Also it will cause drama.

Eltafez
12-24-2014, 07:35 AM
Thank you admins and mods for this! This is a cool market!

X!!
12-24-2014, 07:35 AM
Uh, Zach? I think there's probably a mistake . . .

http://i.imgur.com/n4jjtUH.png

You should've banned two people while you were at it. ;~;

sonriopoby123
12-24-2014, 07:40 AM
oh my god remove ban a user its not even reversible oh my god

Dragonite
12-24-2014, 07:46 AM
You should've banned two people while you were at it. ;~;

I'd rather post my YouTube password in the chatbox.

Honestly, I find the idea of editing other users, whatever the point cost happens to be, pretty dangerous. I don't want to come in one morning and find my avatar changed to a picture of a centipede. I don't want to come in one morning and find my usertitle changed to "I hate orange juice." I don't want to come in one morning and find that I've been banned because "(^:."

By the way, I'll say right now that if the last thing happens I'm creating an alt and requesting (another) reversal.

marissachu
12-24-2014, 07:48 AM
Hi okay I appreciate all your posts but obviously as stated in the OP which I recommend everyone read this is a work in progress and we're all very aware of problems. Stating complaints/issues is FINE but please refrain from spamming. From this point forward I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and if I see any memes or no content posts then I'm going to start handing out infractions. Garth and Zach spent a lot of their time this holiday season working on THIS for YOU GUYS so please be considerate and use this thread productively.

That is all.

EDIT: After Bree's post (which was posted at the same time as this one) any "I agree" or "yes this!" posts will be considered spam. Please show your agreement with likes in this case. Thank you.

BreeZaps
12-24-2014, 07:48 AM
I'd rather post my YouTube password in the chatbox.

Honestly, I find the idea of editing other users, whatever the point cost happens to be, pretty dangerous. I don't want to come in one morning and find my avatar changed to a picture of a centipede. I don't want to come in one morning and find my usertitle changed to "I hate orange juice." I don't want to come in one morning and find that I've been banned because "(^:."

By the way, I'll say right now that if the last thing happens I'm creating an alt and requesting (another) reversal.

Omg this post made me laugh. Because of :^)
xD

But I agree with what you said.

XpL
12-24-2014, 07:57 AM

Alt accounts are a permanent ban. I'm not sure that's a valid route to take considering your status within the community. Concerns and complaints have been complied and are being addressed. There is no need to set a poor example in violating important rules.

Dragonite
12-24-2014, 08:00 AM
Alt accounts are a permanent ban. I'm not sure that's a valid route to take considering your status within the community. Concerns and complaints have been complied and are being addressed. There is no need to set a poor example in violating important rules.

I'm not sure you understand - if this was a school, getting banned because someone feels like it would be like setting fire to their locker. It should never happen, and if it does I'm going to have it reversed no matter what.

XpL
12-24-2014, 08:03 AM
Yes it's a controversial feature that shouldn't be enabled, I agree.
However, creating an alt account in protest is a violation of a key rule and that would result in complete exclusion from the domain.

Zachgoose
12-24-2014, 08:04 AM
All right well clearly some kinks need to be worked out so we need to disable it for a little bit. Just continue your forum lives as normal until we can work it out.

I really truly appreciate the few of you who took the time to thank me and Garth for our work rather than just badgering us with questions / demanding things of us. I understand that you're excited about the new system and want everything to work out, but we're doing the best we can. I should have waited later to release it but I wanted to fulfill that Christmas Eve goal. I have the flu and I've spent 16+ hours working on this dumb thing so I'm just a bit frustrated is all.

- Zach "Just trying to make everyone happy" Goose

marissachu
12-24-2014, 08:04 AM
I'm not sure you understand - if this was a school, getting banned because someone feels like it would be like setting fire to their locker. It should never happen, and if it does I'm going to have it reversed no matter what.

I think the issue with the "ban a user" option is simply whether it should exist at all. With the current post/thread/point exchange rate it would be a considerable task for a single user to ban another, especially when there are plenty of other options in the shop. I believe the idea (as I have mentioned before) was to have a fun little thing to use points on if by some circumstance you had been around so long and posted so much that you had an abundance of points with no use for them. I don't believe people thought they'd be used much, and the fact that sonrio ended up having the points to ban Uzi (which was an error) is a freak circumstance in itself.

That being said, remember two things: 1) it's only for a day so the worst case scenario if this stays is that every once in a blue moon someone gets banned for 24 whole hours and 2) we're obviously considering a lot of aspects of the system atm and whether the function should stay/in what form is being thought over.

edit: looks like stuff affecting other users for being removed. obviously still a WOP, look forward to end results etc etc

Prospering
12-24-2014, 08:06 AM
If people will resort to creating alts to avoid the one day ban then I see no point in keeping the ban system if people can't handle it. I understand that 5,000 points is a lot, but some people don't find being banned humorous. Imagine coming to a new forum and being banned for a day, not a great first impression now is it.

Dragonite
However, creating an alt account in protest is a violation of a key rule and that would result in complete exclusion from the domain.

Worse than, in a word, bullying? Looks like, once again, we're at an agreement.

Fortunately, it looks like getting banned because (^: won't ever be happening.

[24-12, 03:05] Zachgoose: Anything that will affect other users will be removed

BreeZaps
I believe that as long as you set the right rules with alts that it should be ok. Like

1 alt only
Don't use the alt to troll/break any rules.
Break the rules and alt permbanned and main account gets the punishment depending on what you did. Also you can't make another alt again.
And if you make a alt you need to tell a staff member.

EpicCh33se
12-24-2014, 08:07 AM

You have a point. Like I said before, it's like paying a cop to go and punish someone for no crime. Even though you later end up telling them: "Ha! It was a joke! No harm meant," they might feel extremely different. Maybe they could have spent that time on the forums making posts or threads.
But know that the system is now in limbo and will stay that way for at least a while so revisions can be made. The system was quickly released in time for the holidays, and as you know, rushing isn't always a good idea. No matter how hard a person works, they can't pick everything up in their peripheral vision.

marissachu
12-24-2014, 08:10 AM
I don't think the rules regarding alts will be changed any time soon. Unlike social media (Twitter/Facebook/etc) there is ZERO reason why a normal user (not Zach/Garth testing something) would need an alt. They create confusion as to the person's identity and end up resulting in people misleading others/using their accounts for mischief.

Majorasfan
12-24-2014, 04:19 PM
^ Exactly what marissa said. There's no reason for an alt, at all. Why have one? If we find out you made an alt, it's getting banned, simple as that. That's not being hardline, it's being sensible.

I for one woke up too late to see the market system in action, but I appreciate the hard work Zach and Garth have put into this. I'm sure it'll prove to be a wonderful and fun feature of the forums. = )

EDIT: I am now aware of the entire situation, and let me say a few things as the other admin around here:

1. Please don't patronize Zach or Garth. They worked tirelessly on this system to make the forums more fun for everyone. Troubleshooting is one thing, but banning mods and the like is not acceptable. This is a lot of stress for someone to deal with on Christmas Eve, so leave them be for now and let them fix stuff up.

2. The ban feature will not be in the final version. I didn't even know it was in this one. So yeah, no worries there.

More to come as I get more thoughts on it later.