PDA

View Full Version : Notify Users When Their Message Is Quoted

Shiningbolt
01-18-2015, 04:20 AM
Hey, Garth! I've got a suggestion that I hope is possible:

Notify users when their post is quoted.
It could be a tab in the profile like the Likes tab or the same type of notification as visitor and personal messages.

I want people to know that someone actually read their comment and responded. I also want to know if people responded to mine. Some people may not quote others when responding, but this could probably encourage it.

While we're at it, why not get a mentioning system going? I've seen in other forums where you can do @name and people would get a notif. :)

Dragonite
01-18-2015, 04:28 AM
Hmm . . . could this be turned into an optional setting, if added?

I generally know when my posts have been quoted anyway because I stalk the activity like a tiger, and given how much I post stuff I'd imagine this would make my inbox explode pretty quickly :P

sonriopoby123
01-18-2015, 04:30 AM
While we're at it, why not get a mentioning system going? I've seen in other forums where you can do @name and people would get a notif. :)

Shiningbolt
01-18-2015, 04:43 AM
Hmm . . . could this be turned into an optional setting, if added?

I generally know when my posts have been quoted anyway because I stalk the activity like a tiger, and given how much I post stuff I'd imagine this would make my inbox explode pretty quickly :P

Then you'd probably be fine with it being a tab like the Likes tab in your profile. I was thinking about you (and others) when I thought of this, Dragonite!