PDA

View Full Version : What game should i start on

bluegrowlithe
03-01-2015, 01:09 AM
I want to get into fire emblem series what is the best game to start on

Aaron
03-01-2015, 01:22 AM
I'm not a massive FE fan, but I would say Sacred Stones or, if you really want to scrape the bottom of the barrel, Awakening would probably be good choices, and Awakening is only for Casual Mode. My only qualm is that Casual Mode doesn't teach newbies about the actual mechanics of losing units forever, which is why Sacred Stones is better for a beginner.

Dabottle
03-01-2015, 01:25 AM
One option is to play Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS. It's a very fun game and very beginner friendly! It's very easy to understand and has casual/newcomer mode just in case perma-death puts you off/seems too challenign at first.
You can also get Fire Emblem (7) on the WiiU eShop. It's much cheaper than Awakening, if you're worried about spending a lot of money on something you might not enjoy. It also has a (kind of tedious and boring) tutorial that helps explain most mechanics and in my opinion a much more interesting story and characters than Awakening.

Both games are really good and I can't really recommend one over the other. Good luck~ ^^

Blade Lord Nayru
03-01-2015, 01:29 AM
I started out with Sacred Stones (8) for the GBA, and it's one of my favorite video games ever.

You could start with the worst one, which would (in my opinion) be Shadow Dragon for the DS.

But you should probably listen to Badootel over me, seeing as how he's one of our experts on the subject and I'm not.

Dabottle
03-01-2015, 01:32 AM
FE8's also a really good game and is a perfectly good spot to start from. I didn't mention it because it's only on the EU eShop and I don't know where OP lives. It's also fairly easy to understand and play and I believe the easy mode tutorial thing explains things pretty well. Don't start with Shadow Dragon.

Ayra
03-01-2015, 04:31 AM
Sacred Stones.