PDA

View Full Version : Custom Moves in Competitive Play

Zachgoose
03-10-2015, 07:20 PM
By now we should all know that EVO, the big fighting game convention held in June, has decided to allow custom moves for Smash for Wii U in the tournament. How do you feel about this?

I'd personally never messed with custom moves before, but I've seen small tournies on streams use custom moves and it's actually really exciting. Diddy and Sheik are probably still the best characters, but it's fun because it seems to add more diversity to the game and it's like starting over from day 1 again since you have no idea what any characters are capable of.

I was opposed to it for a while, but they definitely can work in a tournament setting in my opinion. For those of you that don't know, there is a custom move project which will upload the top 6 most used /most viable custom move setups for each character, so each Wii U can be fully setup with what most people need so they can jump in-game without any delay.

SuperSceptile
03-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Custom moves make Mario so much fun to watch. The gust cape is funny as hell because it leads to some hilarious deaths. Customs in general are great because some of the not as good characters have customs that make them much better (palutena) and the top tier characters don't get super buffed from them. They balance the game a bit more imo. Plus they're fun to mess around with and lead to different strategies while fighting.

Zachgoose
03-10-2015, 09:43 PM
Diddy Kong's up B becomes a kill move at like 80% which is scary but I think it will definitely increase diversity in what characters are chosen.

I mean the game included custom moves for a reason. We shouldn't let their designs go to waste. I just wish there was a For Glory mode that allowed custom moves, because I feel a lot of players will be inexperienced with the new format when they enter.